The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 02:14:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Brady Bunch V Burton Albion Saturday 13th Feb

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Brady Bunch V Burton Albion Saturday 13th Feb  (Read 11402 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #260 on: February 14, 2021, 12:23:15 pm »

Got to enjoy the attempted wind up comments from Drilling last night  Grin good try Shane.

Grin

Not on a wind up son, I was semi p1ssed but hey ho...that was intended after watching that shower!!

Think about this for a minute. Brady spent 2 minutes roughly moaning about the  back pass decision. EVERYBODY could see it was a back pass, apart from one person. Our 'manager'. If that had been Curle he'd have been absolutely battered for that opinion, alone! His biggest critics have spent months (years) saying he speaks jibberish and in riddles, yet didn't pick up on Brady's absurd view point point. Not one tweet, not one mention on here, nothing...

They all say 'he's only had 3 days', not one of them picked him up for not making a single change for 83 minutes. Yet when Curle took 60 minutes to make a change 'it was always too late'. 'Cant utilise his subs' etc.

All I would like to see is a balance of view points. Thats it. You cant have it both ways. I tipped over on Tuesday night, and felt it the right time to make a change. I also supported the caretaker team who were put in charge, and still do...but on the basis that they are a caretaker team and we do not consider them for the job beyond the next week or so.

I also do not buy into writing this season off. We are one bloody point from safety. ONE. With 19 games to go. Yes we are pretty crap, well very crap. But so are 6 other teams. We just need to be slightly less crap than 4 of them between now and May, to stay in this division. Its a tough ask, a very tough ask, I accept that. The players we've brought in are not good enough for this division, but Im pretty certain if KC had had more money to spend he'd have brought in someone like Will Grigg (MK Dons) rather than Edmunson. Thats just logical. He has had to take punts across the board. That doesn't necessarily justify the ultra negative football we've played at times this season, and after 26 games Curle fell on his sword because that football will only be put up with if results are favourable.

People are suggesting that yesterday we showed green shoots of recovery, and had some good passages of play. Id argue that we played much much better only a week ago at one of the best sides in the division, created more chances as well as keeping a clean sheet. Wigan was the worst performance of the season, and to compare yesterdays performance with that one is utterly stupid. I compare yesterdays performance versus the 'general performance' I've seen this season, and my conclusion was it was no better, in fact (15 minutes aside) it was worse than the average fair. Do I blame Brady for that? No I don't. But I also will not credit him for 'trying to play on the front foot' because we spent 97 minutes or whatever it was with only one striker on the pitch, and only managed to have two shots on target, one of which was powder puff.  Ill be fair as well; we hit the bar from distance, so lets say 3 decent efforts...

On the flip side, against the worst placed team in the division managed by the ever excellent JFH, we conceded two goals, should have had a penalty awarded against us, and also had our own goal protected by the woodwork.

Anyway; thats my view. I've got the day off tomorrow so Ill have a few more beers later, some decent food and a bit of a jolly in my living room. Enjoy the day, hope to see you and the rest of us some time soon so we can all moan and debate in the flesh rather than being internet warriors!!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #261 on: February 14, 2021, 12:55:02 pm »

Grin

Think about this for a minute. Brady spent 2 minutes roughly moaning about the  back pass decision. EVERYBODY could see it was a back pass, apart from one person. Our 'manager'.

I don't think it was a clear backpass as Bolger mis*** the ball and may have been trying to put it out of play. Whatever the case, and regardless of what you think of Brady or the overall performance, the truth is that I've seen similar "backpasses" several times this season and that's the only time a ref has blown up. They usually simply don't do it, unless it's absolutely blatant, which this wasn't. So I think Brady was right to complain. The truth is, that, regardless of the performances you need a bit of luck when you're down there and with a disallowed goal, the woodwork and a dodgy decision against us, we're not getting it at the moment. And that goal clearly knocked the stuffing out of the team. Our disallowed goal gets given and the ref doesn't give the backpass decision and we may have won and we'd all be singing Brady's praises today.

We need to be a lot better and I'm as frustrated as anyone by our wretched form but nothing's been going our way either and sometimes (like yesterday) that's the only difference between the two teams.
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #262 on: February 14, 2021, 13:09:28 pm »

Drilling, if you look back 2 or 3 pages you will find that I mentioned Brady's ridiculous assertion that Mitchell was not to blame as it was not a back pass. It does not matter if the ball came off Bolger's foot, shin, knee or thigh and I believe most referees would have given it. If it had been the Burton 'keeper and he had not been pulled up for it we would be questioning how it had not been given.
I agree with you that our performance at Accrington was better than yesterday but in both games we rarely troubled the 'keepers. Yesterday was a slight improvement compared to the Wigan game, it could hardly have been worse, but we are going to need to improve considerably to gey out of this mess.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #263 on: February 14, 2021, 13:17:24 pm »

I don't think it was a clear backpass as Bolger mis*** the ball and may have been trying to put it out of play. Whatever the case, and regardless of what you think of Brady or the overall performance, the truth is that I've seen similar "backpasses" several times this season and that's the only time a ref has blown up. They usually simply don't do it, unless it's absolutely blatant, which this wasn't. So I think Brady was right to complain. The truth is, that, regardless of the performances you need a bit of luck when you're down there and with a disallowed goal, the woodwork and a dodgy decision against us, we're not getting it at the moment. And that goal clearly knocked the stuffing out of the team. Our disallowed goal gets given and the ref doesn't give the backpass decision and we may have won and we'd all be singing Brady's praises today.

We need to be a lot better and I'm as frustrated as anyone by our wretched form but nothing's been going our way either and sometimes (like yesterday) that's the only difference between the two teams.

IMO very Claret eyed view.
I always attempt to give the benefit of the doubt to the defending team in situations like that however, even I would have considered that a 100% back pass. It didn't necessarily go where he wanted it to because it was off his shin but the intention was to give it back to his keeper.
If he was intending to put it in Row Z, he would have put his foot through it, not 'guided it' the way he did.

I'd like to see the other "similar 'back-passes' several times this season" that you've seen that haven't been given.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #264 on: February 14, 2021, 13:46:00 pm »

I've seen more blatant back passes got away with but, the point I would make about the ref is, if EVER we are winning a game, I'd like him to be the ref because there was some shockingly bad time wasting by Burton but he never said a word or added the time on. Maybe he knew, like the rest of us, that we weren't going to score !
Constant pushes and niggles from Burton all through the game. Whilst many of these resulted in free kicks, nothing else was done in the way of yellow cards to address cumlative fouls. The fouls continually broke up play and momentum - and Burton knew that, getting away with virtual impunity.
Shocking refereeing, it not right up there with the Charlie Brakespear's of the world!
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #265 on: February 14, 2021, 15:41:16 pm »

IMO very Claret eyed view.
I always attempt to give the benefit of the doubt to the defending team in situations like that however, even I would have considered that a 100% back pass. It didn't necessarily go where he wanted it to because it was off his shin but the intention was to give it back to his keeper.
If he was intending to put it in Row Z, he would have put his foot through it, not 'guided it' the way he did.

I'd like to see the other "similar 'back-passes' several times this season" that you've seen that haven't been given.

Sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me. You say it didn't go where he wanted it to because it went off his shin and then you say he tried to pass to the keeper. But that would mean the ball went away from the keeper not straight to him, which is what happened. You then say he "guided" it which isn't exactly consistent with not going where he wanted it too either. Were you reffing the game by any chance?

Can't tell you about the other back passes I'm afraid as my memory isn't that good, but when I see them they stand out precisely because the ref never seems to give the free kick.

Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: February 14, 2021, 15:49:23 pm »

Sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me. You say it didn't go where he wanted it to because it went off his shin and then you say he tried to pass to the keeper. But that would mean the ball went away from the keeper not straight to him, which is what happened. You then say he "guided" it which isn't exactly consistent with not going where he wanted it too either. Were you reffing the game by any chance?

Can't tell you about the other back passes I'm afraid as my memory isn't that good, but when I see them they stand out precisely because the ref never seems to give the free kick.

His intention was to give it to the keeper, the way he presented it to the keeper wasn't the way he intended because it came off of his shin pad.
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #267 on: February 14, 2021, 16:00:51 pm »

Grin

Not on a wind up son, I was semi p1ssed but hey ho...that was intended after watching that shower!!

Think about this for a minute. Brady spent 2 minutes roughly moaning about the  back pass decision. EVERYBODY could see it was a back pass, apart from one person. Our 'manager'. If that had been Curle he'd have been absolutely battered for that opinion, alone! His biggest critics have spent months (years) saying he speaks jibberish and in riddles, yet didn't pick up on Brady's absurd view point point. Not one tweet, not one mention on here, nothing...

They all say 'he's only had 3 days', not one of them picked him up for not making a single change for 83 minutes. Yet when Curle took 60 minutes to make a change 'it was always too late'. 'Cant utilise his subs' etc.

All I would like to see is a balance of view points. Thats it. You cant have it both ways. I tipped over on Tuesday night, and felt it the right time to make a change. I also supported the caretaker team who were put in charge, and still do...but on the basis that they are a caretaker team and we do not consider them for the job beyond the next week or so.

I also do not buy into writing this season off. We are one bloody point from safety. ONE. With 19 games to go. Yes we are pretty crap, well very crap. But so are 6 other teams. We just need to be slightly less crap than 4 of them between now and May, to stay in this division. Its a tough ask, a very tough ask, I accept that. The players we've brought in are not good enough for this division, but Im pretty certain if KC had had more money to spend he'd have brought in someone like Will Grigg (MK Dons) rather than Edmunson. Thats just logical. He has had to take punts across the board. That doesn't necessarily justify the ultra negative football we've played at times this season, and after 26 games Curle fell on his sword because that football will only be put up with if results are favourable.

People are suggesting that yesterday we showed green shoots of recovery, and had some good passages of play. Id argue that we played much much better only a week ago at one of the best sides in the division, created more chances as well as keeping a clean sheet. Wigan was the worst performance of the season, and to compare yesterdays performance with that one is utterly stupid. I compare yesterdays performance versus the 'general performance' I've seen this season, and my conclusion was it was no better, in fact (15 minutes aside) it was worse than the average fair. Do I blame Brady for that? No I don't. But I also will not credit him for 'trying to play on the front foot' because we spent 97 minutes or whatever it was with only one striker on the pitch, and only managed to have two shots on target, one of which was powder puff.  Ill be fair as well; we hit the bar from distance, so lets say 3 decent efforts...

On the flip side, against the worst placed team in the division managed by the ever excellent JFH, we conceded two goals, should have had a penalty awarded against us, and also had our own goal protected by the woodwork.

Anyway; thats my view. I've got the day off tomorrow so Ill have a few more beers later, some decent food and a bit of a jolly in my living room. Enjoy the day, hope to see you and the rest of us some time soon so we can all moan and debate in the flesh rather than being internet warriors!!!  Grin

Haha yeah I did clock you may have us a few.

For the record I’m also with you about the lack of substitutions until the 83rd minute. I think playing style was clearly better with players seemingly enjoying themselves more, but this is definitely not the answer long term.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
tcobb

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: February 14, 2021, 16:50:21 pm »

I'm with Drilling, Brady was very quick to blame the referee ,it was a defensive error, from both players, the defender who could have cleared it, and the goal keeper who could have done exactly the same without picking the ball up. Also why not change the game with substitutes ? We were at home and needed the 3 points, but happy not to change the game. I know the recruitment at the Club has left a lot to be desired over the past few seasons, but to not utilise subs is a basic error.
Hopefully  KT can sort out a decent up and coming manager and finally sort out the recruitment problems this Club has.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3338

« Reply #269 on: February 14, 2021, 17:33:06 pm »

Haha yeah I did clock you may have us a few.

For the record I’m also with you about the lack of substitutions until the 83rd minute. I think playing style was clearly better with players seemingly enjoying themselves more, but this is definitely not the answer long term.
Bradys first game in charge and maybe his last.
I'm going to assume he picked his strongest starting eleven and put whoever else was left and fit on the bench.
That's Edmondson, Chuk, Horsefall, Arnold, Harriman, Sowerby, Korboa.
With the exception of Chuks who Brady knows more about than any of us, which of those other does anyone think might have made a positive impact if bought on, be it at halftime or 83 mins?
Maybe if Adams or Holmes or even Smith had still been at the club he might have made changes earlier?

Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #270 on: February 14, 2021, 17:44:58 pm »

I'm with Drilling, Brady was very quick to blame the referee ,it was a defensive error, from both players, the defender who could have cleared it, and the goal keeper who could have done exactly the same without picking the ball up. Also why not change the game with substitutes ? We were at home and needed the 3 points, but happy not to change the game. I know the recruitment at the Club has left a lot to be desired over the past few seasons, but to not utilise subs is a basic error.
Hopefully  KT can sort out a decent up and coming manager and finally sort out the recruitment problems this Club has.

Both recruitment manager Simon Tracy & Dan Watson signed new two year contracts last Summer so looks like they ain't going anywhere anytime soon, unless KC gets another gig and takes them with him...

No idea why it wasn't stipulated in their contracts that if KC is sacked then their contracts become null & void as new managers usually want to bring in their own coaches/scouts

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/july/back_room_staff/

« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 17:53:52 pm by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #271 on: February 14, 2021, 17:48:59 pm »

Both recruitment manager Simon Tracy & Dan Watson signed new two year contracts last Summer so looks like they ain't going anywhere anytime soon, unless KC gets another gig and takes them with him...

No idea why it wasn't stipulated in their contracts that if KC is sacked then their contracts become null & void as new managers usually want to bring in their own coaches/scouts

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/20202/july/back_room_staff/

So did Colin West but he's gone.
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #272 on: February 14, 2021, 17:53:12 pm »

So did Colin West but he's gone.

Yes, hence why I didn't mention Colin West
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #273 on: February 14, 2021, 18:10:57 pm »

The team selected and formation started the game well, there was a lot more pass and move than we are used to seeing. For 25 minutes we were as JFH said much the better team and with just a little luck could have been winning.
Unfortunately this is exactly what relegation candidates often do, when there is no reward for their efforts or they concede then their heads drop, along with the energy levels.
A goal or two in that early spell would have made such a difference to the confidence of the side. Instead Burton slowly gained the upper hand without threatening our goal. The Cobblers did improve again in the middle of the second half but were killed off by Burton scoring.
Free kicks are rarely given for passes back to the keeper these days so we may have been unlucky even if it was a deliberate pass. Every other time Bolger had the ball he launched it seventy yards up field, if he did delicately lob it into Mitchell's hands with his shin then he's a much better player than I thought he was!
Report Spam   Logged
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #274 on: February 14, 2021, 19:25:59 pm »

I think Brady came out and defended Bolger and Mitchell was to not throw them under the bus, their confidence must be shot to pieces as it is without their new boss slating them on the radio , anything like that should be kept in house for the bollokings
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #275 on: February 14, 2021, 19:38:25 pm »

I think Brady came out and defended Bolger and Mitchell was to not throw them under the bus, their confidence must be shot to pieces as it is without their new boss slating them on the radio , anything like that should be kept in house for the bollokings

bless 'em x
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #276 on: February 14, 2021, 19:58:36 pm »

I tell you what I don’t get is how Thomas gets away with little or no criticism, he’s the man in charge, I’m not say it’s all his fault but some of the blame HAS to lie with him.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3086

« Reply #277 on: February 14, 2021, 20:32:38 pm »

and after 26 games Curle fell on his sword

Yeah, but he didn't though, did he?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #278 on: February 14, 2021, 20:38:36 pm »

I tell you what I don’t get is how Thomas gets away with little or no criticism, he’s the man in charge, I’m not say it’s all his fault but some of the blame HAS to lie with him.

KT is like a poor salesman. He thinks he is the bee's knees but, in actuality, he lacks a sting and should buzz off.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #279 on: February 15, 2021, 11:38:02 am »

The players we've brought in are not good enough for this division, but Im pretty certain if KC had had more money to spend he'd have brought in someone like Will Grigg (MK Dons) rather than Edmunson. Thats just logical. He has had to take punts across the board.

Just double checking you mean Edmondson here?

The guy that KC confirmed as his first choice target, a striker that he has been tracking for over two years and tried to sign in the summer...

He is no improvement on Smith and possibly even BAS, which says a lot.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: