The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 10:57:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Your view on our sponsors... UON

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your view on our sponsors... UON  (Read 1043 times)
mattyzoltz92

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« on: August 24, 2019, 13:32:32 pm »

Hello all,

My name is Matthew Holtz, Cobblers fan and proud Northampton resident needing some desperate help from you all!!!

I am a university student doing some research on the club’s sponsor UON and would really really appreciate if you could spare 5 minutes (probably less than that) to complete my survey.

Your responses will be only used for the purposes of my study and you can leave the survey at any time just close the window.
To participate in my study use the following website link: https://eSurv.org?u=fanssurvey

I am studying at The University of Northampton and can be contacted using the following email matthew.holtz@northampton.ac.uk.

Also…

If you know of a group of people who can complete this survey (coach goers or group meet ups), please publicize the following link, your help would be really grateful.

Many thanks

Matt

Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Aitobs

View Profile
500 Posts Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 13:42:44 pm »

Completed.

Out of interest, why did you choose Northampton Town and Manchester United as the two clubs?

You may wish to rephrase Question 4, as it doesn't make much sense.

"Are you likely to puchase [sic] any of the following goods in the next 5 years?
Car
Lease a car
Study at degree level
Study a post graduate course
None of the above"

As for Question 11, anyone who associates "success" or "reliability" with NTFC needs to take their meds!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
mattyzoltz92

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2019, 13:53:32 pm »

Thank you for taking part in the survey...

My Masters is in International Marketing and i want to look at impact of sponsorship ... global vs. local.

I choose an international team MUFC which International sponsors vs. NTFC sponsored by what i believe to be more meaningful sponsors...

i.e in my study i want to see if sponsorship is more beneficial for local football teams from a commercial and fans perspective.

Thank you for the feedback on Q4, i need to check if i can amend this without loosing current responses.

and Q11 could be a talking point in my study ... 

Thanks

Again

Matt
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2019, 14:10:11 pm »

Completed. For additional info, I studied at Northampton Uni and have spoken very highly of it in the past and recommended it to others. In the last couple of years though it seems to have deteriorated massively, both in the university rankings and in terms of the volume of antisocial behaviour and resulting negative sentiment generated. It actually appears to have gone downhill rapidly since the move to the waterside campus, which is a real shame as that should have been an opportunity to kick on, not regress.

When the Uni became our sponsor a few years back I was really pleased as it's a tie in between two local institutions that I had a connection to. Now, I'm not sure I really want the Uni's name associated with my football club.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
mattyzoltz92

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2019, 18:29:38 pm »

Hi BackOfTheNet,

Thank you for completing the survey.

The institution has received some negative PR recently, from the very select few students who bring antisocial behavior on campus and now the local community. UON is working hard to tackle these issues, employing police officers to keep the community as well as campus a safe place.

Meanwhile the academics are making impressive efforts to connect with students in class as well as outside of class. UON are also adopting a new teaching style, in line with their super supportive ethos in which i hope in the years to come will improve their rank score.

Your comments are really true when speaking to others, and i hope quote you if that is okay?

Thanks

Matt
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2019, 19:27:17 pm »

Hi BackOfTheNet,

Thank you for completing the survey.

The institution has received some negative PR recently, from the very select few students who bring antisocial behavior on campus and now the local community. UON is working hard to tackle these issues, employing police officers to keep the community as well as campus a safe place.

Meanwhile the academics are making impressive efforts to connect with students in class as well as outside of class. UON are also adopting a new teaching style, in line with their super supportive ethos in which i hope in the years to come will improve their rank score.

Your comments are really true when speaking to others, and i hope quote you if that is okay?

Thanks

Matt

Hopefully they will turn things around, both for the good of the town (and having a decent uni can be VERY good for a town) and also from a selfish perspective as it's not somewhere I'm particularly proud to say I'm a graduate of at the moment.

I'd also add I'm not just going by media scare stories - I've got friends who live nearby the new campus and they've experienced lots of problems with inconsiderate car parking, vandalism, their address being used as a delivery address by multiple people who then turn up demanding their goods and by aggressive, threatening behaviour. It's fair to say their lives have been made a misery and they aren't isolated incidents perpetrated by a few individuals; it's lots of students on a regular basis doing this. Of course, "lots" doesn't equate to "all" or even "most", and it's a real shame for the students who just want to get on and study in peace but, to paraphrase a football expression, you're only as good as your last game, or more precisely, the student body is only perceived by the wider community to be as good as it's most unpleasant members.

Anyway, yes, feel free to quote me and good luck with the rest of your masters!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
mattyzoltz92

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2019, 18:10:59 pm »

Can you spare five minutes? (might be less than that), i would really appreciate if you could complete my survey.

BIG BIG THANK YOU if you already participated in the survey...
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2019, 18:38:34 pm »

Mate, I looked at it, and asking me if I am likely to buy a car, or if I am gender/variant non conforming, in no way contributes to my view on our shirt sponsors. Ask some realistic questions, and you may get a better response.
This is a football forum.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
mattyzoltz92

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2019, 13:00:59 pm »

Hello Tabasco Kid,

I am sorry you feel the questions are unrealistic. As i am studying marketing, we profile consumers to form segments (hence i have the basic demographic questions).  The questions that contributes to fans views on sponsorship are on the second page.

I really appreciate everyone who has participated so far (the ntown forum community is amazing).

I do still need a more responses in order to gain a statistica significance in my study.

Thanks again

Matt
Report Spam   Logged
guest2677

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 13:42:44 pm »

(the ntown forum community is amazing).

Grin Grin
Why you find our forum community amazing? (This question does not form part of an educational survey, I'm simply curious).
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: