The Hotel End
March 19, 2024, 04:50:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Jon Brady

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Brady  (Read 42638 times)
JeanGenie

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Level 5 Linux User
« on: March 03, 2021, 00:36:30 am »

I like JB, he loves our club, his passion is obvious in his interviews, and he's got the team playing for him...
What's not to like?
Sign him up now!!
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2021, 08:22:03 am »

Agreed. Obviously there's no guarantee of success, but it's hard to believe there's a better man for the job at the moment. His passion for the club could be the difference between staying up or not.

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 11:07:49 am »

One win in 6 games.........happy to give him another couple of games but it’s a results business, one swallow and all that.
I do like JB he’s one of us.

UTC
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Turner Street Cobbler

North Stander

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 11:10:56 am »

One win in 6 games.........happy to give him another couple of games but it’s a results business, one swallow and all that.
I do like JB he’s one of us.

UTC

Completely agree, looks promising and he clearly loves the club but I'd like to see continue and become a habit before offering Brady a longer term deal. We had this issue in a similar sense with Curle as every so often we would get a credible performance or result and then people wanted him to stay. Low and behold, the next 4 or so games we awful.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2021, 12:07:31 pm »

We had this issue in a similar sense with Curle as every so often we would get a credible performance or result and then people wanted him to stay. Low and behold, the next 4 or so games we awful.
I would argue that although we have, so far, only had one credible result under Brady, the other 4 games haven't been awful and we could/should have picked up more points.
Report Spam   Logged
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2021, 12:13:21 pm »

I would argue that although we have, so far, only had one credible result under Brady, the other 4 games haven't been awful and we could/should have picked up more points.

I totally agree. We were the width of the post away from taking 9 or 10 points from the first few games.

I wouldn't jump the gun and give him a longer contract.
Report Spam   Logged

Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2021, 12:15:26 pm »

So, if I were to look at it,

Good performances
Burton - Attacking from the off, an absolutely travesty of a goalkeeper mistake denies what should be a win in reality.
Ipswich - Another great team performance, once again should have taken 3 points but lacking quality up front to finish the chances we created.
Milton Keynes - Good attack threat, poor defensive performance. Unlucky to lose, should have got a point minimum from it.
Plymouth - A bit agricultural and lacking much attacking intent, but always in control after the second against a team doing well.

Poor performancess
Rochdale - First not particuarly good performance, maybe hampered by the wind and conditions.
Swindon - Confidence sapped, though conceding a unjust freekick at the end of the first half took the game away from us. Another goalkeeper howler.

I think if that was over the course of the season, considering the respective budget in the division I'd probably be satisfied with it. It's not spectacularly overachieving, it's not awful either. Results have been less forgiving than the performances.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2021, 14:08:02 pm »

Thought the recent results against MK and Swindon were avoidable and the losses exposed some poor judgement in selection and substitutions. There is an improvement in playing style but hardly in results. As some others have said it is perhaps too early  to give JB a free reign to end of the season. Too early approval might embarrass both Club and the Triumvirate.  I would give the Triumvirate a total of 10 games - so 4 I think to go. If the results are disappointing prior to completion of 10 games then an immediate assessment should take place. To me we are in a desperate survival battle and with respect to Jean G the selection
should be taken with care and not be rushed.  I certainly hope for better results and will support any appointment made by KT. What is Jean G interests in promoting JBrady so liberally?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 14:13:34 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Knockingonabit

View Profile
Nineth year Anniversary Level 5 Combination
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2021, 15:24:27 pm »

What is Jean G interests in promoting JBrady so liberally?
What sort of question is that?
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2021, 16:20:57 pm »

I think it's just the latest conspiracy theory/multiple username/agenda accusation from Evers. Smile and nod and just move on...
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2021, 16:46:40 pm »

Only very few supporters have openly suggested that Jon Brady be appointed Manager with immediate effect. I think for reasons best known to yourself you are reading too much into the query.

Jean G said 'I like JB, he loves our club, his passion is obvious in his interviews, and he's got the team playing for him... What's not to like?  Sign him up now!!

All admirable sentiments but all a bit rhetorical. What I was trying to obtain was a bit more substance from Jean G ; like Coaching , tactics and League 1 survival plan up to the end of season. In other words what is Jean G specific interest to promote Jon Brady. Would like to share Jean G's views if possible Cool
Report Spam   Logged

Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2021, 17:05:37 pm »

Only very few supporters have openly suggested that Jon Brady be appointed Manager with immediate effect. I think for reasons best known to yourself you are reading too much into the query.

Jean G said 'I like JB, he loves our club, his passion is obvious in his interviews, and he's got the team playing for him... What's not to like?  Sign him up now!!

All admirable sentiments but all a bit rhetorical. What I was trying to obtain was a bit more substance from Jean G ; like Coaching , tactics and League 1 survival plan up to the end of season. In other words what is Jean G specific interest to promote Jon Brady. Would like to share Jean G's views if possible Cool

I can’t speak for Jean but I 100% agree with his post. If it helps figure out Jean’s rationale / agenda, here is mine:
- he has a genuine passion for this club
- he has appointed 2 competent coaches who also have the aforementioned passion
- he puts NTFC success above his own ego
- he seems to man manage well
- he has them playing more on the front foot with a much more positive approach
- he doesn’t talk in footballing cliches
- he knows how to work with and develop youngsters - that’s our future
- he lives round here so commitment and work life balance pluses
- he’s not failed elsewhere and cashed in

Appoint him now until the end of the season.
STOP REPEATING THE SAME MISTAKES BY APPOINTING THE LATEST DROSS THAT DROPS OFF THE  LOWER LEAGUE MANAGERIAL MERRY-GO-ROUND.
- let’s grow together, have realistic 5 year aims and achieve them.
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2021, 17:42:57 pm »

I can’t speak for Jean but I 100% agree with his post. If it helps figure out Jean’s rationale / agenda, here is mine:
- he has a genuine passion for this club
- he has appointed 2 competent coaches who also have the aforementioned passion
- he puts NTFC success above his own ego
- he seems to man manage well
- he has them playing more on the front foot with a much more positive approach
- he doesn’t talk in footballing cliches
- he knows how to work with and develop youngsters - that’s our future
- he lives round here so commitment and work life balance pluses
- he’s not failed elsewhere and cashed in

Appoint him now until the end of the season.
STOP REPEATING THE SAME MISTAKES BY APPOINTING THE LATEST DROSS THAT DROPS OFF THE  LOWER LEAGUE MANAGERIAL MERRY-GO-ROUND.
- let’s grow together, have realistic 5 year aims and achieve them.

Similar to Jean G's sentiments; all very admirable with perhaps item 5 bring relevant.  I think your use of 'rationale' is admirable and might have helped me to be more succinct. Some of your proposals appear to be personal views based on dare I say it ; Tinted Glasses. Far more hard nosed appraisal would help on team tactics, game plans for L1 survival, coaching  and the type of player required, transfer policy etc. I wouldn't mind a suggestion or two how to avoid the migration of key players at the end of season! To put it bluntly IMO personal sentiments are fine but if you support the immediate selection of a manager you may need to convince some hard bitten sceptics on here.
Report Spam   Logged

Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2021, 18:10:25 pm »

Ian Evatt endured a slow start to life at Bolton, winning just two of his opening 15 games in all competitions.

However, he's now got #BWFC purring, as six successive wins has propelled the club up to 6th to within six points of the summit!

Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2021, 18:49:41 pm »

Dean Austin: 7 points from 5 games
John Brady: 5 points from 6 games

The signs are very encouraging but I would give Brady a few more games to prove he can produce a sustained upturn in form and goal-scoring.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3338

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2021, 19:05:17 pm »

The signs are very encouraging but I would give Brady a few more games to prove he can produce a sustained upturn in form and goal-scoring.
There is an obvious difference between Brady and Austin that I havent seen highlighted in comparisons of the two on here.
Brady was not involved with the first team squad before being given the caretakers role, but Austin was JFHs assistant.
Bradys starting from further back.
I'd give him more allowance in that respect and make him first team manager now, especially if that means he doesnt have to wait until the summer for a pay rise.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2021, 19:13:00 pm »

Spot on mate.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Grove

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2021, 19:17:15 pm »

Similar to Jean G's sentiments; all very admirable with perhaps item 5 bring relevant.  I think your use of 'rationale' is admirable and might have helped me to be more succinct. Some of your proposals appear to be personal views based on dare I say it ; Tinted Glasses. Far more hard nosed appraisal would help on team tactics, game plans for L1 survival, coaching  and the type of player required, transfer policy etc. I wouldn't mind a suggestion or two how to avoid the migration of key players at the end of season! To put it bluntly IMO personal sentiments are fine but if you support the immediate selection of a manager you may need to convince some hard bitten sceptics on here.

I think maybe you should ask Jon Brady  these questions, how on earth is anyone other than him likely to know the answers to your questions.
youve named paul Cook as your choice without giving reasons as why or any of the aforementioned  questions
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2021, 19:23:25 pm »

Expecting an upturn in goal-scoring is like sending someone into a gunfight with a revolver full of blanks.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2021, 20:16:51 pm »

I think maybe you should ask Jon Brady  these questions, how on earth is anyone other than him likely to know the answers to your questions.
youve named paul Cook as your choice without giving reasons as why or any of the aforementioned  questions

Paul Cook was never a realistic choice although at the time he seemed an ideal but unlikely choice. His record spoke for itself. There are enough expert and articulate Forum members who would be able to make a list of what they expect or hope for from Jon Brady. Take Drilling he would probably fill a page Wink. It simply is not enough to say he has a passion for the club, interviews well, lives locally and is a nice chap; would have thought KT would be more interested in specific details. Some of these declared attributes as outlined in some posts are a given in any case!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: