The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:42:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

January Transfer Window 2020

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: January Transfer Window 2020  (Read 47835 times)
observer1

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #380 on: January 27, 2020, 15:53:22 pm »

The boss himself admitted that more incomings are possible, not necessarily likely, in this clip

Not disappointed myself. He likes a project obviously does Curle. And Olayinka could be a real talent in the making.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #381 on: January 27, 2020, 16:19:08 pm »

Very happy with the 3 latest signings, MM has experience and pace who will make us stronger for sure. The 2 younger lads will have energy and hopefully the quality to push us into an automatic spot.
Much better than a Sordell type of player in my eyes.

Well done NTFC.

I agree and am pleased that we have not splashed any big money on over priced fwds.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #382 on: January 27, 2020, 16:24:48 pm »

What a load of old sh1t, no better than what we have, why oh why do we need a perm kid and one from the championship U21s, utterly pointless, give our own kids a run, Pollock looks the part.
I’ll reserve judgement on Mark Marshall as he used to be quality 5 years ago.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3264

« Reply #383 on: January 27, 2020, 16:39:47 pm »

What a load of old sh1t, no better than what we have, why oh why do we need a perm kid and one from the championship U21s, utterly pointless, give our own kids a run, Pollock looks the part.
Why give an opinion on the two youngsters when you obviously have not seen them play.......stunning!
Report Spam   Logged
ClarenceInDefence

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Combination
« Reply #384 on: January 27, 2020, 16:41:13 pm »

I'm told that Callum Morton is rated pretty highly at WBA but a long-term injury has halted his progress. They've got an excellent academy so he must have something about him to have been picked up by them.

WBA supporter's quote on Morton: 'Very highly rated, tore us to shreds in the Youth Cup which is why we signed him. Decent at finding space, very good finishing ability. A bit lightweight. He's coming off the back of a big injury layoff though.'

I'd wager that Olayinka will be a good signing, just on his coming in from Arsenal.

Let's see how they do.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 16:59:24 pm by ClarenceInDefence » Report Spam   Logged
Its_nice_to_michu

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #385 on: January 27, 2020, 16:51:12 pm »

Pollock isn’t good enough currently and needs  a loan move to get more game time same as Warburton.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #386 on: January 27, 2020, 17:07:44 pm »

Will they be able to play against their parent clubs in the fifth round?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
southofthecounty

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #387 on: January 27, 2020, 17:15:24 pm »

I'd wager that Olayinka will be a good signing, just on his coming in from Arsenal

(COUGH) Paul Rogers (COUGH)
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #388 on: January 27, 2020, 17:18:26 pm »

I'd wager that Olayinka will be a good signing, just on his coming in from Arsenal.

Like Paul Rodgers, He was class   Grin Grin. I am joking, lets see how they get on.

Morton looks the more promising of the two, but both look to be able to get about the pitch. Which we need for our current style of play and have been screaming out for form the bench late in games. 
Report Spam   Logged

Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #389 on: January 27, 2020, 17:21:11 pm »

(COUGH) Paul Rogers (COUGH)

Beat me to it Cheesy Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: January 27, 2020, 17:23:32 pm »

Any legs in the Cornell rumours ntfclad?
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #391 on: January 27, 2020, 17:32:12 pm »

Pollock isn’t good enough currently and needs  a loan move to get more game time same as Warburton.

Pollock was brilliant for us towards the back end of last seaso, yet this season hasn't been given a chance. He has only started 3 league games all year, all games that we won, 2-0 at Carlisle, 2-0 at home to Cambridge (in both games he played 90 minutes) and the 1-0 win against Stevenage when he was strangely subbed at half-time.

Generally I agree with Manwork, I think these last 2 loanees will only stunt the development of our own young players. However the signing of Marshall I think will be a good one.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #392 on: January 27, 2020, 17:54:26 pm »

Manwork seems to change his mind when the wind changes. Other than Pollock which of our other youth team are you saying we should play instead of 2 players who have played in the under 21s in the EFL Trophy.
On Friday apart from Pollock we had Morgan Roberts and Ethan Johnston on the bench, the latter has not played 1 minute of senior football.I can't be bothered to search old posts but about a week ago you named certain players, Roberts being one, and said they were not good enough otherwise they would be in the team and that was why he was on loan at Banbury because that was his level at the moment. Which others should be playing?
Still I suppose if you argue the topic from both sides you are sure to be right.
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #393 on: January 27, 2020, 17:57:10 pm »

Any legs in the Cornell rumours ntfclad?

Feeling is that this has the whiff of agents behind it. These links seem to appear semi regularly, and Cornell is out of contract at the end of the season
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #394 on: January 27, 2020, 18:03:58 pm »

Don't know what to make of these signings to be honest, i'm more inclined to agree with Manwork as to the merits.

Curle has said we aren't just going to get people in to make up the numbers, so you'd think these youth players will be straight into the squad at least, if not into the first team. I don't think they are the players who will change the team though. We've not really addressed the lack of a quality striker IMO.

Also, if these players are coming in on the basis which I outlined above then they are knocking our own players such as Pollock and Roberts out of the equation. Yes, people say they "are not good enough"..... but how do we know these players will be good enough? A bit of a kick in the teeth for our own youngsters, especially seeing as Curle madea big thing about them breaking through/playing 100 games etc.

Finally, and this may be controversial, but I think these signings (or those of a similar calibre) may have been made regardless of the Cup run money. There hasn't been much of a statement of intent with these signings, not in the  way that if we'd gone and paid £250k and signed a forward on a two year deal paying him 3k a week would have been.
Wilder went for a couple of loan strikers when we were top of the league....James Collins and John Marquis. I don't think anyone can say that the two we have brought in today are comparable.

Again though, no guarantees that any player will pedigree will come here and perform, similarly no guarantee that a player with no pedigree won't perform! We will find out in the next few months I guess. Still a few days of the window left too...... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #395 on: January 27, 2020, 19:31:33 pm »

His Arsenal team mates are taking Bournemouth apart tonight...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest2995

« Reply #396 on: January 27, 2020, 21:20:24 pm »

Derby fans reckon Cornell is joining them
Report Spam   Logged
memyhead

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 27, 2020, 21:24:00 pm »

Cornell agent doing his utmost to get him a transfer...

Derby, Ipswich & Blackburn all interested apparently...

Sure the same rumours were doing the rounds during the August window. Hs agent must be desperate for a cut of any transfer fee as he's out of contract in the Summer
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #398 on: January 27, 2020, 21:25:44 pm »

I'm told that Callum Morton is rated pretty highly at WBA but a long-term injury has halted his progress. They've got an excellent academy so he must have something about him to have been picked up by them.

WBA supporter's quote on Morton: 'Very highly rated, tore us to shreds in the Youth Cup which is why we signed him. Decent at finding space, very good finishing ability. A bit lightweight. He's coming off the back of a big injury layoff though.'

Let's see how they do.
Means nothing .
It’s about a player’s ability to adapt to men’s football and deal with the need to win as opposed to stroking the ball about .
I would rather get permanent players in but let’s see how they get on .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #399 on: January 27, 2020, 21:28:10 pm »

Derby fans reckon Cornell is joining them

Cost them|
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up