The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:10:11 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

WALTER TULL

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WALTER TULL  (Read 3921 times)
Luxembourg Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Apple User Mobile User Windows User
« on: November 07, 2020, 13:10:27 pm »

Good afternoon all

Stumbled across this article in Daily Mail online - it concerns one of our very famous players from years before, hope is of some interest

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8923805/Mystery-grave-one-Britains-black-officers-Walter-Tull-solved.html
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2020, 18:33:48 pm »

It really pisses me off when media sources link him to Spurs rather than us. Yes, he played for them first but was drummed out through racism, yet they often seem to get the credit for being some sort of progressive club for having a black player in those days.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3063

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2020, 18:50:32 pm »

It really pisses me off when media sources link him to Spurs rather than us. Yes, he played for them first but was drummed out through racism, yet they often seem to get the credit for being some sort of progressive club for having a black player in those days.

Agree 100%.
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2020, 20:59:52 pm »

Mr.Tull was better than any person who sends a message on here.

He was brave, he was strong, he was a good man.

How many who write on here?  How many would do as he did?

You all baby poop-arse.

Mr.Tull shame you all.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2020, 21:51:06 pm »

Walter Tull and thousands of others like him went off to fight in two world wars, in the certain knowledge that many of them would die. Their best form of defence was their best mate copping the bullet instead of them. Many went knowing that war is futile, as both wars ultimately were, they went because they were told it was the right thing to do at the time.

What would they think of our generation, remembering them at Cenotaphs socially distanced and in a one way system. Retreating to take shelter in our homes or crossing the street to keep away from our neighbours, hiding behind our face nappies.
Is that what they fought for? They would probably say ' Man up and get on with your lives'.

Sorry to be a misery.
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2020, 22:19:06 pm »

EB Claret have you actually had Covid ?

Bosic, time to stop playing games, you are turning into a complete embarrassment,  grow up.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2020, 22:48:25 pm »

Walter Tull and thousands of others like him went off to fight in two world wars, in the certain knowledge that many of them would die. Their best form of defence was their best mate copping the bullet instead of them. Many went knowing that war is futile, as both wars ultimately were, they went because they were told it was the right thing to do at the time.

What would they think of our generation, remembering them at Cenotaphs socially distanced and in a one way system. Retreating to take shelter in our homes or crossing the street to keep away from our neighbours, hiding behind our face nappies.
Is that what they fought for? They would probably say ' Man up and get on with your lives'.

Sorry to be a misery.

Good man!
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2020, 22:49:26 pm »

Bosic, time to stop playing games, you are turning into a complete embarrassment,  grow up.

Bad man/  Baby coward.  Suck your mummy tits.
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2020, 22:57:04 pm »

You catch bomb?

You baby-cry-mummy.

Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2020, 22:59:31 pm »

I don't know if I've had Covid I haven't had a test yet. Not belittling the effect the virus has on the unlucky ones at all, just making a comparison between our generation in general and the 'Keep Calm and Carry On' era.
Every Armistice day I get angry with the politicians who sent all those fine young men to their deaths.
Hope that explains my post.
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2020, 23:03:05 pm »

Hey, Mr.EB Claret.You come visit me in Sarajevo.I will be home next week. You tell my friends your big story.
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2020, 23:14:09 pm »

Hey, Mr.EB Claret.You come visit me in Sarajevo.I will be home next week. You tell my friends your big story.

Sorry, Mr.EB.Claret.   You are a good man. I was angry MR.tosser.
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2020, 23:15:50 pm »

You come see me in Sarajevo.

You mr.big.fly,I meet you.
Report Spam   Logged
Bosco_Jancovic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2020, 23:31:35 pm »

Mr.Tull was a hero.

Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2020, 06:22:03 am »

Sorry to be a misery.

Sorry, but that's a stupid analogy. Those that went off to war did what they had to to fight a physical enemy. We're fighting an enemy you can't even see. The soldiers in our current "war" are the doctors, nurses and scientists and the rest of us are just the civilians trying to keep our heads down and see it out.

Do you have the same sort of contempt for WWII civilians who cowered in air raid shelters and carried gas masks in case they needed a "face nappy"?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
NTFC87

View Profile
Fourth year Anniversary Apple User Level 4
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2020, 07:10:49 am »

Bad man/  Baby coward.  Suck your mummy ****.
bit personal that wasn’t it. Chill out
Report Spam   Logged
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2020, 07:55:43 am »

Don't worry about it NTFC 87.
Its just a shame that on a post about Walter Tull there is some idiot who thinks its funny to pretend he's somebody he's not. Pure stupidity
« Last Edit: November 14, 2020, 08:45:56 am by tcobb » Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2020, 08:04:22 am »

Sorry, but that's a stupid analogy. Those that went off to war did what they had to to fight a physical enemy. We're fighting an enemy you can't even see. The soldiers in our current "war" are the doctors, nurses and scientists and the rest of us are just the civilians trying to keep our heads down and see it out.

Do you have the same sort of contempt for WWII civilians who cowered in air raid shelters and carried gas masks in case they needed a "face nappy"?
An unbelievable statement really when you think about it. They lay in mud and rain, sleepless nights, their friends killed, not knowing if they would ever seen their families... and we've been asked to simply sacrifice going out, watching live football, and putting a mask on in the shop for 5 mins to stop people from that generation and their children dying, and we wont even sacrifice that.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2020, 08:28:45 am »

I don't know if I've had Covid I haven't had a test yet. Not belittling the effect the virus has on the unlucky ones at all, just making a comparison between our generation in general and the 'Keep Calm and Carry On' era.
Every Armistice day I get angry with the politicians who sent all those fine young men to their deaths.
Hope that explains my post.

Strange view points - the First World War was about protecting our way of life against a pretty nasty Prussian oligarchy. As for the 2nd against a Nazi inspired Germany needs no defence. You sound like a liberal or worse still a Twitter fanatic!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
EB Claret

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2020, 08:52:59 am »

Strange view points - the First World War was about protecting our way of life against a pretty nasty Prussian oligarchy. As for the 2nd against a Nazi inspired Germany needs no defence. You sound like a liberal or worse still a Twitter fanatic!

I get all that but politicians start the wars and then after all that death and destruction they sit down together and sign a piece of paper to say it's all over, so ultimately pointless.
I've never tweeted!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: