The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 07:07:42 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 208683 times)
guest3086

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #1880 on: September 01, 2020, 18:59:17 pm »

Betting sites have Lincoln to finish 11th-12th and us to finish 22nd. Who would you rather play for?

Cobblers.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1881 on: September 01, 2020, 19:08:39 pm »

Not necessarily "who you know" is it? Morton is signing a new contract, presumably he'll be getting a wage increase, and maybe Lincoln have offered to pay more of his wages than we have.

Appleton was in charge of Lincoln when we brought Morton to NTFC. He wasn't interested then as Morton was an unknown,

Seems all we have done is raised his (Morton's) stock and now will pay the price as one of our "equals" in the Division will have use of his services as opposed to us having them.

If it was purely about "who you know" does that mean we can look forward to a load of loan players joining us from Manchester City? After all, Curle played there...... Grin

GPC, you say all we've done is raise his stock, but what did the lad do for us? I think you'll find his goals helped us get promoted and without him we wouldn't be looking forward to league one football this season. If he thinks Lincoln are a better option, fair enough. But time will tell if he/WBA have made the correct decision.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #1882 on: September 01, 2020, 19:11:00 pm »

If you think Morton would be going to Lincoln if Appleton wasn't there then you are an idiot.

So are you suggesting that West Brom have placed Morton there and he had no say in the matter? Or are you saying that Morton and Appleton built up such a good relationship during the SEVEN WEEKS that Appleton was in charge of West Broms U23 side that this was too good a move for him to refuse?

Five months with Northampton, scoring goals, playing at Wembley, and he's had his head turned by Appleton over Curle? Or are you saying that West Brom think he'll develop better under Appleton at Lincoln than he would at Northampton under Curle?

I'm a bit confused!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1883 on: September 01, 2020, 19:12:32 pm »

GPC, you say all we've done is raise his stock, but what did the lad do for us? I think you'll find his goals helped us get promoted and without him we wouldn't be looking forward to league one football this season. If he thinks Lincoln are a better option, fair enough. But time will tell if he/WBA have made the correct decision.

This has to go down as one of the worst transfer windows I can remember, with 3 days until the start of the season.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 01, 2020, 19:13:53 pm »

This is true.....West Brom got something out of it.....a better player. Morton got something out of it....a new contract. We got something out of it....half a season and the goals which led us to promotion. And now Lincoln get something out of it because their Manager left West Brom to take up the job at Lincoln!

Everyone's a winner!!
Report Spam   Logged

EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #1885 on: September 01, 2020, 19:16:14 pm »

This has to go down as one of the worst transfer windows I can remember, with 3 days until the start of the season.

Err! short memory January 2018 with JFH takes some beating!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #1886 on: September 01, 2020, 19:20:36 pm »

Well the start of the league season is still more than a week away, and the transfer window doesn't close for more than a month.
Report Spam   Logged
DAZ21

View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 01, 2020, 19:30:06 pm »

If Morton has signed for Lincoln, I would love for us to finish higher than them, just to get one over Appleton again.

Korboa didn't look out of his depth in the friendlies so hopefully KC has found a little gem. Hopefully he can bag a few goals for us and would be great if he outscores Morton.

Bookies might have us as relegation favourites, but I think on our defence recruitment alone we should finish around 15th/16th. If we do manage to find a goalscorer we could do considerably better.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1888 on: September 01, 2020, 19:35:44 pm »

Lincoln fan seems to think Morton had been sorted from late July. I hope this is the case and that we havent just ended up caught unaware again like Oliver.

Good chance now that the only players left from the playoff win a few months ago are Harriman and Watson available for the cup game. We have been picked apart a bit.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #1889 on: September 01, 2020, 20:20:37 pm »

So are you suggesting that West Brom have placed Morton there and he had no say in the matter? Or are you saying that Morton and Appleton built up such a good relationship during the SEVEN WEEKS that Appleton was in charge of West Broms U23 side that this was too good a move for him to refuse?

Five months with Northampton, scoring goals, playing at Wembley, and he's had his head turned by Appleton over Curle? Or are you saying that West Brom think he'll develop better under Appleton at Lincoln than he would at Northampton under Curle?

I'm a bit confused!  Grin

Not hard to confuse you to be fair, is it.

I'm saying Appleton has a great relationship with the powers that be at WBA, hence they do him a favour.

To think Morton had a say in things is quite frankly ridiculous. Players his age have zero say where they go on loan.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #1890 on: September 01, 2020, 20:30:55 pm »

Lincoln fan seems to think Morton had been sorted from late July. I hope this is the case and that we havent just ended up caught unaware again like Oliver.

Good chance now that the only players left from the playoff win a few months ago are Harriman and Watson available for the cup game. We have been picked apart a bit.
Hardly - Goalie still here, Hoskins, Adams , Smith and Marshall. 8 of the side have gone - not good is it.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 20:45:15 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: September 01, 2020, 20:43:21 pm »

Hardly - Goalie still here, Hoskins, Adams and Marshall. 6 of the side have gone - not good is it.
And a lot of those leaving was totally avoidable, Oliver, Turnbull and McCormack would have all stayed giving us much more stability.
We currently must have the lowest budget in L1 and probably bottom half L2.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: September 01, 2020, 20:47:04 pm »

He did say "available" so that rules out Adams for sure and probably Hoskins too. Arnold will more than likely be on the bench...but i'll give you Marshall!  Wink

We had 20 in the matchday squad for the final just over two months ago.....

10 are still here (Arnold, Harriman, Watson, Hoskins, Adams, Marshall, Smith, Martin, Lines, Warburton)
10 are gone (Goode, Turnbull, Wharton, Anderson, McCormack, Olayinka, Morton, Williams, Oliver, Cornell)
Report Spam   Logged

Gazman

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Starter
« Reply #1893 on: September 01, 2020, 20:48:53 pm »

And a lot of those leaving was totally avoidable, Oliver, Turnbull and McCormack would have all stayed giving us much more stability.
We currently must have the lowest budget in L1 and probably bottom half L2.

May i ask a question?
Why do you follow the Cobblers
Its a genuine question because i can't remember reading a positive post from you
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #1894 on: September 01, 2020, 20:52:24 pm »

All you did was moan about Morton and Oliver when we signed them.
We have signed 3 very highly regarded defenders from their respective clubs.
A striker who granted is out of form but has played and scored at championship level.
Are all your negative comments just so if things don't go right you can jump on your keyboard and gloat? Its Northampton Town we are what we are, not going to change anytime soon.

Just give it a break or go a support Man City or Real Madrid.

Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #1895 on: September 01, 2020, 20:53:35 pm »

May i ask a question?
Why do you follow the Cobblers
Its a genuine question because i can't remember reading a positive post from you

Exactly that!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Rach

View Profile
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1896 on: September 01, 2020, 20:55:22 pm »

Unproven at this level. Who’s to say he will have a good season? Gutted he hasn’t chosen us, feel that Lincoln are a similar level club to us but with a tit of a manager.
Another reason to finish above them now  Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: September 01, 2020, 21:00:26 pm »

Err! short memory January 2018 with JFH takes some beating!
How is that worse? We had a terrible manager in JFH! the players we signed gave us a chance of staying up.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: September 01, 2020, 21:15:22 pm »

All you did was moan about Morton and Oliver when we signed them.
We have signed 3 very highly regarded defenders from their respective clubs.
A striker who granted is out of form but has played and scored at championship level.
Are all your negative comments just so if things don't go right you can jump on your keyboard and gloat? Its Northampton Town we are what we are, not going to change anytime soon.

Just give it a break or go a support Man City or Real Madrid.

We’re sh1t and we’ll always be sh1t the yoof of today beaten before they start, waiting for a handout from the state.
I’ll post what I like pal, if you don’t like it don’t read it.

Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Air-Dan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1899 on: September 01, 2020, 21:18:34 pm »

We’re sh1t and we’ll always be sh1t the yoof of today beaten before they start, waiting for a handout from the state.
I’ll post what I like pal, if you don’t like it don’t read it.

Lmao what are you on about you miserable buggar?

No idea what NTFC has to do with the "yoof of today" or wanting a "handout from the state".

People are just rightly perplexed by you being so miserable when a ball hasn't been kicked this season and we were promoted last year. Give the lads a chance jeez
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: