The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 04:22:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Jon Brady

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Brady  (Read 42636 times)
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2021, 18:51:27 pm »

Vastly different situations, Molesley started under a transfer embargo and only with youngsters to work with

What's your thoughts on a new gaffa ntfclad? You think we're still going down the non league route or will they just give it to Brady no matter what division we end up in?
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #141 on: April 12, 2021, 12:46:21 pm »

if we go down by a point , would you keep this management team on next season ?
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2021, 12:48:55 pm »

I prefer the question, which management team would be an improvement on this one next season and why?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #143 on: April 12, 2021, 16:14:27 pm »

Joey Barton was mentioned on here before he took over at the Gas, looking at Saturdays game, I thought that despite probably having a better squad of players than us, Rovers were no better than us at all, in fact I think we could lay claim to have been better than then. So does that make Brady a better manger than Barton?
   We could put this in the context of "are we better to get an experienced man in" ? Barton. an experienced manager, failed to get enough out of an arguably better squad to beat our squad managed by a "rookie" manager.
   I would agree that Brady hasn't got everything right, that was never going to happen, but I think he's made our defence reasonably solid despite having an extremely limited goalkeeper, and hasn't done anything stupid like leaving our best player on the bench so he can watch and alter the game later. He's struggling to get goals from our front players but I think that would be very difficult for anyone.
    We have beaten Oxford and Portsmouth recently, both managed by experience men so what conclusions does that draw ?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #144 on: April 12, 2021, 18:01:40 pm »

Joey Barton was mentioned on here before he took over at the Gas, looking at Saturdays game, I thought that despite probably having a better squad of players than us, Rovers were no better than us at all, in fact I think we could lay claim to have been better than then. So does that make Brady a better manger than Barton?
   We could put this in the context of "are we better to get an experienced man in" ? Barton. an experienced manager, failed to get enough out of an arguably better squad to beat our squad managed by a "rookie" manager.
   I would agree that Brady hasn't got everything right, that was never going to happen, but I think he's made our defence reasonably solid despite having an extremely limited goalkeeper, and hasn't done anything stupid like leaving our best player on the bench so he can watch and alter the game later. He's struggling to get goals from our front players but I think that would be very difficult for anyone.
    We have beaten Oxford and Portsmouth recently, both managed by experience men so what conclusions does that draw ?

And what about all of those 'lesser' sides we have failed miserably against? If we reach the end of the season still failing to pick up any points away from Sixfields, would you still consider him the right man for the job?
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2021, 18:29:24 pm »

And what about all of those 'lesser' sides we have failed miserably against? If we reach the end of the season still failing to pick up any points away from Sixfields, would you still consider him the right man for the job?
No he isn’t, he’s the cheap option so I fully expect him to be give the poison chalice of NTFC next season, high expectations on a Thomas budget.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #146 on: April 12, 2021, 19:58:16 pm »

on a Thomas budget.
Didn't most on here congratulate him for holding season ticket prices for the 10th year in a row? And now want a higher playing budget despite having to hand out refunds to a lot of supporters for this season.
Can't have everything. Either no playing budget or reasonable season tickets
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
guest3429

« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2021, 04:59:51 am »

I prefer the question, which management team would be an improvement on this one next season and why?

Yes.

Good question. I would like to hear opinions on this, I would say at this level, on our budget, there isn't one.

We heard Joey Bartons name mentioned, Carton is right. Take Grant McCann as an example, fired from Pooh for being too "rookie," hated at Hull last season now you could argue Pooh were a bit premature? Need they have ever bothered sacking DF twenty times before? it's all nuts!

I would like to see what this trio do with the team given the chance.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2021, 09:13:00 am »

Well Jolly what do you think of Chucks, Jonesy and Marshall’s little cameo’s last Saturday?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2021, 10:50:39 am »

This is the big problem isn't it ? At our level there are no "Guaranteed success" managers so what do we do, bring in another experienced man, probably looking to top up his pension, an "up & coming" man from non league but he won't have league experience or stick with staff who are NTFC men through and through? With no guarantee's on anyone.
    I don't want another KC type off the lower league managers roundabout, I would be reasonably happy with a non league up and coming manager or stick with the NTFC at heart men we have at the moment.
    But as I said, there are no guarantee's with anyone .
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 13, 2021, 11:31:18 am »

Well Jolly what do you think of Chucks, Jonesy and Marshall’s little cameo’s last Saturday?

I thought it was interesting, especially given Brady's repeated statements about "the players need to show in training to have a chance of playing". While in an ideal world I understand (and largely agree with) this viewpoint, I would say we are at the stage where chances have to be taken. Marshall can be a bit in-and-out, but I think he has to start because we need some creativity. I would also start Jones on friday, too. As for Chucks; I'm not sure, but if Brady doesn't start him then I'd definitely like to see him get a full 45 minutes second half.
I see enough with these three to edge us towards some unexpected results.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 11:33:25 am by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #151 on: April 13, 2021, 11:54:57 am »

In that scenario 100% no. Given he couldn’t beat Burton, Rochdale, Swindon, Wimbledon or Bristol Rovers.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #152 on: April 13, 2021, 11:57:53 am »

Didn't most on here congratulate him for holding season ticket prices for the 10th year in a row? And now want a higher playing budget despite having to hand out refunds to a lot of supporters for this season.
Can't have everything. Either no playing budget or reasonable season tickets
Did you think they were going to moan about the prices being frozen? We will be playing in a lower league next season against footballing icons like Harrogate and Barrow FFS!
Putting the season tickets up wouldn’t have been a clever idea.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #153 on: April 13, 2021, 15:12:30 pm »

I'd give Brady a 12 month contract and keep him until Xmas if it is going pear shaped. Who else are we likely to attract? Another journeyman talking in clichés.
The only thing grating a little with JB is his increasing talk of 'people are saying this' etc. He's been playing to an empty house so needs to toughen up a little and must be getting his feedback from Facebook....or places like this. I'm not sure how he'd cope with some of the sh*t that gets shouted at the dugout from row C.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #154 on: April 13, 2021, 15:22:24 pm »

I get the calls for a short term contract of a season for managers. Trouble is that makes your bloke a top target if the team does well? Either way, please god let’s have some continuity and stick it out with someone. The endless revolving door of mediocrity to crisis and back again is nonsense, expensive and tiresome.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest49

« Reply #155 on: April 13, 2021, 15:39:47 pm »

I get the calls for a short term contract of a season for managers. Trouble is that makes your bloke a top target if the team does well? Either way, please god let’s have some continuity and stick it out with someone. The endless revolving door of mediocrity to crisis and back again is nonsense, expensive and tiresome.

I think the pragmatic approach of a short contract far outweighs the cost of these two/three year deals, especially at our level. If he is doing well you can extend mid way through. If he is doing well on a longer contract someone will pay you compo to nab him anyway, assuming they wanted to go. I dread to think how many managers we have paid over the years who were no longer actually employed by us.
I'd always go the short term route with some performance related incentive bonuses. 
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #156 on: April 13, 2021, 16:15:23 pm »

At this level the chances of keeping a successful manager wanted by bigger clubs, under a long contract or not is zero. So the length of the contract comes down to potential compensation for having your manager pinched v’s potential pay offs for sackings, I would imagine most if not all teams sack managers far more often than have them leave for bigger clubs, so for me short contracts make much more sense.
Report Spam   Logged
crazycobbler

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 13, 2021, 16:23:54 pm »

To me the situation is very clear. If we stay up keep Brady, if we go down get someone new in. Brady has done ok as manager but I wouldn’t say the improvement has been that great to warrant staying in the job should we go down. Whether that be by one point or not. As for the question of who could we get in as manager who would be better than Brady. No one knows the answer as you can never predict how well any manager is going to get on. However what I would say is there are managers out there with much better records and CVs than Brady. That doesn’t guarantee success of course, but the narrative some have pushed which is that there is no one out there better than Brady is a ridiculous one. In my humble opinion of course  Grin
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 16:25:37 pm by crazycobbler » Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #158 on: April 13, 2021, 18:53:09 pm »

JB says Saturday was another point gained - no, it was 2 points lost. If that is how he views a home draw with another bottom 6 team he does not fill me with confidence.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #159 on: April 13, 2021, 19:06:11 pm »

JB says Saturday was another point gained - no, it was 2 points lost. If that is how he views a home draw with another bottom 6 team he does not fill me with confidence.

Bit harsh WSOAP - it at least kept us out of the bottom at until Friday. If there is any criticism he keeps Playing Edmondson without Marshall for a bit of quality?  Also the subs could come on sooner. I suspect that the draw whilst not ideal was a better for us than Rovers?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: