The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 16:41:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Keith Curle appreciation thread

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keith Curle appreciation thread  (Read 20041 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #200 on: October 28, 2020, 09:24:03 am »

I feel we should give Keith this full season, it's his first time in this league and he needs time to develop his style of playing at this level. I think he will keep us up this season and then next will be a time to push on.
Interesting, serious question mate, what have you seen that makes you think we can stay up?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #201 on: October 28, 2020, 09:31:34 am »

I feel we should give Keith this full season, it's his first time in this league and he needs time to develop his style of playing at this level. I think he will keep us up this season and then next will be a time to push on.

It's not his first time in this league. He managed Notts County in league one about 8 years ago.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #202 on: October 28, 2020, 09:40:40 am »

Interesting, serious question mate, what have you seen that makes you think we can stay up?

I'll try to answer your question. We need to take points off teams who will be middle to lower table, teams like AFC Wimbledon, Shrewsbury & Swindon. We won't get much from the teams in the top ten. That means the next few games will be important to register some points and gain some confidence.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #203 on: October 28, 2020, 10:05:58 am »

Not an awful lot so far, however, at this point last season I hadn't either. I just feel that whenever you hear the players being interviewed or chat from around the team they always seem positive and as though they are working for KC. That goes a long way and to be honest I think this season is just about surviving in league 1 and developing a team for next season. Lets be fair we fluked getting here, the squad is nowhere near as strong as we would like but a team who are all in it together does work. I think Atkins showed us that as did Wilder when they weren't getting paid.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #204 on: October 28, 2020, 11:17:14 am »

Shoemaker- You state 'we desperately need new owners' BUT not  a word on who or how!

New owners have had chance after chance to buy the club. Are you in a very very small queue to buy the club, or are you another person spending other peoples money?

We are reliant on a man from America and a man from Dubai to give us a form of stability in these turbulent times.
Anybody was able to use the land to benefit the club but NOBODY stepped forward apart from KT and DB.

We are not like Bury, Bolton, Macclesfield and Wigan (plus many more to follow).

Obviously I do not agree with all KT's actions or lack of them but I live in the real world with the facts we are dealt with!

I do want a statement of intent and timescale from KT and NBC so fans of NTFC are not left sitting on their hands for much longer..........they deserve that!
May I just take issue with a couple of points.

The club has to be on the market and for a realistic price for it to be seen as a sound investment
KT has said he’s always open to offers but there’s open and OPEN....
Example my house is worth 250,000 and I have several offers but demand 500,000 for it...
Result no sale.....

You say anybody was able to buy the land to benefit the club but only KT and DB did.....
Incorrect....
David and Anthony Cardoza purchased the club and proclaimed that we would have a top notch redeveloped stadium and any profit from land sale/redevelopment would benefit the club....
It didn’t
KT and DB are making exactly the same noises and have so far achieved exactly the same as DC which is absolutely no start on a redeveloped stadium...
Both made promises,both have held endless meetings ,both have given numerous updates , both have given endless excuses , both have failed to deliver a redevelopment.

That is a fact that cannot be disputed.

Regards a statement of intent.

It would be interesting if someone with more time available and nous could find out how many times there have been statements over the DC and KT regimes claiming a redevelopment is close and progress is being made.
It really would be revealing...
Without looking let’s all have a guess and then someone in a weeks time can come up with the answer
Il start the ball rolling with 25......

Now we could soon hear another update but it’s just that... ANOTHER update....
It means nothing just like the previous ones down the years....
Until workmen start putting shovels in the ground then any spin is futile.

You are either redeveloping a stadium or you are not
AC/DC  Shocked didn’t and KT/DB haven’t.

Over the period of a decade nothing has been redeveloped
The saints have built a new stand...
Peterborough have built a new stand
Others such as Brentford have built completely new stadiums.

We have built nothing....
Ten years.

I honestly don’t have any optimism we will ever have a redevelopment and after ten years of the same old mutterings am I alone in this?Huh?

When we have a statement saying the project will start on xxx date il jump aboard the happy clappers ship but until then please let me show a small level of pessimism as regards the great sixfields redevelopment.

TA
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #205 on: October 28, 2020, 11:53:58 am »

Ha Ha this defeat was mostly anticipated by many on here. Having suffered this particularly defeat the doom boys flood in with with ultra negative messages. Can you guys form a consortium buy the club and run it as you seem fit! Makes you wonder how we survived numerous wars with such a pathetic defeatist attitude. 
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3264

« Reply #206 on: October 28, 2020, 12:39:16 pm »

All those words Shoemaker and you have not even addressed my first line-' WHO or HOW!'..................only a history lesson we all know.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #207 on: October 28, 2020, 13:50:15 pm »

I fully expect KC to be here for the remainder of his contract even if we are relegated. Whenever you change manager the new man inherits a squad of players most of which he wants to replace and typically it will take 3 transfer windows to do this.
People are complaining about the centre back signings not being up to those who played last season. However, we do not know if Goode, Turnbull and Wharton would have been any better as none were proven division 1 players. Oliver also cited as being a big miss but this is a player who many did want when he signed and only scored 4 goals in 30 games for us. If he had taken either of the golden opportunities he had in the first 10 minutes against Derby we would not have needed a replay and would have played Man Utd in the next round.
We are only 8 games into a 46 game season and there is plenty of time to turn it around as we did after a poor start last season.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 28, 2020, 14:18:13 pm »

All those words Shoemaker and you have not even addressed my first line-' WHO or HOW!'..................only a history lesson we all know.

Kelvin has stated that there are always enquiries for the club....
That’s kelvins words not mine.
Ask him...
Ask him why he hasn’t sold the club
Ask him if he is valuing the club at an unacceptable price or if the offers were two bob....
He’ll be able to tell you....

You could ask him if one of the enquiries went on to purchase another club and has a much bigger playing budget than us.....

No point asking me
Ask the man who has been quoted on record as saying “there are always enquiries”

So I hope that helps dispel the idea that there are no potential buyers out there.
Only kelvin knows why he is unwilling to sell the club and whether his valuation of the club is realistic or not and thus hampering the chances of a sale.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3264

« Reply #209 on: October 28, 2020, 14:39:03 pm »

Using your analogy would you sell your house for £50K........Yes or No?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 28, 2020, 15:15:05 pm »

Using your analogy would you sell your house for £50K........Yes or No?
Yes

Especially if the new owners paid the £450,000 pounds of debt I’d run up whilst I’d livid in it.

It’s more than likely they’d tell me to piss off as whatever debts I ran up whilst living there were my responsibility and should not be included in any sale....
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 28, 2020, 15:49:06 pm »

I fully expect KC to be here for the remainder of his contract even if we are relegated. Whenever you change manager the new man inherits a squad of players most of which he wants to replace and typically it will take 3 transfer windows to do this.
People are complaining about the centre back signings not being up to those who played last season. However, we do not know if Goode, Turnbull and Wharton would have been any better as none were proven division 1 players. Oliver also cited as being a big miss but this is a player who many did want when he signed and only scored 4 goals in 30 games for us. If he had taken either of the golden opportunities he had in the first 10 minutes against Derby we would not have needed a replay and would have played Man Utd in the next round.
We are only 8 games into a 46 game season and there is plenty of time to turn it around as we did after a poor start last season.
Goode and Wharton are playing in the Championship  Grin
Oliver has scored in L1 this season which is more than most of our “strikers”
You do come out with some right old bollox.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #212 on: October 28, 2020, 15:54:03 pm »

Anybody capable of replying to shoemakers last 2/3 posts? Seem a bit odd to me!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2020, 19:29:43 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #213 on: October 28, 2020, 17:21:19 pm »

Kelvin has stated that there are always enquiries for the club....
That’s kelvins words not mine.
Ask him...
Ask him why he hasn’t sold the club
Ask him if he is valuing the club at an unacceptable price or if the offers were two bob....
He’ll be able to tell you....

You could ask him if one of the enquiries went on to purchase another club and has a much bigger playing budget than us.....

No point asking me
Ask the man who has been quoted on record as saying “there are always enquiries”

So I hope that helps dispel the idea that there are no potential buyers out there.
Only kelvin knows why he is unwilling to sell the club and whether his valuation of the club is realistic or not and thus hampering the chances of a sale.

Or, you could... Ask Him! Yourself.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #214 on: October 28, 2020, 17:23:59 pm »

Goode and Wharton are playing in the Championship  Grin
Oliver has scored in L1 this season which is more than most of our “strikers”
You do come out with some right old bollox.

Well not totally correct Manny me ol' mucker. Goode & Wharton have mostly been bench warmers and even Oliver came on in the 90th minute last night.  
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #215 on: October 28, 2020, 18:21:47 pm »

Does this still stand?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44223738

How about this from August last year.....two thirds of the way down the article.....

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2019/august/chairman_qanda_aug292019/

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Shoemaker

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 28, 2020, 18:37:16 pm »

Or, you could... Ask Him! Yourself.
I won’t be asking anything in truth I don’t want answers
I firmly believe actions speak louder than words.
We as fans have had 10 years of words
I’m not anti KT and il be the first to congratulate him when the job is done.
That’s the time for backslapping.
Il then look forward to returning to the stadium to watch games again.

In fairness the lack of any shovels in the ground has saved me the best part of a grand going to matches which I’ve managed to spend on more tangible long term items which I suppose I should be thankful for.

I’m saving again this season and who knows how long for so things aren’t all bad  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #217 on: October 28, 2020, 19:49:23 pm »

I won’t be asking anything in truth I don’t want answers
I firmly believe actions speak louder than words.
We as fans have had 10 years of words
I’m not anti KT and il be the first to congratulate him when the job is done.
That’s the time for backslapping.
Il then look forward to returning to the stadium to watch games again.

In fairness the lack of any shovels in the ground has saved me the best part of a grand going to matches which I’ve managed to spend on more tangible long term items which I suppose I should be thankful for.

I’m saving again this season and who knows how long for so things aren’t all bad  Wink

That's you sorted then! Wink
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #218 on: October 28, 2020, 20:07:05 pm »

Well Daddy Pig aka manwork "you do come out with some bollocks" right back at yer.
Stating that Wharton and Goode are playing in the championship is quite a stretch. Wharton so far has only made one 66th minute sub appearance. Goode started in his only game at Stoke and was promptly dropped and often has not been in the 18. After his single appearance at Stoke he was savaged on the Brentford forum with the general concensus that he is division 2 standard.
The prolific Oliver has scored one league goal and has also now been dropped to the bench.
Your reply to another of my posts "complete none sense". I would have thought that someone who claims to have a superior intellect should know how to spell nonsense but this is obviously something you do not possess as you would not need to litter your posts with profanities if you did.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 28, 2020, 22:12:02 pm »

So they have both played in the championship this season, basic comprehension isn’t something you are familiar with is it?
I’ll try and dumb it down to your level, you stated that Goode, Turnbull and Wharton might not be good enough to play in League one yet two of them are playing in the level above, therefore there’s a good chance they would be good enough.
This is a classic example of you talking bollox.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: