The Hotel End
April 19, 2024, 20:29:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Home against the Dale on Tuesday night 23.02.21

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Home against the Dale on Tuesday night 23.02.21  (Read 8290 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #200 on: February 24, 2021, 11:15:18 am »

Its amazing to me how people will manipulate statistics to prove a pre-determined point or make them look better/worse. You can't switch between points and games when trying to compare performance. it should be:

24 points from 26 games....Brady 2 from 4 games
or
24 points from 78 Points....Brady 2 from 12 points

Apologies if you assumed that was my intention, it certainly wasn’t and neither manager have produced stats to put on their CV. I’ll let Marvo do the stat manipulation.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #201 on: February 24, 2021, 11:46:43 am »

Oh come on. I understand the temptation to overreact because it's yet another game without a win and yet another game where we haven't scored, but nobody could legitimately argue we don't (already) look a better footballing outfit under Brady.

It wasn't a great game tonight; a combination of the pitch, the conditions and some inevitable hangover from Saturday's game. And there were still some gaping holes in our defense at times, which need fixing asap if we are to stand any chance at all. But let's have it right to quote our old friend Buchs, we moved the ball better and more purposefully than we had done all season under Curle. And whilst the execution wasn't there, you could at least see the method behind what we were trying to do for the most part. Players were in positions they were happy and comfortable and weren't running round like headless chickens trying to get on the end of endless aerial balls.

Cheesy  I did say reminiscent of Curles tactics as it was a boring and poor game with debatable subs and only one on top. Granted we were not hoofing it as much! Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest3338

« Reply #202 on: February 24, 2021, 11:53:03 am »

No there’s a difference between Austin and Brady, Austin actually managed to win 2 games.
As caretaker Austin had a 40% win rate from his 5 games. P 5 W2 D1 L2 Pts 7.
Correct. KT gave him the job on the strength of that and look where it got him.
If Brady gets it until season end and he hasnt improved results wise significantly, it's a no brainer, someone else gets the job. No compo, no hassle. If it can be agreed Brady returns to the juniors and someone else jumps in the hotseat with the summer to screw more money out of Bower and Thomas to bring his own men in whilst talking up our chances of promotion back to league one.
And so it continues.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #203 on: February 24, 2021, 12:39:44 pm »

Correct. KT gave him the job on the strength of that and look where it got him.
If Brady gets it until season end and he hasnt improved results wise significantly, it's a no brainer, someone else gets the job. No compo, no hassle. If it can be agreed Brady returns to the juniors and someone else jumps in the hotseat with the summer to screw more money out of Bower and Thomas to bring his own men in whilst talking up our chances of promotion back to league one.
And so it continues.

I was all for Brady but last night really pit me off, that was without doubt our best team starting that game and the second half was as dire as anything we’ve seen this season.
The interview afterwards was full of the same old sound bites and I have to say excuses, the pitch weather etc.
I like JB I really do and I happen to think he’s a very good coach but manager I’m not so sure.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #204 on: February 24, 2021, 12:46:30 pm »

I was all for Brady but last night really pit me off, that was without doubt our best team starting that game and the second half was as dire as anything we’ve seen this season.
The interview afterwards was full of the same old sound bites and I have to say excuses, the pitch weather etc.
I like JB I really do and I happen to think he’s a very good coach but manager I’m not so sure.
Conditions played in our favour first half, very much against in the second half, but yes, so hard to fathom JB's (Sammo and Rico too?) indecision in putting Rose on until the 87th minute begs questions!
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #205 on: February 24, 2021, 13:23:05 pm »

Come on Manny, you only have to think back to the Wigan game for 2 worse half's, at least last night their keeper had to make a couple of saves and the defenders get in some blocks in, I don't think we would have scored against Wigan even if half their players went off for a cup of tea ! 
« Last Edit: February 24, 2021, 14:09:52 pm by Carton Lid » Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #206 on: February 24, 2021, 13:30:00 pm »

Is a new manager significantly more likely to keep us up than JB, with the same set of players? Surely that is the key question. I'd suggest the answer is no and that there isn't really time to impose a 3rd manager's set of ideas about how to play in the same season - and will it make any difference given he'll be working with the same set of players? We don't have an out-and-out goalscorer. Is a new manager going to change that? Not this season, and that's the point. JB has improved the football and not had much luck so far. He may be willing to take the mantle for the rest of the season and then the club can make a decision. If we take on a new manager now and he takes us down we'll have yet another manager on a 2 or more year contract who we may not want long-term. Where's the sense in that?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3419

« Reply #207 on: February 24, 2021, 13:47:33 pm »

+1
Report Spam   Logged
Charlatan

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #208 on: February 24, 2021, 13:52:53 pm »

Is a new manager significantly more likely to keep us up than JB, with the same set of players? Surely that is the key question. I'd suggest the answer is no and that there isn't really time to impose a 3rd manager's set of ideas about how to play in the same season - and will it make any difference given he'll be working with the same set of players? We don't have an out-and-out goalscorer. Is a new manager going to change that? Not this season, and that's the point. JB has improved the football and not had much luck so far. He may be willing to take the mantle for the rest of the season and then the club can make a decision. If we take on a new manager now and he takes us down we'll have yet another manager on a 2 or more year contract who we may not want long-term. Where's the sense in that?
+1
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #209 on: February 24, 2021, 16:41:49 pm »

The world has gone crazy.

Look at the results!

Who could do better blah blah like Brady is f***ing Pep Guardiola.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #210 on: February 24, 2021, 17:02:09 pm »

I'm absolutely amazed that so many people are backing Brady so much.

We've been here before! Talk about a football club going in cycles, the fan base does too.

+  am amazed how many are supporting JB who has no direct experience of managing an EFL Club. Is this a case of looking through emotive claret/rose tinted glasses?  I desperately hoped that JB would claim a win last night. Unable to fully back JB until he gets a win....now Swindon is a last call?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #211 on: February 24, 2021, 17:14:05 pm »

Is there people out there who could do better than Brady? Undoubetely, hes not Alex Ferguson. Do the stats suggest we've been unlucky with the points total we've taken? Yes, other than the Burton game we've created the better chances in each, so it does feel harsh to want him out. That said, if we're going to be wowed with an amazing replacement I wont begrudge it. I just really don't want to go back to us kicking the ball over everyones head every game.

I do think that going almost two months without a win is making everyone a little bit more tense than usual here.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #212 on: February 24, 2021, 17:23:40 pm »

In 3 of his 4 games we haven't scored.

I just think there could be more balance with some views and to suggest nobody else could do better is ridiculous.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #213 on: February 24, 2021, 17:32:41 pm »

I just think there could be more balance with some views and to suggest nobody else could do better is ridiculous.

Under JB 3 goals in 4 matches, in the previous 7 under KC 1 goal. Although all I think we can draw from this is that are attackers are hot garbage.
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 24, 2021, 17:38:00 pm »

Before Brady was made the Caretaker Manager we were creating precious few chances. We are now creating chances, we just need Edmondson or Rose or some other to go on a run of taking them.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3419

« Reply #215 on: February 24, 2021, 17:39:29 pm »

Jon Brady has changed the style of play and the players, which has resulted in many more chances created for the strikers.

The reason we have not scored in 3 of the last 4 games is because of the poor standard of the inherited strikers not JB, Sammo and Rico!
Report Spam   Logged
guest3355

« Reply #216 on: February 24, 2021, 17:48:24 pm »

Under JB 3 goals in 4 matches, in the previous 7 under KC 1 goal. Although all I think we can draw from this is that are attackers are hot garbage.

Can't argue with that evaluation of our strikers.
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #217 on: February 24, 2021, 17:57:24 pm »

I find it unbelievable that the fan base of our club still think he “saved us”and therefore should never be questioned.
The guy is a chancer and fair play to him, he saw an opportunity to make serious money and still might do BUT don’t think for one second he gives two shytes about the club, he will be on his bike before the ink is dry
There are people out there interested in acquiring the club but not at the asking price currently.

Who? And how is the situation going to be different with new owners. The club has been loss making forever.
Report Spam   Logged
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #218 on: February 24, 2021, 17:58:20 pm »

No sane person would buy NTFC
Report Spam   Logged
CobblerForever

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 24, 2021, 17:59:47 pm »

Who? And how is the situation going to be different with new owners. The club has been loss making forever.

The guys who used to tease Shoey presumably (or appear in his fantasies !).
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: