The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 14:53:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Ricky Holmes

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ricky Holmes  (Read 9727 times)
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2020, 16:58:13 pm »

Yes....... seeing the compilation of his truly amazing goals in our Championship season is just the tonic we need.

If only, we were there to see his return " from the bench"..........we could dream..........but this now a reality .

Few players, maybe Bayo, can infuse this sort of reaction.

Favourite goal , difficult to choose, maybe Stevenage , after being 2 down to score the fantastic winner at the death encompasses that marvellous season. You don't get many of those in a lifetime......memories of the Graham Carr season winning the league at a canter.

Our Talisman !

Now this season is possible.....I really think so.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
guest3063

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2020, 17:12:32 pm »

Welcome back Ricky, a truly great player.

I would urge supporters to give him a chance to get MATCH fit before coming to any conclusions, let's not forget he hasn't played a competitive game for nearly 2 years. Therefore, chances are he won't be the same Ricky Holmes that played in the championship year, but with Ricky you just never know.     
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2020, 17:32:09 pm »

Will be very interesting to see how Curle uses him.

I think inevitably he'll start on the bench as an impact player.

Hopefully he gets a chance as either the attacking midfielder at the top of the midfield three or as a wide forward when we go 3-4-3. Under Wilder he really thrived as one of the three behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1. I really hope Curle isn't tempted to put him in at wing-back because that isn't his game at all.

We have lacked a playmaker/unpredictable dribbler for a while now. I agree with other posters that we need to manage expectations surrounding his return. If we can get some impactful substitute appearances out of him and he can grab some assists and pass on some experience to the young midfielders then we will have done very well out of it.

Coming back can work. Lets not forget that Bayo had two equally successful spells with us, despite his much publicised fitness issues. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2020, 19:19:18 pm »

He will use him as an impact player .
I guarantee it won’t be a wing back , it will be behind the front players coming from deep
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2020, 22:21:40 pm »

Thought he looked very bright tonight considering how long he's been out for. Good to see him in claret again!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2020, 22:26:49 pm »

He will use him as an impact player .
I guarantee it won’t be a wing back , it will be behind the front players coming from deep

Where he will make a difference is the quality of his passing and there were at least two examples of that tonight.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2020, 22:29:29 pm »

Roman Roads - you could walk from Towcester to Chester or even cycle without an issue. I am not particularly mobile either!
Try thinking about what Roman roads were like...when they were actually Roman!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2020, 23:15:11 pm »

Try thinking about what Roman roads were like...when they were actually Roman!

But for Ermine Street King Harold would not have made Hastings in the record time he did in 1066, even if parts had fallen into a state of disrepair. Think you underestimate the engineering emphasis the Romans put on the construction of arterial roads. After all, they were essential to commerce, military, and communication. Sorry would be happy to travel to Shrewsbury via Watling Street in the Roman era, plenty of hostels en route too. Fair chance of arriving safely, dry and probably mud free boots.
Report Spam   Logged

Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2020, 13:33:33 pm »

But for Ermine Street King Harold would not have made Hastings in the record time he did in 1066, even if parts had fallen into a state of disrepair. Think you underestimate the engineering emphasis the Romans put on the construction of arterial roads. After all, they were essential to commerce, military, and communication. Sorry would be happy to travel to Shrewsbury via Watling Street in the Roman era, plenty of hostels en route too. Fair chance of arriving safely, dry and probably mud free boots.
Fcuking Hell, it was a satirical throw away laugh...more at the expense of Steve the mean machine Hawking than Ricky and the Romans!  Grin
Even so, take a trip to Pompeii... cobbled streets, you and the mean machine would have had trouble navigating back in the day!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2020, 14:56:43 pm »

Fcuking Hell, it was a satirical throw away laugh...more at the expense of Steve the mean machine Hawking than Ricky and the Romans!  Grin
Even so, take a trip to Pompeii... cobbled streets, you and the mean machine would have had trouble navigating back in the day!  Wink

Pompeii is amazing - did you see that part of the (very wobbly!) street where chariot wheels have scored tracks into the stone as they went around a corner? It just brings it all alive.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest2995

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2020, 19:58:14 pm »

His scoring record is average to poor.
Clive Platt’s was far better .
What’s Curle thinking of ?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2021, 21:12:17 pm »

So it would seem we've seen the last of Ricky in a Cobblers shirt. I guess we all expected that though anyway.

After tonight's BBC Northampton show Jake Sharpe tweeted that Head of Recruitment Simon Tracey admitted that Ricky Holmes is free to leave the club and basically that the club's style of play is not suited to him. Tracey said "He shouldn't turn any interest from any other clubs down".

One month ago he (Ricky) said he felt sharp and was ready to take off the reigns.... 

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/defenders-be-warned-ricky-holmes-finally-feels-sharp-and-will-take-reins-cobblers-3060490
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 21:23:50 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Coolcat

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2021, 21:19:26 pm »

Well, my weekly award was about to be given out to Donald (MAGA) Trump...but at the last minute, Curle threatens to steal it from under his nose!
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2021, 22:23:26 pm »

I would agree that the clubs style of play is not suited to Holmes. He cannot be played wide without a full back behind him (same goes for Marshall) and so far has only produced rare moments of what he used to be capable of.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2021, 22:29:58 pm »

Well, my weekly award was about to be given out to Donald (MAGA) Trump...but at the last minute, Curle threatens to steal it from under his nose!

Trump is the winner by some margin; anyway why all this sudden sadistic disparaging views on our saviour St Keith? Please don't tell me you have joined the dark side?

Report Spam   Logged

guest2995

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2021, 06:29:07 am »

If Holmes doesn’t suit our style of play , why did we recruit Korboa and Warburton then ??
What an indictment of our club that we openly state skilful ball players are not part of the identity we have .
i would suggest we haven’t kept him because his legs have gone but he has more skill than anyone else on the squad .
He may also be outspoken against the style of play .
The quicker Curle gets the shove the better - attritional rubbish and nothing but a blagger .
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2021, 06:59:06 am »

If Holmes doesn’t suit our style of play , why did we recruit Korboa and Warburton then ??
What an indictment of our club that we openly state skilful ball players are not part of the identity we have .
i would suggest we haven’t kept him because his legs have gone but he has more skill than anyone else on the squad .
The quicker Curle gets the shove the better - attritional rubbish and nothing but a blagger .
+1
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2021, 07:21:59 am »

An attritional strategy has won many a war...
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3359

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2021, 07:24:13 am »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/holmes-demands-cobblers-man-after-admitting-they-were-battered-crewe-3066233

"We've got to man up and make decisions for ourselves...

"We've got a tough game on Tuesday against another team that keeps the ball well so we've got to find it within ourselves to come up with the answers."

Maybe taken slightly out of context but I thought at the time this was directed towards Curle to some extent. Maybe this is why he no longer suits out style of play.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2021, 07:26:15 am »

Also why allow him to be treated by the NTFC staff and using NTFC facilities. I know it was 'out of hours' but with so many injuries this year wouldnt you want all extra effort to be on the likes of Sheehan or McWilliams?!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: