The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 19:40:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Home against the Dale on Tuesday night 23.02.21

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home against the Dale on Tuesday night 23.02.21  (Read 8071 times)
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #160 on: February 23, 2021, 21:34:36 pm »

Genuine question, does anyone think the management team are getting the best out of this squad? Edmondson is a young player who has had the confidence ground out of him. I’m sure he has potential but at the moment that’s not enough for me he would currently be my third choice striker at least. That aside I believe Brady is getting the best out of this squad myself? What we are seeing is a result of the decision making that took place in response to the pandemic in the summer. Currently 3 players short of guaranteed safety IMO. That’s striker, midfield general and centre half of similar standing to Sheehan? Our fate was probably sealed sometime last July when other league one clubs seemingly took the decision to continue spending and comparatively we didn’t? I know KT is getting a hammering but his revelation that they are going to lose 3 million this season can’t be ignored can it?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3338

« Reply #161 on: February 23, 2021, 21:39:41 pm »

Well, the post seems sarcastic, but that first point seems like it's pretty sensible and obvious? Miller was never going to play 90, he'd only played 20 minutes in the match before.
Not sure if you heard the interview but Bradys full point was that he wasnt allowed to play Miller for more than 45 minutes, and that things had changed from the days when being fit meant being fit (and therefore able to play the full 90 mins).
Physiologically, I dont understand why if his hamstring is healed he would be at more risk of pulling it again if he played beyond 45 minutes. I would have thought there's less chance of tearing a hamstring as the game progresses and you tire and slow.
The other one was that Dale only had one clear chance to our six. Questionable I'd say.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #162 on: February 23, 2021, 21:42:51 pm »

Not sure if you heard the interview but Bradys full point was that he wasnt allowed to play Miller for more than 45 minutes, and that things had changed from the days when being fit meant being fit (and therefore able to play the full 90 mins).
Physiologically, I dont understand why if his hamstring is healed he would be at more risk of pulling it again if he played beyond 45 minutes. I would have thought there's less chance of tearing a hamstring as the game progresses and you tire and slow.
The other one was that Dale only had one clear chance to our six. Questionable I'd say.

Yes think they had at least three clear-ish chances?

It was a poor game though and I drifted off a couple of times!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #163 on: February 23, 2021, 21:47:49 pm »

Genuine question, does anyone think the management team are getting the best out of this squad? Edmondson is a young player who has had the confidence ground out of him. I’m sure he has potential but at the moment that’s not enough for me he would currently be my third choice striker at least. That aside I believe Brady is getting the best out of this squad myself? What we are seeing is a result of the decision making that took place in response to the pandemic in the summer. Currently 3 players short of guaranteed safety IMO. That’s striker, midfield general and centre half of similar standing to Sheehan? Our fate was probably sealed sometime last July when other league one clubs seemingly took the decision to continue spending and comparatively we didn’t? I know KT is getting a hammering but his revelation that they are going to lose 3 million this season can’t be ignored can it?

He said income would be down £3m, he didn't mention the increased solidarity money, the increased TV deal money, the income from IFollow, the wage budget cut, the savings on matchday costs and he certainly didn't mention the £1m windfall from the sale of Charlie Goode.

If we really are going to "lose" £3m this year then perhaps he needs to take a bigger look at the whole business model and his part in it. Also, he says it like we are the only ones in that boat. Stands to reason that every club is going to lose money, however some have speculated and may actually end up losing more money as a result, others have speculated and will lose less than they might have done. We just played it straight down the middle.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3338

« Reply #164 on: February 23, 2021, 21:49:25 pm »

Probably not the best, but theyve had precious little time. Curle had months and didnt get as much out of them as Brady is.
Unfortunately if we want to make a fist of what's left of the season time is not something we have a lot of.
Do we write the season off and give Brady the job until the summer or do we employ a manager with a track record? If it's the later what happens if he takes over and this season gets no better or gets worse? Thats not really going to set us up very well for August.
If I were KT I'd be tempted to stick with Brady and re assess in the summer.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #165 on: February 23, 2021, 21:50:23 pm »

He said income would be down £3m, he didn't mention the increased solidarity money, the increased TV deal money, the income from IFollow, the wage budget cut, the savings on matchday costs and he certainly didn't mention the £1m windfall from the sale of Charlie Goode.

If we really are going to "lose" £3m this year then perhaps he needs to take a bigger look at the whole business model and his part in it. Also, he says it like we are the only ones in that boat. Stands to reason that every club is going to lose money, however some have speculated and may actually end up losing more money as a result, others have speculated and will lose less than they might have done. We just played it straight down the middle.

We've got no money. Never have done and never will do. Even when we thought we did, it was too good to be true.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #166 on: February 23, 2021, 21:51:49 pm »

Lots of huffing and puffing on here from various Captain Clueless candidates but i haven’t read one comment that suggests anything sensible done anything differently .
Players didn’t take their chances - not the manager’s fault .
He has changed the formation ; he has installed confidence and belief ; he has enabled the team to create chances ; he has played largely entertaining football ; he has played round pegs in round holes ; he has picked sides most would agree with ...,
Ok maybe the 4 goal this season man Rose should have come on earlier and seen if he could do what he has failed to do since he got here or tonight might have been the night Chuck showed what his dad thinks is brilliant about him .... but i doubt it .
Let’s hear one suggestion from keyboard Peps that would have changed things beyond doubt .
Or maybe i won’t wait up after all
I really want the Brady Bunch to be successful but tonight, second half was really poor.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3355

« Reply #167 on: February 23, 2021, 21:56:05 pm »

KT waited too long to make the change.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #168 on: February 23, 2021, 21:57:35 pm »

I really want the Brady Bunch to be successful but tonight, second half was really poor.

What was poor was they didnt know how to play the wind. Dale were much better at that in both halves.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #169 on: February 23, 2021, 22:00:22 pm »

Spot on it’s about time people wised up to Thomas, we can’t keep going through managers at some point you’ve got to look at the man at the top, his commitment, his level of backing and his motives for being here.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #170 on: February 23, 2021, 22:01:46 pm »

We were done a long time ago, this squad has no goals in it. None of the players goal totals this season has been a particular surprise for me
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 23, 2021, 22:07:11 pm »

Probably not the best, but theyve had precious little time. Curle had months and didnt get as much out of them as Brady is.
Unfortunately if we want to make a fist of what's left of the season time is not something we have a lot of.
Do we write the season off and give Brady the job until the summer or do we employ a manager with a track record? If it's the later what happens if he takes over and this season gets no better or gets worse? Thats not really going to set us up very well for August.
If I were KT I'd be tempted to stick with Brady and re assess in the summer.

I don't know if "writing the season off" is a bit extreme at this stage. It looks like, and it has for a while that four from seven teams will go down, we are one of the seven and the other six are not pulling up any trees. Its actually bottom club Burton who are the form side of the seven, but coming from a long way back they're still down there at the moment.

With 16 games to go its a bit early to say that we're going down, because we are still at the point where one win gets us back out of the bottom four. What I guess i'm trying to say is that KT probably doesn't see the urgency of the situation yet. His overriding reason for getting shot of Curle seemed to be the fact we weren't scoring goals and were providing pretty much zero entertainment. This after giving him what the club said was a decent budget to work with in January.

Brady has not been afforded such luxuries yet, although longer term i'd worry that he was the right man to "manage" a football club......"coach" a football team yes, but manage a football club? Not so sure.

I just don't see what options there are out there. As i've said earlier I don't think that the untried inexperienced non-league option is the right way forward, so that leaves us with an old head type of manager to bring in until the end of the season and keep us up.....if KT is really bothered about keeping us up.

Significant investment will be needed if we stay up, and weigh that up against big losses this season and a large chunk of next seasons season ticket income needing to be discounted and wiped off to reward the loyalty of fans this season.

If you were (our) chairman what would you do? Approach the money man for yet another wad of cash and hope to remain in this division, or go down and cut budgets, take stock and bring the land sales and redevelopment a year nearer?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 22:09:24 pm by GrangeParkCobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #172 on: February 23, 2021, 22:07:28 pm »

Lots of huffing and puffing on here from various Captain Clueless candidates but i haven’t read one comment that suggests anything sensible done anything differently .
He has changed the formation ; he has installed confidence and belief ; he has enabled the team to create chances ; he has played largely entertaining football ; he has played round pegs in round holes ; he has picked sides most would agree with ...,
Ok maybe the 4 goal this season man Rose should have come on earlier and seen if he could do what he has failed to do since he got here or tonight might have been the night Chuck showed what his dad thinks is brilliant about him .... but i doubt it .
Let’s hear one suggestion from keyboard Peps that would have changed things beyond doubt .

So; Do you think we played well tonight?
Do you think Brady can keep us up?
Have we got any decent strikers?
Were any of  the substitutions sensible or make a difference?
Do you think playing 1 up front at home in a game we must win is a good idea?
Do you think Edmonson led the line well?
Do you think it's good enough to be pleased with a point at home to Rochdale?
As I said earlier, this was the Brady bunches big chance tonight and he/they blew it. I suppose a point is better than none, but with
games at Hull, Peterborough, Sunderland etc coming up we have to win games against teams around us and we've failed to beat any of the last 3 we've played or scored against any of them.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 06:28:55 am by Deepcut Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 23, 2021, 22:12:15 pm »

We were done a long time ago, this squad has no goals in it. None of the players goal totals this season has been a particular surprise for me

Quite staggering that the player with the best minutes per goal ratio for us in the league this season is Chris Lines!! Second to him is Matt Warburton.

Doesn't say much about the rest of them does it?
Report Spam   Logged

Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2021, 22:14:25 pm »

Spot on it’s about time people wised up to Thomas, we can’t keep going through managers at some point you’ve got to look at the man at the top, his commitment, his level of backing and his motives for being here.

What football league club doesn’t go through managers? there can’t be many. I don’t particularly have any feeling about KT but I’ve seen nothing to suggest he supports managers comparative to the size and revenues of the club noticeably less than most other teams. Only he knows his motives but it’s safe to say anyone with any business knowledge and wanting to make money would have been insane to invest in Northampton Town.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2021, 22:17:15 pm »

It’s amazing how quickly a 4-3-3 becomes a 4-5-1 when you want to knock the manager for not being attacking enough.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #176 on: February 23, 2021, 22:28:14 pm »

Must admit after the performance against MK I thought there might have been some more football and certainly more goal mouth action. It was in the end a bore draw. It least we did not lose and a win on Saturday might still propel us up the league Shocked I don't think we played badly;  Rochdale looked no better than us. Surprised that Rose did not come on until near the match end. TBH thought that the tactics and display were very reminiscent of Curles displays. Can we survive? Thanks to the 6/7 teams fellow stragglers we are not yet cast adrift. I think the secret of survival is hard work, determination and the will to survive; not too much fancy dan football as we simply have not got the players to play in that manner! There is enough talent - albeit on the moderate side to fight our way out of trouble. Also some of the fans need to hold their cool and nerve - Snowflakes may not enjoy the ride!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 23, 2021, 22:35:38 pm »

Have a suspicion that your personal Brady and Co Bubble may have gone awol tonight!
Report Spam   Logged

everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: February 23, 2021, 22:42:54 pm »

Well, pick the bones out of Brady's post match interview.....

https://www.ntfc.co.uk/news/2021/february/16_2021_h_reaction/?fbclid=IwAR3osbxObCVfWbz64vNXgvqgA-msGR9CV2PvuV-6giJWFdJU9GJign4Dcl4

They took a risk with Miller and had decided pre-game to only play him for 45 minutes as any more and his hamstring might have gone??

They managed the game well at the end to make sure we got a point.

Ryan Edmondson led the line really well.

Wow!!

Ryan Edmondson led the line really well.... I thought so too; not a lot up their with him!
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #179 on: February 23, 2021, 23:23:40 pm »

Well that’s the question isn’t it GPC, what is the business model? IMO there isn’t one and never was, at least a sensible one anyway? It looks like an expensive hobby to me? If it’s make money off a land deal that may or may not come to fruition involving a burnt council in the middle of a fraud investigation whilst pumping millions in over 5 or 6 years it’s rubbish? On a separate note, if you’re battening down the hatches due to Covid then batten them down and take the hit? This has now gone down the middle as you say which is again rubbish? TBF I’m looking at it with limited access to the information but the decision making generally from the top has been generally, er, rubbish? Where I would disagree with people is that I personally think there has been commitment and backing, just not a lot of decent decision making?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: