The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:00:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Players Under/Out of Contract This Summer

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Players Under/Out of Contract This Summer  (Read 8819 times)
guest3063

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2021, 18:12:55 pm »

As the transfer window has slammed shut for another season lets take a look at who is under and out of contract for next season (please let me know if I've made any errors Tongue)

Under Contract:

Michael Harriman
Jack Sowerby
Fraser Horsfall
Sam Hoskins
Harry Smith
Benny Ashley-Seal
Joseph Mills
Danny Rose

Out of Contract:

Steve Arnold
Ryan Watson
Alex Jones
Scott Pollock
Shaun McWilliams
Morgan Roberts
Matt Warburton
Lloyd Jones
Ethan Johnston
Alan Sheehan
Mark Marshall

Option:

Cian Bolger
Ricky Korboa

Loan Players to Return:

Jonathan Mitchell (Derby County)
Mickel Miller (Rotherham United)
Peter Kioso (Luton Town)
Bryn Morris (Portsmouth)
Ryan Edmondson (Leeds United)

Only 8 players under contract for next season, with a further 11 out of contract with 2 options available and 5 players to return to their parent clubs. 

Alex Jones joins the list of players out of contract at the end of the season.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2021, 18:25:47 pm »

Those 4 none scoring attackers are going to be a big problem next year whatever league we are in.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2021, 11:19:27 am »

It may be early to consider next seasons squad until we know what division we are in, however regardless of division major surgery is needed yet again to make this squad competitive. I think this is accurate but whatever we are stuck with some that are not good enough.

Arnold is out of contract.
Bolger is out of contract.
Sheehan is out of contract.
Jones is out of contract.
Marshall is out of contract.
Watson is out of contract.
Alec Jones is out of contract.
Korboa is out of contract but option of further year. Unlikely
Hoskins is in contract for another year.
Harriman is in contract for another year.
Horsfall is in contract for another year.
Sowerby is in contract for another year.
Smith is in contract for another year.
BAS is in contract for another year.
Rose I think is in contract for another year.
Mills is in contract for another year.
Pollock ?
McWilliams ?
Warburton is out of contract.

Plus kids who are nowhere near.

Edmundson, Kioso, Mitchell, Nuttall, Miller and Morris loans ending.

What we need is a head of recruitment!
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2021, 11:22:37 am »

We've had a head of recruitment,  what we need is somebody who's good at it !!!
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3063

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2021, 11:27:35 am »

Already covered under another thread. Not that I'm trying to be a moderator  Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2021, 11:29:26 am »

Here we go. The existing thread, discussing the same thing.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2021, 12:05:21 pm »

I’d missed this version from a few weeks ago. Either way we’re stuck with some sh1t
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2021, 12:17:05 pm »

This very effectively shows us the dire consequences of having a completely inept head of recruitment.
Coupled with a manager that lost his touch in spotting talent and a chairman who is cautious about NTFC viability in a COVID and post COVID world.

Poor old JB. What he wouldn’t give to have a striker and creative midfielder in the pack??!
That said, one good point is - I’m not sure he’s got to spend too long deliberating on who he’s going to offer contracts to?
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2021, 12:20:46 pm »

Having seen the dross in this league, I still think this squad (with perhaps the addition of a competent centre forward), should have been enough to keep us up!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2021, 12:34:40 pm »

Looking at who’s contacted for next season:
4 attackers who can’t score
2 new signings in Mills & Sowerby who have been big disappointments
Harriman who can’t get a game
Horsfall who has looked good but only since playing alongside L Jones
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2021, 14:25:24 pm »

This is a huge risk if we go down. The team that got us promoted is not the team that is getting relegated.

We lost all of our best and most influential players in Goode, Turnbull, Wharton, Morton , Oliver and McCormack. As well as our goal keeper.

There may be a temptation to assume that this squad will easily compete in league 2 when in fact this particular squad hasn't proven themselves at either level.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 14:27:10 pm by Gen.Disorda » Report Spam   Logged

Zen Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2021, 14:38:38 pm »

Goals win games.
We don’t have enough goals in the front players and not enough throughout the rest of the squad to supplement this.

Report Spam   Logged

the grumpy old man

View Profile
1000 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2021, 15:44:56 pm »

We have finally got the defence playing better, so please get Lloyd Jones signed up before the season ends and before someone else does. Get rid of BAS if at all possible, he's not good enough for L2, let alone L1.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2021, 18:48:24 pm »

I think we will offer contracts to: Ryan Watson & Lloyd Jones (both will be rejected).

We will release: Arnold, Roberts, Warburton, Johnston, Sheehan & Marshall.

We won't take up the option on Bolger, but will take up the option on McWilliams.

I would like us to offer contracts (short-term to prove fitness) to Pollock & Alex Jones.

I would also like the option on Ricky Korboa to be taken up, I think the lad could do something in league 2.
Report Spam   Logged
guest168

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2021, 19:39:55 pm »

so the only players who were half decent  McWilliams Lloyd Jones and Watson are ALL out of contract.

How did that happen?

Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2021, 19:53:34 pm »

so the only players who were half decent  McWilliams Lloyd Jones and Watson are ALL out of contract.

How did that happen?

Horsfall is a decent prospect and may attract interest from elsewhere. We'll see.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2021, 22:00:32 pm »

How did that happen?

I've said on another thread (I believe) that there isn't nearly enough forward planning regarding contracts. All 3 of these players would be greatly appreciated by the new manager regardless of who they turn out to be - simply because they are very strong for L2 and L1 level. Therefore the Chairman and CEO should have stepped in and offered them new deals a month or more ago. Aside from their abilities it also protects our saleable assets (which are sparse) and may help them to break even down the line. When there is next a Q and A with KT I would like to ask why this wasn't done!
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2021, 06:17:59 am »

as stated about a month ago , Watson and Lloyd Jones will leave because they weren’t tied up earlier .
Very poor on our behalf and another sign of mis management by an apathetic back office .
The next thing is to get rid of the entire forward line under contract because none of them are good enough despite us paying transfer fees for 2 of them .
Chuck needs securing as well before it’s too late .
Toney is just about to go for £35 mill let’s not forget .
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 06, 2021, 10:47:12 am »

If JB gets job he may well give Roberts and Pollock another year. Not sure what injury Pollock had, and whether he is over it or not, but he has shown he can play at L2 level with the right players around him. It would also help balance the playing budget. Need to strengthen the core with right, experienced players so a few cheaper, up-and-coming options, is always a good thing. Maybe JB will sign one or two nuggets from non-league. He knows those leagues really well.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 06, 2021, 11:09:02 am »

I thought Harriman was good at L2 level last time and Sowerby could well prove his worth there too.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: