The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:48:07 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Plymouth at home Tuesday 02.03.21

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Plymouth at home Tuesday 02.03.21  (Read 7324 times)
guest3355

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #160 on: March 02, 2021, 21:24:07 pm »

I just watched his post match interview and I really believed him when he said he loves this club. We need that and I think we want that more than another journeyman manager looking for another paycheck.

Give him the job!

I'm still not fully in the give him the job permanently camp but I certainly can see the sense until summer and then go from there.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2021, 21:38:15 pm »

I'm gonna save this...

He has always been a Gent - too late already saved it Cool
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2021, 21:43:36 pm »

Who was it that said we should try Watson up front? Playing in a no.10 role today but long may his goal-scoring run continue.

That was Melly. Fcukin genius!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #163 on: March 02, 2021, 21:47:48 pm »

I just watched his post match interview and I really believed him when he said he loves this club. We need that and I think we want that more than another journeyman manager looking for another paycheck.

Give him the job!

+1
Unless you want an arrogant tosspot like Adams who’ll maybe keep us up but will need paying off 18 months later. If we can just stop repeating the same decisions we might just get a different result!?

And yes BOTN, he does. See notes below ......
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #164 on: March 02, 2021, 22:01:57 pm »

Great solid professional team performance...

We cut out the silly mistakes & were worthy winners...

Fair play to Mitchell for two decent saves which will hopefully give him some confidence...

Even though he hasn't scored, I quite like Edmundson

Still think Hoskins a weak link

Really happy for Brady & co. Well done & looking forward to Pompey
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 22:04:53 pm by Ragdoll Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged
JeanGenie

View Profile
Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #165 on: March 02, 2021, 23:09:00 pm »

Massive result tonight, imagine how we'd all be feeling now if we'd lost?  Shocked
In J.I.M. we trust...
« Last Edit: March 02, 2021, 23:53:47 pm by JeanGenie » Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #166 on: March 02, 2021, 23:26:03 pm »

2 goals, a clean sheet and a proper hard fought performance. You never know we might just stay up. Well done to the Brady bunch.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #167 on: March 03, 2021, 03:33:02 am »

That was Melly. Fcukin genius!
I’m saving this, I normally get my ar5e kicked on here.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Bertie

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #168 on: March 03, 2021, 09:08:15 am »

Good performance and things went for us. Pleased for Mitchell - really good performance. Watson has looked really effective and confident of late - let's hope some of the others can follow his lead. Edmondson got an assist tonight and put himself about well - but strikers are measured by the goals they get - he needs one badly. Horsfall and Sowerby, who have faced a lot of flak on here, both had really good games.
So - did we do really well - or just catch Plymouth on a bad night? 4 points needed from the next two games.
Report Spam   Logged
Saint Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #169 on: March 03, 2021, 09:11:50 am »

I'm just happy for every Cobblers supporter, and especially for all the hard work of JB and co. It doesn't take much to put a smile on our faces, unlike all those premier league glory hunters. Let's not sink back into doom and gloom though, if the result does not go our way on Saturday.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #170 on: March 03, 2021, 09:21:26 am »

Good performance and things went for us. Pleased for Mitchell - really good performance. Watson has looked really effective and confident of late - let's hope some of the others can follow his lead. Edmondson got an assist tonight and put himself about well - but strikers are measured by the goals they get - he needs one badly. Horsfall and Sowerby, who have faced a lot of flak on here, both had really good games.
So - did we do really well - or just catch Plymouth on a bad night? 4 points needed from the next two games.
Do a bit of work with a mad Plymouth fan over here and this is what he said on email this afternoon. “ Didn’t see the game but when I saw the score this morning I was not surprised. We have been winning games we shouldn’t (on paper & league standing) and losing games we should be winning. I guess that’s life as a Plymouth supporter – hasn’t really changed since the 70’s!”
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #171 on: March 03, 2021, 09:45:21 am »

I went on the Plymouth board last night and virtually everyone on the pre match thread had us down as a big, physical, aggressive, time wasting, win at all costs team. This is the legacy of Mr Curle, but not only opposition fans think along these lines, match officials do too.
   Last night we had the unwarranted booking of Mitchell but the Plymouth player gets away with raising hands and pushing our player in the face, if that had been a NTFC player , he would have been booked. We had 4 players booked last night, I wouldn't argue about Rose's booking, Mitchell's just wasn't a booking and the other two I would argue that Plymouth players did the same but didn't get booked.
   On another subject, why did Plymouth change from their normal green shirts into an off white which surely clashes more with our shirts ?
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #172 on: March 03, 2021, 09:47:11 am »

Plymouth manager not happy with his teams performance but then it often comes down to how well the opposition allows you to play. They only had 2 decent efforts on target which Mitchell dealt with with ease. After rarely keeping a clean sheet we have kept 6 in the 13 games this year and the defense put in an excellent performance. Watson took his goals with clinical finishing although we didn't create too many other chances. Nobody had a poor game and this was Plymouths only 2nd loss in their last 12 games. We always seem to do well against Plymouth at home and they have only 4 wins here in 33 visits.
I would expect Portsmouth to provide a sterner test but they have only taken 4 points from their last 5 games which gives us some hope.
As for the managers position I would not be appointing Brady on the strength of 1 win in 6 games but looking at the current alternatives I would let him continue and see where he can take us. If it is not working out bring a new man in and give him 6-8 games for him to assess the squad before the end of the season. I don't think appointing a new man now would get any more out of the squad as they appear to be playing for Brady so give him a chance to prove he is the man for the job.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #173 on: March 03, 2021, 10:55:17 am »

Plymouth manager not happy with his teams performance but then it often comes down to how well the opposition allows you to play. They only had 2 decent efforts on target which Mitchell dealt with with ease. After rarely keeping a clean sheet we have kept 6 in the 13 games this year and the defense put in an excellent performance. Watson took his goals with clinical finishing although we didn't create too many other chances. Nobody had a poor game and this was Plymouths only 2nd loss in their last 12 games. We always seem to do well against Plymouth at home and they have only 4 wins here in 33 visits.
I would expect Portsmouth to provide a sterner test but they have only taken 4 points from their last 5 games which gives us some hope.
As for the managers position I would not be appointing Brady on the strength of 1 win in 6 games but looking at the current alternatives I would let him continue and see where he can take us. If it is not working out bring a new man in and give him 6-8 games for him to assess the squad before the end of the season. I don't think appointing a new man now would get any more out of the squad as they appear to be playing for Brady so give him a chance to prove he is the man for the job.
My thoughts exactly, typical Cobblers fans creaming themselves because we’ve one a game, we need consistency, still not sure JB is the answer but let’s see what happens against Portsmuff.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Robas

View Profile
100 Posts Poll Voter Sixth year Anniversary
« Reply #174 on: March 03, 2021, 16:46:08 pm »

However, we did look as if we had a match plan and the players pretty much understood their roles.

That, to me anyway, looked rather different to our old tactics of just belting it forward, hoping for the best and then wondering why the ball was coming straight back at you....

Time will tell whether we can repeat this - and opponents will look to see what we are doing that is new - and how they can counter that.

Nevertheless, any team that basically knows what it is doing always has that structure to fall back on. It is progress.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2021, 18:46:38 pm »

View from the Plymouth perspective.

Plymouth Live: Ryan Lowe criticises Plymouth Argyle for unacceptable performance in 2-0 defeat.
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/ryan-lowe-plymouth-argyle-northampton-5065108
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: