The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 08:07:17 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Jon Brady

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Brady  (Read 42653 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2021, 09:44:26 am »

For me one of the big difference between Curle and Brady is 'intent'.

KC played a lone centre forward who had to chase long balls. Midfielders had no time to join him.
Under JB he has THREE forwards with pace who are joined by an advanced midfielder, Watson. He is saying you 4 create and score goals because the two holding midfielders give you safety .

JB began by stopping the oil tanker from game one and has continued by turning it around. Now full steam ahead!

It is a pleasure to look forward to games again instead of enduring them.

Well done, so far, to the Brady Bunch.
+1
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2021, 10:04:41 am »

Made my concerns about Brady loud and clear. I must say though that I've been mightily impressed these last 2 games (in particular) and the teams shape and tactical approach to games is very clear and concise. At the end of the day, 10 goals from the last 5 games tells its own story, and Id argue that we could have scored many more if our strikers had been ruthless.

I still have concerns that when we go a goal down or are struggling in a game, I've not seen evidence to move away from plan A (which has worked very well versus Plymouth and Pompey) and adapt accordingly. Whilst that doesn't matter when your in front in games, it does in other matches and I think our points haul would have been far higher if earlier subs had been made etc, particular in the Rochdale and Swindon games.

That isn't a negative slight, we've been exceptional this past week, and long may it continue. Charlton's results at home this year have been dreadful, so I'm really hopeful that we can kick on tomorrow evening.

What I do like about Brady is that he oozes positivity, and seems really passionate about the job in hand and the club in general. The players have responded to that and some of their performances are now at a level that I think any reasonable person wouldn't have thought possible a short while ago.

Im not going to get carried away, there's some tough games coming up and we are still right in the sh1t but we've given ourselves a decent chance and a real platform to kick on from!
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2021, 13:51:23 pm »

Made my concerns about Brady loud and clear. I must say though that I've been mightily impressed these last 2 games (in particular) and the teams shape and tactical approach to games is very clear and concise. At the end of the day, 10 goals from the last 5 games tells its own story, and Id argue that we could have scored many more if our strikers had been ruthless.

I still have concerns that when we go a goal down or are struggling in a game, I've not seen evidence to move away from plan A (which has worked very well versus Plymouth and Pompey) and adapt accordingly. Whilst that doesn't matter when your in front in games, it does in other matches and I think our points haul would have been far higher if earlier subs had been made etc, particular in the Rochdale and Swindon games.

That isn't a negative slight, we've been exceptional this past week, and long may it continue. Charlton's results at home this year have been dreadful, so I'm really hopeful that we can kick on tomorrow evening.

What I do like about Brady is that he oozes positivity, and seems really passionate about the job in hand and the club in general. The players have responded to that and some of their performances are now at a level that I think any reasonable person wouldn't have thought possible a short while ago.

Im not going to get carried away, there's some tough games coming up and we are still right in the sh1t but we've given ourselves a decent chance and a real platform to kick on from!

I suppose it's a different mentality for Brady in first team football where results are everything. In youth games the emphasis is encouraging young players to learn good habits, technique and team play, the performance is the most important thing which reduces the need to alter the team or style of play.
At the moment the first team is like a new group of players at the start of the season. I feel confident that JB and Co. are smart enough to make appropriate changes when the team is playing is the way they want.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2021, 15:14:56 pm »

I suppose it's a different mentality for Brady in first team football where results are everything. In youth games the emphasis is encouraging young players to learn good habits, technique and team play, the performance is the most important thing which reduces the need to alter the team or style of play.
At the moment the first team is like a new group of players at the start of the season. I feel confident that JB and Co. are smart enough to make appropriate changes when the team is playing is the way they want.

He has already severely criticised some players after the Swindon game so perhaps he has the wherewithal to manage players in the right manner after a defeat?   At the moment the team are his 'revitalised' players so they are for now 'great' players. He has said he will do everything possible to ensure survival in L1.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 15:16:51 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #84 on: March 08, 2021, 15:22:54 pm »

He has already severely criticised some players after the Swindon game so perhaps he has the wherewithal to manage players in the right manner after a defeat?   At the moment the team are his 'revitalised' players so they are for now 'great' players. He has said he will do everything possible to ensure survival in L1.
And then looked at what happened after the Swindon game .
No justification required .
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #85 on: April 02, 2021, 17:28:05 pm »

Most passionate interview since Sir Chris Wilder at Notts County...

Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #86 on: April 02, 2021, 17:39:28 pm »

I would suggest that JB stays away from social media after games. If he does become permanent manager at some point it will do nothing for his mental state. Imagine if supporters were allowed in the grounds and some of the vile abuse that's dished out at times.

I like his passion though particularly when discussing Lee Collins.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #87 on: April 02, 2021, 19:09:42 pm »

I really like the guy but I am worried for his well-being when he gets this involved. I do think a modern manager needs to keep one step removed from us rascals.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #88 on: April 02, 2021, 19:45:13 pm »

I really hope this job isn’t too much for him, he seems to flick for one emotional outburst to another, John it really isn’t personal, it’s people’s opinions.
He looks a broken man.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Another Pedj

View Profile
Search Apple User Windows User
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2021, 19:54:29 pm »

Not sure I agree with that. Hes passionate but frustrated with what he has available. Sowerby is now out for the season as is miller. Squad players  and youth are not stepping up.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2021, 20:17:01 pm »

Most passionate interview since Sir Chris Wilder at Notts County...

A great interview, regardless if he is or isn’t the right man for the job, we all know he is working with a dud squad!
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2021, 22:08:42 pm »

I like him.....what a breath of fresh air after the Curle interviews.

He's getting what he can out of our squad, laying the law down to the youngsters (some of whom he coached in the U18's don't forget) and he's a very passionate guy who is wearing NTFC on his sleeve.

If we go down we go down, but at least we will go down fighting under Brady, rather than with a whimper which is where we were heading under Curle.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
JeanGenie

View Profile
Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2021, 22:25:36 pm »

I like him.....what a breath of fresh air after the Curle interviews.

He's getting what he can out of our squad, laying the law down to the youngsters (some of whom he coached in the U18's don't forget) and he's a very passionate guy who is wearing NTFC on his sleeve.

If we go down we go down, but at least we will go down fighting under Brady, rather than with a whimper which is where we were heading under Curle.

Totally agree!!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2021, 22:42:11 pm »

I don’t believe we could have brought in another management team that would have got a better points tally out of this squad post Curle? The pressure these blokes are under is immense and at times they are going to lash out, just like us? I think in the morning Jon will be the first to acknowledge the emotional roller coaster us supporters are on and perhaps with hindsight cut us some slack? Many of us have been following the club for 40 years +. We have had our hearts ripped out of our chests more times than we can count and still we keep coming back and back, only to be brought to our knees time and time again. When results go against us we will lash out, and any player that doesn’t appear to give his all will get slaughtered for it. But if you deliver as a manager or player when it matters you will become immortal and your name will be revered for ever. As a player you just have to decide if you have the minerals to try and become one of the exclusive group that make up the latter? Personally I’m just happy that Jon, Sammo and Rico are calling the shots on this run in because they genuinely love this club, and no amount of money you chuck at the job can buy that.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2021, 23:03:33 pm »

I don’t believe we could have brought in another management team that would have got a better points tally out of this squad post Curle? The pressure these blokes are under is immense and at times they are going to lash out, just like us? I think in the morning Jon will be the first to acknowledge the emotional roller coaster us supporters are on and perhaps with hindsight cut us some slack? Many of us have been following the club for 40 years +. We have had our hearts ripped out of our chests more times than we can count and still we keep coming back and back, only to be brought to our knees time and time again. When results go against us we will lash out, and any player that doesn’t appear to give his all will get slaughtered for it. But if you deliver as a manager or player when it matters you will become immortal and your name will be revered for ever. As a player you just have to decide if you have the minerals to try and become one of the exclusive group that make up the latter? Personally I’m just happy that Jon, Sammo and Rico are calling the shots on this run in because they genuinely love this club, and no amount of money you chuck at the job can buy that.

Great post,  can't disagree with any of it. Not many clubs get a management team that have a genuine affection for them and speak as honestly and emotively as Brady, you know he's speaking from the heart and deserves to get us out of the mire.
Whether he does or not remains to be seen, but I think we'd all love him to succeed.
Report Spam   Logged
JeanGenie

View Profile
Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2021, 23:27:03 pm »

A heartfelt passionate post that I can totally relate to...  Wouldn't want my club in anyone's else's hands right now, if any one can save us, it has to be the Brady bunch...
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2021, 23:55:55 pm »

as most people know on here - i have backed JB for some some time.
That man cares like we do for this club .
Just get behind him because he is one of us .
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #97 on: April 03, 2021, 08:23:44 am »

What a genuine, great bloke he is ...
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #98 on: April 03, 2021, 08:29:26 am »

Very relatable interview and great not to listen to a mangers normal clichés.
He should stay off social media, especially when you consider the kind of stuff posted is pretty tame compared to what’s out there. It’s probably lucky that we’ve been behind closed doors!
We certainly wouldn’t get anyone else who cares as much and I’m sure has the players backing.
Getting anything out of Monday would be huge.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #99 on: April 03, 2021, 11:23:44 am »

A heartfelt passionate post that I can totally relate to...  Wouldn't want my club in anyone's else's hands right now, if any one can save us, it has to be the Brady bunch...

JeanG - support for JB cuts both ways with good results and disappointing ones.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: