The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:11:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

KELVIN THOMAS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KELVIN THOMAS  (Read 9833 times)
Shoemender

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2021, 11:31:55 am »

The stand is at full capacity now, he’s put the seats in (that Cardozo had)job done.
FWIW I think it’s an extra 250 😂 our capacity went up from a massive 7653 to 7890.
It should be named the Kelvin Thomas stand, all those in favour?

As someone, SOG, I think, correctly stated a while ago; "The Kelvin Thomas Standstill". Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2021, 14:43:54 pm »

As someone, SOG, I think, correctly stated a while ago; "The Kelvin Thomas Standstill". Huh?
It sums him up completely, likes to look big from a distance but close up there’s no substance, all just air.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #102 on: April 23, 2021, 16:14:50 pm »

It sums him up completely, likes to look big from a distance but close up there’s no substance, all just air.

Sadly there are plenty who haven't come to terms with this after 5 1/2 years......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #103 on: April 23, 2021, 17:16:43 pm »

Kelvin's "Etc., Etc."
Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #104 on: April 23, 2021, 17:49:58 pm »

I wouldn't blame KT/DB or anyone else for not wanting to touch the East Stand in the last twelve months or so while the pandemic has been happening. I can also imagine that in the last five years KT has been hoping to attract investors (maybe even Chinese ones!)who can stump up enough cash to demolish the monstrosity we have at the moment, start again and build the East Stand we thought we were getting. Remember those lovely pictures? If only!

Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #105 on: April 23, 2021, 18:38:52 pm »

I wouldn't blame KT/DB or anyone else for not wanting to touch the East Stand in the last twelve months or so while the pandemic has been happening. I can also imagine that in the last five years KT has been hoping to attract investors (maybe even Chinese ones!)who can stump up enough cash to demolish the monstrosity we have at the moment, start again and build the East Stand we thought we were getting. Remember those lovely pictures? If only!
People seem to forget the circumstances the brought KT to the club. It was engineered by Wilder when we were on the brink of going out of business.
Thomas, Wilder or Wailing have no affinity to the Cobblers so it's unfair to ask any of them to pour any more money into the club without getting at least some of their money back. After all there's a number of season ticket holders demanding a refund claiming they can't afford not to go to games.
Of course it KT's "fault" for taking it on in the first place but let's not kick the arses of those who stopped us going into oblivion. There ought to be a way to say thank you, pay them off and move on.
Whose going first?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #106 on: April 23, 2021, 19:06:39 pm »

People seem to forget the circumstances the brought KT to the club. It was engineered by Wilder when we were on the brink of going out of business.
Thomas, Wilder or Wailing have no affinity to the Cobblers so it's unfair to ask any of them to pour any more money into the club without getting at least some of their money back. After all there's a number of season ticket holders demanding a refund claiming they can't afford not to go to games.
Of course it KT's "fault" for taking it on in the first place but let's not kick the arses of those who stopped us going into oblivion. There ought to be a way to say thank you, pay them off and move on.
Whose going first?

I still think that KT saved us from oblivion much to the annoyance of some on here. For a start he forked out £160k to pay off the IR! None of the big shots on here offered a penny!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2021, 19:15:22 pm »

I still think that KT saved us from oblivion much to the annoyance of some on here. For a start he forked out £160k to pay off the IR! None of the big shots on here offered a penny!
Yes he did pay off the IR, but there were others willing to take on NTFC and do that. The reason NBC went with KT & DB, with a deal that was brokered by the Trust, was that they proved they had the "ringfenced" money to complete the East stand.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2021, 19:17:35 pm »

Yes he did pay off the IR, but there were others willing to take on NTFC and do that. The reason NBC went with KT & DB, with a deal that was brokered by the Trust, was that they proved they had the "ringfenced" money to complete the East stand.

Who were these ‘others’?
Report Spam   Logged

guest3086

« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2021, 19:29:34 pm »

You agree to lease a house that only has 3 walls on the proviso that you will complete the fourth. Makes sense cos any house needs 4 walls, right? So what is the effing problem? I wouldn't expect my family to move in to a house with 3 walls. Get it sorted. NOW.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2021, 19:43:02 pm »

St George’s day today and not a word on here; I blame the Pro- Euro’s on here?
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2021, 20:18:46 pm »

Whose going first?

That’s gonna cause a stir with the loud but lazy mob..

Well said that chap.

I could have predicted. That would be followed up by the now expected phrase “there were others ready to step in”.  Grin Grin Grin  Yeah yeah yeah.. Blah blah blah.

Nobody in their right mind mind could say that KT and DB have got it completely right. But it is them who have took on the club. Everyone else chatting about it, are just playing fantasy football club owner..
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2021, 20:42:24 pm »

That’s gonna cause a stir with the loud but lazy mob..

Well said that chap.

I could have predicted. That would be followed up by the now expected phrase “there were others ready to step in”.  Grin Grin Grin  Yeah yeah yeah.. Blah blah blah.

Nobody in their right mind mind could say that KT and DB have got it completely right. But it is them who have took on the club. Everyone else chatting about it, are just playing fantasy football club owner..

Have you asked yourself why they 'took on the club'?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2021, 21:43:05 pm »

Kelvin's "Etc., Etc."

?
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2021, 21:45:44 pm »

Have you asked yourself why they 'took on the club'?

Because they're massive fans and would have hated us to go bust.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2021, 23:28:48 pm »

The thing is Nigel, you KNOW there were others, so why try to stir it ?
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2021, 23:42:27 pm »

St George’s day today and not a word on here; I blame the Pro- Euro’s on here?

Oh dear. You really aren’t very bright are you Evers?

As the patron saint of Bulgaria, England, Greece, Georgia, Palestine, Portugal, Romania, Serbia and Catalonia St George is the ultimate “pro-European”.

Now be a big boy and just “move on”.
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #117 on: April 24, 2021, 00:51:31 am »

The thing is Nigel, you KNOW there were others, so why try to stir it ?

Even the council admitted there was another party willing to step in. They backed KT/DB because they thought they were the better option. You know, because they had the funds and will to complete the East Stand. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #118 on: April 24, 2021, 01:19:18 am »

sounds like KT is backing JB from the interview today .
I think it’s the right decision and expect a restructuring of the club with a director of football .
The problem is the wages we pay .
We will never move forward if we can’t keep players .
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #119 on: April 24, 2021, 06:31:26 am »

Oh dear. You really aren’t very bright are you Evers?

As the patron saint of Bulgaria, England, Greece, Georgia, Palestine, Portugal, Romania, Serbia and Catalonia St George is the ultimate “pro-European”.

Now be a big boy and just “move on”.
Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: