The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 01:27:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Brady Bunch V Burton Albion Saturday 13th Feb

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Brady Bunch V Burton Albion Saturday 13th Feb  (Read 11638 times)
Clarity

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« on: February 11, 2021, 10:23:46 am »

New beginings or same old rubbish? Hopefully the shackles are off and they get off to a great start. We'll soon see if the players are on board with the new management team.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Martin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 11:09:33 am »

Here's a suggestion for the team selection:

Mitchell
Kioso  Jones  Bolger      Mills
    McWilliams    Sowerby
Korboa     Morris        Hoskins
               Rose

Subs: Arnold, Harriman, Horsfall, Watson, Marshall, Edmondson, Ashley-Seal

If Miller and/or Sheehan are available, then Sheehan would replace Bolger, and Miller would replace Korboa, and both would drop to the bench.

Lets all hope for the best and for some entertainment at last!!  Good luck to Brady, Sammo, and Richards.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2021, 11:16:30 am »

Mitchell
    McWilliams    Sowerby
               Rose

If Miller and/or Sheehan are available, then Sheehan would replace Bolger, and Miller would replace Korboa, and both would drop to the bench.

Lets all hope for the best and for some entertainment at last!!  Good luck to Brady, Sammo, and Richards.

Would be quite happy with that especially if Miller is fit, would probably have Morris alongside McWilliams with either Sowerby or Watson as the more attacking central midfielder.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2021, 11:20:56 am »

here’s my go

Mitchell

Kioso.     Jones.    Bolger.      Mills.

Marshall.   McWilliams.  Morris.    Miller.

Edmundson.  Rose.   

Keep it simple.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2021, 11:42:36 am »

here’s my go

Mitchell

Edmundson.  Rose.   

Keep it simple.
Quite like the look of that side. Not sure about Edmundson just, i guess you must have forgot to select Sam?  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2021, 12:01:02 pm »

Quite like the look of that side. Not sure about Edmundson just, i guess you must have forgot to select Sam?  Shocked
Funnily enough he was the first name in my head and his was the first ar5e on the bench. 😄
I know what you mean about Edmundson but we really don’t have an alternative as BAS is about as much use as a wheelchair with pedals
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 12:26:31 pm »

Mitchell
    McWilliams    Sowerby
               Rose

I appreciate your good intentions but for me a win(s) for the Cobblers at the moment is top of the list; leave the entertainment factor for later. Also I am not convinced at all that we have sufficient players with the quality necessary to play entertaining football. I also believe that most supporters would gladly support a winning side at the expense of some 'entertainment'. Most successful NTFC sides have been built on a hard unforgiving defence allied with a decent winger and two good strikers. Carrs side was an exception. Of course the Midfield has to be fit for purpose. The trouble is that goalscorers like Yates don't come cheap; same with flair players.                                                                                        
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3429

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2021, 12:29:18 pm »

At least I'm looking forward to it now and not from behind the sofa.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2021, 12:55:57 pm »

Most successful NTFC sides have been built on a hard unforgiving defence allied with a decent winger and two good strikers.                                                                                   

Well we don’t have any of those 3.
Report Spam   Logged
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2021, 13:01:30 pm »

Not too excited about who starts except:
1) must have a back 4 - let wing backs go back up the Motorway with KC
2) must include McWilliams
3) should try something different upfront. I’m afraid the young lad from Leeds needs to be benched
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2021, 13:02:40 pm »

Well we don’t have any of those 3.

defence isn't too bad but other depts are looking bit thin on  minimum quality.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  
Report Spam   Logged

cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2021, 13:04:53 pm »

here’s my go

Mitchell

Edmundson.  Rose.   

Keep it simple.

Chuck over Edmundson surely?
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2021, 13:26:03 pm »

defence isn't too bad but other depts are looking bit thin on  minimum quality.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Our strength in my opinion by a distance is the central midfield while we are very weak in attack, so almost counter intuitively I think playing an extra CM and one less CF would actually make us more attacking, forcing us to play through the midfield and having a platform in attacking areas rather than being overrun in midfield and resorting to aimless long balls. While last season Oliver and Morton were able to force defenders into mistakes and make things out of hoofs up pitch, we don’t currently have that ability.
Report Spam   Logged
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2021, 13:27:37 pm »

Maybe a set of crampons for BAS if he starts from the bench.
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2021, 14:12:16 pm »

here’s my go

Mitchell

Edmundson.  Rose.   

Id take this in an instant, if sheehan is fit even better we can drop bulgy

Keep it simple.
Report Spam   Logged
606 Parklands_Cobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Mobile User
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2021, 14:20:27 pm »

Soz to be that guy, but seriously....EdmOndson!

Anyway I think it's too early to change much including formation, but I don't think the formation is the problem over the style:

Mitchell
              Kioso Bolger Jones
Hoskins Morris Watson McWilliams Mills
              Rose Chuckwuemeka

I think our best team though could probably be

Mitchell
         Kioso Jones Sheehan Mills
               Morris McWilliams
           Hoskins Watson Miller
                       Rose
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 14:22:23 pm by 606 Parklands_Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest3419

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2021, 14:34:05 pm »

Surely kiddy stablisers?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2021, 14:35:11 pm »

How cruel Grin Cool
Report Spam   Logged

GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2021, 16:19:02 pm »

The new era starts here, and what a way to start....the two teams at the bottom meet each other, and Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink makes his Sixfields return! One of those games where you wish fans were allowed in!!

So, The Brewers sit in 24th place in the table, currently 5 points behind us with a game in hand. Jake Buxton managed the team up until New Years Day but he was dismissed having only won 2 of his 27 games in charge. Along came former Cobblers and Brewers manager JFH and all of a sudden they've won 2 in three! New manager bounce there make no mistake.

Jimmy managed 33 wins from 54 games first time round before QPR came knocking for his services. An average spell there (13 wins in 47 games) before he left there and we took him on after 11 months out of the game. Again an average spell with us (10 wins in 42) before he was sacked.....and now he returns to his first employer.

After having a watching brief for the 5-1 home defeat by Oxford he took up the reigns and has overseen three 1-0 scorelines, two wins and a defeat. A win at Gillingham and a last minute win over Hull sandwiched that narrow loss at Ipswich. Seems like things have tightened up at both ends of the pitch as Burton's four previous games before the above sequenced of three yielded 23 goals, six for and 17 against. That win over Gillingham brought about their first clean sheet of the season in any competition.
So away from home that is the only win to date, they have five draws with Peterborough and Sunderland among them, and six league defeats. They also suffered a reverse at non-league Barnet in the FA Cup.

Seven players joined in the transfer window, including Josh Parker from Wycombe, Thomas Hamer from Oldham and the matchwinner against Hull Jonny Smith who has come in on loan from Bristol City. Former Cobbler Neal Eardley has joined Barrow on loan, with Charles Vernam making the switch to Bradford on deadline day.

Earlier in the season the Cobblers claimed a 3-1 win at the Pirelli, that went nicely alongside our 4-2 FA Cup win there last season. Head to Head in Burtons relatively short League career there have been 13 meetings between the sides, Burton have six wins and we have four. At Sixfields they hold the upper hand with 3 wins to two and one draw. Both our wins were by the score of 1-0, they have recorded two 3-2 wins on our patch.
The last meeting at Sixfields was back in October 2014 and resulted in a 2-1 Brewers win, former Cobbler Jacob Blyth scored one of their goals. The Cobblers side that day contained current Premier League player Enda Stephens and we had Ivan Toney up front.
That 3-1 win for us back in November saw Harry Smith score twice for us and Chris Lines came off the bench to score the other....neither of those two will feature this weekend for us! Kane Hemmings leads their scoring charts with eight goals, all in the league and he's followed by the scorer of their consolation that day Lucas Akins who has 7.

Scott Oldham is the whistler appointed for the game, I believe he was due to take charge of one of our two recent postponements.....anyway, he has not reffed us or Burton this season, his 18 games have yielded a relatively low 28 yellow cards and no reds, so on paper at least he looks to be a lenient ref. He oversaw our 2-0 win at Carlisle last season (booking Shaun McWilliams and Billy Waters), and also handled Burtons 4-3 win at Bolton and their 3-2 defeat at Lincoln. This will be his second visit to Sixfields, the other back in November 2018 saw us ease to a 2-0 win over Crewe. He only flashed one yellow that day.....to Shaun McWilliams!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/07, 2007/08, 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19 and 2023/24
guest3063

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2021, 17:14:57 pm »

James Oldham was the referee at Blackpool - I wonder if they're related?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: