The Hotel End
April 20, 2024, 14:59:46 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Jon Brady

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Brady  (Read 45730 times)
OCoole

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #240 on: April 21, 2021, 17:45:15 pm »

Ok so I have become somewhat annoyed recently by the suggestion that there is little to separate the performance of Keith Curle and Jon Brady so far.

So I looked at their records in the league this season:

Our record under Curle:

Played: 26
Won: 6 - 23.1%
Drawn: 6 - 23.1%
Lost: 14 - 54.8%
Points won: 24 - 30.7% of available 78 points

Goals conceded: 40 - 1.53 conceded per game
Goals scored: 20 - 0.77 scored per game

Our record under Brady:

Played: 17
Won: 5 - 29.4%
Drawn: 4 - 23.5%
Lost: 7 - 41.1%
Points won: 19 - 37.2% of available 51 points

Goals conceded: 20 - 1.17 conceded per game
Goals scored: 18 - 1.06 scored per game

Look at the difference in goals scored and goals conceded under Brady! We are scoring more, and our defence is actually pretty good even when compared to the rest of the division.

But most importantly, we are picking up 6.5% more available points over Brady's term than Curle's.
If you were to calculate what Brady's points total would be by this stage of the season - i.e. after 43 games played - then you would discover that we would be above Wigan (19*43/17=48.05) on 48 points.
If you take the same logic with Curle's record (24*43/26=39.69) we would be sitting on 39 points, although I don't think it would have even been that many given how they were playing towards the end of his tenure.

And this is with a poor squad with very little strength in depth made harder by the number of injuries of late. Brady has had to make do with the tools available to him. Even more so, he picked up this team when it was at rock bottom after that dismal defeat at home to Wigan, and his massively improved the playing style in my opinion.

Even if you don't agree that it has become a more enjoyable watch in this team - which I can scarcely believe that someone could - then you have to acknowledge the statistical turnaround in this time. Playing-wise, I think Brady has created a very solid defensive spine of the team with Horsfall and Jones improving no end under him. He has also recognised that Bolger shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI. Another thing that I haven't seen too often on here, the midfield for the first time actually seems have clearly defined individual roles: McWilliams the ball winner, Morris as the playmaker, and Watson as the more advanced goal-scoring midfielder supporting attacks. If Mickel Miller (who I think is a fantastic player) was injury free all season I'm certain our points and goals tallies would higher as he offers pace and more importantly dribbling ability in wider positions; the lack of which has really cost us this season. I think the manager would certainly look to address this in the summer.

So yes, I think it would be deeply unfair not to give Brady a chance to build on what he has started next season!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 17:52:20 pm by OCoole » Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 31   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: