The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:13:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Morecambes demise '

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Morecambes demise '  (Read 12497 times)
guest3023

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #320 on: August 22, 2018, 16:25:52 pm »

We were absolutely s***e, end of.

Are you sure you were there?  It may well be the only first time I have seen Ash Taylor play, but he was crap last night.  I'd rather have Irvine Gernon in the centre of our defence.

He wasn't great. I felt uncertain about the CB's all match.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #321 on: August 22, 2018, 17:00:31 pm »

On the game last night:

I hoped that Deepcut would pen a report on the game as his would be reasonably balanced with little or no bias. However we got back to Sixfield after 2am due to the M6 being partly closed and he still had a long journey to undertake to get home. When you see posters like FWalden commenting on Austin and the game and the sheer frustration at the performance then that is as bad as it gets.

I am afraid my view point of the proceedings wont be to everybodies liking. However the Chrons report was pretty accurate particularly on player ratings and I urge people to read it before any conclusions are arrived at - hopefully prior to some of the comments on this forum influence your thoughts!

The first thing to say is pretty obvious , the better side won and deservedly so. Morecombe played with an intensity we could not match until the last ten minutes. They also played as a team and determinedly so. They unsettled us all over the park. They had a left winger who gave I thought Facey a pretty hard time; their best player was A-Jay Leitch-Smith a forward signed from Shrewsbury!! He was to me the best player on the pitch and we never ever got to grips with him at all.
Needless to say he scored the goal which arose from loss of possession (by Hopskins i believe) near the half way line towards the flanks. Back it came like an arrow at our hopelessly out of position defence caused by this catastrophic  error. He simply outpaced those nearest to him and placed a firm shot easily beating Cornell. Cue the pundits on here to criticize Cornell but that really was not the case. I find it difficult to blame him;perhaps ROD might have got a hand to it. We flatter ourselves if we feel/felt that we were getting back into the game as by half time it could have been 2-0 down but for Cornell. 2nd half was a disaster particularly the first 25 mins, where again we were out thought, too slow and for ever the square pass along the back. What on earth DA said to his team at half time I dont know but it should have been a straight forward rollicking, roll your sleeves and get stuck in. Match them for effort and determination. This never happened - so it did leave me thinking is it the result of poor Management? I personally did not agree with DA's selection of Bowditch as a left winger I think? and would have put Crooks on the right with JJOT in the midfield. Foley was disappointing after Saturday as was Hoskins, Powell a genuine waste of space(unkind I know) and Williams who frequently disappeared from the game to earn the tag #awol ! Surprisingly I found Barnett and Taylor adequate with Barnetts passing quite good from out of defence. Taylor heading, blocks and interceptions were important in keeping the score down but his passing although slightly improved was not good. Buchanan now becoming the fall guy which is somewhat injust. You would have thought that the players would have taken it upon themselves to match Morecombe in application and endeavour, instead they left it to the pantomine of the last ten minutes with an outfield player in goal and every so often a mindless pass or hoof. Quite frankly we never looked liked scoring for most of the match even though we had a few opportunities to do so. In particular JJOT's miss summed our feeble efforts up.
In summary IMO DA needs to Manage the side better , make them feel they have to win and to do that they must do so with courage and effort. Cant see many of the following being selected on Saturday:  Hoskins, Powell , Bowditch, Williams and Foley. Before anyone asks, vV was just about our only effective fwd with little or no support.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 17:24:35 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 22, 2018, 17:16:45 pm »

Are you sure you were there?  It may well be the only first time I have seen Ash Taylor play, but he was crap last night.  I'd rather have Irvine Gernon in the centre of our defence.

Why was Taylor crap as he wasn't. His passing was wayward - granted. I would say you missed his heading out of defence and also a couple of blocks and most importantly a couple of interceptions which did look somewhat important at the time. Of course I dont doubt you were there but your cryptic comments above dont do justice to such a loyal and informed supporter.
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 22, 2018, 17:22:10 pm »

All players made errors last night, including Cornell. Crooks missed a sitter and played a pass too short which put the team under pressure. Apart from that he had another decent game and was influential, especially in the first half. Facey was also good and got forward a lot to put in several good crosses. Despite my misgivings about Buchanan he seemed to have a solid enough match to me, no less of a performer than Cornell. Van Veen also put in a shift and while not as influential as Saturday, still did well. Morais was full of running and did very well to fashion a shooting chance and test their stand-in 'keeper. He also was clever to draw the foul from the 'keeper to get him his second yellow. All these were as 'deserving' as MOM than Cornell, though really nobody deserved it.

There is enough ammo' there Frank to take CuF to task. Talk about a view point thru' claret painted specs  - still its an opinion all the same.
Report Spam   Logged

guest3023

« Reply #324 on: August 22, 2018, 17:26:31 pm »

On the game last night:

I hoped that Deepcut would pen a report on the game as his would be reasonably balanced with little or no bias. However we got back to Sixfield after 2am due to the M6 being partly closed and he still had a long journey to undertake to get home. When you see posters like FWalden commenting on Austin and the game and the sheer frustration at the performance then that is as bad as it gets.

I am afraid my view point of the proceedings wont be to everybodies liking. However the Chrons report was pretty accurate particularly on player ratings and I urge people to read it before any conclusions are arrived at - hopefully prior to some of the comments on this forum influence your thoughts!

The first thing to say is pretty obvious , the better side won and deservedly so. Morecombe played with an intensity we could not match until the last ten minutes. They also played as a team and determinedly so. They unsettled us all over the park. They had a left winger who gave I thought Facey a pretty hard time; their best player was A-Jay Leitch-Smith a forward signed from Shrewsbury!! He was to me the best player on the pitch and we never ever got to grips with him at all.
Needless to say he scored the goal which arose from loss of possession (by Hopkins i believe) near the half way line towards the flanks. Back it came like an arrow at our hopelessly out of position defence caused by this catastrophic  error. He simply outpaced those nearest to him and placed a firm shot easily beating Cornell. Cue the pundits on here to criticize Cornell but that really was not the case. I find it difficult to blame him;perhaps ROD might have got a hand to it. We flatter ourselves if we feel/felt that we were getting back into the game as by half time it could have been 2-0 down but for Cornell. 2nd half was a disaster particularly the first 25 mins, where again we were out thought, too slow and for ever the square pass along the back. What on earth DA said to his team at half time I dont know but it should have been a straight forward rollicking, roll your sleeves and get stuck in. Match them for effort and determination. This never happened - so it did leave me thinking is it the result of poor Management? I personally did not agree with DA's selection of Bowditch as a left winger I think? and would have put Crooks on the right with JJOT in the midfield. Foley was disappointing after Saturday as was Hoskins, Powell a genuine waste of space(unkind I know) and Williams who frequently disappeared from the game to earn the tag #awol ! Surprisingly I found Barnett and Taylor adequate with Barnetts passing quite good from out of defence. Taylor heading, blocks and interceptions were important in keeping the score down but his passing although slightly improved was not good. Buchanan now becoming the fall guy which is somewhat injust. You would have thought that the players would have taken it upon themselves to match Morecombe in application and endeavour, instead they left it to the pantomine of the last ten minutes with an outfield player in goal and every so often a mindless pass or hoof. Quite frankly we never looked liked scoring for most of the match even though we had a few opportunities to do so. In particular JJOT's miss summed our feeble efforts up.
In summary IMO DA needs to Manage the side better , make them feel they have to win and to do that they must do so with courage and effort. Cant see many of the following being selected on Saturday:  Hoskins, Powell , Bowditch, Williams and Foley. Before anyone asks, vV was just about our only effective fwd with little or no support.

People can view the goal and make up their own minds. Cornell looks hopelessly out of position to me, and did nothing but make the finish as easy as it looked. In fact the more I watch it the worse it looks, it's like he's unaware where the goal is. As to the ball in, Facey and Taylor are holding a line as the it comes over the top while Buchanan and Barnett are out of formation which plays their player on-side. Two players seem to be sticking to a plan while two do not. Something's seriously wrong with the organisation of the back four in any event.

As to looking likely to score or not, they created enough chances to win the game comfortably but missed them all, a few misses (Crooks' second chance, Powell's weak shot from the rebound and O'Toole's blaze over the bar at the end in particular) being absolute shockers.
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #325 on: August 22, 2018, 17:35:01 pm »

Can assure you that this wasn't a one off from Ash. Most overrated Cobblers player that I can remember in recent memory.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 22, 2018, 17:43:18 pm »

All players made errors last night, including Cornell. Crooks missed a sitter and played a pass too short which put the team under pressure. Apart from that he had another decent game and was influential, especially in the first half. Facey was also good and got forward a lot to put in several good crosses. Despite my misgivings about Buchanan he seemed to have a solid enough match to me, no less of a performer than Cornell. Van Veen also put in a shift and while not as influential as Saturday, still did well. Morais was full of running and did very well to fashion a shooting chance and test their stand-in 'keeper. He also was clever to draw the foul from the 'keeper to get him his second yellow. All these were as 'deserving' as MOM than Cornell, though really nobody deserved it.

I respect your right to be wrong, very wrong indeed.

There appears to be a blind hate against Cornell by a few on here. The worst thing he has done in a cobblers shirt was his sliced punch at Stourbridge (I was one of the lucky few there) leading to the goal making him as bad as the rest of the team that night. He has improved since then in my view.  He is not a world beater, he is not going to play in goal for Wales one day but he is the best goalkeeper we have and the few need to get over themselves and get behind the lad.

We have one goal keeper out on loan and one in on loan plus the two others. I don't see this changing any time soon unless Austin gets the boot before January and any new manager decided to change it.

As another poster has said already, Cornell is the least of our problems.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #327 on: August 22, 2018, 17:49:49 pm »

Barnett reckons it's because the Cobblers are a prize scalp and that's why we are struggling to get results. That's that problem sorted then, not much we can do about it, we are just to big for league 2  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Ron Obvious

Suffer well.

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: August 22, 2018, 17:54:05 pm »

Can assure you that this wasn't a one off from Ash. Most overrated Cobblers player that I can remember in recent memory.

Good last season, poor this. Needs a game or two on the bench. Austin needs to exert his authority and he will gain some respect from his players and the fans. Play the players that are fit and start the 11 who are in the best form. Taylor is not in that 11 in my view at the moment. Same goes for Big Dave Buchanan, Powell and Williams. Also don't let Hoskins take any corners or free kicks.
Report Spam   Logged

Breathing will help you live.
BrixworthCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #329 on: August 22, 2018, 17:59:54 pm »

Garbage, we finished above Mk dons last season, they appoint Paul Tisdale and have 2 wins and 2 draws from 4 games

With what we have....... Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #330 on: August 22, 2018, 18:20:10 pm »

Good last season, poor this. Needs a game or two on the bench. Austin needs to exert his authority and he will gain some respect from his players and the fans. Play the players that are fit and start the 11 who are in the best form. Taylor is not in that 11 in my view at the moment. Same goes for Big Dave Buchanan, Powell and Williams. Also don't let Hoskins take any corners or free kicks.

I know there's a clue in your name. But you speak a lot of sense Ron  Grin Absolutely agree on all players you've listed there.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
corno_ntfc

View Profile
Search Level 6 Linux User
« Reply #331 on: August 22, 2018, 18:22:52 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/morecambe-1-northampton-town-0-match-review-player-ratings-and-highlights-1-8609978

Tagged onto the end of Ash Taylors '5' rating;
though the lack of protection from midfield didn’t help matters

Still think this is being overlooked (by some) from last season into this, the midfield simply doesn't offer enough protection.  The 442 system not helping.
Report Spam   Logged

Football WITHOUT Fans is NOTHING
guest2995

« Reply #332 on: August 22, 2018, 18:40:33 pm »

People can view the goal and make up their own minds. Cornell looks hopelessly out of position to me, and did nothing but make the finish as easy as it looked. In fact the more I watch it the worse it looks, it's like he's unaware where the goal is. As to the ball in, Facey and Taylor are holding a line as the it comes over the top while Buchanan and Barnett are out of formation which plays their player on-side. Two players seem to be sticking to a plan while two do not. Something's seriously wrong with the organisation of the back four in any event.

As to looking likely to score or not, they created enough chances to win the game comfortably but missed them all, a few misses (Crooks' second chance, Powell's weak shot from the rebound and O'Toole's blaze over the bar at the end in particular) being absolute shockers.

For the goal , no one within 10 yards pressed the guy who played the long hopeful ball .
But for a ball to drop as it did without a centre half attacking it is absolute schoolboy .
The forward then was put under no pressure at all .
To be honest that type of defending is a disgrace even at amateur level .
Not impressed with the defensive coaching / selection so far
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 22, 2018, 18:49:48 pm »

For the goal , no one within 10 yards pressed the guy who played the long hopeful ball .
But for a ball to drop as it did without a centre half attacking it is absolute schoolboy .
The forward then was put under no pressure at all .
To be honest that type of defending is a disgrace even at amateur level .
Not impressed with the defensive coaching / selection so far

Come on Guys who were there is B&S right? Bingers,  anybody! Personally I thought Hoskins caused the problem by an 'astute' pass to their midfield/defence player who placed it nicely for Ajay to run onto; so at one stroke placing our noble defence in disarray!
Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #334 on: August 22, 2018, 18:59:44 pm »

Come on Guys who were there is B&S right? Bingers,  anybody! Personally I thought Hoskins caused the problem by an 'astute' pass to their midfield/defence player who placed it nicely for Ajay to run onto; so at one stroke placing our noble defence in disarray!
Just to say , I wasn’t there and only saw the highlights - the Hoskins pass is not captured on those.
Some of our other defending just looked like we couldn’t be bothered to challenge .
Quite alarming
Report Spam   Logged
guest48

« Reply #335 on: August 22, 2018, 19:59:18 pm »

In case anyone has failed to notice, Evers was at the match last night  Wink  What do you mean he's mentioned it in every post !!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #336 on: August 22, 2018, 20:20:49 pm »

Evers was at the game ? He should have said !!!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
bri77

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: August 23, 2018, 06:32:48 am »

I certainly did not defend the people who wished (on here) to punch a minor. Please apologise and withdraw that accusation as its manifestly untrue. My stance on the issue which was common at the time was that your behaviour was unreasonable; you managed to unite this board in critizing your disruptive and disgraceful attitude. Another thing I find some of your comments indecipherable - please clarify your 2nd sentence and 2nd para. Thanks

There is a clear difference on those that said I handled the situation wrong - as I said myself -  but that punching a minor was not acceptable. It wasn't about 'wishing' to punch either it was actual assault.
You were wholly fixated on the standing issue again you have said I was disgraceful and disruptive whilst ignoring the worst aspect of the incident. Your choice completely but shows your priorities.

I leave you to decipher the other comments as I really couldn't care less if you understand them or not.

Report Spam   Logged
the_nosk

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: August 23, 2018, 09:56:32 am »

Can we put an end to these ridiculously named Thread titles? They never seem to work out well, and are frankly embarrassing in their lack of both humour and intelligence!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 23, 2018, 20:19:11 pm »

Reply to CuF comment elsewhere

You stick to iPlayer and me to the actual game. 

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 20:36:28 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: