The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:02:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The P*sh (Saturday 10th October)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The P*sh (Saturday 10th October)  (Read 14075 times)
guest3355

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #220 on: October 10, 2020, 17:30:17 pm »

I’m not sure Keith has the nous to sort it, we look back at last season with rose tinted glasses. We played exceptionally well in 2 keys games, but for a lot of last season we weren’t even playing League 2 football well. We were fortunate to get Morton when we did. I see quotes of Boro being 2 levels above us, I didn’t see a particularly top quality team aside from 1 or 2 of their players, it’s more like our level was National League.

Agree with this. They were relatively average L1 side, we however looked like we'd struggle against Kettering.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #221 on: October 10, 2020, 17:33:45 pm »

Confidence dismissing by the week. I don’t see how anyone can question Arnold, he kept the score below 5, we are heading for some real thumping if things don’t improve.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #222 on: October 10, 2020, 17:34:05 pm »

I think McCormack is a massive loss. As already mentioned for leadership, but also how he read the game, his game management and even his influence in the dressing room.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 10, 2020, 17:34:38 pm »

we were fine until we went a goal down and you could see the heads drop and it was game over

We got worse (I agree). Before the first goal we looked competitive even if they looked the more gifted side but after.....................little fight. Poor today. Marshall has to play as he can beat his man and get crosses in. Adams disappointing like so many. Smith is skating on thin ice. I'd prefer Ashley-Seal or Chukkie.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 10, 2020, 17:41:13 pm »

Ashley Seal and Chuk both unknown quantities, I’ve seen nothing from Seal against League one sides to show he is the answer, that wasn’t any different when he came on 2nd half today. Tuesday was after all against U23s and think he’s got no better chance of performing than Smith with the ball hoofed upfield
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #225 on: October 10, 2020, 18:25:47 pm »

Wow 4 shots on target in the last 3 league games.

A very worrying stat!
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2020, 18:26:55 pm »

I think McCormack is a massive loss. As already mentioned for leadership, but also how he read the game, his game management and even his influence in the dressing room.
I questioned his release at the time. Surely he'd have been worth even just making a pay as you play offer with a coaching role if he wanted one? Such a shame that Mc Williams didn't get to play along side him more often, I feel he'd have learnt loads from McCormack
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest2995

« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2020, 18:30:41 pm »

We have lost the spine of our team in Cornell, Goode , macca and Oliver .
With that we have lost our edge and nastiness that a direct team needs .
We may have struggled in this division with those players because we didn’t pull up any trees last season until the play offs arrived .
Without them, we have no chance playing this way .
Smith has been given too many chances now . He is not a footballer and is also not a bully sadly . Curle doesn’t want to lose face and keeps picking him .
We are a long way off even competing at this level right now
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2020, 18:32:56 pm »

Cornell would have probably let more in so far this season. As for Oliver well Curle has got egg all over his face on that one. I see Willi@ms already has 2 for Cheltenham this season who will be top if they win their game in hand. Not deemed good enough by Curle!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #229 on: October 10, 2020, 18:33:00 pm »

I questioned his release at the time. Surely he'd have been worth even just making a pay as you play offer with a coaching role if he wanted one? Such a shame that Mc Williams didn't get to play along side him more often, I feel he'd have learnt loads from McCormack
McCormack went to Southend and immediately was injured . Face up to reality here
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #230 on: October 10, 2020, 18:42:59 pm »

Cornell would have probably let more in so far this season. As for Oliver well Curle has got egg all over his face on that one. I see Willi@ms already has 2 for Cheltenham this season who will be top if they win their game in hand. Not deemed good enough by Curle!
Cornell was much more decisive with the ball behind the central defenders and I think the back 3 had more confidence because of that .
Williams is div 2 all day long . Mind you Smith is not even that level .
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #231 on: October 10, 2020, 18:49:59 pm »

Cornell was much more decisive with the ball behind the central defenders and I think the back 3 had more confidence because of that .
But it's a totally different back 3 ?
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 10, 2020, 19:03:28 pm »

Arnold is not responsible for our poor form, was Cornell anywhere near the Play off team? I could have seen Cornell letting at least two of their shots today
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemaker

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #233 on: October 10, 2020, 19:27:07 pm »

Wow 4 shots on target in the last 3 league games.

A very worrying stat!
Teams at this level have experience at the back
Posh have beevers
My got in the chap from derby

We got in a free transfer from Macclesfield and a defender who Lincoln deemed surplus to requirements, oh and a youth player from Brentford.

At the other end we have no striker who is proven at league one level or has played at championship level

We have Korboa from a million leagues under the sea
Rose who is proven at league two and may make the step up
Smith who wasn’t prolific at league two level
Bernard who is unproven at league level and has played mainly B team football
Nuttall who doesn’t play
Hoskins who isn’t really a striker and didn’t do it at league one level last time we were here.

Sorry but to have any chance we need a proven higher level defender and striker.....

With the greatest will in the world CW didn’t think Nicky Adams was up to league one football a few years back and it’s unlikely he will improve

Marshall is getting on but you can tell he’s played at this level and should definitely be in the team imo

Watson wasn’t considered league one standard by MK and missilou has to prove he can step up.

We are so short of the required quality it’s untrue but rather than invest in proven players we are gambling on players all coming up trumps.

You can’t piss about at this level

We need a proven championship old head defender
A proven championship old head striker
A proven higher level creative midfielder....

My dream team signings would be

Ashley Williams (unattached) centre back 1 year
David nugent forward (season loan Preston)
Auden  mcgeady (Season loan) Sunderland.

That would give us every chance of survival

I imagine we will go with youth team loans instead Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
BMON

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 10, 2020, 20:00:08 pm »

Posh have beevers

We got in a free transfer from Macclesfield and a defender who Lincoln deemed surplus to requirements, oh and a youth player from Brentford.

At the other end we have no striker who is proven at league one level or has played at championship level

Nuttall who doesn’t play
Hoskins who isn’t really a striker and didn’t do it at league one level last time we were here.

Sorry but to have any chance we need a proven higher level defender and striker.....

With the greatest will in the world CW didn’t think Nicky Adams was up to league one football a few years back and it’s unlikely he will improve

Marshall is getting on but you can tell he’s played at this level and should definitely be in the team imo

Watson wasn’t considered league one standard by MK and missilou has to prove he can step up.

We are so short of the required quality it’s untrue but rather than invest in proven players we are gambling on players all coming up trumps.

You can’t **** about at this level

Curle introduces us to a interview filled with BS etiquette. The underground line appears to be truth-hating but does follow protocol; it bothers him most that vain and trendy Keith (the most entertaining character) does just what he wants. Keith gets bored with boating and finds a new hobby -- blame-- that results in a dividing the truth.

keiths meticulous attention to detail (plaudits to the team) and astonishingly fluid non passing by the midfield that shifts from ground level to God’s-eye view, He  puts the audience(sh!tefollow) right there in the middle of the unfolding chaos. There’s a real sense of epic scale as the action moves breathlessly from one hoof environment to the next, effectively capturing our reluctant misery and sense of anxiety to discovery as we stumble into each new unchartered terrain ie the box.

my case is rested like my views which you know and if you don't then their your own
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 20:08:28 pm by BMON » Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #235 on: October 10, 2020, 20:29:17 pm »

Posh have beevers

Nuttall who doesn’t play

You can’t **** about at this level

Really good post, until you set out your transfer hit-list of three ex-Premier League players whose combined salaries would probably equal the rest of our squad put together Grin
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #236 on: October 10, 2020, 20:32:46 pm »

Another poor and disappointing display! As the game processed we hoofed more in frustration than method. Some of the passing was poor both inaccurate, telegraphed and hopeful at best. What we lacked was a spark but none was coming and Smith of whom much was expected was a damp squid through out.  Adams quite frankly was disappointing only Hoskins and Rose showed but with little effect.  Clearly what we lacked was sufficient quality to put P'boro under pressure. The midfield lacked that essential quality too and Sowerby appeared bemused by the hoof tactics. Inspite of their looseness in the way they conceded goals. For the first, were was the defense and for the second  a player was allowed unopposed into the pen area. However I thought that overall Bolger, Harriman and Horsfall had not unreasonable games?  Mills disappointing. Like to know what is going on with Norrie Nuttall?   Thought that Korboa when on also looked out of his depth.

#e&oe!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #237 on: October 10, 2020, 20:33:23 pm »

McCormack went to Southend and immediately was injured . Face up to reality here
a pay as you play offer with a coaching role
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #238 on: October 10, 2020, 21:20:41 pm »

Agree with this. They were relatively average L1 side, we however looked like we'd struggle against Kettering.

Hardly an average side with Dembele in it amongst other players. Their Goalie not too bad either.  We did well reaching half time only 0-1 down.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #239 on: October 10, 2020, 22:01:06 pm »

Absolute rubbish from start to finish.

Peterborough, like hull and rovers didnt have to do much to win the game.

The only thing worse than us is the s*** that comes out of pete Walton's mouth. What a clueless c***, how he was ever a ref, let alone a pundit is beyond me.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: