The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:00:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

New Manager

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 46   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Manager  (Read 53767 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #720 on: March 01, 2021, 16:30:13 pm »

We have 15 games left to play, so if we are getting a new manager in it needs to be done now, otherwise, let's have it announced that JB & Co. will be in charge until the end of the season and then we assess the the situation.
Don’t hold your breath, apparently it’s not KT’s strong point communication 🤐
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shadowstorm

View Profile
Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #721 on: March 01, 2021, 17:18:54 pm »

IMO Brady is not the answer, maybe we are playing a better style of football, and maybe we are now creating chances. We are still not putting them away and look no nearer to a win than we did under KC. KT must make a decision and let's get on with it. My choice is Paul Cook though this would be unrealistic so my nxt choice would be either one from PaulTisdale, Phil Parkinson, or Derek Adams.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #722 on: March 01, 2021, 17:20:24 pm »

Wigan the only team near us in the table compared to Burton, Rochdale & Swindon under Brady.

This is true....point taken!

Wasn't defending Brady, just pointing out the similarity between last five and first five. As I said, "not much change"
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3063

« Reply #723 on: March 01, 2021, 17:32:40 pm »

This is true....point taken!

Wasn't defending Brady, just pointing out the similarity between last five and first five. As I said, "not much change"

No problem GPC. I wasn't having a pop just thought I'd mention the teams we've played under both managers.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #724 on: March 01, 2021, 17:40:49 pm »

Don’t hold your breath, apparently it’s not KT’s strong point communication 🤐

That's a f***ing understatement.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #725 on: March 01, 2021, 19:18:25 pm »

Brady says we have been in all 5 games and played some good teams, nothing against the man but 3 of those teams were in the bottom 7 which makes every team in the division a good team.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 01, 2021, 19:26:12 pm »

That's a **** understatement.
Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3355

« Reply #727 on: March 01, 2021, 19:52:22 pm »

which makes every team in the division a good team.

Except us.
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #728 on: March 01, 2021, 20:29:02 pm »

If we're going to take a punt with some money I think I'd rather put it towards an out of contract goalkeeper and a striker myself than another manager.

I have to agree with that. We could stay up without a change of manager, we've got fúck all chance without a new keeper and a target man.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #729 on: March 01, 2021, 20:42:27 pm »

Curtis Woodhouse
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #730 on: March 01, 2021, 21:56:45 pm »

Gone on way too long now.

Looks very amateurish
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #731 on: March 01, 2021, 22:01:00 pm »

Curtis Woodhouse

The boxer!!

Just been reading about his football managerial career...seems he's done well at a couple of clubs and had Gainsborough up near the playoffs before the season was curtailed. Now he's left by mutual consent to pursue other opportunities.....the next stage of his career..... etc etc.

Big step up from the Northern League Premier to League 1 though....

Bit of money for Colin Calderwood who is now at 16/1 with Hills, he is also linked with the vacant Leyton Orient post along with Tisdale and McGreal amongst others.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 22:04:18 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #732 on: March 01, 2021, 22:47:36 pm »

The boxer!!

Just been reading about his football managerial career...seems he's done well at a couple of clubs and had Gainsborough up near the playoffs before the season was curtailed. Now he's left by mutual consent to pursue other opportunities.....the next stage of his career..... etc etc.

Big step up from the Northern League Premier to League 1 though....

Bit of money for Colin Calderwood who is now at 16/1 with Hills, he is also linked with the vacant Leyton Orient post along with Tisdale and McGreal amongst others.

Who in their right mind would bring Calderwood in at this current time? And that's setting aside his brand of football. Nice bloke, but no thanks.
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #733 on: March 01, 2021, 22:56:30 pm »

Ok there are obviously qualified managers out there we might possibly appoint but it's still the same squad.

I don't get the untried manager option as that is effectively what Brady is so where's the improvement there. In fact, I'm sure if Brady was currently at another club and had been a successful U18 manager and came backed by two ex-pros, plenty would be saying yes, what a great approach, just what we need, etc. The fact he's come from within though means he's tarred with the toxicity brush of a club that's in a bit of a mess.

So, if Brady quit tomorrow and we were forced into a decision, I'd take experience, even though I'm probably falling into the definition of insanity cliche of doing the same thing and expecting a different result but you never know I guess. I just don't rate our chances of finding two Wilders in six years.

I'm not happy with how things are but Brady deserves as much, if not more of a chance than anyone else. He knows the squads strengths or should I say limitations and he's no mug.

One win could be all we need to get going again....
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #734 on: March 02, 2021, 02:35:23 am »

Ok there are obviously qualified managers out there we might possibly appoint but it's still the same squad.

I'm not happy with how things are but Brady deserves as much, if not more of a chance than anyone else. He knows the squads strengths or should I say limitations and he's no mug.

One win could be all we need to get going again....

Agree. Some of the names being touted here are based on nothing at all except fresh air (and a look at the sack race)

Tisdale, FFS! Spent 70 years mid table at Exeter and then abject failure, oh he wears a cap.
Cook, go take a cold shower, bit of a knuckle dragger anyway, hardly inspiring.

So we appoint another "name" manager on huge salary who will bugger off at the slightest whiff of another club with a real stadium.

I hate to look over the county border but how many times have Pooh sacked Fergie? They may has well not bothered! I understand fresh ideas and all that but Brady and the boys have the badges and this club and county running through them and I would rather give their determination and passion some time even if it means a little short term pain.

Curles recruitment this summer was gash, end of. We need to start building from the bottom up properly and stop just painting the fascia boards with expensive but ultimately temporary paint and that starts with giving Brady time.

Does anyone want to fathom a guess on how much the club has spent on managers since Wilder?

Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #735 on: March 02, 2021, 05:36:12 am »

Some posters want Jon Brady out after just 5 games, therefore are they saying to any new manager you have 5 games to prove yourself, surely not?

The general agreement is he has already improved the standard of football and yes the results have not reflected that, but is that due to the poor standard of most of the players rather than the management team?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #736 on: March 02, 2021, 06:58:01 am »

Give the job to Jon Brady and the team.
Let him develop a philosophy at the club about bringing players through and integrating them into the team , following the same ethics .
He needs these very average players to play above themselves every week to get results and that is a tough task.
He also needs to get the players to believe in themselves more because there is very little belief there .
A new head in the dressing room managing the side will not change that overnight .
Give him a proper chance .
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 02, 2021, 07:32:52 am »

I like John Brady and his interviews are refreshing and honest but it’s a results business, this squad has won six games in this league before Christmas so they are capable.
I dare say if it wasn’t for Mitchell we would have 6 points and Brady would be manager until the end of the season.
Lose again tonight and he has the same record as the mighty Terry Fenwick, untenable I’m afraid.
Plus the three amigos still have good jobs at the club, get some experience in.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 10:28:49 am by Manwork04 » Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #738 on: March 02, 2021, 08:06:12 am »

The fact that the performances have picked up under a new manager but the results haven't seems to me to be very indicative that this squad just doesn't have the required quality to stay in the division regardless of who is at the helm. It is immaterial whether this squad plays well or not in a match, they have mastered the art of not winning football matches. I'm not sure therefore that a second bite at getting a new manager bounce will prove any more fruitful than the first attempt with Brady, though of course it can't be ruled out entirely.

If we're going to take a punt with some money I think I'd rather put it towards an out of contract goalkeeper and a striker myself than another manager.
Very good post Fez. Especially about a keeper & striker (if there are any about)
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #739 on: March 02, 2021, 08:31:37 am »

The biggest problem I can see is that looking at the stats of many of the names mentioned on here they would have to punch well over their weight for the rest of the season for us to stay up.
Realistically we need 25 points from 45, which is huge ask, though not impossible. Unfortunatley come the final day our fate may not be decided by us, but a reliance on the demise of those around us.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 46   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: