The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 21:23:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Manager

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 53759 times)
guest3419

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #300 on: February 21, 2021, 04:57:16 am »

I have started looking forward and enjoying watching my team again, after enduring the sh*t KC served up.

The next two games will shape our season and with Millar and Sheehan starting I am confident of 2 results.

Brady has stopped and then turned around the oil tanker so hopefully full steam ahead with the limited squad he has inherited!

I have no confidence in KT, with his past record, bringing in the correct new manager, so I would give the "Brady Bunch" the position until the end of season and decide then when you have a fuller picture.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #301 on: February 21, 2021, 07:54:09 am »

Russell Martin thinks they got away with it. We win that game if Mitchell had done what he’s paid for. Tough on Brady! However, I think the Dean Austin decision will be in the back of KT’s mind. He has to win the next game to have a chance of landing the job.

Russell Martin quotes below:

"It's difficult because we were playing a team who had real belief in their new manager and what they're doing. They had real intensity and desire and they're enjoying themselves and you could see that.

"Credit to Northampton, I thought they were great today and they will feel really unlucky not to win the game, let alone draw it, because we gave them way too many chances”

Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 21, 2021, 08:01:06 am »

Further to the decision KT has to make. In his interview about KC’s sacking he did mention he wasn’t that fussed about style, more interested in results. Ultimately that mindset won’t bode well for Brady, he has to get results allied to go with the nice football. I wonder how many more games he’s given to audition.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #303 on: February 21, 2021, 08:03:47 am »

Why do people keep saying about going down then rebuilding. It will be a disaster if we go back down and then we'll be down there for another few years. We need to stay up if at all possible. So whatever appointment is made it needs to be done soon to give us the best chance possible.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #304 on: February 21, 2021, 08:12:08 am »

Why do people keep saying about going down then rebuilding. It will be a disaster if we go back down and then we'll be down there for another few years. We need to stay up if at all possible. So whatever appointment is made it needs to be done soon to give us the best chance possible.
Spot on TP, some of our fans aspersions are unbelievable, we need to stay in this league at all costs.
I actually like watching JBs team, it has passion and is good to watch BUT it’s a results business!
I think we can beat Dale Tuesday and I am pretty sure it will spell the end for the Brady Bunch if we don’t.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #305 on: February 21, 2021, 08:12:39 am »

Sorry but I don’t understand what the motivation would be for bringing in one of these non league managers over our current management team? No track record at this level, no knowledge of league players, untested under the pressure of league football? I know everyone has to start somewhere, but I’d rather we were not guinea pigs in yet another leap of faith into the unknown? FFS if we can’t be reasonably confident that we are improving upon what we’ve got then these candidates shouldn’t come close to being considered? Otherwise we will never move on from this finger in the air subjective decision making that has failed us time and time again? It’s not like they are breezing in and out for free? Seems increasingly likely to me we may have got rid of Curle without having a target in mind? If so that’s frankly rubbish, so let’s not compound it with another half arsed school boy decision eh?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3063

« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2021, 08:23:21 am »

Sorry but I don’t understand what the motivation would be for bringing in one of these non league managers over our current management team? No track record at this level, no knowledge of league players, untested under the pressure of league football? I know everyone has to start somewhere, but I’d rather we were not guinea pigs in yet another leap of faith into the unknown? FFS if we can’t be reasonably confident that we are improving upon what we’ve got then these candidates shouldn’t come close to being considered? Otherwise we will never move on from this finger in the air subjective decision making that has failed us time and time again? It’s not like they are breezing in and out for free? Seems increasingly likely to me we may have got rid of Curle without having a target in mind? If so that’s frankly rubbish, so let’s not compound it with another half arsed school boy decision eh?

You could say the same about Jon Brady. Yes, he knows the club from working with the kids but has only managed Brackley Town...does he know anymore about the pressures that will come with the job, if he gets it.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2021, 08:53:13 am »

Spot on TP, some of our fans aspersions are unbelievable, we need to stay in this league at all costs.
I actually like watching JBs team, it has passion and is good to watch BUT it’s a results business!
I think we can beat Dale Tuesday and I am pretty sure it will spell the end for the Brady Bunch if we don’t.
Yes we do need to stop in this division but we had a very "experienced" manager in KC, but he couldn't get the required results from this group of players and the football was dreadful. We now have a temporary manager who has changed the style and got us playing football and, very importantly, got us to score again. At this moment, the results haven't improved a great deal, BUT, we now look like we can win games because we look like we can score goals.
     I see quite a few saying "It's a results business" which is very true, but the facts are that the best manager in the world is limited by the players they work with and, maybe, the players we have wouldn't keep us up with Pep in charge?
     The way I see it is that we tried a "Results at all costs" manager in KC, setting us up not to lose and to hope we just might sneak a goal from somewhere, but it failed with this group of players. we now have some one trying a different way, he's had THREE games and there is a marked improvement and, with a bit of luck, we could have had 6 points from the last 2 games, with the same group of players. Unfortunately we are stuck with some players, signed by an experienced manager, that are not up to standard, but I think JB is getting a lot more out of them than KC did.
     We might lose most of the remaining games and get relegated but that will be down to KC's recruitment, not JB lack of League management experience and I can't see anyone getting more out of this group than JB at the moment.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2021, 09:13:47 am »

Carton - How can you say someone else won't get more out of the team, or find a way of gaining points. It's an unknown that nobody knows the answer to. A new manager may have won that game 3-2 yesterday by shutting up shop after taking the lead or equally lost the game 4-0 by not having a clue. Every possible manager will have different ideas on how to get results. Some work and some don't.
Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2021, 09:49:30 am »

Yes we do need to stop in this division but we had a very "experienced" manager in KC, but he couldn't get the required results from this group of players and the football was dreadful. We now have a temporary manager who has changed the style and got us playing football and, very importantly, got us to score again. At this moment, the results haven't improved a great deal, BUT, we now look like we can win games because we look like we can score goals.
     I see quite a few saying "It's a results business" which is very true, but the facts are that the best manager in the world is limited by the players they work with and, maybe, the players we have wouldn't keep us up with Pep in charge?
     The way I see it is that we tried a "Results at all costs" manager in KC, setting us up not to lose and to hope we just might sneak a goal from somewhere, but it failed with this group of players. we now have some one trying a different way, he's had THREE games and there is a marked improvement and, with a bit of luck, we could have had 6 points from the last 2 games, with the same group of players. Unfortunately we are stuck with some players, signed by an experienced manager, that are not up to standard, but I think JB is getting a lot more out of them than KC did.
     We might lose most of the remaining games and get relegated but that will be down to KC's recruitment, not JB lack of League management experience and I can't see anyone getting more out of this group than JB at the moment.
I think you make a lot of valid points, I just don’t think Brady will get time unless he starts winning. It’s unfortunate but I don’t think KT will wait with games running out.
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #310 on: February 21, 2021, 10:14:05 am »

I think you make a lot of valid points, I just don’t think Brady will get time unless he starts winning. It’s unfortunate but I don’t think KT will wait with games running out.

I don't agree with this. The fact that games are running out is, in my opinion, a better reason for sticking with JB, especially as there has been a clear improvement in performances. Of course, it's results that count, but we look far more likely to get them now. In any case, knowing the players is a huge advantage in this situation. Even a (no doubt very expensive) proven manager at this level would be stuck wiith the same players, with the added disadvantage of needing a few games to "get to know his squad", which would probably mean more poor results short-term and we'd be just as likely to end up relegated.

The only reason for changing manager, in my view, would be if we reach the point where there's no hope of survival and/or if JB doesn't want the job permanently.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #311 on: February 21, 2021, 10:14:59 am »

Russell Martin thinks they got away with it. We win that game if Mitchell had done what he’s paid for. Tough on Brady! However, I think the Dean Austin decision will be in the back of KT’s mind. He has to win the next game to have a chance of landing the job.

Russell Martin quotes below:

"It's difficult because we were playing a team who had real belief in their new manager and what they're doing. They had real intensity and desire and they're enjoying themselves and you could see that.

"Credit to Northampton, I thought they were great today and they will feel really unlucky not to win the game, let alone draw it, because we gave them way too many chances”

His statement indicates that he has spoken to some of our players.  Wink
Results, not necessarily performances, will be crucial to JB getting the job. I hope that he does get those results.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #312 on: February 21, 2021, 10:36:46 am »

Carton - How can you say someone else won't get more out of the team, or find a way of gaining points. It's an unknown that nobody knows the answer to.
Very true, someone might be able to get more, but as a lot of pointed out, if we bring in an outside experienced manager, it's going to be another 3 or 4 games, at least, until he decides on his "best team". But we are not going to get Frank Lampard or Slaven Bilic, we would finish up with someone who has been sacked at Championship or, more likely, League 1 or 2. They've all been sacked for a reason, so what makes you think they will be better at NTFC than there previous job?
   We know JB has made a marked improvement, but we don't know if anyone else would improve us do we ? Do we REALLY want to go back to a "Results at all costs" manager like Curle?

I don't !
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2021, 10:42:17 am »

The next 6 days will tell us if Brady has a real shot. You can’t give it to someone who fails to muster a win in 5. Despite the known weaknesses of the players, we’ve had enough to win games this season. The football has improved (not difficult) and in theory he’ll have the benefit of the ‘new manager bounce’.
I guess you could look back to Wilders start (from memory not amazing) and bringing a new face in will involve writing some bigger cheques.
High pressure week ahead, assuming Brady wants it. He covered it yesterday but we’ve got to find that balance of playing sensibly if ahead, which hopefully doesn’t involve parking the bus as we know how that ends up.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2021, 11:07:05 am »

You could say the same about Jon Brady. Yes, he knows the club from working with the kids but has only managed Brackley Town...does he know anymore about the pressures that will come with the job, if he gets it.
True, but then all the more reason not to change simply to get more of the same?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #315 on: February 21, 2021, 11:15:58 am »

If Sutton continue their good form Matt Gray will be managing in the efl next season. They are now only 4 points behind Torquay with 3 games in hand. A long way to go but he appears to be doing a very good job there.
Cheltenham manager Duff now being linked to the Bristol Rovers job.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #316 on: February 21, 2021, 11:21:44 am »

It’s a difficult one and I can see arguments for both sides TBH, I really hope Brady turns in two good RESULTS this week and we keep him until the end of the season.
I have a feeling KT is sounding the manger market and will appoint it JB fails this week.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #317 on: February 21, 2021, 12:34:37 pm »

Very true, someone might be able to get more, but as a lot of pointed out, if we bring in an outside experienced manager, it's going to be another 3 or 4 games, at least, until he decides on his "best team". But we are not going to get Frank Lampard or Slaven Bilic, we would finish up with someone who has been sacked at Championship or, more likely, League 1 or 2. They've all been sacked for a reason, so what makes you think they will be better at NTFC than there previous job?
   We know JB has made a marked improvement, but we don't know if anyone else would improve us do we ? Do we REALLY want to go back to a "Results at all costs" manager like Curle?

I don't !

Can’t help but disagree as your support for apparent improvement appears to be based on theoretical assumptions. However admirable these assumptions are they fly against those who propose ‘we have to start winning’  preferably ASAP.  This is almost certainly the Clubs view of the current situation.
I will be very sad if results go against Brady as his improved performances nearly secured a victory against MK with goals too! However I find it difficult to believe that Curle would have lost that game; introducing defensive players and ‘shut up shop’. All very unpopular but can be effective.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #318 on: February 21, 2021, 12:36:43 pm »

After sacking KC, honestly can't see KT shelling out any compo on a manager, who's currently employed elsewhere.

If this was the case and he had a specific target in mind, surely he would have made sure he was going to get said target, before firing KC.

Not sure what contract Grey is on but Duff is contracted til Summer 2023...

As for Wilkin / David Oldfield, then no idea how thier contacts work as their seasons have been declared null & void.

We certainly need some sort of update from KT regarding the whole managerial situation sooner rather than later
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #319 on: February 21, 2021, 13:17:27 pm »

Why are people just happy with playing nice football?

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: