The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:19:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 208765 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1220 on: August 19, 2020, 15:17:49 pm »

Jonah Shoemaker and Jonah Manwork must be the same Posh supporter because of their relentless negative sniping of NTFC.

THEY ARE DEFINATELY NOT COBBLERS SUPPORTERS!!!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3063

« Reply #1221 on: August 19, 2020, 15:19:29 pm »

Ah, I thought they all signed together at the same time as first years. Is Caleb just on the official site because he's made the bench then?

Anyway, it is categorically not Kwame Thomas, James Heneghan who was at the game confirmed it wasn't him.

We will sign some first-time names with money, maybe one or two will be players people know and rate, and we'll also have some nobody signings and maybe pick one or two promising trialists on short-term deals as well. They won't all by players we spend money on, and they won't all be trialists either, people maybe need some perspective that the reality is going to be somewhere in between the extremes here.

Yes, he did make the bench and was given a squad number.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1222 on: August 19, 2020, 15:30:22 pm »

KC keeps going on about value for money

He’s got it so far as unsurprisingly he’s spent fcuk all  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #1223 on: August 19, 2020, 15:31:55 pm »

Signing on fees, wages??
Report Spam   Logged
Noshes Shakily

View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: August 19, 2020, 15:35:38 pm »

We paid nothing for Ricky Holmes. How did that one turn out?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #1225 on: August 19, 2020, 15:44:00 pm »

Judgement day will be when the transfer window closes. Patience young Jedi?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: August 19, 2020, 15:44:41 pm »

Signing on fees, wages??
I’m taking it for granted that all pro footballers get wages  Roll Eyes
Granted we are breaking the mould by going down the peanuts+ route which I’m sure come the first proper match in a couple of weeks time will have resulted in us missing out on our top targets (KC has already admitted this) and instead cobbling together some peanuts+ players who no one else wants but who don’t fancy shifts at Tesco...,

Sorry to be so negative but it’s always the same

Get promoted
Dismantle team
Fail to sign decent loan players on permanent deals (Collins, Marquis....Wharton , Morton ) only to see others pay what’s due and reap the benefits...
Get in players who are not up to league one standard
Get relegated

Repeat.

I’m sure many will moan at this negative outlook of mine but let’s just admit it there is more than a touch of reality too it rather than blind mushroom like faith...

We’ve got promoted
Hooray !!

Now let’s see what happens
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #1227 on: August 19, 2020, 15:46:32 pm »

Tbh Shoemaker it's just become noise from you.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #1228 on: August 19, 2020, 15:50:18 pm »

I think the biggest difference with the loan signings is at least we are trying to get Morton and Wharton back, unlike last time.
I think changes had to be made as the squad last year wouldnt have been good enough but the decision to get rid of Turnull, knowing Goode was likely to leave and they must have know Wharton wanted to try getting in to Blackburns team, was a mistake.
I agree with the peanuts+ model. If you have the chance to definitely earn a salary, or possibly earn a bit more but subject to lots of terms which would you take? Especially knowing injuries, suspensions, being dropped are all part of football.
Salary is a salary that pays the bills, a bonus is just that.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: August 19, 2020, 15:57:10 pm »

I think the biggest difference with the loan signings is at least we are trying to get Morton and Wharton back, unlike last time.
I think changes had to be made as the squad last year wouldnt have been good enough but the decision to get rid of Turnull, knowing Goode was likely to leave and they must have know Wharton wanted to try getting in to Blackburns team, was a mistake.
I agree with the peanuts+ model. If you have the chance to definitely earn a salary, or possibly earn a bit more but subject to lots of terms which would you take? Especially knowing injuries, suspensions, being dropped are all part of football.
Salary is a salary that pays the bills, a bonus is just that.
My point is last time teams signed Collins and marquis
Collins helped get Luton promoted
Marquis joined donny and was sold on for £2 million.
We bid for neither....

We won’t be signing Wharton or Morton permanently other clubs will sign them and reap the benefits.

Quote KC today
‘We won’t be entering bidding wars’

As a club we learn nothing

Tell me why we won’t be in league two again within our usual two year league one flirtation?
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1230 on: August 19, 2020, 16:26:51 pm »

I mean, we probably wont avoid relegation, as based on the size of the club we're a League One/Two yo-yo club. If we recruit well, we may flirt with the Championship and may even get there if we're lucky, but we may equally go straight back down if we recruit badly. We wont do either however by spending silly money and ending up doing a Bury.

We have already previously tried to use a little bit of money to get Sowerby in, I wouldn't be surprised if we sign one or two for a token transfer much like we paid for Goode in the first place. We just wont be competing with Sunderland or Ipswich in fees
Report Spam   Logged
DAZ21

View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: August 19, 2020, 16:41:33 pm »

Let's be honest, if the season were to start this Saturday, we'd be up a certain creek without a paddle. At the very minimum we need a certified striker and a CB, that might see us finish 20th.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1232 on: August 19, 2020, 16:50:56 pm »

At least there’s some symmetry - we got both our lone striker and lone centre back from Macclesfield!
Report Spam   Logged
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #1233 on: August 19, 2020, 17:05:25 pm »

My point is last time teams signed Collins and marquis
Collins helped get Luton promoted
Marquis joined donny and was sold on for £2 million.
We bid for neither....

We won’t be signing Wharton or Morton permanently other clubs will sign them and reap the benefits.

Quote KC today
‘We won’t be entering bidding wars’

As a club we learn nothing

We did not rate either. We could have signed both but chose not to.

Tell me why we won’t be in league two again within our usual two year league one flirtation?

Report Spam   Logged
ItsaSetPieceDivision

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #1234 on: August 19, 2020, 17:14:04 pm »

Those advocating a spend, spend, spend policy seem to be forgetting that we don't know when supporters will be allowed back into stadia. Gate money being the major revenue for the lower leagues.
Prudence could therefore be vital to survival. It wouldn't surprise me if 4-5 clubs bite the dust this season.

Also the last time we threw big cash at the team we ended up with a load of overpaid Billy Big Bollox upsetting dressing room harmony.

We probably have a lot of irons in the fire and many might have depended on the Goode situation being resolved.
Now it has hopefully things will start moving.....
Report Spam   Logged
Brixworth Claret

View Profile
Search 10 Posts Level 3
« Reply #1235 on: August 19, 2020, 17:18:47 pm »

No sign of Adams on the roster in the report on the chron from the inter club friendly today.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1236 on: August 19, 2020, 17:23:02 pm »

No sign of Adams on the roster in the report on the chron from the inter club friendly today.

Probably being eased back in after his hamstring issue - either that or he’s signed for Salford!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #1237 on: August 19, 2020, 17:28:57 pm »

Who has been paying the players wages?-KT

Who has been paying the staffs wages?-KT

Who has been paying the taxes and other expenses?-KT

With no supporters income, what have you contributed Shoemaker?-F*ck all.....stunning!
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: August 19, 2020, 18:15:08 pm »

Who has been paying the players wages?-KT

Who has been paying the staffs wages?-KT

Who has been paying the taxes and other expenses?-KT

With no supporters income, what have you contributed Shoemaker?-F*ck all.....stunning!

That's a bit of a silly comment. Why would Shoey be expected to pay for those things? He didn't opt to buy the football club, did he?
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1239 on: August 19, 2020, 18:44:39 pm »

Those advocating a spend, Shoey advocating...spend, spend policy seem to be forgetting that we don't know when supporters will be allowed back into stadia. Gate money being the major revenue for the lower leagues.
Prudence could therefore be vital to survival. It wouldn't surprise me if 4-5 clubs bite the dust this season.

Also the last time we threw big cash at the team we ended up with a load of overpaid Billy Big Bollox upsetting dressing room harmony.

We probably have a lot of irons in the fire and many might have depended on the Goode situation being resolved.
Now it has hopefully things will start moving.....
Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: