The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 08:59:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Lin-Kun at Home 19December2020

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lin-Kun at Home 19December2020  (Read 11512 times)
west stand oap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #160 on: December 20, 2020, 13:25:46 pm »

Horsham, I did not know you had an obsession with me, very weird. Why do you think I should be posting within 30 minutes of the match finishing. No need to rush into an ill considered rant ammediately the game has ended or even during the game. I prefer to wait and reflect before posting and I do not throw my toys out of the pram and go home when we go 0-2 down, in fact I have never left a match before the final whistle. Some people did clap the players off, I believe it is called support, as there is no point in booing and getting on their backs. Not good for their mental health you know, a topic that seems to be brought into almost every conversation these days but was rarely heard years ago.
Anyway, back to yesterday and congratulations to the club on their organisation. I had been to the theatre the previous evening which again was very well organised until the end when everbody was allowed to leave together.
Unfortunately KC got his tactics badly wrong. We are scoring few goals and not creating many chances so we need to keep it tight at the back as we did against Fleetwood when we kept our shape and dealt with balls coming into the box. Once again many of our crosses and free kicks were easy meat for their 'keeper. Some on here say we must start our most creative players Adams and Marshall, well yesterday we did and what did they create. If you are playing a back 3 you still need wing backs with defensive qualities and only Harriman and Mills fall into this bracket. Yesterday Lincoln regularly posted a player out on their left wing and this is where Adams should be tracking back to the cover because as he didn't Harriman got pulled across and they then slipped a ball in behind for a runner to collect taking one of our centr backs out of the game. Their second goal came from a needless free kick, given away by Marshall, when their player was going away from goal out near the touchline. I have touched on this topic before of how many goals we concede from stupid free kicks. Not surprising that Marshall was hooked at half time and I would not be surprises if he and Adams were both let go at the end of the season. Adams for all his assists in division 2 is so far not cutting it in division 1 and I think if Marshall had not taken up his contract option for another season he may not still be here.
As to whether KC remains in control I think he probably has enough credit in KT's opinion from previous seasons. Regarding the matter of cost perhaps we could do a Bury and splash the cash in January on several signings to maintain our status only to go belly up and not be able to continue the next season, at least we will have avoided relegation. It is not only the manager to pay off as a new man will want to bring in his own management team so you are probably looking at paying off 4 staff. A new manager will want to bring in different players and maybe ditch half of the current squad who are under contract. If no other club wants to take them are we paying off their contracts?. The club have no money coming through in gate receipts and although they have received season ticket money they will be liable to offer some form of compensation.
I am not advocating keeping or sacking KC but it is easy for supporters to spend other peoples money. We can all see where the team needs strengthening but in the present economic climate it would be surprising to see a major uplift in January unless our financial position is better than anticipated. I would rather have a club to support next season even if this means dropping back into division 2.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #161 on: December 20, 2020, 13:32:21 pm »

Like many figures quoted on here, I believe that your figure from the Prem has been exaggerated.
Your 'no teams going bust this season' is also very optimistic.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12149939/efl-bailout-premier-league-agree-50m-deal-with-league-one-and-two-clubs
There are 48 teams in league one and two.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #162 on: December 20, 2020, 13:35:38 pm »

As I said, we would have been lucky to have received 500k.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 20, 2020, 13:44:51 pm »

I think it would be more mate, £375k immediately then a share of 30m based on gate receipts.
23 home games
5300 ave home attending
£20 a ticket = > £2.4m
I think we would be close to getting £1m.
There is also an emergency fund which can be loaned to stop any clubs going bust.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #164 on: December 20, 2020, 13:51:58 pm »

Horsham, I did not know you had an obsession with me, very weird. Why do you think I should be posting within 30 minutes of the match finishing. No need to rush into an ill considered rant ammediately the game has ended or even during the game. I prefer to wait and reflect before posting and I do not throw my toys out of the pram and go home when we go 0-2 down, in fact I have never left a match before the final whistle. Some people did clap the players off, I believe it is called support, as there is no point in booing and getting on their backs. Not good for their mental health you know, a topic that seems to be brought into almost every conversation these days but was rarely heard years ago.
Anyway, back to yesterday and congratulations to the club on their organisation. I had been to the theatre the previous evening which again was very well organised until the end when everbody was allowed to leave together.
Unfortunately KC got his tactics badly wrong. We are scoring few goals and not creating many chances so we need to keep it tight at the back as we did against Fleetwood when we kept our shape and dealt with balls coming into the box. Once again many of our crosses and free kicks were easy meat for their 'keeper. Some on here say we must start our most creative players Adams and Marshall, well yesterday we did and what did they create. If you are playing a back 3 you still need wing backs with defensive qualities and only Harriman and Mills fall into this bracket. Yesterday Lincoln regularly posted a player out on their left wing and this is where Adams should be tracking back to the cover because as he didn't Harriman got pulled across and they then slipped a ball in behind for a runner to collect taking one of our centr backs out of the game. Their second goal came from a needless free kick, given away by Marshall, when their player was going away from goal out near the touchline. I have touched on this topic before of how many goals we concede from stupid free kicks. Not surprising that Marshall was hooked at half time and I would not be surprises if he and Adams were both let go at the end of the season. Adams for all his assists in division 2 is so far not cutting it in division 1 and I think if Marshall had not taken up his contract option for another season he may not still be here.
As to whether KC remains in control I think he probably has enough credit in KT's opinion from previous seasons. Regarding the matter of cost perhaps we could do a Bury and splash the cash in January on several signings to maintain our status only to go belly up and not be able to continue the next season, at least we will have avoided relegation. It is not only the manager to pay off as a new man will want to bring in his own management team so you are probably looking at paying off 4 staff. A new manager will want to bring in different players and maybe ditch half of the current squad who are under contract. If no other club wants to take them are we paying off their contracts?. The club have no money coming through in gate receipts and although they have received season ticket money they will be liable to offer some form of compensation.
I am not advocating keeping or sacking KC but it is easy for supporters to spend other peoples money. We can all see where the team needs strengthening but in the present economic climate it would be surprising to see a major uplift in January unless our financial position is better than anticipated. I would rather have a club to support next season even if this means dropping back into division 2.

Superb just simply superb
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #165 on: December 20, 2020, 14:29:04 pm »

I think it would be more mate, £375k immediately then a share of 30m based on gate receipts.
23 home games
5300 ave home attending
£20 a ticket = > £2.4m
I think we would be close to getting £1m.
There is also an emergency fund which can be loaned to stop any clubs going bust.

I understand where you are coming from but the share based on gate receipts is from what is left from the £30m after each club gets their immediate payment (£375k in our case).
But I would have thought that it would be divvied up based on our comparison with the majority of the other clubs (L1) who have an average attendance much greater than ours.  It's not a complete reimbursement.
The other £20m has to be bid for individually based on 'need' which will be judged/determined by an independent panel.
Clubs who receive the additional grant from the £20m will be monitored to ensure that it isn't spent on non-essential outlay such as transfers etc...in other words, to prevent or delay clubs from going bust.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 20, 2020, 14:49:32 pm »

I understand where you are coming from but the share based on gate receipts is from what is left from the £30m after each club gets their immediate payment (£375k in our case).
But I would have thought that it would be divvied up based on our comparison with the majority of the other clubs (L1) who have an average attendance much greater than ours.  It's not a complete reimbursement.
The other £20m has to be bid for individually based on 'need' which will be judged/determined by an independent panel.
Clubs who receive the additional grant from the £20m will be monitored to ensure that it isn't spent on non-essential outlay such as transfers etc...in other words, to prevent or delay clubs from going bust.
Which was kind of my point  Grin only I didn’t articulate it as well as you just did 👍
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #167 on: December 20, 2020, 14:57:26 pm »

https://twitter.com/experimental361/status/1340593592197390336/photo/4

Food for thought, but it's arguable that we're maybe actually lucky not to be in the relegation zone at the moment. There's almost zero metrics that we're doing well at - only team suffering worse is Wigan.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #168 on: December 20, 2020, 16:10:39 pm »

"1Horsham" ... if you don't mind.
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #169 on: December 20, 2020, 17:26:22 pm »

OAP, you need to be aware that there are two Cobblers fans in Horsham (and no Everbrite we are not the same person), and you’ve just vented your fury at the wrong individual!
Report Spam   Logged
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 20, 2020, 17:31:49 pm »

OAP. Everyone one entitled to their opinion, I left home at 8am to get to the game and got home at 8-30 last night, if that isn’t supporting your club I don’t know what is. I couldn’t see us scoring and could see us leaking further goal, at almost 80 minutes I was depressed sufficiently. I ask the question, ‘why do you go to watch?’. I go to be hopefully entertained and hopefully win or draw. I don’t go to be embarrassed. We are the joke of the entire football League, primarily because of tatics and secondly skill.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #171 on: December 20, 2020, 17:46:56 pm »

The one and only positive thing about this game is that we didn’t lump it constantly .
However , we were hopelessly exposed because neither Marshall or Adams carried any threat and didn’t defend well either .
i am not sure they even work on any formation in training whatsoever and look totally unorganised
Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #172 on: December 20, 2020, 18:58:36 pm »

The one and only positive thing about this game is that we didn’t lump it constantly .
However , we were hopelessly exposed because neither Marshall or Adams carried any threat and didn’t defend well either .
i am not sure they even work on any formation in training whatsoever and look totally unorganised

That point r.e. Formation is a very good one B & S. The majority of the second half (especially once the subs started) it was literally just 11 men on the pitch with zero formation, tactic or idea of what they were doing. It was embarrassing to watch.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #173 on: December 20, 2020, 19:07:54 pm »

Heard Adams berating his teammates in the first half. Maybe all is not good in the camp. Certainly after the recent performances and results the senior members of the squad must be questioning there choice of club. Curle in my opinion is lucky to still be employed, the performances without the results we've had have left a lot to be desired added to that the results his cobbler's career must be nearly over.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #174 on: December 20, 2020, 19:10:27 pm »

1 Horsham (apologies to Horsham) you ask why I go. The simple answer is because the cobblers are my local league team who I have supported since before our glorious 1965-66 season in the top flight. Have never understood people born locally who claim to support Liverpool, Man Utd etc when most of them only ever see them on tv and have probably never been to either city. As an aside to this somebody who does live locally and travels to Liverpool attended our last home in division 2 against Mansfield (the game Hoskins got an early red which created quite an atmosphere and the tackles were flying in) said he thought it was great and "we don't get games like this at Liverpool".
Like most teams in the lower divisions we get the occasional exciting season but the majority will be either in mid table obscurity or fighting for survival at the wrong end of the table. However unlike Lincoln, Doncaster, Oxford, Bristol Rovers and many other we have always maintained our league status, sometimes by the skin of our teeth. I would rather go home with 3 points from a dour game than have lost a game where we have battered the opposition, such as Lincoln in August 2018.
Over the years we have had many fine players and of course some that were pretty dire but as I previously said it helps nobody by getting on their backs. I will continue to support whoever is representing us on the field and unfortunately our current squad is not the strongest. I expect KC wishes his budget allowed him to recruit better and although he says he has a competitive budget he is unlikely to say otherwise. At the moment having a club to support must be the major concern as with no gate receipts it would be financially advantageous to play behind closed doors.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #175 on: December 20, 2020, 19:29:01 pm »

..................................(and no Everbrite we are not the same person), and you’ve just vented your fury at the wrong individual!

I know OAP and sit near him at Sixfields. Very pleasant chap and proper Cobblers supporter as no doubt you are too.  You sound a bit argumentative? No worries.

PS  As a matter of interest how did you become a Cobblers supporter?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 19:38:36 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 20, 2020, 20:45:20 pm »

I’ve never lived in Northampton, my Father grew up there before the War but was never a Cobblers fan. At around 11 I was a Chelsea fan, they had just won the FA Cup but just decided to start following the Cobblers.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #177 on: December 20, 2020, 20:59:49 pm »

Fcuking hell Melly you keep posting the same thing, we’ve been bailed out by the Prem £1m +as well no teams are going bust this season. FACT.
Further to my earlier post here’s a fact mate. 1.67 million loss down from 2.2 before Covid. If our income is down around 50% as indicated what’s anyone’s guess, and it is a guess, on how much we are likely to lose this season? I keep banging on about it because we are properly in a fight, and I ain’t talking about relegation? Forget Charlie Goode and the cup run, that won’t cover last years loses given Covid hit at the back end? I keep posting the same 5h1t because people on here ain’t listening and someone needs to say it? Any bailout isn’t going to sustain clubs for very long, it’s nothing more than a stay of execution. Demands to spend money bringing in new managers and players in the middle of this situation is made generally by individuals who are incapable of running a tap let alone a football club? Just hope and pray we still have a club to support at the end of all this? FACT (unless we’re adding falsifying returns to KTs growing list of shortcomings?) Endless protestations to spend spend spend without any thought or fear for consequence? I don’t care if I end up posting this crap everyday, and am the last voice to say so. Hope with every fibre in your body KT has the stomach to stick with it, keep Curle, spend nothing and clench your buttocks, that’s my opinion and it ain’t wrong.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/northampton-town-accounts-201819-released-chairman-thomas-pleased-progress-club-post-reduced-losses-2523540
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #178 on: December 20, 2020, 22:10:49 pm »

Where I sat yesterday the loudest cheering of the afternoon came in the sarcastic "we've had a shot" after Nicky Adams lobbed the ball into the keepers gloves. Apart from that it was just individual comments such as "what load of sh*t". The general atmosphere suggested that nobody was actively calling for Curle's head but would obviously not mind if he went.

Teams that are struggling often start games brightly and then implode when they fall behind, conceding so early wiped out any self belief the players had and the lack of confidence showed. We resorted to a shapeless hit and hope instead of any pass and move which the team work on in routines during the warm up.

I think the players are trying but are afraid to express themselves, their first touch then deserts them and everything descends into the sad spectacle we witnessed yesterday. I would love KC to succeed because he's our manager but against Lincoln I'm sad to say we looked un-coached.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 21, 2020, 12:00:06 pm »

Further to my earlier post here’s a fact mate. 1.67 million loss down from 2.2 before Covid. If our income is down around 50% as indicated what’s anyone’s guess, and it is a guess, on how much we are likely to lose this season? I keep banging on about it because we are properly in a fight, and I ain’t talking about relegation? Forget Charlie Goode and the cup run, that won’t cover last years loses given Covid hit at the back end? I keep posting the same 5h1t because people on here ain’t listening and someone needs to say it? Any bailout isn’t going to sustain clubs for very long, it’s nothing more than a stay of execution. Demands to spend money bringing in new managers and players in the middle of this situation is made generally by individuals who are incapable of running a tap let alone a football club? Just hope and pray we still have a club to support at the end of all this? FACT (unless we’re adding falsifying returns to KTs growing list of shortcomings?) Endless protestations to spend spend spend without any thought or fear for consequence? I don’t care if I end up posting this crap everyday, and am the last voice to say so. Hope with every fibre in your body KT has the stomach to stick with it, keep Curle, spend nothing and clench your buttocks, that’s my opinion and it ain’t wrong.

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/northampton-town-accounts-201819-released-chairman-thomas-pleased-progress-club-post-reduced-losses-2523540
Your fast becoming the anti Shoey repeating doom scenarios 😂
Anyway how’s the weather “down under” 😉
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: