The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:43:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Coronavirus COVID 19?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coronavirus COVID 19?  (Read 23157 times)
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2021, 11:32:39 am »

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1467641/where-double-jab-needed-list-premier-league-mandatory-covid-vaccine-passport-evg
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2021, 14:22:00 pm »

Well at least we don't fall into the events with more than 20,000 people catagory. It is going to make getting into a listed event a very slow process.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #182 on: August 04, 2021, 14:10:20 pm »

With the drop in cases and ever increasing vaccination rate it does feel like life is getting back to 'normal' a bit. After the mask compliance initially staying high, I've noticed a growing number of people choosing not to wear them. Guessing a vast number have uninstalled track and trace and trying to get on with life. The economy certainly needs it and I'm sure the end of furlough will signal another wave of unemployment, although there is no shortage of work out there.
They'll undoubtedly be ongoing doom mongering, new variant talk etc, but I'm enjoying some normality. Some time in the future the reporting will become less intense, unless we are going to have a daily league table of total deaths by cause!
It was great to attend an outdoor comedy event in St Albans at the weekend with a couple of thousand people and no restrictions.
Think I'll wait until 2022 for the next trip abroad.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2021, 22:38:54 pm »

Throughout history the human race has endured countless pandemics and over come the lot, almost all of them without a vaccine. I think we should remember that when looking for positives.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest49

« Reply #184 on: December 12, 2021, 19:55:36 pm »

Is anyone seriously still listening to the lying, hypocritical, buffoon anymore?
They are clearly making it up as they go along, without heeding their own advice. Clueless.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #185 on: December 13, 2021, 11:19:14 am »

Is anyone seriously still listening to the lying, hypocritical, buffoon anymore?
They are clearly making it up as they go along, without heeding their own advice. Clueless.

Unfortunately they are and they'll still vote for him or one of his cronies.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #186 on: December 15, 2021, 17:23:35 pm »

The general consensus around me (work environment) is that we need to knuckle down and crack on. I’m still wary of the virus but totally agree. It’s here to stay and the stop/start and economic damage is catastrophic. That’s without the impact of missed GP appointments and negative impact on the treatment of other illnesses.
Out of 40 people at work we genuinely haven’t had a single case since the start, which probably drives the mindset somewhat (we’ve been careful but very lucky) but I’m hearing more and more about covid fatigue. I’m sure they’ll be new variants, fresh boosters and the cycle will continue for now.
You get jabbed, most will be OK, some will be very ill, some will sadly still pass away. You don’t get jabbed and the risk increases but it needs to be a personal choice as we don’t hear much about it restricting transmission. Maybe ban cigarettes and face obesity head on. Meanwhile parliament lose credibility by the day as each breach unravels.
The shelves are half full/empty and you pretty much have the selection of your employment of choice.

It’s time to support businesses local and national, keeping a more pragmatic approach, which I guess they are trying to. Any Christmas restrictions will be pretty fruitless IMO.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2021, 20:07:25 pm »

Looking forward to them bringing in another variant of 'the rule of six'' for me to ignore
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest49

« Reply #188 on: December 16, 2021, 14:22:54 pm »

Looking forward to them bringing in another variant of 'the rule of six'' for me to ignore

I think they realise that's a little futile this time around. Boosting their way through it, whilst the virus itself seems pretty unstoppable. It's definitely time now for those who have escaped it so far to have their dose and get some proper antibodies. Boosting and herd immunity is really the only option. The extremely vulnerable will naturally shut themselves away more and those people need the relevant support.
Regardless of how devastating these covid related deaths are, the direct links to preventable underlying conditions needs to be focused on. The same demographic of people were ultimately dying prematurely through other causes but of course there will be an exception of minority cases.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #189 on: December 16, 2021, 14:35:57 pm »

Last year the PM and the Government were slammed by the media for ‘cancelling Christmas’

This year they do things differently and say to the public ‘act sensibly’ and decide for yourself, and now they get slammed by Doomsberg and the pest Peston for not putting more restrictive measures in place.

The opportunist Starmer savages Johnson calling him weak and of displaying no leadership, then votes the measures proposed by the PM/Government through the Commons, so then he can say ‘you only won it with our support’

Aren’t we all getting a bit tired of all the shenanigans now?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest49

« Reply #190 on: December 16, 2021, 15:20:46 pm »

Last year the PM and the Government were slammed by the media for ‘cancelling Christmas’

This year they do things differently and say to the public ‘act sensibly’ and decide for yourself, and now they get slammed by Doomsberg and the pest Peston for not putting more restrictive measures in place.

The opportunist Starmer savages Johnson calling him weak and of displaying no leadership, then votes the measures proposed by the PM/Government through the Commons, so then he can say ‘you only won it with our support’

Bojo and his cronies lost any credibility once the first few tens of thousands died, followed by Cummings, Hancock and the No.10 Christmas rave series. It is chilling just how ineffective the labour party are that they aren't streets ahead in any poll.
The way they are handling it now is about the most sensible approach they have taken so far, which is probably famous last words as they launch some hairbrained scheme in the new year.
People can take their own risks and the vast majority are not going to end up in hospital and/or die. There is no way to stop the virus behaviourally by playing the hokey cokey or else it would have happened by now.

The rule of 20:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-lockdown-party-downing-street-b1977367.html

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #191 on: December 16, 2021, 15:50:00 pm »

Yes... Wink
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3063

« Reply #192 on: December 16, 2021, 16:08:59 pm »

Don't you just love the British media and politics in general.  Good points GPC and all correct. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #193 on: December 16, 2021, 18:06:47 pm »

Crack on…Omicron is nowhere near as bad as the classic man-flu. FACT*

https://news.sky.com/story/amp/covid-19-most-cases-now-like-severe-cold-and-omicron-appears-to-produce-fairly-mild-illness-expert-says-12497094

*not an actual fact.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #194 on: December 18, 2021, 13:43:15 pm »

Lockdown coming, we’re all DOOMED.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #195 on: December 30, 2021, 10:01:48 am »

Good post GPC . 
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Peter Frost

View Profile
1000 Posts Second year Anniversary Avatar
« Reply #196 on: December 30, 2021, 17:46:00 pm »

Whilst I don’t agree with the decision I defend the right to not be vaccinated providing individuals respect restrictions that may apply to them however the individuals who intimidated staff and trashed equipment at a Milton Keynes vaccination centre are beyond contempt.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #197 on: December 30, 2021, 19:23:31 pm »

Whilst I don’t agree with the decision I defend the right to not be vaccinated providing individuals respect restrictions that may apply to them however the individuals who intimidated staff and trashed equipment at a Milton Keynes vaccination centre are beyond contempt.
Probably looking for somewhere to sleep for the night.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #198 on: December 30, 2021, 20:42:51 pm »

Bojo and his cronies lost any credibility once the first few tens of thousands died, followed by Cummings, Hancock and the No.10 Christmas rave series. It is chilling just how ineffective the labour party are that they aren't streets ahead in any poll.
The way they are handling it now is about the most sensible approach they have taken so far, which is probably famous last words as they launch some hairbrained scheme in the new year.
People can take their own risks and the vast majority are not going to end up in hospital and/or die. There is no way to stop the virus behaviourally by playing the hokey cokey or else it would have happened by now.

The rule of 20:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-lockdown-party-downing-street-b1977367.html

Now I’m not a fan of BoJo but I think he’s done ok with recent COVID stuff. It’s the morons he surrounds himself with - Hancock, DC, Lady Dido, Raab, Simon Case, Moggy etc that have let him down.
While I’m at it, he should get praise for the Furlough programme and at least making some sort of effort on climate change.
I think he is a better PM than Cameron as well. Who must win the award for doing more to fcuk us all than BJ and COVID put together!
Happy with that Manny??
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Bingers

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day 5000 Posts Avatar
« Reply #199 on: December 31, 2021, 13:05:49 pm »

Now I’m not a fan of BoJo but I think he’s done ok with recent COVID stuff. It’s the morons he surrounds himself with - Hancock, DC, Lady Dido, Raab, Simon Case, Moggy etc that have let him down.
While I’m at it, he should get praise for the Furlough programme and at least making some sort of effort on climate change.
I think he is a better PM than Cameron as well. Who must win the award for doing more to fcuk us all than BJ and COVID put together!
Happy with that Manny??

Nurse, nurse, quick, take his temperature, I think he is going with something. He seems to be having hallucinations. That's Jim, but not as we know him.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2015
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: