The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 09:02:03 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Manager

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 53699 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #440 on: February 24, 2021, 12:32:19 pm »

The fact that you think he will save BR doesn't mean he will. He might, he might not. My opinion that JB may be a better option than Barton is not 'a whimsical moral stand point' t ;Dhat you feel obliged to imprint on every other supporter. I would like to feel free to have my own reasons for having an opinion and not be forced to have my every thought controlled by the 'thought police'.

I never specifically said that! Enough Voltaire too much comedy!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 12:46:46 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #441 on: February 24, 2021, 12:35:07 pm »

+ 1  Wink
👏👍
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: February 24, 2021, 13:00:10 pm »

I went to this game and I agree with you. Lots of sun and a bit of rain.

Went with the Trust on this one very hot day. That bit was correct Grin. Played ok first half but faded second half. Can remember some supporters being unhappy with result! It’s all about opinions is it not?
Report Spam   Logged

Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #443 on: February 24, 2021, 13:28:46 pm »

Who signed those players?
At the time JFH signed the 12 players we , also had a very experienced manager, so why didn't he sign those players, after all he had much more experience than JFH, so by your reckoning he must be a much better manager ?
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #444 on: February 24, 2021, 13:47:15 pm »

At the time JFH signed the 12 players we , also had a very experienced manager, so why didn't he sign those players, after all he had much more experience than JFH, so by your reckoning he must be a much better manager ?

I’m not sure what your point is here. Brady is inexperienced having never managed in the football league. As I have stated numerous times, I personally don’t think that is the way to go in this situation. I’ll leave you to continue debating who is better between KC and JFH with someone else as I’m not sure how it changes the fact Brady has no experience of managing anywhere near this level.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #445 on: February 24, 2021, 13:51:56 pm »

There is a lot of talk about some managers being good and others bad but that is far to simplistic. A manager might be a success at some clubs yet abject failure at others (Gary Johnson springs to mind). Then look at someone like Chris Wilder, pretty much nothing but success, has a bit of money to spend on players over the summer and Sheffield United are woeful this season. People might want to think it’s a calculated process but however much due diligence you do when it comes down to it choosing a new manager is pretty much a crapshoot.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: February 24, 2021, 14:09:21 pm »

I’m not sure what your point is here. Brady is inexperienced having never managed in the football league. As I have stated numerous times, I personally don’t think that is the way to go in this situation. I’ll leave you to continue debating who is better between KC and JFH with someone else as I’m not sure how it changes the fact Brady has no experience of managing anywhere near this level.

We all know that Brady has no experience at this level, the point I'm making is that KC had loads of experience but was not getting as much out of the squad as Brady. Yes we all know the results need to improve but just getting an "experienced manager" doesn't always mean they will. It's been pointed out that virtually all of the "experienced" managers that have any sort of track record would be out of our league, so do you really want to give the likes of Holloway, Sheridan and any other of their like another pension boost, because that's all NTFC is to these people, Curle included, they have no attachment what so ever, just looking for a payday.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: February 24, 2021, 14:34:38 pm »

We all know that Brady has no experience at this level, the point I'm making is that KC had loads of experience but was not getting as much out of the squad as Brady. Yes we all know the results need to improve but just getting an "experienced manager" doesn't always mean they will. It's been pointed out that virtually all of the "experienced" managers that have any sort of track record would be out of our league, so do you really want to give the likes of Holloway, Sheridan and any other of their like another pension boost, because that's all NTFC is to these people, Curle included, they have no attachment what so ever, just looking for a payday.

I’ve never once said that an experienced manager will guarantee success. I’m saying that in my view an experienced manager is what we need right now as opposed to Brady who has no experience near this level. Am I not allowed to hold that view?  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 24, 2021, 15:34:03 pm »

How is ANY manager going to get the strikers that we have to score goals ? At least under Brady we are creating chances which we failed to do under our previous, experienced, manager. Also the reason we have these duff strikers is down to that experienced managers recruitment.
     Yes, the second half last night was poor but it was a hard, bouncy pitch with a gail blowing and don't forget that we had loads of halfs a lot worse than that under our previous, experienced manager, with no chances created let alone missed.
 In my opinion Brady has made a great improvement in a very short time, also we have had very little time on the training ground with Sat- Tues - Sat games, so I'm prepared to cut him a bit of slack.
+ 1 100%
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #449 on: February 24, 2021, 15:48:16 pm »

I’ve never once said that an experienced manager will guarantee success. I’m saying that in my view an experienced manager is what we need right now as opposed to Brady who has no experience near this level. Am I not allowed to hold that view?  Huh?

Brady has with him , 2 players with years of experience at this level, do you think they have no input, i doubt an experienced manager would get much anymore out of this current bunch, as i dare say hasselbaink most probably wouldnt have got anymore out of the squad he  had when he arrived , he was lucky to get the transfer window, which neither Brady had or an experienced manager will get
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: February 24, 2021, 16:00:08 pm »

Of course you are allowed to hold a view, even when it's wrong !  Grin  Seriously, we will never know, which ever way it goes
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 24, 2021, 16:21:35 pm »

Of course you have a view; not quite sure what the others have too prove other than their is correct Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 24, 2021, 16:30:57 pm »

Brady has with him , 2 players with years of experience at this level, do you think they have no input, i doubt an experienced manager would get much anymore out of this current bunch, as i dare say hasselbaink most probably wouldnt have got anymore out of the squad he  had when he arrived , he was lucky to get the transfer window, which neither Brady had or an experienced manager will get

I understand what you’re saying but I’ve heard it all before. Dean Austin (a man who probably knows far more about the game than any of us on here) said that there wasn’t anyone who could come in and get more out of the players he had at the time. KC came in and did exactly that before he’d even got to the January window. It has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. There’s been so many occasions where a team has been struggling all season, appointed a new manager around this time and then stayed up. In those instances those managers didn’t have a window but they were able to get more out of the squads they inherited. Even when CW left Oxford to join us he hardly got a window but he still managed to get more out of what he’d inherited.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 24, 2021, 16:44:31 pm »

I understand what you’re saying but I’ve heard it all before. Dean Austin (a man who probably knows far more about the game than any of us on here) said that there wasn’t anyone who could come in and get more out of the players he had at the time. KC came in and did exactly that before he’d even got to the January window. It has happened in the past and will happen again in the future. There’s been so many occasions where a team has been struggling all season, appointed a new manager around this time and then stayed up. In those instances those managers didn’t have a window but they were able to get more out of the squads they inherited. Even when CW left Oxford to join us he hardly got a window but he still managed to get more out of what he’d inherited.

Hasn't Brady proved your hypothesis over the last few games ? Appoint him.

Additional factors;

Cash - Brady will be cheaper than the options you would find acceptable. We all must have noticed how tight the purse springs have been pulled.

Brady already knows the players (has already ruffled feathers) and is implementing his game plan. Anyone new will have to learn and develop his own plans.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #454 on: February 24, 2021, 17:00:38 pm »

Spot on.

Managers are sacked because owners/chairman think there will be an improvement from a previous regime. Otherwise they would all stay in their jobs and carry on regardless.

I'm slightly surprised people are happy for Brady to be given the job. Have performances improved - probably. Have results improved - certainly not. KT clearly feels the same or he would have appointed him by now.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 24, 2021, 17:06:17 pm »

Hasn't Brady proved your hypothesis over the last few games ? Appoint him.

Additional factors;

Cash - Brady will be cheaper than the options you would find acceptable. We all must have noticed how tight the purse springs have been pulled.

Brady already knows the players (has already ruffled feathers) and is implementing his game plan. Anyone new will have to learn and develop his own plans.

Not quite. Overall performances have been improved but still only 2 points from 4 games and let’s face it, we’ve only played well in two of those games. I am by no means saying it is impossible for Brady to succeed but I personally haven’t seen enough improvement to suggest that he should be given the job full time. I can see the reasons for appointing Brady and I wouldn’t be distraught if we did appoint him. However I personally don’t think we should go down that route. MK Dons performance was encouraging in terms of attack but we still lost and shipped 4 goals. Yesterday was poor, as was Burton. Brady needs a win and fast. Encouraging performances but few points to show for it won’t be enough I’m afraid. But like I said before, either way we need clarity very soon.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 24, 2021, 17:29:18 pm »

Spot on.

Managers are sacked because owners/chairman think there will be an improvement from a previous regime. Otherwise they would all stay in their jobs and carry on regardless.

I'm slightly surprised people are happy for Brady to be given the job. Have performances improved - probably. Have results improved - certainly not. KT clearly feels the same or he would have appointed him by now.

Exactly this. Think as someone else mentioned, there is a rose tinted view of the Brady Bunch for some. I’m surprised at how many are calling for him to get the job after just 2 points from 4 matches.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #457 on: February 24, 2021, 17:38:13 pm »

Exactly this. Think as someone else mentioned, there is a rose tinted view of the Brady Bunch for some. I’m surprised at how many are calling for him to get the job after just 2 points from 4 matches.

Yeah and then if it's 2 points from 5 or 6 matches the same people will be calling for his head  Roll Eyes 
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 24, 2021, 17:57:47 pm »

Yeah and then if it's 2 points from 5 or 6 matches the same people will be calling for his head  Roll Eyes 

I definitely won't. This squad is lower League 2 class at best. It will require something startling to change our results but given we are now creating opportunities perhaps Brady's nurturing of Edmondson might suddenly pay dividends. A brace of goals for him and a win against Swindon and you never know.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #459 on: February 24, 2021, 17:58:19 pm »

You wouldn’t think it would be this hard to come up with a clear plan for the way forward would you? From where I’m sitting 3 or 4 weeks ago nearly everyone professed to have the answer, get rid of Curle problem solved? Between us no one has put forward a convincing argument for anyone or anything since? Other than KT is supposed to be able to answer the question no one else seems to be able to answer themselves with any conviction that is, what a mess? This has got poor decision making based on finger in the air subjective and impulsive thinking all over it, no wonder we are in the sh1t? That goes for the owners right through to just about everyone on this forum? Virtually everyone was clamouring for the removal of Curle and are now completely clueless regarding any sort of cohesive plan or recruitment target to move us forward? Seemingly the only external candidate of note is Paul Cook, a bloke who by all accounts either isn’t remotely interested and/or affordable? If KT has been so poor over this (which he has) and if all these people that have been so critical over the last few months are so correct, where’s the innovative thinking now? Like I said all along (yes this is an I told you so moment) getting rid of people is the easy bit. Who and what comes next and most importantly why is the main challenge? Listen to me and you won’t go far wrong? Brady for me, don’t blow money on an unconvincing candidate and compound the error by chucking more money down the drain when you can least afford it? Take the pressure off the guy and give him time and it may be the best decision after all? In the event it is, please disregard this entire post, apart from the last bit?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: