The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:01:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Oxford United away Tuesday night 15/12/20

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oxford United away Tuesday night 15/12/20  (Read 10015 times)
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #220 on: December 17, 2020, 20:17:02 pm »

The lads involved on both sides were not at the game.
I will in my Sherlock Holmes (though Sheehan & Holmes preferable) role deduce, you were not there at time of event and missed it! Some hairy biker embellishing a story with his bottle of Hooch, and passing it around to any wide eyes in attendance!
No further comment!  Wink
I will rescind my no further comment, to say this, I was inside, I watched it happen , I pulled people away from the windows. I saw bikers take offence at their pub being attacked, and say again you never got in. Now then, where were you?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #221 on: December 17, 2020, 20:50:42 pm »

Yes i was in there , every glass got broken that day, luckily the lounge was being converted into 'vardos' bar , and closed off, had to drink in the elephant that night , ironically with a Villa fan.
I went to go in, sensed the rather tense atmosphere and decided against it. I’m a lover not a fighter.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 17, 2020, 20:57:16 pm »

Does anyone remember when after Northampton hosted It's a Knockout in the 70's, one of the cowboy/western chuck wagons, used for one of the races, was on top of the entrance to the Romany?  It was there for quite a while if I remember rightly?
I remember It’s A Knockout, (fondly remembered as Its A C0ckout at our school) I didn’t go but remember them building the temporary stands on pitches 11-15 down the Barrack Road end. I saw it on TV and remember the cart at The Romany but never made the connection between the 2 before?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #223 on: December 17, 2020, 21:03:27 pm »

Just watched the highlights, our keeper didn't exactly cover himself in glory, very similar to the 4-0 defeat at Crawley.  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 17, 2020, 21:28:45 pm »

(fondly remembered as Its A C0ckout at our school)
A rather remarkable coincidence given the eventual revelations about Stuart Hall?
Report Spam   Logged

Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #225 on: December 17, 2020, 21:56:07 pm »

A rather remarkable coincidence given the eventual revelations about Stuart Hall?
😂 is he still inside?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 18, 2020, 01:44:26 am »

😂 is he still inside?
Dunno, but I reckon your new mate Jim Hall Fixit has picked a most unfortunate pseudonym to use on the forum? I feel quite bad saying that as he has stuck up for me in the past, but him having a continual pop about my punctuation sort of lets me off the hook a bit?
Report Spam   Logged

JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2020, 02:32:39 am »

I went to go in, sensed the rather tense atmosphere and decided against it. I’m a lover not a fighter.

I thought I had an idea who you might be. But given what you wrote here I am definitely wrong. The Oz based Cobbler I'm thinking of would have been the first one slinging! Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2020, 05:24:29 am »

Dunno, but I reckon your new mate Jim Hall Fixit has picked a most unfortunate pseudonym to use on the forum? I feel quite bad saying that as he has stuck up for me in the past, but him having a continual pop about my punctuation sort of lets me off the hook a bit?

Gutted!

Melly, I find you one of the most well informed and articulate contributors on here. Your Cobbs related views are very similar to mine so ... what’s not to like! I was just trying to help you , in the spirit of continual improvement - we have been blessed with the concept of a paragraph to help the reader process and understand the written word - all I’m suggesting is, if it exists, then fcuking use it!

As to Manny, I’m clearly not as in-synch with his views on all things Cobbs but he makes me smile. Also his contributions are normally so short they don’t require paragraphs!

Finally, I’m not going to apologise for who I am! Jim Hall was my first boyhood footballing hero. I for one am not going to let a long haired Yorkshire tosser stop me celebrating the big mans place in Cobblers history. Also, I’m a believer that once you censor history you allow it space to happen again.

UTC
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #229 on: December 18, 2020, 05:35:27 am »

Just watched the highlights, our keeper didn't exactly cover himself in glory, very similar to the 4-0 defeat at Crawley.  Roll Eyes
I thought that too DC. Not really what you need when you’ve got a makeshift defence including a 17 yr old making their debut! Not sure the other goalkeeping option is much better though - maybe give Sammy a go?
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #230 on: December 18, 2020, 05:55:01 am »

I thought that too DC. Not really what you need when you’ve got a makeshift defence including a 17 yr old making their debut! Not sure the other goalkeeping option is much better though - maybe give Sammy a go?

So he can emulate the great Philip of Irchester?  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 18, 2020, 06:52:52 am »

Gutted!

Melly, I find you one of the most well informed and articulate contributors on here. Your Cobbs related views are very similar to mine so ... what’s not to like! I was just trying to help you , in the spirit of continual improvement - we have been blessed with the concept of a paragraph to help the reader process and understand the written word - all I’m suggesting is, if it exists, then fcuking use it!

As to Manny, I’m clearly not as in-synch with his views on all things Cobbs but he makes me smile. Also his contributions are normally so short they don’t require paragraphs!

Finally, I’m not going to apologise for who I am! Jim Hall was my first boyhood footballing hero. I for one am not going to let a long haired Yorkshire tosser stop me celebrating the big mans place in Cobblers history. Also, I’m a believer that once you censor history you allow it space to happen again.

UTC
Apologies Jimbo, all true and I consider myself thoroughly and appropriately reprimanded.
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 18, 2020, 14:58:31 pm »

And they wont be the last.
Picturedrome now closed.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #233 on: December 18, 2020, 15:41:08 pm »

I will rescind my no further comment, to say this, I was inside, I watched it happen , I pulled people away from the windows. I saw bikers take offence at their pub being attacked, and say again you never got in. Now then, where were you?
Why you are saying 'you' is mystifying...I never said me!
Also didn't say they got in...read my original post!
However, you trying to paint a picture of being so brave with your beardy viking pal, and that nowt happened doesn't stack up, as does your timings!
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 18, 2020, 15:53:16 pm »

However, you trying to paint a picture of being so brave with your beardy viking pal, and that nowt happened doesn't stack up, as does your timings!
So you were not there then, oh dear. I was. I know what I saw, you only know what you heard. You dont like being proved wrong do you. typical teacher. Bye Bye. xx
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 18, 2020, 16:09:59 pm »

It was after five - maybe 5.20/530? Contrary to what's been said on here, a couple did get manage to get inside. And to be fair they had a rough time of it. All said and done, they'd been calling it on for a few weeks. NAT turned up with big numbers and they didn't much fancy it, so hid inside the boozer. In all fairness, during those years they were usually game for a ruck. But severely outnumbered that day.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 18, 2020, 17:44:17 pm »

It was after five - maybe 5.20/530? Contrary to what's been said on here, a couple did get manage to get inside. And to be fair they had a rough time of it. All said and done, they'd been calling it on for a few weeks. NAT turned up with big numbers and they didn't much fancy it, so hid inside the boozer. In all fairness, during those years they were usually game for a ruck. But severely outnumbered that day.
Thank you.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 19, 2020, 10:04:43 am »

Rather ironic the turn this thread has taken just when KC is calling for more fight from the players!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: