The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:27:18 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Manager

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 53706 times)
guest3355

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #700 on: March 01, 2021, 14:39:50 pm »

I reckon you are correct, we need to give Brady a break , not sure anyone will save us now, so why change, hes been hamstrung by an injured keeper,  a winger that isnt 100%, a strikeforce that doesnt strike and a relentless run of tiring games . Another manager , wont suddenly turn our strikers into Aguero and Salah, nor Keeper into Ederson.

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #701 on: March 01, 2021, 14:46:09 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/brady-expected-to-remain-in-charge-of-cobblers-3150634
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3063

« Reply #702 on: March 01, 2021, 14:50:56 pm »

Yeah guys let's just stick with Brady "because he plays good football"  Roll Eyes

How many games are we going to give him 5, 10, 15? Maybe, the chairman is waiting for his first win to then announce him as manager.

JB must have upset a few players after Saturday with his comments after the game and is only going to pick players "up for the fight."

A new manager could give us that important new manager bounce that could see us out of the relegation zone and bring confidence to the players for the run in.

There again it could be everyone is resigned to relegation from supporters to the people running our club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #703 on: March 01, 2021, 14:53:06 pm »

Yeah guys let's just stick with Brady "because he plays good football"  Roll Eyes

How many games are we going to give him 5, 10, 15? Maybe, the chairman is waiting for his first win to then announce him as manager.

JB must have upset a few players after Saturday with his comments after the game and is only going to pick players "up for the fight."

A new manager could give us that important new manager bounce that could see us out of the relegation zone and bring confidence to the players for the run in.

There again it could be everyone is resigned to relegation from supporters to the people running our club.

Amen sister.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #704 on: March 01, 2021, 14:53:49 pm »

Cheesy

I take it you have an agenda against Brady did he turn you down as a youngster ?, your last 20 posts are about the manager (bar one),youve made absolutely no suggestion about who should take over, and in those 20 post not one mention of the games played , have you actually seen this team under Brady
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #705 on: March 01, 2021, 14:55:35 pm »

I take it you have an agenda against Brady did he turn you down as a youngster ?, your last 20 posts are about the manager (bar one),youve made absolutely no suggestion about who should take over, and in those 20 post not one mention of the games played , have you actually seen this team under Brady

No more of an agenda than some did at Curle. If you can't see the double standards then you're a bloody idiot.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: March 01, 2021, 14:57:13 pm »

And could equally get nothing out of these players, and end up relegated anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: March 01, 2021, 14:59:19 pm »

No more of an agenda than some did at Curle. If you can't see the double standards then you're a bloody idiot.

Grin yeah you started on Brady after 2 games , hardly a comparison when Curle got off lightly.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #708 on: March 01, 2021, 15:00:35 pm »

And could equally get nothing out of these players, and end up relegated anyway.

That's true but someone else could get lots out of the team. It should at least be given a go and not before it's too late.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #709 on: March 01, 2021, 15:01:14 pm »

Maybe, the chairman is waiting for his first win to then announce him as manager.

Nail on the head! I don't recall a situation like this....assuming he doesn't relegate JB back to the youth team soon.
It won't be worth rolling the dice until the end of the season soon. Then someone new can come in and turf out some of this lot.
It's sad for Brady, Sammo and Rico. I can always remember when Richard Hill came back, tainted the legend a little.
Haven't given up hope because there are plenty of games left and we have previously demonstrated we can win some!
Report Spam   Logged
FezNTFC

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #710 on: March 01, 2021, 15:16:16 pm »

The fact that the performances have picked up under a new manager but the results haven't seems to me to be very indicative that this squad just doesn't have the required quality to stay in the division regardless of who is at the helm. It is immaterial whether this squad plays well or not in a match, they have mastered the art of not winning football matches. I'm not sure therefore that a second bite at getting a new manager bounce will prove any more fruitful than the first attempt with Brady, though of course it can't be ruled out entirely.

If we're going to take a punt with some money I think I'd rather put it towards an out of contract goalkeeper and a striker myself than another manager.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #711 on: March 01, 2021, 15:17:28 pm »

Grin yeah you started on Brady after 2 games , hardly a comparison when Curle got off lightly.

Curle was s***.

Brady isn't the answer.

Simple enough.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #712 on: March 01, 2021, 15:18:42 pm »

Forget all this bringing in of a 'what's left available' manager. Give the Brady bunch a rolling 12 months contract now. They have improved us significantly over the last few weeks, it's just that serious individual mistakes have cost us a couple of wins which would have put us in a much better position. We are probably odds on to get relegated from where we are at today but Brady and co will, in my opinion, give us something watchable and probably a decent league 2 position next season. I think we might beat Plymouth tomorrow as long as we can cut out serious defensive errors. 

That's pretty much where I am. I've been keen on Brady and co getting the job all along but I did have a bit of a wobble after the second half shambles on Saturday. I kept my own council on it though because I was aware it was more of an emotional reaction than a reasoned one.

Now I've calmed down a bit I think it's still the best bet to give him a crack, only on the terms I suggested the other day (initial deal to the end of the year, automatically extended if we stay up, otherwise at the club's discretion with the safety net of a return to the U18s if it doesn't work out).

We play decent football under Brady that is generally good to watch, we're creating chances and not leaking goals the way we were (MK aside). It's not his fault the strikers can't strike and the keeper can't keep! I couldn't understand why he was picking Mitchell but if Arnold isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes then I actually feel more sorry for him because what can he do??

He is right on the money about having a soft centre though. That goal on the stroke of half time broke them and they barely came out in the second half. I guess the belief and confidence is only going to return with a win, but in the interim it's a bit of a catch-22, isn't it? When things go against us we fall apart, when we fall apart we don't have the resilience and mental toughness to come back from it which makes us less likely to get the win that will bring the confidence we need.

In reply to those talking about "giving up", I certainly haven't. My head says we're screwed but in my heart I will keep on believing we can survive until it's mathematically impossible to do so. That's what being a Cobblers fan is about, isn't it?

Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3063

« Reply #713 on: March 01, 2021, 15:51:29 pm »

If Curle was still in charge and oversaw these results this forum would be going potty.

Burton (h) Lost 2-0
Ipswich (a) Draw 0-0
Milton Keynes (a) Lost 4-3
Rochdale (h) Draw 0-0
Swindon (a) Lost 2-1

So, other than good football, why is Jon Brady getting such an easy ride? I've seen elsewhere if he loses the next two he'll have the same record as Terry Fenwick  Angry
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #714 on: March 01, 2021, 16:03:00 pm »

If Curle was still in charge and oversaw these results this forum would be going potty.

Burton (h) Lost 2-0
Ipswich (a) Draw 0-0
Milton Keynes (a) Lost 4-3
Rochdale (h) Draw 0-0
Swindon (a) Lost 2-1

So, other than good football, why is Jon Brady getting such an easy ride? I've seen elsewhere if he loses the next two he'll have a worse record than Terry Fenwick  Angry

Last 5 games under Curle....

Lincoln (a) Lost 2-1
Fleetwood (h)  Draw 0-0
Blackpool (a) Lost 2-0
Accrington (a)  Draw 0-0
Wigan (h)  Lost 0-1

not much change is there? Even the goalless draws are in the same place! Under Curle we scored one goal in those 5 games, under Brady we've scored 4.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
crazycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #715 on: March 01, 2021, 16:04:44 pm »

That's pretty much where I am. I've been keen on Brady and co getting the job all along but I did have a bit of a wobble after the second half shambles on Saturday. I kept my own council on it though because I was aware it was more of an emotional reaction than a reasoned one.

Now I've calmed down a bit I think it's still the best bet to give him a crack, only on the terms I suggested the other day (initial deal to the end of the year, automatically extended if we stay up, otherwise at the club's discretion with the safety net of a return to the U18s if it doesn't work out).

We play decent football under Brady that is generally good to watch, we're creating chances and not leaking goals the way we were (MK aside). It's not his fault the strikers can't strike and the keeper can't keep! I couldn't understand why he was picking Mitchell but if Arnold isn't fit enough to play 90 minutes then I actually feel more sorry for him because what can he do??

He is right on the money about having a soft centre though. That goal on the stroke of half time broke them and they barely came out in the second half. I guess the belief and confidence is only going to return with a win, but in the interim it's a bit of a catch-22, isn't it? When things go against us we fall apart, when we fall apart we don't have the resilience and mental toughness to come back from it which makes us less likely to get the win that will bring the confidence we need.

In reply to those talking about "giving up", I certainly haven't. My head says we're screwed but in my heart I will keep on believing we can survive until it's mathematically impossible to do so. That's what being a Cobblers fan is about, isn't it?

Refreshing to hear after seeing how many have already waved the white flag.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #716 on: March 01, 2021, 16:06:43 pm »

Last 5 games under Curle....

Lincoln (a) Lost 2-1
Fleetwood (h)  Draw 0-0
Blackpool (a) Lost 2-0
Accrington (a)  Draw 0-0
Wigan (h)  Lost 0-1

not much change is there? Even the goalless draws are in the same place! Under Curle we scored one goal in those 5 games, under Brady we've scored 4.

Wigan the only team near us in the table compared to Burton, Rochdale & Swindon under Brady.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #717 on: March 01, 2021, 16:08:54 pm »

We have 15 games left to play, so if we are getting a new manager in it needs to be done now, otherwise, let's have it announced that JB & Co. will be in charge until the end of the season and then we assess the the situation.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #718 on: March 01, 2021, 16:11:23 pm »

We have 15 games left to play, so if we are getting a new manager in it needs to be done now, otherwise, let's have it announced that JB & Co. will be in charge until the end of the season and then we assess the the situation.

I agree totally, one way or the other the board needs to provide some clarity.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #719 on: March 01, 2021, 16:11:47 pm »

Wigan the only team near us in the table compared to Burton, Rochdale & Swindon under Brady.

You're right on the money IMO.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: