The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 10:38:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Home against the Dale on Tuesday night 23.02.21

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home against the Dale on Tuesday night 23.02.21  (Read 8060 times)
observer1

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #180 on: February 23, 2021, 23:48:44 pm »

TBH thought that the tactics and display were very reminiscent of Curles displays.
Oh come on. I understand the temptation to overreact because it's yet another game without a win and yet another game where we haven't scored, but nobody could legitimately argue we don't (already) look a better footballing outfit under Brady.

It wasn't a great game tonight; a combination of the pitch, the conditions and some inevitable hangover from Saturday's game. And there were still some gaping holes in our defense at times, which need fixing asap if we are to stand any chance at all. But let's have it right to quote our old friend Buchs, we moved the ball better and more purposefully than we had done all season under Curle. And whilst the execution wasn't there, you could at least see the method behind what we were trying to do for the most part. Players were in positions they were happy and comfortable and weren't running round like headless chickens trying to get on the end of endless aerial balls.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3419

« Reply #181 on: February 24, 2021, 04:43:49 am »

Can we have more realism in the posts.

Paul Cook would not come to Northampton. He interested Cardiff and will end up somewhere like Ipswich.

The clamour for 4 goal Rose to come on earlier.....do you think he would be a major difference?......he has not yet!

The Brady bunch have improved the football of the team and could, with a bit more fortune, had better results BUT there is only so much polishing of the t+rd a manager can do!

Yes critisize KT's errors but nobody has a sustainable alternative. He has financed a form of continuity. If somebody was interested in buying the club they have had enough years to have stepped forward.

One thing KT MUST do before he asks for season ticket money is to layout what  plans he has, after April 1st, with the new West Northamptonshire Council.
Cobblers fans have been amazingly patient and deserve to be included in the future plans for NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #182 on: February 24, 2021, 05:36:27 am »

Lots of huffing and puffing on here from various Captain Clueless candidates but i haven’t read one comment that suggests anything sensible done anything differently .
Players didn’t take their chances - not the manager’s fault .
He has changed the formation ; he has installed confidence and belief ; he has enabled the team to create chances ; he has played largely entertaining football ; he has played round pegs in round holes ; he has picked sides most would agree with ...,
Ok maybe the 4 goal this season man Rose should have come on earlier and seen if he could do what he has failed to do since he got here or tonight might have been the night Chuck showed what his dad thinks is brilliant about him .... but i doubt it .
Let’s hear one suggestion from keyboard Peps that would have changed things beyond doubt .
Or maybe i won’t wait up after all.

So; Do you think we played well tonight?
Do you think Brady can keep us up?
Have we got any decent strikers?
Were any of  the substitutions sensible or make a difference?
Do you think playing 1 up front at home in a game we must win is a good idea?
Do you think Edmonson led the line well?
Do you think it's good enough to be pleased with a point at home to Rochdale?
As I said earlier, this was the Brady bunches big chance tonight and he/they blew it. I suppose a point is better than none, but with
games at Hull, Peterborough, Sunderland etc coming up we have to win games against teams around us and we've failed to beat any of the last 3 we've played or scored against any of them.

And to repeat ...
plenty of Captain Cluelesses on here that have absolutely no alternatives to suggest in how to do things differently except errrrrr “ play Rose “ .... errrrr “ don’t bring on hoskins “ ..... err “ play 3 up front and see if they might get a goal and double their tally for the season”  .... errr “ put rico on “
What exactly do you want the management team to do differently with this squad that is going to make a difference ? They are trying everything they can .
They are playing the best team available in the pitch , installing confidence and creating chances .
Was there anything you might have picked up doing your UEFA licences they have missed ?
i will let you and the others have a little think and then put it on a postcard addressed to Sixfields .

Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #183 on: February 24, 2021, 06:31:50 am »

I'm still in favour of giving Brady the job. Not to make excuses for him but the wind ruined the game as a spectacle last night (and yes, it did effect both sides). Rochdale struggled playing against it in the first half and we struggled against it in the second half.

There's a certain irony that a Curle team would probably have fared better in last night's match because their gameplan didn't involve trying to pass the ball to each other anyway!!

I would say we didn't adapt well enough to the conditions in the second half, particularly when kicking out from the back though.  I do think it's odd though that some people were criticising the game management against MK when making changes to chase the win left us exposed when trying to hang onto the lead once we had it but now Brady is being criticised for being too conservative at the end. I know it's annoying when we don't win but I think there's a learning curve there that we have to make allowances for.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #184 on: February 24, 2021, 06:37:32 am »

And to repeat ...
plenty of Captain Cluelesses on here that have absolutely no alternatives to suggest in how to do things differently except errrrrr “ play Rose “ .... errrrr “ don’t bring on hoskins “ ..... err “ play 3 up front and see if they might get a goal and double their tally for the season”  .... errr “ put rico on “
What exactly do you want the management team to do differently with this squad that is going to make a difference ? They are trying everything they can .
They are playing the best team available in the pitch , installing confidence and creating chances .
Was there anything you might have picked up doing your UEFA licences they have missed ?
i will let you and the others have a little think and then put it on a postcard addressed to Sixfields .

If everyone knew what they were talking about, we wouldn't have a message board... Wink Grin
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
guest3355

« Reply #185 on: February 24, 2021, 07:15:21 am »

I'm absolutely amazed that so many people are backing Brady so much.

We've been here before! Talk about a football club going in cycles, the fan base does too.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #186 on: February 24, 2021, 07:28:32 am »

And to repeat ...

Curle managed to scrape 24 points from 26 games....Brady 2 from 12....both comfortably taking us towards the drop.
Something has to change because if it doesn't before the end of the season, we go down and keep Brady then they won't need to worry about opening the ground again.
Can't see KT opening his cheque book again for anyone who isn't capable of keeping this team in league one. It's almost as though people are suggesting that Curle was over performing with the players he'd assembled if they are that bad! If the climate was different I'm sure Brady would have gone already.
The biggest straw to cling to is that we muster a win, it massively boosts confidence and we go on a mini run.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #187 on: February 24, 2021, 07:40:29 am »

Can we have more realism in the posts.

Paul Cook would not come to Northampton. He interested Cardiff and will end up somewhere like Ipswich.

The clamour for 4 goal Rose to come on earlier.....do you think he would be a major difference?......he has not yet!

The Brady bunch have improved the football of the team and could, with a bit more fortune, had better results BUT there is only so much polishing of the t+rd a manager can do!

Yes critisize KT's errors but nobody has a sustainable alternative. He has financed a form of continuity. If somebody was interested in buying the club they have had enough years to have stepped forward.

One thing KT MUST do before he asks for season ticket money is to layout what  plans he has, after April 1st, with the new West Northamptonshire Council.
Cobblers fans have been amazingly patient and deserve to be included in the future plans for NTFC.

+1
Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #188 on: February 24, 2021, 07:46:43 am »

we had a mid table league 2 team in a terrible run of form, that by default snuck into the play offs - we were superb in 2 games and got promoted - we simply weren't prepared for it.

our strength was our back 3 - which hasn't been replaced - KC's 1st 2 choices currently aren't in the team.

we have no creative midfielders and no proven goalscorers in the squad - the recruitment was terrible from the off this season, and then again in january - whether that is down to KC, budget or both, who knows!?!?

either way, we have improved our style of play under brady, but we have failed to score in 3 of those 4 games, with only 1 goal from open play - there is nothing in this squad that would threaten any other team in the league - we just wont score enough goals with the attacking players we have.

which sadly, means we will go down - so it doesnt matter if its brady or anyone else.

they either somehow get lucky with an out of contract striker or 2 - or they throw the young guns in and hope for the best.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #189 on: February 24, 2021, 07:55:59 am »

our strength was our back 3 - which hasn't been replaced

We also managed to bring in a great striker on loan which also helped bring out the best in the other, as well as being so threatening on set pieces.
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #190 on: February 24, 2021, 08:37:08 am »

Curle managed to scrape 24 points from 26 games....Brady 2 from 12....both comfortably taking us towards the drop.
Something has to change because if it doesn't before the end of the season, we go down and keep Brady then they won't need to worry about opening the ground again.
Can't see KT opening his cheque book again for anyone who isn't capable of keeping this team in league one. It's almost as though people are suggesting that Curle was over performing with the players he'd assembled if they are that bad! If the climate was different I'm sure Brady would have gone already.
The biggest straw to cling to is that we muster a win, it massively boosts confidence and we go on a mini run.

Its amazing to me how people will manipulate statistics to prove a pre-determined point or make them look better/worse. You can't switch between points and games when trying to compare performance. it should be:

24 points from 26 games....Brady 2 from 4 games
or
24 points from 78 Points....Brady 2 from 12 points
Report Spam   Logged
rebelspawn

View Profile
Search Eighth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #191 on: February 24, 2021, 08:38:53 am »

Quite staggering that the player with the best minutes per goal ratio for us in the league this season is Chris Lines!! Second to him is Matt Warburton.

Doesn't say much about the rest of them does it?

I think that says more about the relevance of sample sizes in statistics to be fair
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #192 on: February 24, 2021, 08:53:28 am »

hang on a minute .... they are Curle’s players that he had been working with and supposedly developing over the whole of his tenure!
JB has had them nearly two weeks and didn’t choose any of them as his players to fit his philosophy .
Give JB 26 games with some of his own players and then do your comparison .
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #193 on: February 24, 2021, 09:05:00 am »

KT could have sold the club numerous times if he asked a sensible price for it, no one will pay £3M for a club with no assets . Also the Cobblers fans never have and never will be included in KT's future plans for NTFC.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #194 on: February 24, 2021, 09:06:00 am »

Quote from: Shoemender on Yesterday at 23:07:28

Lots of huffing and puffing on here from various Captain Clueless candidates but i haven’t read one comment that suggests anything sensible done anything differently .
Players didn’t take their chances - not the manager’s fault .
He has changed the formation ; he has installed confidence and belief ; he has enabled the team to create chances ; he has played largely entertaining football ; he has played round pegs in round holes ; he has picked sides most would agree with ...,
Ok maybe the 4 goal this season man Rose should have come on earlier and seen if he could do what he has failed to do since he got here or tonight might have been the night Chuck showed what his dad thinks is brilliant about him .... but i doubt it .
Let’s hear one suggestion from keyboard Peps that would have changed things beyond doubt .
Or maybe i won’t wait up after all.

So; Do you think we played well tonight?
Do you think Brady can keep us up?
Have we got any decent strikers?
Were any of  the substitutions sensible or make a difference?
Do you think playing 1 up front at home in a game we must win is a good idea?
Do you think Edmonson led the line well?
Do you think it's good enough to be pleased with a point at home to Rochdale?
As I said earlier, this was the Brady bunches big chance tonight and he/they blew it. I suppose a point is better than none, but with
games at Hull, Peterborough, Sunderland etc coming up we have to win games against teams around us and we've failed to beat any of the last 3 we've played or scored against any of them.

And to repeat ...
i will let you and the others have a little think and then put it on a postcard addressed to Sixfields

You need to get off yours/Bradys high horse. Are you related to or mates with him?
Since when do you need UEFA coaching f badges to post opinions, facts, questions on a message board?
I would love "The Brady Bunch" to succeed but time is running out. I don't know who would be the best choice,
nobody does, my choice would be Paul Cook, but I can't realistically imagine him coming here, but we need
someone who can polish the turd a lot better than it's being polished at the moment.Although I agree there has
 been a marked  improvement of late, results haven't changed and the fact that we've scored 4 goals all year, none at
home,,suggests to me we have serious problems.
P.S. You didn't answer any of my questions.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #195 on: February 24, 2021, 10:00:37 am »

hang on a minute .... they are Curle’s players that he had been working with and supposedly developing over the whole of his tenure!
JB has had them nearly two weeks and didn’t choose any of them as his players to fit his philosophy .
Give JB 26 games with some of his own players and then do your comparison .

It doesn't matter how the stats are spun and manipulated, neither KC or JB have good ones. Like it or not, JB isn't going to get "his own players", nor will any manager coming in any time soon. If JB didn't think they were he wouldn't have stepped into the role, you'd be on a hiding to nothing.
I don't buy it that the current crop aren't capable of staying up. Like I said, hopefully we get that win and go on a run. 
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #196 on: February 24, 2021, 10:26:07 am »

The best chance we have of staying up is with Jon Brady.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #197 on: February 24, 2021, 10:26:16 am »

KT could have sold the club numerous times if he asked a sensible price for it, no one will pay £3M for a club with no assets . Also the Cobblers fans never have and never will be included in KT's future plans for NTFC.
I find it unbelievable that the fan base of our club still think he “saved us”and therefore should never be questioned.
The guy is a chancer and fair play to him, he saw an opportunity to make serious money and still might do BUT don’t think for one second he gives two shytes about the club, he will be on his bike before the ink is dry
There are people out there interested in acquiring the club but not at the asking price currently.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest3338

« Reply #198 on: February 24, 2021, 10:36:51 am »

I don't know if "writing the season off" is a bit extreme at this stage. It looks like, and it has for a while that four from seven teams will go down, we are one of the seven and the other six are not pulling up any trees. Its actually bottom club Burton who are the form side of the seven, but coming from a long way back they're still down there at the moment.

With 16 games to go its a bit early to say that we're going down, because we are still at the point where one win gets us back out of the bottom four. What I guess i'm trying to say is that KT probably doesn't see the urgency of the situation yet. His overriding reason for getting shot of Curle seemed to be the fact we weren't scoring goals and were providing pretty much zero entertainment. This after giving him what the club said was a decent budget to work with in January.

Brady has not been afforded such luxuries yet, although longer term i'd worry that he was the right man to "manage" a football club......"coach" a football team yes, but manage a football club? Not so sure.

I just don't see what options there are out there. As i've said earlier I don't think that the untried inexperienced non-league option is the right way forward, so that leaves us with an old head type of manager to bring in until the end of the season and keep us up.....if KT is really bothered about keeping us up.

Significant investment will be needed if we stay up, and weigh that up against big losses this season and a large chunk of next seasons season ticket income needing to be discounted and wiped off to reward the loyalty of fans this season.

If you were (our) chairman what would you do? Approach the money man for yet another wad of cash and hope to remain in this division, or go down and cut budgets, take stock and bring the land sales and redevelopment a year nearer?
Perhaps writing the season off was the wrong phrase GPC. In KT's shoes I would still be saying the right things (when hasnt he?) but I would be preparing for league 2. I wouldn't be getting another manager in until the summer at the earliest. I wouldn't be spending loads on out of contract punts either. I'd be asking Brady to do as best he can and hoping he can turn it around. As others have said, we are playing much better now Curle has gone and creating chances. I dont think the situation is the same as under Austin, from what I can remember then we played prettier football but didnt create the chances we have done in the last 4 games. Brady is also clearly a more thoughtful guy than Austin.  
In some respects, if Brady does what we all want and keeps us up KT's choice doesnt get any easier. He then needs to decide if he gives a proven manager a clear start and a chance to get his own players in or trust Brady to do it again. If Brady fails I think less people will have a problem whatever KT does in the summer. I'm also not too sure how bothered he really is about which division we are in so long as we remain in the league. The business plan that Melbourne queries that sucked the money man in was the land so far as I can tell. No less or more. Ive said before we shouldn't underestimate the sellers position in that deal either.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #199 on: February 24, 2021, 10:47:53 am »

Perhaps writing the season off was the wrong phrase GPC. In KT's shoes I would still be saying the right things (when hasnt he?) but I would be preparing for league 2. I wouldn't be getting another manager in until the summer at the earliest. I wouldn't be spending loads on out of contract punts either. I'd be asking Brady to do as best he can and hoping he can turn it around. As others have said, we are playing much better now Curle has gone and creating chances. I dont think the situation is the same as under Austin, from what I can remember then we played prettier football but didnt create the chances we have done in the last 4 games. Brady is also clearly a more thoughtful guy than Austin.  
In some respects, if Brady does what we all want and keeps us up KT's choice doesnt get any easier. He then needs to decide if he gives a proven manager a clear start and a chance to get his own players in or trust Brady to do it again. If Brady fails I think less people will have a problem whatever KT does in the summer. I'm also not too sure how bothered he really is about which division we are in so long as we remain in the league. The business plan that Melbourne queries that sucked the money man in was the land so far as I can tell. No less or more. Ive said before we shouldn't underestimate the sellers position in that deal either.
No there’s a difference between Austin and Brady, Austin actually managed to win 2 games.
As caretaker Austin had a 40% win rate from his 5 games. P 5 W2 D1 L2 Pts 7.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: