The Hotel End
April 16, 2024, 08:31:47 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Keith Curle appreciation thread

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Keith Curle appreciation thread  (Read 20340 times)
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #280 on: November 12, 2020, 01:04:42 am »

Sock it to 'em, Bosco, by the way, you remind me of a former poster 'Hallam Cobbler' he used to confront critics with 6 month old former posts. All good fun and wish you luck Cool.

Thank you, Mr.Everbrite.

You are the first person who is polite here to me.

I do not know "Hallam Cobbler".  My father was a friend of Bosko Jankovic.  You know?  He played for Middelsborough and Jugoslavia.  But, my father he fell in love with Cobblers.  I want to be like him with a love for Cobblers.

I watch here for many months.  I feel sad that people do not fight for Cobblers.

Sorry.  Soime times it takes a long time for me to write english.
Report Spam   Logged
Buster

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #281 on: November 12, 2020, 07:03:29 am »

To save people time, a quick appraisal of this thread. I think he's ****, no he's not as **** as i thought, hes quite good, oh not so good, he's getting **** again and yep I was right he's ****!

It’s time to play the music,
It’s time to light the lights...
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #282 on: November 12, 2020, 10:46:48 am »

It’s time to play the music,
It’s time to light the lights...
Why do we always come here
I guess we'll never know
It's like a kind of torture
To have to watch the show
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #283 on: November 12, 2020, 10:56:06 am »

Thank you, Mr.Everbrite.

You are the first person who is polite here to me.

I do not know "Hallam Cobbler".  My father was a friend of Bosko Jankovic.  You know?  He played for Middelsborough and Jugoslavia.  But, my father he fell in love with Cobblers.  I want to be like him with a love for Cobblers.

I watch here for many months.  I feel sad that people do not fight for Cobblers.

Sorry.  Soime times it takes a long time for me to write english.

Bosco
Have the same issues - so many enlightened literary experts on here. I just cannot cope Cry
Just sound the bugle if the ‘happy’ ones get too ‘happy’.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 12:50:05 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #284 on: November 12, 2020, 11:36:25 am »

Good to see that we now have 15 pages of appreciation for KC. But seriously, let's face facts the next incumbant will be receiving all the same anti messages even if it is Jurgan Klopp because our posters all know more about the game than a man who has played at the highest level and many years managerial experience.
John Sheridan seems to be derided throughout the country yet he is regularly gaining new managerial positions.
Early in the 2015-16 promotion season posters wre calling for Chris Wilder's head after a poor start.
Regardless of how this season pans out I fully expect to start next season with KC still in charge.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #285 on: November 12, 2020, 13:03:04 pm »

When we are bottom @ Christmas I fully expect or see KT pull the trigger on Curlio.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest2995

« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2020, 13:11:15 pm »

If you exclude the outdated tactics and most unentertaining football displayed amongst all 92 football clubs . what is it about Keith I don’t like?
He appreciates the club ethics and history , is ok with the media and can be personable .
I think it’s the pseudo psychology that I don’t like and the refusal to accept he was wrong on anything publicly .
He comes across as untouchable and he really isn’t .
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2020, 13:59:58 pm »

If you exclude the outdated tactics and most unentertaining football displayed amongst all 92 football clubs . what is it about Keith I don’t like?
He appreciates the club ethics and history , is ok with the media and can be personable .
I think it’s the pseudo psychology that I don’t like and the refusal to accept he was wrong on anything publicly .
For me it’s the utter BS that comes out of his pie hole.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #288 on: November 12, 2020, 14:16:46 pm »

I thought he accepted blame for his team selection on Monday. So, some of your post is clearly incorrect.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 12, 2020, 14:19:38 pm »

I thought he accepted blame for his team selection on Monday. So, some of your post is clearly incorrect.
He accepted some of the blame.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #290 on: November 12, 2020, 14:22:32 pm »

He accepted some of the blame.

Exactly, thanks for confirming  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #291 on: November 12, 2020, 14:49:29 pm »

He certainly did not accept blame for team selection in my view .
He begrudgingly tried to defend why it was such a young, changed team.
Personally speaking I don’t think the team selection in terms of individuals was too bad . What he won’t do though is change things in a match when they are not working and accept he got it wrong . He rarely swaps formations or players around. Monday was a prime example where it should have been changed much more quickly with added firepower in midfield and strength at the back but he didn’t do a thing .
Don’t get me wrong it’s the players more than him to blame but he never accepts responsibility in full .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #292 on: November 12, 2020, 15:43:28 pm »

To quote :

"I take some responsibility because it was my team selection" he said "Maybe it was too many changes and I'm going to try and protect the players and find as many excuses as I can to defend them publicly."
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 12, 2020, 16:00:27 pm »

Exactly, thanks for confirming  Wink
👍
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #294 on: November 12, 2020, 18:28:58 pm »

👍

Out if interest.....how many good managers do you think we have had in past 25 years that have played good football?

Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #295 on: November 12, 2020, 18:47:41 pm »

It’s all bollocks. Regardless of what team he picked they were professional footballers from a league 1 squad picked against a team from National League South.
 They should have had enough quality and ability to win the game, no excuses or exceptions.

Looked uninterested, unfit and lacking ability to string a few passes together. The sort of performance that sometimes says about a teams belief in their leader as well as their actual football skill.

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 12, 2020, 19:57:58 pm »

Out if interest.....how many good managers do you think we have had in past 25 years that have played good football?

Carr
Atkins
Broadhurst
Gray
Wilder
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #297 on: November 12, 2020, 20:03:39 pm »

It’s all bollocks. Regardless of what team he picked they were professional footballers from a league 1 squad picked against a team from National League South.

Disagree. A well-drilled, experienced non-league team playing at home in a simple coherent system will invariably beat a league side with no clear system and a chronic lack of experience (particularly if you throw in an artificial pitch).

Curle's tactical naivety lost us the game.

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #298 on: November 12, 2020, 20:32:59 pm »

He certainly did not accept blame for team selection in my view .
He begrudgingly tried to defend why it was such a young, changed team.
Personally speaking I don’t think the team selection in terms of individuals was too bad . What he won’t do though is change things in a match when they are not working and accept he got it wrong . He rarely swaps formations or players around. Monday was a prime example where it should have been changed much more quickly with added firepower in midfield and strength at the back but he didn’t do a thing .
Don’t get me wrong it’s the players more than him to blame but he never accepts responsibility in full .

Who would after that game! Agree with you on team selection and particularly on the use of subs. It just left me puzzled why KC conducted the game in the manner he did; as mentioned previously 'you can hear him shouting advice a mile away'.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #299 on: November 12, 2020, 20:42:39 pm »

Disagree. A well-drilled, experienced non-league team playing at home in a simple coherent system will invariably beat a league side with no clear system and a chronic lack of experience (particularly if you throw in an artificial pitch).

Curle's tactical naivety lost us the game.

Disagree. If it’s so simple why are they a National League South team, they should be flying up the leagues.
I do agree tactical naivety plays a part but ability should overcome

Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: