The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:20:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer Transfer Targets

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 152   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer Transfer Targets  (Read 239061 times)
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2016, 09:19:27 am »

Would love to see Dan at the Cobblers next season  but Holman is contracted to Colchester and was only on loan at Cheltenham. so i am guess they may use him next season since their relegation. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35235722

Signed for Cheltenham in January, depends on how his contract extension would work.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2016, 10:05:42 am »

I still remember the time on a Tuesday night when Bayo thundered back to intercept a nippy left wing back (east stand side) and caught him ,took the ball off him then went on the attack himself. It got the biggest cheer that particular evening. It didn't happen that often but he had every available after burner fully (beast mode) on, on that occasion.  Tongue 

I remember this , it was hilarious.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2016, 15:27:22 pm »

I remember this , it was hilarious.

Great play by Bayo - never seen so many people laugh and cheer at the same time.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2016, 16:15:29 pm »

Great play by Bayo - never seen so many people laugh and cheer at the same time.

I remember jumping around like we had scored  Grin Grin
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2016, 22:36:46 pm »

Would love to see Dan at the Cobblers next season  but Holman is contracted to Colchester and was only on loan at Cheltenham. so i am guess they may use him next season since their relegation. 

Have you actually seen him play as apparently he flopped at Colchester! You give me the impression that you have done so?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 07:31:15 am by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2016, 22:45:48 pm »

However good bayo was for us the fact is as soon as we were no longer reliant on him we have got promoted.
He was a good player for the cobblers but made us one dimensional.
Only now without him have we progressed as a team.
Sad but true.
It should never be forgotten that in hindsight he was the polish on a shiny turd.
Top player/fans favourite but failed to get us promoted(albeit singlehandedly).
Il never forget his time at ntfc but can't help thinking that it's now been tarnished by the club improving for his absence.
Mind you when the club was on its arse he showed that he really cared for us by auctioning his shirt etc.
Arguments about his legacy aside he was a TOP,TOP bloke as well as a decent player and we were lucky to have him at the time!
Report Spam   Logged
BigNose

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2016, 23:10:44 pm »

BAYO LOVE-IN ALERT.!!.....  WRIGLEY's -  PLEASE DO NOT READ......IT WILL STRESS YOU OUT!!!
Anyone remember that match a few years ago when Stuart Gray was manager and we were winning 4-0 at home when we were awarded a penalty.
We had a young blonde laddie on loan from someone (Leicester?) whose name escapes me but who was of similar appearance to Billy McKay. He had already scored 2 goals on his debut and he went to pick the ball up thinking he was going to complete his hatrick.
Bayo being the designated penalty taker, he waddled over to the young laddie (in that John Wayne style of his) and calmly took the ball off him like taking Candy from a baby. Even though Bayo had only been in town for less than a season (I think?) he had already made a BIG impression and was already an icon, so upon seeing our Icon throwing his weight around like this, everyone boo-ed loudly as Bayo was walking back to the penalty spot with the ball under his arm..... (It was only a light hearted "Boo" as everyone was laughing at the same time, how comical it looked him ripping the ball off the little lad, and stopping him getting a hatrick on his debut)

As Bayo reached the penalty spot, the booing finally got to him and, shaking his head, he magnanimously turned and tossed the ball to the laddie, thus allowing him to score, and complete his hatrick.

As everyone realised what he (Bayo) was doing, the booing turned to riotous cheering, and a legend was built/born.

I have never seen anything like this before or since, and I suspect never will again.
Stuart Gray was annoyed in his Post match interview (despite us winning 5-1) as he said Bayo should just have got on with it and taken the penalty, as he was the penalty taker!!
It summed Bayo and his personality up, and why he was such a great player. (And 75 goals in just over 140 starts don't lie, do they?!)
He just wanted to be loved/liked, by his team mates, aswell as the fans.
His play was almost always totally unselfish.
This made it all the more frustrating as to why Boothroyd took such an instant disliking to him when the short arse arrived.
I vowed after how Bayo was treated in the play off final that I wouldn't attend another match until Boothroyd was fired, and luckily that didn't take very long.....so I could go back to following the Cobblers home and away.

On another occasion, Bayo also texted me at 10.30pm at night, after scoring the winning goal in a Saturday pm match, to dedicate his goal to my father and wish him all the best for his op,  (Dad was about to have an imminent triple heart bypass) and Steve Riches had kindly arranged for us to meet Bayo and have a chat and photos with him before that match.
How many premier league stars can you think of who would have the same compassion and empathy to remember to text a lowly fan as Bayo did when he got back to his family home in London?!

A Great man..... and I suspect a great Dad to his growing posse of kids!  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
BigNose

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2016, 00:40:08 am »

However good bayo was for us the fact is as soon as we were no longer reliant on him we have got promoted.
He was a good player for the cobblers but made us one dimensional.
Only now without him have we progressed as a team.
Sad but true.
It should never be forgotten that in hindsight he was the polish on a shiny turd.
Top player/fans favourite but failed to get us promoted(albeit singlehandedly).
Il never forget his time at ntfc but can't help thinking that it's now been tarnished by the club improving for his absence.
Mind you when the club was on its arse he showed that he really cared for us by auctioning his shirt etc.
Arguments about his legacy aside he was a TOP,TOP bloke as well as a decent player and we were lucky to have him at the time!

I am sorry Shoemaker, as on occasions you do talk some sense Wink   (And you already know I have an empathy for your situation) ...but almost everything you typed above is complete and utter rubbish and I can only suspect you may have been drinking?!!

"he was the polish on a shiny turd.."    ...... 75 goals in just over 140 starts (and I suspect even more assists than that) represents a 1 in 2 strike rate over several seasons. This is far and away the best striking I have seen since the mid eighties when I started watching the Cobs...... I don't hear of many folks calling Alan Shearer or Gary Lineker "polish on shiny turds", and they had similar strike rates?!?!?

"He was a good player for the cobblers but made us one dimensional."  Huh?   .... Bayo didn't make us one dimensional.....Aidy short-arse Boothroyd flippin did!!?!?? His insistence on playing the 37 year old Clive Platt upfront alongside Bayo, or more crucially, the absence of ANY pacy, nippy, mobile players around Bayo to run beyond him and around him, and to complement his superb hold up play but undoubted lack of pace, and Boothroyds style of hoofing long diagonal balls up to Bayo, all stopped us playing any decent, counter attacking football. Bayo had the best first touch of any Cobblers striker I have seen, and when the ball was played in to him to feet, or to chest height or below, he retained the ball 99% of the time and developed the play superbly.
When Stuart Gray and Ian Sampson were manager, they both played a more mixed style of play, with a smattering of more speedy, nippy and mobile players, which brought the best out of the team, and out of Bayo.

How ludicrous to state that the success of Chris Wilders team of 2016 reflects badly in any way whatsoever on Bayo?!?! Every single one of the players we have now, Chris Wilder has brought in. It has nothing to do with Bayo whatsoever?!? 
Do you not think that if you transplanted a Bayo of 5-6 years ago into this current team, he would find it nigh on impossible to score less than 30 goals in the season?!?

"as soon as we were no longer reliant on him we have got promoted."  HAHAHAHA!!!  Grin   Oh, so being a great player is now a negative?!? And I think you will find that it took slightly more than simply "getting rid" of Bayo for us to get promoted this season?!?!?!
Maybe you also think Bayo was responsible for our failure under Gary Johnson?!?

The biggest single reason we have just won the league is Chris Wilder.
He has recruited players that fit his system and style of play and he has managed them and motivated them and coached them into the team they are now.

It isn't Bayo's fault that we have won the league now?!?
By your reckoning......If Alexis Sanchez leaves Arsenal at the end of this season, and they sack Arsene Wenger and replace him with Diego Simeone, and he replaces the entire squad with his own players over the next 2-3 years and then Arsenal go on to win the Premier league, does that make it purely Alexis Sanchez's fault that they didn't win the league when he was there??!?! Does that make him a rubbish player?!? What happens to a team several years after a player has left, and managers have been changed, has absolutely NOTHING to do with how good a player he was when he was there.

Bayo left several years ago after being told at Xmas by DC that he "would never play for the club again, so he might aswell look for another club and leave before the transfer window shut" - AB had (allegedly) asked DC to tell Bayo this, since he didn't have the minerals to tell him himself....an interview with Bayo was posted on youtube explaining this, several months after he was released by AB)
And all this despite Bayo being top scorer in the league at Xmas with (I think?) 17 goals or so?
Not surprisingly, Bayo seemed to stop scoring then, and I think he only scored another 1 goal until the end of the season, despite getting us into the play offs and getting somewhere near back to his best in the last few matches he played.
To be dropped in the play off final, despite almost single handedly dragging your team mates there, and to be replaced by someone who was 37 and with a torn calf muscle, and who was by his own admission "only 30% fit" (Platt) and who hadn't run, trained, or kicked a ball in 8 weeks, must have absolutely shattered Bayo.
Being such a proud man, that must have really, really hurt, like a kick in the nuts.
He knew AB disliked him from the start, and after all he had been told to leave at Xmas.....so he knew the Play off final was going to be his last Cobblers match.
The Bradford players were buoyed hugely by the team news, the Cobblers players looked confused and bewildered even during the warm up, as to why their manager seemed to be trying to sabotage their one and only hope of getting promoted, and 25,000 Cobblers fans gasped in unison as the teams were announced, when they realised that their day out, their optimism, and the hundreds of pounds on tickets had been totally wasted before a ball had even been kicked.....

I will shut up now.
 Grin
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 00:47:36 am by BigNose » Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2016, 06:51:33 am »

BAYO LOVE-IN ALERT.!!.....  WRIGLEY's -  PLEASE DO NOT READ......IT WILL STRESS YOU OUT!!!
Anyone remember that match a few years ago when Stuart Gray was manager and we were winning 4-0 at home when we were awarded a penalty.
We had a young blonde laddie on loan from someone (Leicester?) whose name escapes me but who was of similar appearance to Billy McKay.

Was it Billy Clarke ?

The Leicester but makes it sound like Craig King but I don't think he scored a hatrick.

Billy Clarke did on his début I think.

What a nice gesture by Bayo to give him the ball for his hatrick  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Wrigleys is going to blow a gasket.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:53:32 am by Gen.Disorda » Report Spam   Logged

clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2016, 07:26:53 am »

Bayo was a top player and his goal to game ratio was superb.

However we are a better team without him.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2016, 07:34:37 am »

Good for us (at the time) good for him ( at the time)
We've moved on. He's moved on.
Nothing special or scientific.

He brought goals, raised his and our profile. Thank you

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
BigNose

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2016, 09:48:01 am »

Was it Billy Clarke ?

The Leicester but makes it sound like Craig King but I don't think he scored a hatrick.

Billy Clarke did on his début I think.

What a nice gesture by Bayo to give him the ball for his hatrick  Grin Grin Grin Grin

Wrigleys is going to blow a gasket.

Thanks!!  I think you are right, Billy Clarke, that was him!
Report Spam   Logged
BigNose

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2016, 09:51:10 am »

Bayo was a top player and his goal to game ratio was superb.

However we are a better team without him.

We are a much better team now because we have better, faster and more skilful players pretty much all over the pitch, and a top manager to boot....you make it sound like the fact we didn't have those things years ago was all Bayo's fault?! (he wasn't the manager at the time!?!)  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2016, 11:21:48 am »

We are a much better team now because we have better, faster and more skilful players pretty much all over the pitch, and a top manager to boot....you make it sound like the fact we didn't have those things years ago was all Bayo's fault?! (he wasn't the manager at the time!?!)  Tongue

Agreed. In the 2013/2014 season we didn't have Bayo and we were shocking all season, gaining survival on the last day. Let's not pretend we haven't had poor seasons without him. 
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2016, 13:47:18 pm »

Have you actually seen him play as apparently he flopped at Colchester! You give me the impression that you have done so?

Played with him... and seen him plenty of times on the TV this season. His goal scoring record is not bad either!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2016, 14:00:13 pm »

Played with him... and seen him plenty of times on the TV this season. His goal scoring record is not bad either!  Wink

OK but why did Col U get shot of him?
Tips hat to one poster in the know Cool
Report Spam   Logged

lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2016, 14:03:52 pm »

Luke Norris is out of contract at Gillingham at the end of this season. Not played that many games for them this season. He was excellent during his spell with us. Never understood why Boothroyd dropped him randomly. Would love to see him back here, would take him over Marquis.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2487

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2016, 14:16:34 pm »

Gillingham fan at my work says Norris has a bit of an attitude problem and lacks work ethic.
Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2016, 14:48:12 pm »

OK but why did Col U get shot of him?
Tips hat to one poster in the know Cool

Sometimes players don't click at certain clubs.....
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2016, 15:01:54 pm »

Sometimes players don't click at certain clubs.....

Some Times a player needs to drop down to Non-league as a kick up the arse so they realise they are blowing their dream, just look at Vardy or Steve Morrison to a lesser extent
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 152   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: