The Hotel End
April 18, 2024, 00:06:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Style of football

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Style of football  (Read 1512 times)
Teyn and proud

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: April 20, 2019, 19:52:22 pm »

Having watched the teyn a lot this season I have I’ve read a lot and listened to KC and in all that time I’ve come to the opinion that he is not the man to take us where I feel we need to be ok he may have kept us out of the bottom two but in all that time can you honestly say that the quality of football has been appealing I think even the most hardcore fan would have to say no ok you can only play the hand your dealtbut yesterday was a joke target man Williams bench warming 5-7inch target man starved of any quality ball morais’s greatest asset is his pace was it utilised no  we all know he’s going nowhere so guys and gals I fully expect more of same dross next year and by the way if we was to play hoof all next year we could do ourselves a favour and sign that 6-5inch Harry Smith he’s out of contract and only 23 I feel he would be just what we need he’s a hanfull for any defence
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

guest3063

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 20:03:57 pm »

Why do we need another thread putting out this rubbish.

See views on Keith Curle thread (32 pages already discussing this).

Clearly a few bored people out there in keyboard land tonight.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 20:08:35 pm »

I'm out of breath! A little on the long side...as sentences go!  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Teyn and proud

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 20:08:47 pm »

You must be as bored as me your responded
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 20:15:28 pm »

You must be as bored as me your responded

I read the first two lines then gave up to be honest.
Report Spam   Logged
Teyn and proud

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 20:40:41 pm »

So your responded again
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 22:54:50 pm »

So your responded again

Actually T&P I quite enjoyed your one and only sentence. Bet you were holding your breath at the time .....so good effort. Ignore the snobs on here  some of them are too clever for words.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
2500 Posts Windows User Combination
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2019, 07:36:23 am »

Why do we need another thread putting out this rubbish.

See views on Keith Curle thread (32 pages already discussing this).

Clearly a few bored people out there in keyboard land tonight.

Sorry Keith, someone upsetting you again?
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2019, 08:17:09 am »

Sorry Keith, someone upsetting you again?

Give it a rest Glasto, there’s no need for that at all - you and a few others only ever crawl out of the woodwork to chip away at KC or one or two players that you don’t like, I bet us winning on Friday really p**sed you off.
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2019, 09:10:50 am »

Give it a rest Glasto, there’s no need for that at all - you and a few others only ever crawl out of the woodwork to chip away at KC or one or two players that you don’t like, I bet us winning on Friday really p**sed you off.

Not at all - but neither am I singing from the rafters or celebrating massively - that we struggled to beat a team in the bottom two, that were extremely poor and in which were only marginally better.

Look I'm happy to give KC  chance - I hope as we all do, he is good to his word and the current style and systems are solely down to personnel at his disposal and he will change style of play once his players are in place.

Time will tell on that I guess!
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2019, 09:16:59 am »

Not at all - but neither am I singing from the rafters or celebrating massively - that we struggled to beat a team in the bottom two, that were extremely poor and in which were only marginally better.

Look I'm happy to give KC  chance - I hope as we all do, he is good to his word and the current style and systems are solely down to personnel at his disposal and he will change style of play once his players are in place.

Time will tell on that I guess!
Third from bottom...get it right!  Wink
Bath City v Oxford City tomorrow...or are you at Gigg Lane?
Report Spam   Logged
Glastonbury Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2019, 13:41:41 pm »

Third from bottom...get it right!  Wink
Bath City v Oxford City tomorrow...or are you at Gigg Lane?

No not there tomorrow - or again this season.

You might see better football at Bath City tho ;0)
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2019, 17:21:02 pm »

Actually T&P I quite enjoyed your one and only sentence. Bet you were holding your breath at the time .....so good effort. Ignore the snobs on here  some of them are too clever for words.
Snobs? Live in Summertown, Oxford but even so, come the revolution, there will be no upper-middle class left if I have anything to do with it!

However, being half literate helps in the empathy stakes!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2019, 19:17:12 pm »

Curle's current 'style' is no better or worse than Boothroyd's or a number of other direct lower league managers. Over the course of the season it probably would have got us into the play-offs.

Curle has expressed aspirations to evolve and develop beyond this direct approach once he gets his desired personnel in place.

As far as I'm aware - and I could be wrong - he didn't particularly have a reputation as a hoof merchant at Carlisle or his other previous clubs, so I think he'll probably be true to his word at least to some extent.

Report Spam   Logged
Teyn and proud

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2019, 19:46:24 pm »

Bungle I so hope you’re right we all live in hope KTF
Report Spam   Logged
clarkeysntfc

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2019, 11:35:56 am »

Second half on Friday was much more like it.
Report Spam   Logged
Lukey

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2019, 02:31:34 am »

Having watched the teyn a lot this season

Personally whenever I see someone typing 'teyn' I stop reading, it reminds me of the days when rival team fans would join BB's and make out they been a fan for ferty yers.

You do make some valid points though,

For me Keith has come in and done a good job, he's we have lost a few games - but we have done better than before be came in.

He's got one hand tied behind his back due to players being here that he may not want.

He probably cant bring in permanent transfers until some depart.

In the end he's had to dip into the loan market, a place where you can sign players with glowing reviews from reserve and under 23 leagues, but rarely many who have played in this league, we have one though, but it's a tricky market as you could end up with a player who is a liability.

He deserves the chance to make his mark on the team and bring in his own tools for the job, only then can we truly judge his style.

At the minute he just has to try and get the best out of the tools he has been handed,
Report Spam   Logged

Prejudice cannot be hidden,
Arrogance for the color of skin.
Its ugly head is here again
Racism is lurking within.

"Cynthia BuhainBaello"
guest3293

« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2019, 13:22:08 pm »

Gagner est plus important question le style de jeu.
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2019, 13:31:50 pm »

Pas vrai!
Report Spam   Logged
BedsCobb

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2019, 15:44:22 pm »

We must retain the services of Keith Curle as he knows how to play the type of game we will need next season, which is survival football.
The class of 2019/20 will be notably weaker than the previous.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: