The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:38:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Manager

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 53704 times)
guest3429

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2021, 13:01:30 pm »

I would probably get Steve Massey from Helston.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2021, 13:03:43 pm »

Personally, as proved when Curle came in when we were bottom of league 2, we need experience and I agree Cook is the best name suggested on here, however I can't see him coming to us.

KTs best appointment has been Curle, who despite this disaster of season, stabilised us and took us up.  Hopefully KT will have learnt from that and bring in a proven pair of hands to give us a chance of staying up.

Not holding my breath.
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2021, 13:05:20 pm »

So it starts. What criteria does everyone put on this recruitment process? If it’s subjective opinion then we might as well have stuck with Curle? Time after time we jump from the frying pan into the fire. If the right candidate isn’t available then keep the temporary in charge until there is? If I were a chairman I would have a top 3 candidates on my list at all times, even if we were top of the league? I do hope this is not yet another pull the trigger, invite applications and pick the best of the bunch that apply? That’s proven to be a disaster?
Curle has been crap of late, but has anyone stated who is the best replacement and specifically why? My criteria is as follows in no particular order.

1. Attractive football.
2. A track record of building successful squads from scratch on a budget.
3. No obvious failures such as relegation.
4. No justified dismissals.
5. Affordable and available.

Whilst I wouldn’t necessarily include this, living within an hour of Sixfields would also be an advantage.

If you can’t tick most of those boxes it will be yet another punt into the unknown and yet more strain on the finances? Let’s hope it’s not another knee jerk reaction?

Good post, as usual Melly.
I think that 6th requirement of yours is more important than most think.

I also agree that we shouldn’t just accept what’s available now. I think the BRS triad will do us until the end of the season if needs be.
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
platti

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2021, 13:29:52 pm »

I would steer of anyone who has been an international as they seem to expect lower league players to be able to be as skilled and adaptable as they were. In my youth I would admit that Dave Bowen was the exception that proves the rule. Ron Flowers  got us relegated almost on his  own. JFH was also a disaster.
Report Spam   Logged
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2021, 13:41:46 pm »

I wouldn't mind stuart kettlewell and Steven ferguson. They  guided Ross County to the Premier division. Good shout.
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
Ricardo

View Profile
Level 3 10 Posts Combination
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2021, 14:06:19 pm »

I’d like to see Brady have a try. I would have preferred him to Curle last time the job came up. Not sure If he wanted the job then or now or if he’s up to it, but I think hiring these tired old retreads is getting us nowhere. Smaller clubs than us do well finding a philosophy and sticking with it instead of changing managers, styles and players like smelly socks.
I’d have been happy to see a man like Brady, untried in the League but with potential (think Graham Carr), taking the helm 18 months ago. And  I’d have been perfectly happy to forego promotion if I could see some progression, with Academy players coming through and a better way of playing, and some long-term plan to stop us being a yo-yo team.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2021, 15:07:31 pm »

I’d like to see Brady have a try. I would have preferred him to Curle last time the job came up. Not sure If he wanted the job then or now or if he’s up to it, but I think hiring these tired old retreads is getting us nowhere. Smaller clubs than us do well finding a philosophy and sticking with it instead of changing managers, styles and players like smelly socks.
I’d have been happy to see a man like Brady, untried in the League but with potential (think Graham Carr), taking the helm 18 months ago. And  I’d have been perfectly happy to forego promotion if I could see some progression, with Academy players coming through and a better way of playing, and some long-term plan to stop us being a yo-yo team.
Pretty much agree with this, no disrespect to KC but it's been a while since he was in the "up & coming" bracket, I would like us to have a manager who wants to prove himself not someone who's looking to top up his pension from NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2021, 15:28:20 pm »

I see from the photos the club have put out that they are back training at Moulton.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2021, 15:43:14 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-receive-lots-applications-managers-job-thomas-will-take-his-time-over-next-appointment-3132016
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3359

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2021, 15:56:28 pm »

I’m not sure going down the route of denying someone’s experience on the basis that ‘you didn’t hear anything’ is advisable. You also don’t know that no one in the stand heard anything unless you asked everyone in the stand which I’d take a guess and say you haven’t. I’d tread with a bit more caution on an issue like this.
Generally dont disagree and for a long time I didnt comment on the story for the reasons above. I don't want to derail this thread but look back on this board, on twitter, on facebook etc and see similar comments from other fans who were there. Admittedly not all the fans but I would say a fair representation and not one supporting even 1 person making a comment. The game was also televised and nothing mentioned or picked up on the mic's. It was years later he made the claim.
Report Spam   Logged
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2021, 16:34:28 pm »

I would probably get Steve Massey from Helston.  Tongue
Hello Frank.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2021, 16:43:54 pm »

Hello Frank.
How many posts in your first day?
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2021, 16:53:44 pm »

Sutton manager Matt Gray being touted in twitter land...

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-sutton-boss-gray-in-frame-to-land-northampton-town-job/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1613064212
Report Spam   Logged
ntfclad

View Profile
Windows User Search Combination
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2021, 16:54:03 pm »

Hearing we may be delving into non league
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2021, 16:55:23 pm »

I think KC has just gone on the record to say that he's not going to even start looking at anyone until next week, so I'd take this as 'profile boosting' agent work that you see from time to time.

EDIT: I post this as ntfclad completely contradicts me, of course  Grin
Are there many non-league managers who are ready to play football on the deck?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 16:59:53 pm by Welly Cobb » Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2021, 17:01:34 pm »

How many posts in your first day?

He obviously run out of Lithium again, how long till he posts
a) a you tube video
b) post rambling none sense
c) gets banned again
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3063

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2021, 17:04:01 pm »

Hearing we may be delving into non league

Kevin Wilkin?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2021, 17:05:44 pm »

I think KC has just gone on the record to say that he's not going to even start looking at anyone until next week, so I'd take this as 'profile boosting' agent work that you see from time to time.

EDIT: I post this as ntfclad completely contradicts me, of course  Grin
Are there many non-league managers who are ready to play football on the deck?

Of course you mean KT  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2021, 17:09:08 pm »

Oh yeah, of course, KC himself is already gunning for Bristol Rovers, no rest there at all!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2021, 17:10:35 pm »

I see from the photos the club have put out that they are back training at Moulton.

I think it's the University not Moulton.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: