The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 20:31:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Crowd trials

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crowd trials  (Read 7158 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2020, 16:10:08 pm »

There is definitely more of an emotional tie to buying a ST to say spending £250 with the NEC group for 4 concert tickets. Most people wouldn’t hesitate to get a refund there.
However, some people are going to need every penny back they can lay their hands on, so certainly shouldn’t be criticised if circumstances have now changed.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2020, 16:24:44 pm »

The club has to offer a refund on season tickets to those that want to claim it .
I would say the only other option is to offer free Ifollow on all games home and away , if that could work .
It is a serious issue because there will be all manner of legalities surrounding this for every club .
It’s going to decimate many clubs across all tiers of football except at the very top .
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2020, 16:53:04 pm »

Point I was trying to make was that you probably shouldn't have bought a ST if it was going to be an issue if no fans were allowed in all season.

Common sense approach needed, I absolutely would not have bought one at around £400 but at £200 it was a risk I was willing to take and in turn support the club.

Not everyone will be able to do that. Of course they won't.

There is also no right or wrong here, some people may need that money back. Some may not. Both is okay.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2020, 17:17:03 pm »

Could be a very good time to draw a liverpool or a Man united at home in the cup now we have a virtually unlimited away end to fit them all in, if of course they are going to use the ifollow system for cup matches as well
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2020, 17:51:49 pm »

We all make the effort, by doing without other things, to purchase something that we can't necessarily afford, if it's for something we want (house, car, ST?).
You don't make the same effort if you are receiving nothing in return (or donating to a charity), which makes it very difficult to justify to anyone else in your household that you are depriving by your nugatory expenditure.
Teachers Pet being a prime example.

You obviously have a financial fluidity situation that many others do not.
I am not a season ticket holder.

You're right in that yes, I do have reasonable financial fluidity at the moment. I'm by no means rich, but I have a decent job and we're mortgage free, which I'm conscious puts us in a very privileged position.

I get that not everyone can afford (or indeed wants to afford) a season ticket, but I must admit I struggle to understand how people justify buying a season ticket if they can't afford one. You list it next to cars and houses, but they are a necessity while for me a season ticket is a luxury.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never understood people who get into debt to buy Christmas presents or to go on holiday; those are luxuries and if you can't afford them, you go without. Season tickets fall into the same pot. That's how I've always behaved and the way my parents behaved, so perhaps it's just ingrained in me.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2020, 18:00:42 pm »

You're right in that yes, I do have reasonable financial fluidity at the moment. I'm by no means rich, but I have a decent job and we're mortgage free, which I'm conscious puts us in a very privileged position.

I get that not everyone can afford (or indeed wants to afford) a season ticket, but I must admit I struggle to understand how people justify buying a season ticket if they can't afford one. You list it next to cars and houses, but they are a necessity while for me a season ticket is a luxury.

Maybe it's just me, but I've never understood people who get into debt to buy Christmas presents or to go on holiday; those are luxuries and if you can't afford them, you go without. Season tickets fall into the same pot. That's how I've always behaved and the way my parents behaved, so perhaps it's just ingrained in me.

Is your Dad, Keith Curle? Sounds like good house keeping to me.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2020, 18:05:10 pm »

Point I was trying to make was that you probably shouldn't have bought a ST if it was going to be an issue if no fans were allowed in all season.

Common sense approach needed, I absolutely would not have bought one at around £400 but at £200 it was a risk I was willing to take and in turn support the club.

Not everyone will be able to do that. Of course they won't.

There is also no right or wrong here, some people may need that money back. Some may not. Both is okay.

Agree but buyer beware!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
DAZ21

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2020, 18:09:23 pm »

No supporters within 6 months would mean the death of lower league football clubs. Unless we have a support package, teams like ours will be gone.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2020, 18:18:36 pm »

Could be a very good time to draw a liverpool or a Man united at home in the cup now we have a virtually unlimited away end to fit them all in, if of course they are going to use the ifollow system for cup matches as well

The home team only keeps the iFollow receipts for the first 500 away fans. All of the takings over and above that go to the away team.
Report Spam   Logged

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2020, 18:19:30 pm »

Is your Dad, Keith Curle? Sounds like good house keeping to me.

Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3063

« Reply #70 on: September 22, 2020, 19:00:29 pm »

I can afford it. I've had a season ticket for god knows how many years - going back to the County Ground. I didn't request a refund last season for my season ticket, my eldest son (adult price) and my other son (under 21 price) that would of amounted to a fair refund. However, if we're not seeing any football again this season my thoughts could be a lot different. I am getting three codes for IFollow but only using one of them, where's the fairness in that?     
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2020, 19:02:48 pm »

The club has to offer a refund on season tickets to those that want to claim it .
I would say the only other option is to offer free Ifollow on all games home and away , if that could work .
It is a serious issue because there will be all manner of legalities surrounding this for every club .
It’s going to decimate many clubs across all tiers of football except at the very top .

As a matter of interest do you have a season tkt for 20/21? Perhaps this site might help you decide whether you get a refund or partial refund!  
https://www.footballlaw.co.uk/articles/covid-19-and-match-tickets-will-you-get-a-refund

Interesting it urges ticket holders to study their Football Club(s) Ticket Terms and Conditions.

Good luck
Report Spam   Logged

guest3086

« Reply #72 on: September 22, 2020, 19:08:42 pm »

Some people say we need to stop playing football immediately. Others say we did the day Curle arrived.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #73 on: September 22, 2020, 19:40:35 pm »

The home team only keeps the iFollow receipts for the first 500 away fans. All of the takings over and above that go to the away team.
From the Bradford link I read on it, it's different for cups. The split there is 50/50, to the allure of a big pay day for being drawn against a Champions League team is still there. 
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2020, 19:48:25 pm »

There is definitely more of an emotional tie to buying a ST to say spending £250 with the NEC group for 4 concert tickets. Most people wouldn’t hesitate to get a refund there.
However, some people are going to need every penny back they can lay their hands on, so certainly shouldn’t be criticised if circumstances have now changed.

I am normally traditionally short of funds and had to consider carefully purchasing a ST for 20/21 when taking the Pandemic situation.I already knew that home matches at least to October will exclude spectators. As I purchased the ST in July it was pretty obvious that Covid 19 had not gone away.  My point is that if you purchase an expensive ST knowing full well the circumstances simply don't do it! Keep your money for a rainy day! It wont stop you going Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2020, 19:59:52 pm »

If you bought a ST without kind of half expecting to not see games tuntil next year then you might be a bit silly.

Difficult situation for the clubs isn't it. Maybe the rescue package will help determine how they approach refunds.
Grin Good luck with the refund, your obviously a bit dull so I’ll explain for you... THERE ARE NO REFUNDS.
IT WAS THE FIRST QUESTION I ASKED WHEN ENQUIRING, WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS NO CROWD ALL SEASON ......WILL I GET A REFUND.......NO SIR YOU WONT
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2020, 20:51:33 pm »

The question of refunds are irrelevant. Suspend the season immediately for 6 months..
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2020, 21:00:10 pm »

Grin Good luck with the refund, your obviously a bit dull so I’ll explain for you... THERE ARE NO REFUNDS.
IT WAS THE FIRST QUESTION I ASKED WHEN ENQUIRING, WHAT HAPPENS IF THERE IS NO CROWD ALL SEASON ......WILL I GET A REFUND.......NO SIR YOU WONT

This hasn't gone well for you.

Try again.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2020, 22:49:58 pm »

This hasn't gone well for you.

Try again.
As usual wrong, I think you will find it hasn’t gone so well for people who have bought a season ticket.
Try again.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3355

« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2020, 23:27:28 pm »

As usual wrong, I think you will find it hasn’t gone so well for people who have bought a season ticket.
Try again.

Are you okay?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: