The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:38:06 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Jon Brady

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Brady  (Read 42759 times)
west stand oap

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2021, 19:01:17 pm »

When KC came in September 2018 we had 7 points from 10 games. Taking over DA's jigsaw he immediately turned the season around and from the remaining 36 games achieved 54 points ( equivalent to 69 points over a full season).
Since JB has taken over KC's jigsaw the uptick in results has been miniscule, KC had 24 points from 26 games and JB has 16 points from 15 games (equivalent to 49 points over a full season) so still relegation form.
Personally I like the fact we have 3 ntfc men in charge but it is a results business and the product on show has not been good. If there is no suitable experienced manager available it may be worth taking a punt on an up and coming manager from the National League or a younger man employed as a number 2 at another club.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2021, 19:10:48 pm »

When KC came in September 2018 we had 7 points from 10 games. Taking over DA's jigsaw he immediately turned the season around and from the remaining 36 games achieved 54 points ( equivalent to 69 points over a full season).
Since JB has taken over KC's jigsaw the uptick in results has been miniscule, KC had 24 points from 26 games and JB has 16 points from 15 games (equivalent to 49 points over a full season) so still relegation form.
Personally I like the fact we have 3 ntfc men in charge but it is a results business and the product on show has not been good. If there is no suitable experienced manager available it may be worth taking a punt on an up and coming manager from the National League or a younger man employed as a number 2 at another club.

I agree with your conclusion but let's not forget when KC came in we were in league 2 and now under Brady we're in a much harder league 1.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2021, 19:22:07 pm »

I agree with your conclusion but let's not forget when KC came in we were in league 2 and now under Brady we're in a much harder league 1.

So basically, they've both come up wanting in league 1. Is it the managers. the players or the man/men at the top?
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2021, 19:28:18 pm »

When KC came in we had some good players (Crooks, Van Veen) who were playing badly in league 2.
When JB took over we had some poor players playing badly in league1, different scenario completely.

If every team in the league had identical budgets, six would be looking at promotion and six would be fighting against relegation, so other factors are at work. Good luck plays a big part with injuries, refereeing decisions and of course recruitment. In the case of the latter, the better the recruitment team the less luck you need. Last season the recruitment was largely good(e) this season largely crap and so we are where we are!
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2021, 19:31:29 pm »

Was Edmonson really one of his main targets in the transfer window, or was that just spin, hoping he'd come good because the budget was so s***e.

I’ve no reason to doubt what KC said, he said the same about Miller and there was definitely talk of that prior to the season starting. Obviously like you say any talk about budget is just speculation, you can believe it’s s***e, for me I’m fairly confident it’s not in the bottom 4 so there was no reason other than poor recruitment for KC so have assembled this woeful relegation fodder team.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2021, 19:37:18 pm »

When KC came in we had some good players (Crooks, Van Veen) who were playing badly in league 2.
When JB took over we had some poor players playing badly in league1, different scenario completely.

If every team in the league had identical budgets, six would be looking at promotion and six would be fighting against relegation, so other factors are at work. Good luck plays a big part with injuries, refereeing decisions and of course recruitment. In the case of the latter, the better the recruitment team the less luck you need. Last season the recruitment was largely good(e) this season largely crap and so we are where we are!

Yes, but who's fault is it, the managers, the players or the man/men at the top? The six near the top have mainly,  got more money and spent, budgeted and recruited wisely, the six near the bottom haven't and luck, injuries, refereeing decisions even themselves out over the season, whether you've got a "football man" at the top or not.
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2021, 19:41:34 pm »

Yes, but who's fault is it, the managers, the players or the man/men at the top? The six near the top have mainly,  got more money and spent, budgeted and recruited wisely, the six near the bottom haven't and luck, injuries, refereeing decisions even themselves out over the season, whether you've got a "football man" at the top or not.

I've never believed that luck evens it's self out over a season. When you're flying high every bit of good fortune goes for you, when you're where we are lady luck laughs at you.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2021, 19:44:49 pm »

I've never believed that luck evens it's self out over a season. When you're flying high every bit of good fortune goes for you, when you're where we are lady luck laughs at you.

Or could it just be that we're not very good and can't score? But who, apart from us fans, is bothered?
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2021, 20:00:22 pm »

I would like either Paul Tisdale or Kenny Jackett if we end up back in league 2 next season. Jackett probably wouldn't want the job but Tisdale always has teams at the right end of the table when he managed Exeter and MK.

If we stay up (by some miracle) it would be hard not to offer the job to Brady and co. If he wants it though, I still have my doubts.
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2021, 20:29:45 pm »

Did you think they were going to moan about the prices being frozen? We will be playing in a lower league next season against footballing icons like Harrogate and Barrow FFS!
Putting the season tickets up wouldn’t have been a clever idea.
Maybe not but you can not complain when there is little to no investment if fans are more than happy, and in some cases seemingly demanding, prices are held
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2021, 20:54:53 pm »

Maybe not but you can not complain when there is little to no investment if fans are more than happy, and in some cases seemingly demanding, prices are held

I'm not sure that ticket prices come into the argument when you consider that season ticket revenue accounts for just 10% of yearly turnover, and this season only amount just under half of the Charlie Goode transfer fee.

Holding or even raising the prices would have a negligible effect on any transfer budget.....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #191 on: April 14, 2021, 21:01:40 pm »

I'm not sure that ticket prices come into the argument when you consider that season ticket revenue accounts for just 10% of yearly turnover, and this season only amount just under half of the Charlie Goode transfer fee.

So have we only got 1650 ST holders ? I thought we had over 3,000  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #192 on: April 14, 2021, 21:03:02 pm »

So have we only got 1650 ST holders ? I thought we had over 3,000  Shocked

More the case that we have a high proportion of concessionary season tickets.... and the total figure is in between your two quoted figures!  Wink
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Horsham Cobbler

"I'm not a gynaecologist, but I'll take a look"

View Profile
500 Posts Eighth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #193 on: April 15, 2021, 07:12:37 am »

I don't have any clue what an acceptable budget would be or whether ours was s***e or not  and I know we're in the middle of a pandemic, but most of the rest of league 1 seem to have done enough to maintain their status. We couldn't even match Gillinghams financial clout to hang on to a striker who's had a very good season, although, admittedly I wasn't too fussed if he stayed and if he had probably wouldn't have been as successful as he has been.

Apart from the bottom 4 !!!
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #194 on: April 15, 2021, 07:17:42 am »

Not really, all of the bottom 4 can still escape, no one has been cut adrift.
With our run in and injury list though I’m not holding my breath!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Shoemender

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: April 15, 2021, 07:23:28 am »

Like I said, MOST of the rest of league 1.
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 15, 2021, 10:45:15 am »

Give JB a chance if he wants it. Let him bring in his own players for next season. He doesn't stand a chance with what he's inherited, but I believe he will be competitive next season and we will play better football. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #197 on: April 15, 2021, 11:38:22 am »

I wouldn't say that we have suffered from bad luck particularly this season. Unless you count signing a strike force who couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo back luck. 
On their day the team seem capable of putting a good performance together but that goes for just about any professional team. We just don't do it very often.

No idea where we sit on injuries this season compared to others but if we have suffered more than most then that seems to be a permanent fixture as long as I can remember. Some of our injuries have probably done us a favour!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2021, 12:06:39 pm »

The formula is simple. We need a squad of good players and a good manager and a good coach. It doesn't matter what it costs.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2021, 12:45:21 pm »

recruitment has been a major issue .
It has been appalling .
If the head of recruitment is still here next season i will be amazed .
None of the forwards recruited would get into a conference side and the non league players are exactly that.
Get the recruitment right and it all looks different .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: