The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 08:46:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2020 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 145   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2020 Transfer Window  (Read 209682 times)
Shoemaker

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #2020 on: September 04, 2020, 19:13:55 pm »

Not sure if it is Shoemakers aim but he is ruining this forum.
I’m just joining the positive brigade
People moaned I was too negative and now say I’m ruining the forum because I’m showing positivity.

Il have a bet with anyone that come the first league game we will have a much stronger team*

*Obviously no one will take the bet because there is no one negative on here now I’ve joined the positive brigade.

It’s good to take the positives
For example we can all watch the game tomorrow for just a tenner each and that’s great value.
No queueing for the toilet
No queuing for expensive food

It’s the future and it’ll seem really good on a freezing Tuesday night in February.

You can watch a match in the warm and order a takeaway for less than the normal entrance fee (unless you are a ST holder who may be able to attend anyway )
I hope so as it will give more atmosphere when I watch the games.

Stay positive everyone
Bright times are just around the corner.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #2021 on: September 04, 2020, 19:15:48 pm »

Not sure if it is Shoemakers aim but he is ruining this forum.

Bit late for that.......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: September 04, 2020, 19:20:30 pm »

Bit late for that.......

What on Earth is wrong with not worrying about the club and being positive for a change??
I moan
I’m in the wrong

I get behind the team I’m wrong

I’m beginning to feel totally victimised by other posters on here whenever I comment and it’s supposed to be a football forum for all points of view

I’m not being unkind to my fellow fans but if people carry on victimising my every post I will take a leaf out off lee o nell messi’s book and tell me dad.

Come on cobblers you are the best.
Report Spam   Logged
Hallsy02

View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: September 04, 2020, 19:27:16 pm »

This is getting rather silly now in my opinion, we are currently looking like we are fielding a worse team than last season, which despite doing spectacularly well in the playoffs, probably wouldn’t have been there at all had the season been finished in its normal manner. I respect housekeeping but taking punts on a chap that in his career has done 1 rainbow flick and jo nutgoodatall will not keep us in this division
Report Spam   Logged
observer1

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2024 on: September 04, 2020, 19:31:50 pm »

It's reasonable to feel deflated. We are seeing good players who have enjoyed a promotion with us choose other clubs in this division over us. If that didn't hurt there would be something wrong with you as an NTFC supporter.

I wouldn't mind so much if we'd had a productive week in terms of recruitment but instead it's been absolutely dead.

Next week is a big week in Curle's premiership. If he doesn't get the quality we desperately need in, it'll take a miracle to keep us up.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
Level 5 Fifth year Anniversary 2500 Posts
« Reply #2025 on: September 04, 2020, 19:34:22 pm »

Unfortunately we have missed out on signing Mr Messi as he is staying at Barcelona. The good news is we still have Mr Silly but he seems to be suffering from posting diarrhea at the moment. Sometimes if you have nothing worthwhile to say it is just best to say nothing rather than constant negativity or fake positivity.
Morton - hope Lincoln realise that he never scores at home.
Another one we have missed  out on signing is Kevin Ellison who joins Newport County sure he must have been on our radar as an up and coming player we could have developed for the future.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2026 on: September 04, 2020, 19:36:21 pm »

It's reasonable to feel deflated. We are seeing good players who have enjoyed a promotion with us choose other clubs in this division over us. If that didn't hurt there would be something wrong with you as an NTFC supporter.

I wouldn't mind so much if we'd had a productive week in terms of recruitment but instead it's been absolutely dead.

Next week is a big week in Curle's premiership. If he doesn't get the quality we desperately need in, it'll take a miracle to keep us up.
With this current squad there’s not a hope in hell we’d stay up.
I’ll keep quite until the start of the L1 season but I’m not holding my proverbial breath.
Good housekeeping my arse.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Hallsy02

View Profile
« Reply #2027 on: September 04, 2020, 19:49:19 pm »

Unfortunately we have missed out on signing Mr Messi as he is staying at Barcelona. The good news is we still have Mr Silly but he seems to be suffering from posting diarrhea at the moment. Sometimes if you have nothing worthwhile to say it is just best to say nothing rather than constant negativity or fake positivity.
Morton - hope Lincoln realise that he never scores at home.
Another one we have missed  out on signing is Kevin Ellison who joins Newport County sure he must have been on our radar as an up and coming player we could have developed for the future.

“Develop for the future”

Absolutely class   🎩‘S off
Report Spam   Logged
guest3386

« Reply #2028 on: September 04, 2020, 19:55:06 pm »

Let's get this right Morton didn't choose Lincoln. His club chose Lincoln
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #2029 on: September 04, 2020, 20:04:56 pm »

Let's get this right Morton didn't choose Lincoln. His club chose Lincoln

And you know this how?

If his club did chose Lincoln, then why? Better standard of football? Playing with better players? Playing a different style of football? A favour to Appleton? Lincoln paid more of his wages than we offered?

Surely the player has some say in it? Or can a football club dispatch their 20 year old striker to wherever they see fit and leave said youngster to have to go trough the rigmarole of moving house, sorting out digs, being away from his family etc?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2030 on: September 04, 2020, 20:21:39 pm »

Does it matter, other than to a few insane people who will want to give him abuse for not joining us?

What's happened to getting rid of the surplus and requirements that we had been told they were surplus to requirements. Are just going to keep going with Warburton, Lines and Martin now?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #2031 on: September 04, 2020, 20:34:47 pm »

No sentimental stuff from me - I hope Morton fails spectacularly at Lincoln . He’s a workhorse and a battler . He’s no sublime centre forward . Now badly want to beat Appleton’s Lincoln more than any other club .
At the minute we have a poor squad for this standard and Curle is under pressure to sign players that will make a difference .
Thanks for nothing West Brom and Morton himself .
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #2032 on: September 04, 2020, 20:50:28 pm »

No sentimental stuff from me - I hope Morton fails spectacularly at Lincoln . He’s a workhorse and a battler . He’s no sublime centre forward . Now badly want to beat Appleton’s Lincoln more than any other club .
At the minute we have a poor squad for this standard and Curle is under pressure to sign players that will make a difference .
Thanks for nothing West Brom and Morton himself .
So, didn't WBA loan us a player, directly responsible for getting us promoted?!?!  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #2033 on: September 04, 2020, 21:31:24 pm »

And you know this how?

If his club did chose Lincoln, then why? Better standard of football? Playing with better players? Playing a different style of football? A favour to Appleton? Lincoln paid more of his wages than we offered?

Surely the player has some say in it? Or can a football club dispatch their 20 year old striker to wherever they see fit and leave said youngster to have to go trough the rigmarole of moving house, sorting out digs, being away from his family etc?

He had no say. I dont know why that is such a surprise.

Young players get told where to go. Even older players sometimes have little say.
Report Spam   Logged
Baggend

View Profile
« Reply #2034 on: September 04, 2020, 22:32:54 pm »

He had no say. I dont know why that is such a surprise.

Young players get told where to go. Even older players sometimes have little say.

WB fan here, if you take a look on one of our forums you will see it looks like Morton turned down a loan to Huddersfield in a swap deal involving Grant. So Callum having no say in where he ended up isn’t true. I reckon a few other clubs higher up the chain would have taken him but not be able to guarantee regular minutes, hence why he came to League One and more regular starts.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #2035 on: September 04, 2020, 22:40:03 pm »

Bit late for that.......

I read most of the posts on my phone. Therefore when you get bored of the officer Crabtree voice option 2 is to read the posters name at the top left of the post and then do a swiping motion with your thumb? Having said that given the silly post rule and the repetitive nature of them I reckon Shoey is getting dangerously close to military action?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest2934

« Reply #2036 on: September 05, 2020, 04:00:06 am »

I just wish I could share Shoey's enthusiasm.

Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #2037 on: September 05, 2020, 04:43:45 am »

So, didn't WBA loan us a player, directly responsible for getting us promoted?!?!  Roll Eyes
That was then and this is now . We benefitted and so did they - why not keep it going ?
Losing Morton , Goode , Wharton , Turnbull and McCormack is going to make an enormous difference . I know we couldn’t have kept any of them for different reasons but it’s a big ask to rebuild from scratch .
We also haven’t shifted enough players on yet .
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #2038 on: September 05, 2020, 07:02:32 am »

That was then and this is now . We benefitted and so did they - why not keep it going ?
Losing Morton , Goode , Wharton , Turnbull and McCormack is going to make an enormous difference . I know we couldn’t have kept any of them for different reasons but it’s a big ask to rebuild from scratch .
We also haven’t shifted enough players on yet .

You didn’t mention Oliver who is the biggest loss of them all in my opinion...
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2039 on: September 05, 2020, 07:14:24 am »

Yeah, Oliver wasn't maybe the most talented player who left, but absolutely the most key to how we attack. I'm amazed we haven't gone in for a similar type player to replace.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 145   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: