The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 12:47:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Manager

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 53709 times)
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #400 on: February 23, 2021, 20:52:56 pm »

It gets stranger the more you think of it. A win tonight and Brady would have got a full time post.

We were poor, he waiting till the 87th minute to bring our biggest threat on, he played for a draw, there was no urgency or hunger in the last 30 minutes to impose ourselves.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #401 on: February 23, 2021, 21:05:44 pm »

Sounds like he wants the job. Big decision for KT coming up, get in wrong and we go down, get it right and who knows. I don't think he can wait much longer though.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #402 on: February 23, 2021, 21:07:35 pm »

He can't keep putting it off. He needs to act by Saturday. Whoever he picks.

(If he cares)
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #403 on: February 23, 2021, 21:28:33 pm »

I would think the opposite, at the moment he has a good standing, why manage a club with a very high chance of relegation and possibly have that on your record. In terms of reputation it seems husk risk for little gain as even if he kept us up I don’t that that monumental achievement would get the recognition it deserved.

Yep, but he is sitting on his backside. If he does wonders here some big Championship Club may come knocking as it wont be a Premier Club. Perhaps a Club like Hull or Ipswich might entice him. If successful at NTFC then he maybe be a very marketable Manager. Great Managers get a job and don't just loaf around. IMO of course Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #404 on: February 23, 2021, 21:40:07 pm »

Said it after the Burton game and will say it again. KT needs to get an experienced manager in and quickly. Overall the performances have improved but not enough to warrant giving Brady the job full time in my opinion. With only 2 points from 4 games it’s time to say thank you to the Brady Bunch for holding the fort and get someone else in.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #405 on: February 23, 2021, 21:41:59 pm »

Yep, but he is sitting on his backside. If he does wonders here some big Championship Club may come knocking as it wont be a Premier Club. Perhaps a Club like Hull or Ipswich might entice him. If successful at NTFC then he maybe be a very marketable Manager. Great Managers get a job and don't just loaf around. IMO of course Cool

Cook turned down the Cardiff job last month as he was only offered a 6 month short term contract and he wanted something longer term. On that basis alone why would he choose to come to us on presumably less money than Cardiff offered him on a similar short term deal?

Much as I would like to see him here I don't think there's any chance.....

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3355

« Reply #406 on: February 23, 2021, 21:43:20 pm »

Cook turned down the Cardiff job last month as he was only offered a 6 month short term contract and he wanted something longer term. On that basis alone why would he choose to come to us on presumably less money than Cardiff offered him on a similar short term deal?

Much as I would like to see him here I don't think there's any chance.....

I agree, no chance.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #407 on: February 23, 2021, 21:47:16 pm »

On that basis alone why would he choose to come to us on presumably less money than Cardiff offered him

I thinks it’s safe enough to say definitely massively less money than Cardiff offered
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #408 on: February 23, 2021, 21:49:20 pm »

The sort of money that ended up tempting Mick McCarthy to take the job on the same short term basis that Cook was offered.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #409 on: February 23, 2021, 22:16:24 pm »

KT said in his post Curle sacking interview that he, Bower & Whiting would go through all the manager applications last week...

Brady said he's heard nowt from KT regarding his position & expects to prepare for the Swindon game...

KT really needs to update supporters (and Brady) as to what's happening one way or another, sooner rather than later especially as the season ticket renewal emails will soon be dropping into our inboxes

Personally, can't see anyone else getting a better tune out of the squad Curle assembled, so I'd offer it to Brady til end of season with an automatic extension if he somehow keeps this squad up.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #410 on: February 24, 2021, 06:48:26 am »

There's a certain ex Celtic manager now available, same level isn't it? Tongue  Cool
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #411 on: February 24, 2021, 07:30:30 am »

There's a certain ex Celtic manager now available, same level isn't it? Tongue  Cool

I suspect Terry Fenwick could manage Celtic to a top two finish every season amongst that shower of shìte north of the border!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 24, 2021, 08:05:29 am »

Said it after the Burton game and will say it again. KT needs to get an experienced manager in and quickly. Overall the performances have improved but not enough to warrant giving Brady the job full time in my opinion. With only 2 points from 4 games it’s time to say thank you to the Brady Bunch for holding the fort and get someone else in.

An experienced manager got us into this mess in the first place Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 24, 2021, 08:29:09 am »

An experienced manager got us into this mess in the first place Smiley

Does that mean we should rule out all experienced managers then?  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 24, 2021, 08:48:26 am »

Does that mean we should rule out all experienced managers then?  Huh?

I think we should go for the best person for the job, not base our selection on the level of experience.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 24, 2021, 08:58:48 am »

I think we should go for the best person for the job, not base our selection on the level of experience.

Ok, and in my opinion someone with experience would be better for the current job than someone without  Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #416 on: February 24, 2021, 09:17:37 am »

How is ANY manager going to get the strikers that we have to score goals ? At least under Brady we are creating chances which we failed to do under our previous, experienced, manager. Also the reason we have these duff strikers is down to that experienced managers recruitment.
     Yes, the second half last night was poor but it was a hard, bouncy pitch with a gail blowing and don't forget that we had loads of halfs a lot worse than that under our previous, experienced manager, with no chances created let alone missed.
 In my opinion Brady has made a great improvement in a very short time, also we have had very little time on the training ground with Sat- Tues - Sat games, so I'm prepared to cut him a bit of slack.
Report Spam   Logged
Vince Planner

View Profile
Poll Voter Level 5 Combination
« Reply #417 on: February 24, 2021, 09:52:32 am »

"How is ANY manager going to get the strikers that we have to score goals ? At least under Brady we are creating chances which we failed to do under our previous, experienced, manager. Also the reason we have these duff strikers is down to that experienced managers recruitment.
     Yes, the second half last night was poor but it was a hard, bouncy pitch with a gail blowing and don't forget that we had loads of halfs a lot worse than that under our previous, experienced manager, with no chances created let alone missed.
 In my opinion Brady has made a great improvement in a very short time, also we have had very little time on the training ground with Sat- Tues - Sat games, so I'm prepared to cut him a bit of slack."

Exactly
Report Spam   Logged
Quintonside

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #418 on: February 24, 2021, 10:17:00 am »

This is the issue though isn’t, the only options available are someone inexperienced either in time as a manager or at this level, or an experienced manager who has ultimately failed somewhere else at somepoint (they may also have achieved too, although Curle  hadn’t!)

Funny the bottom 3 in the prem have one of each of those types of manager!

As much I love the discussions, suggestions and rumours and constantly checking the new manager odds. I am resigned to the fact it will Brady until end of the season when we will be relegated and then bring in someone new. Albeit playing ‘nicer football than under Curle’

I hope I am wrong though.
Report Spam   Logged

Member since 2013, 4 years trying to unlock the account and find password. Back in full swing May 2017
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 24, 2021, 10:18:10 am »

How is ANY manager going to get the strikers that we have to score goals ? At least under Brady we are creating chances which we failed to do under our previous, experienced, manager. Also the reason we have these duff strikers is down to that experienced managers recruitment.
 In my opinion Brady has made a great improvement in a very short time, also we have had very little time on the training ground with Sat- Tues - Sat games, so I'm prepared to cut him a bit of slack.

I can imagine Burton fans would have been saying a similar thing before JFH came in. They’ve now won 4 of their last 7 games, they’re the in-form team down the bottom and have a decent run of fixtures coming up. This situation is not irretrievable. I don’t buy into the idea that there is no one out there who can turn this around. It has been done many times before and will be done many times in the future. I appreciate there has been some improvement, but it needs to translate into points and quickly. I know it’s early but I’m starting to get Dean Austin vibes where we played better football but ultimately didn’t get the results. The novelty of a new more attractive style of play will wear off very quickly if it doesn’t translate into points/wins.

As I have said before, I have nothing against Brady and I do like the way he wants us to play. I am just not convinced he is the right man at this time. Happy to be proven wrong though. In any event, I don’t think the uncertainty of having a caretaker manager for too long is good for the team, particularly in this situation. So KT needs to make a decision after Swindon in my opinion. Regardless of whether it is to be Brady until the end of the season or an external, KT needs to act very soon.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: