The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 13:34:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

CURLE OUT.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: CURLE OUT.  (Read 51509 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #880 on: February 09, 2021, 22:47:01 pm »

Not doubting the effort any of these players put in, just wondering if they might look better if asked to play in a different way?

Must admit your ditty puzzled me; sort of get now what you are driving at!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #881 on: February 09, 2021, 22:48:46 pm »

It's going to take a while before Everbrite sees through KC, he was one of the last people to keep backing the Cardoza's before he saw what everybody else had spotted months earlier.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #882 on: February 09, 2021, 23:15:00 pm »

Sack the useless twat now.
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #883 on: February 10, 2021, 00:14:00 am »

KC heaps it all onto the players..... https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/disappointed-curle-unhappy-cobblers-lack-fight-hunger-and-desire-3129758

"We didn't respect the simplicity of what needed to be done and we didn't do it well enough."

What does that actually mean? Respect the simplicity? Its not like we are playing any sort of technical football? It doesn't get any more simple than hoof......

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #884 on: February 10, 2021, 04:51:17 am »

He’ll be blaming COVID next because that meant he couldn’t look them in the eye when he was signing  them. It’s his total lack of tactical nous that’s the main issue.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 10, 2021, 05:34:57 am »

Everbrite, you seriously think Curle can sort this, it’s been crap for 2 years, I think we will lose on Sat too, when are you going to talk sense! You blurb on about the 0-0 at Accrington, it was no great spectacle and we still didn’t score. For Christ’s sake wake up!
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #886 on: February 10, 2021, 05:42:00 am »

Huge day for the owners. Failure to act and their credibility is totally destroyed.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #887 on: February 10, 2021, 05:44:47 am »

From Keith's post match interview:

“Individually we need to all turn up and it’s my job to make sure we do.”

I don't think that's strictly true. We'd be better off if you didn't turn up, mate.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #888 on: February 10, 2021, 06:59:50 am »

KC heaps it all onto the players..... https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/disappointed-curle-unhappy-cobblers-lack-fight-hunger-and-desire-3129758

"We didn't respect the simplicity of what needed to be done and we didn't do it well enough."

What does that actually mean? Respect the simplicity? Its not like we are playing any sort of technical football? It doesn't get any more simple than hoof......

A good question, what does he mean?

Assume it may be another way of saying we didn’t do the basics!?
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #889 on: February 10, 2021, 07:09:24 am »

A good question, what does he mean?

Assume it may be another way of saying we didn’t do the basics!?

As he increasingly loses his grip on the situation, I fear that his personnel and tactical decision making will become increasingly irrational, as will his justifications for decisions taken. Having met him, he's a nice guy ... but his race with the Cobblers is run.
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #890 on: February 10, 2021, 07:42:11 am »

Now we will see what KT is made of.......will he act or is the fan base going to be whittled away by these unacceptable performances.

It is fortunate that there are now fans allowed in the stadium, as surely the atmosphere would have turned toxic with rebellion and demonstrations.

I have already stopped the away game iFollow-torture and Burton could well be the final straw.

It is all such a shame, but in truth, we were lucky to gain promotion and that season's side was far superior to this season.

TIME TO ACT.
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #891 on: February 10, 2021, 08:00:17 am »

Was hoping to wake up to the news KC had been "relieved of his duties"

Needs to happen today or KT needs to come out with a statement saying why he's still backing him & how he feels about losing hundreds of season tickets by doing so!

Honestly can accept relegation if we play some actual football and have a go each and every game.

We have absolutely no gameplan, nevermind a plan B. Pure hoof tactics just waiting to see where the ball drops..front foot football my arris'
I honestly think we have some decent players in our squad, it's just that they're not being allowed to play any sort of football!

KC is completely out of his depth, takes NO responsibility for his woeful tactics and needs to go today...
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 10, 2021, 08:11:24 am »

As Luke Graham pointed out, it’s aimless hoof up front, everyone fearful of taking a touch and it’s oh so predictable. He’s not the first to call it out and whilst the Personnel have changed the Manager and tactics haven’t.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3419

« Reply #893 on: February 10, 2021, 08:15:10 am »

There is absolutely no point in changing 2 good midfielders at half time if the manager continues to instruct the defenders to bypass them with a long ball.

I believe McWilliams, Morris, Sowerby (Miller) and Watson could be an effective midfield in a 4-4-2 formation BUT only if the manager allows them to receive the ball from the back........and maybe then we would be able to create opportunities for 2 strikers!

KC will NOT change so KT/DB must change it!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Monkey

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #894 on: February 10, 2021, 08:16:30 am »

I could put up with his neanderthal tactics if we were winning, but its not working and we need a change. I wouldnt be surprised if he's not in charge on Saturday, but I don't actually think KT will get rid just yet. One more poor result/performance/goalless game though and it can't be ignored.

Realistically who will replace him though - I don't really think there are many realistic options available... McCall (not sure he'd travel south of the Watford Gap), Holloway (would be fun, but don't think he'd keep us up), Parkinson (no thanks). I think Neil Harris would be my preference, but will likely have better offers on the table.
Sheehan until the end of the season would be the cheap option, but a huge risk. I wouldn't like to be in KT's shoes right now as it's a big decision - if we go down, its back to square one AGAIN. Getting boring now.
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #895 on: February 10, 2021, 08:17:58 am »

I believe struggling managers deserve our support and I personally believe we all owe KC a huge debt of gratitude for getting us up last year but ....

In truth, in the last 12 months we’ve had 2 unbelievable good games, the rest has been poor.
Our recruitment has been woeful. I can’t think of one individual that has been bought in this season is better than the person they replaced - and we’re in a higher league!
I don’t care about attractive pretty football but I do care about passion and determination. I saw nothing last night - as indeed has been the case for most of the season.

Keith seems a genuine guy and no one should be critical of him not falling on his sword - like us all, he has a family to consider. But if we stick with Keith we will not improve. I’m not sure if anyone can get anything out of this poor squad but I now think someone e else should now be given a chance - global pandemic or not.

The irony is that it could be a loss to a JFH lead team that pushes KT into the inevitable but desperately sad decision to sack KC.
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #896 on: February 10, 2021, 08:25:55 am »

Honestly can accept relegation if we play some actual football and have a go each and every game.

We have absolutely no gameplan, nevermind a plan B. Pure hoof tactics just waiting to see where the ball drops..front foot football my arris'
I honestly think we have some decent players in our squad, it's just that they're not being allowed to play any sort of football!

This bit sums up exactly how I feel. Looking at the squad as it stands...

Keepers (the least of our problems)
Arnold - bang average
Mitchell - bang average

Defenders

Harriman - versatile and fairly dependable, won't set the world alight but will do a job.
Bolger - Jekyll and Hyde; occasionally looks a strong centre back, occasionally a liability.
Horsfall - Looked good in his first few games, poor ever since. Confidence?
Kioso - Defensively suspect but offers a good bit of flair going forwards.*
Mills - ditto*
Jones - A half decent player and the defence has got much better since he joined.
Sheehan - A class act, just can't get fit.

Sowerby - I rate him. A decent box-to-box player. *
Watson - Good on his day, I think his head goes down sometimes but has ability.*
McWilliams - Our best player, by some margin at the moment.*
Morris - Looks decent from what we've seen so far.*
Marshall - A good attacking option, probably best used as an impact player from the bench.*

Forwards

Hoskins - Marmite, I know, but I personally really like him and think his dynamism is much under appreciated.*
Korboa - Not sure. He looked a revelation in his first few games but more like a competition winner of late.*
Miller - Looked good, but only seen half an hour or so from him before injury.*
Ashley-Seal - There's a player in there if he gets service.*
Edmondson - Offers nothing but runs about a lot.*
Chukwuemeka - Very raw but an exciting prospect.*
Rose - Our most potent attacker at the moment.*

Those marked with a star are the players I think would be able to play/would fit much better into a more progressive footballing side (i.e. one that wants to pass the ball to another player on our team rather than welly it for someone to chase after like a demented labrador).

So to save you adding up, that's all the midfield, all the attackers and two of the wing/full backs.

Much has been made of the poor recruitment, but the truth is when you look at the squad it actually isn't that bad. It just isn't built for a kick and rush style of football. Give some of these lads some service and I think they'll do OK, they just won't make something out of nothing or come out too well in a tussle with a 6'4" centre back when the ball is dropping out of the sky near them.

The problem isn't so much the players, it's the style of play, and that comes from one man. Remove him from the equation, let the players play and we have half a chance of survival in League One.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3338

« Reply #897 on: February 10, 2021, 08:33:33 am »

There is absolutely no point in changing 2 good midfielders at half time if the manager continues to instruct the defenders to bypass them with a long ball.

I believe McWilliams, Morris, Sowerby (Miller) and Watson could be an effective midfield in a 4-4-2 formation BUT only if the manager allows them to receive the ball from the back........and maybe then we would be able to create opportunities for 2 strikers!

KC will NOT change so KT/DB must change it!!!
Spot on.
This is what I thought might happen second half. I was hoping Curle would allow them to play it through midfield a bit more (perhaps he did?). Morris is better at this than McWilliams and Watson is the best we have in an advanced position in the absence of a Holmes.
I absolutely agree that we should play 442.

Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #898 on: February 10, 2021, 08:38:34 am »

This bit sums up exactly how I feel. Looking at the squad as it stands...

Keepers (the least of our problems)
Arnold - bang average
Mitchell - bang average

Defenders

Harriman - versatile and fairly dependable, won't set the world alight but will do a job.
Bolger - Jekyll and Hyde; occasionally looks a strong centre back, occasionally a liability.
Horsfall - Looked good in his first few games, poor ever since. Confidence?
Kioso - Defensively suspect but offers a good bit of flair going forwards.*
Mills - ditto*
Jones - A half decent player and the defence has got much better since he joined.
Sheehan - A class act, just can't get fit.

Sowerby - I rate him. A decent box-to-box player. *
Watson - Good on his day, I think his head goes down sometimes but has ability.*
McWilliams - Our best player, by some margin at the moment.*
Morris - Looks decent from what we've seen so far.*
Marshall - A good attacking option, probably best used as an impact player from the bench.*

Forwards

Hoskins - Marmite, I know, but I personally really like him and think his dynamism is much under appreciated.*
Korboa - Not sure. He looked a revelation in his first few games but more like a competition winner of late.*
Miller - Looked good, but only seen half an hour or so from him before injury.*
Ashley-Seal - There's a player in there if he gets service.*
Edmondson - Offers nothing but runs about a lot.*
Chukwuemeka - Very raw but an exciting prospect.*
Rose - Our most potent attacker at the moment.*

Those marked with a star are the players I think would be able to play/would fit much better into a more progressive footballing side (i.e. one that wants to pass the ball to another player on our team rather than welly it for someone to chase after like a demented labrador).

So to save you adding up, that's all the midfield, all the attackers and two of the wing/full backs.

Much has been made of the poor recruitment, but the truth is when you look at the squad it actually isn't that bad. It just isn't built for a kick and rush style of football. Give some of these lads some service and I think they'll do OK, they just won't make something out of nothing or come out too well in a tussle with a 6'4" centre back when the ball is dropping out of the sky near them.

The problem isn't so much the players, it's the style of play, and that comes from one man. Remove him from the equation, let the players play and we have half a chance of survival in League One.
Absolutely right that we can be much better than we are. A manager and formation change with the players we have could make a big difference.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #899 on: February 10, 2021, 08:46:59 am »

Pretty much agree with BackOfTheNet. A few differences but not enough to split hairs over.
Get a new manager in, one with a bit of positivity and this squad can survive I have no doubt of that. Leave it too long and kill of any remaining moral and we'll be back in the basement.
The time is now
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: