The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 16:02:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Jon Brady

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Brady  (Read 42992 times)
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #280 on: April 22, 2021, 17:43:34 pm »

O'coole. Good work on the stats, but they do not factor in certain variables.

The main one is players.

Arguably, two of our best players in recent times have been Kioso and Jones (defender). These two missed most of/all of the first half of the season, the bulk of KC's period, because he didn't sign them until later in the season. Morris has also been a fairly important player, again only signed in January. When Miller played we picked up some decent results, again signed in January.

Where I will say that Brady has worked some magic is the forming of the partnership of Jones and Horsfall. Horsfall has been a revelation since Bolger's been kicked out the starting line up, and Jones has been excellent as well. He's also found a position in the team for Watson that really gets the best out of him.

Regarding points per game, if we had lost on Tuesday the stats would have been very close. We are now playing teams that 'are on holiday' and lets be fare, Ipswich were awful defensively and didn't look at all focused. You can though, only beat whats put in front of you. The fired up teams, those below/around us, we have failed in 5 attempts to beat them. Under KC, we got excellent results from those games, less so against the better teams. Funny old game.

Id also say that our style of play has become more direct as Brady's reign has evolved. The football we played at Ipswich and MK Dons for example was excellent, on Tuesday night it was very direct (30% possession) and effective because for one reason, he finally succumbed to the obvious and gave Chuck and Jones (who he signed for a pittance, good work there) a go. It worked well, they caused more problems than any other forward line we've mustered up throughout the season, even if they didn't score a goal between them!

I think Brady is doing alright, but like some others have said, lets see how it all looks and feels after the Sunderland game. I FELT VERY negative after the Bristol Rovers game which I thought was awful (coupled with late subs again and a reluctance to try a different shape until right towards the end), the Posh game I accepted because they are frankly a much better team than us.

I do like Brady though, top bloke. As of course are Rico and Sammo. It would be great if we could go into next season with them and spend any available cash on more/better players rather than a new management team. I just need a bit more convincing that its the right way forward!

Good post, Drilling. Summed it up a treat.

Ps. Ocool's posts are all conjecture. Grin Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #281 on: April 22, 2021, 18:47:50 pm »

Good post, Drilling. Summed it up a treat.

Ps. Ocool's posts are all conjecture. Grin Tongue

Yeah that is exactly the lazy reply I expected from you, you have nothing to add do you? Muppet  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
west stand oap

View Profile
2500 Posts Apple User Fourth year Anniversary
« Reply #282 on: April 22, 2021, 19:43:05 pm »

You can make statistics say almost anything you want them to.
KC is the better manager because all of our away wins have come under his tenure.
JB is the better manager because he has the better home record.
Posters used to say we only win when Sheehan plays, well that has well and truely been proved wrong.
We play better when Sam puts his left sock on first.
How about some statistics to figure out why we are great when we play at home in the week (7 wins, 6 on Tuesday with 20 points out of a possible 27, 1 on Friday) but so poor at home on Saturday (only 1 home league win all season). Do the players think they are on a 5 day week and take the weekends off?.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 22, 2021, 22:36:51 pm »

Yeah that is exactly the lazy reply I expected from you, you have nothing to add do you? Muppet  Grin

It doesn't take much to live inside your head, does it? Silly boy. Kiss
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 22, 2021, 22:58:29 pm »

It doesn't take much to live inside your head, does it? Silly boy. Kiss

Calling me a boy when you are using phrases that teenagers use on social media like live inside your head hahahahaa

T0sspot
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 22, 2021, 23:43:15 pm »

Calling me a boy when you are using phrases that teenagers use on social media like live inside your head hahahahaa

T0sspot

Ouch! Muppet and tosspot. And you call me incapable of a reasonable response. I think I've made you my bi'ach! Grin

Ps. You should change your name, because one thing you can't do is keep your cool.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2021, 23:45:36 pm by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 22, 2021, 23:50:21 pm »

Ouch! Muppet and tosspot. And you call me incapable of a reasonable response. I think I've made you my bi'ach! Grin

Ps. You should change your name, because one thing you can't do is keep your cool.

School holidays is it?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 23, 2021, 00:31:49 am »

School holidays is it?

Says the clown throwing around terms like tosspot and muppet just because someone refuses to validate your opinion. Fool.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 23, 2021, 00:56:10 am »

Says the clown throwing around terms like tosspot and muppet just because someone refuses to validate your opinion. Fool.

Tip - if you are going to troll someone, don’t become rattled yourself.

I called you those because you asked me about Brady’s woeful form, I gave you a detailed reply and then you made some crap joke about “conjecture” again. You clearly don’t have anything worthwhile to add to the debate or to meaningfully disagree with what I was saying so you are trying to troll me instead. 🤷‍♂️
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 01:02:05 am by OCoole » Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 23, 2021, 02:47:13 am »

Tip - if you are going to troll someone, don’t become rattled yourself.

I called you those because you asked me about Brady’s woeful form, I gave you a detailed reply and then you made some crap joke about “conjecture” again. You clearly don’t have anything worthwhile to add to the debate or to meaningfully disagree with what I was saying so you are trying to troll me instead. 🤷‍♂️

Trust me, I'm not rattled by much in life. Certainly not by some self-opinionated internet nonentity. Roll Eyes As for yourself, the mere fact that I described something as woeful, and that then led you on a dictionary tirade as to 'how dare I descibe JB's team as performing woefully', well, I think that says all that needs saying about you. You're entitled to an opinion, but you'll have to learn that so is everyone else.
Feel free to carry on throwing insults, but I'm sticking to the viewpoint that a number of recent results have been woeful. I fail to see how you can believe differently. But, hey, it's your opinion.

Now, you'll really have to excuse me as I'm just about ready to be getting home. And you need to be getting to bed too, otherwise you'll never get up for school. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2021, 05:59:31 am »

I'm not looking for a bun fight but my thoughts are this.

I started going in 1981 aged 10. Since then the highest we have been in 40 years is under Ian Atkins and 90 mins from division 2 (Championship) at the lowest we've been fortunate to hang on to our league status, so in all that time somewhere between 45th and 92nd.

Despite appointing 24 different managers in all that time, never more than a 3/4th division team and any manager that has shown real potential has been off as quick as they can. In my opinion JB with Rico and Sammo could maintain a comfortable existence without this charade. How much have we spent over the years on manager contracts?

This time its different, I see JB as our Wilder, laugh if you wish! A county man through and through and this is his job, he's deeply connected to every level at the club and so are Marc and Sammo, we appoint A N Other manager again and guaranteed they will be off to a Birmingham, Charlton, Pompey etc at the first sign of success. JB wouldn't leave for some struggling bigger club he has too much invested here.

Of course there must be a caveat, should we be clearly bombing at the bottom of the league a change would need to be made but I doubt that would happen. Give them time and support and in a couple of years we might even go that step further. By the evidence of the last 40 years we wont by appointing another Cook, Tisdale, Barton, Cotterill, Sheridan, Gray or Lunghi for that matter.

Give him the job now and let's judge the football next season, not on what's happened this one.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2021, 06:46:27 am »

I am not sure what the fuss is. It is obvious he will be manager but unfortunately not perhaps for the reasons we would wish. He is quite simply the cheap option and KT knows he can get away with it because he is a popular chap.

The sad fact however is that there is no real strategy and plan for progression because the ambition of the owners is not football-related. Sure they would like us to be as high in the efl as possible because then we would be easier to off-load once the asset-stripping is complete. However, I don't think they are really that bothered because they can walk away once they have achieved their aim.

In regard to the Brady Bunch, I believe they have been way too cautious in a lot of these 17 odd games and that has cost us our league status. You could on the other hand say they haven't lost us our position in the 3rd division cos Curle was doing quite nicely at that. I take the long view that this season is a dead one. We couldn't watch it, we were more than fortunate in achieving promotion, we didn't put together a decent side and we played a brand of football that was well over it's sell-by date. All in all, next season we begin as though none of it had happened, if only I could forget the football we have played...
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2021, 06:57:14 am »

I am not sure what the fuss is. It is obvious he will be manager but unfortunately not perhaps for the reasons we would wish. He is quite simply the cheap option and KT knows he can get away with it because he is a popular chap.

The sad fact however is that there is no real strategy and plan for progression because the ambition of the owners is not football-related. Sure they would like us to be as high in the efl as possible because then we would be easier to off-load once the asset-stripping is complete. However, I don't think they are really that bothered because they can walk away once they have achieved their aim.

In regard to the Brady Bunch, I believe they have been way too cautious in a lot of these 17 odd games and that has cost us our league status. You could on the other hand say they haven't lost us our position in the 3rd division cos Curle was doing quite nicely at that. I take the long view that this season is a dead one. We couldn't watch it, we were more than fortunate in achieving promotion, we didn't put together a decent side and we played a brand of football that was well over it's sell-by date. All in all, next season we begin as though none of it had happened, if only I could forget the football we have played...
Great post Mr SOG, the penny is finally dropping on good old Kelvin.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #293 on: April 23, 2021, 08:04:00 am »

Great post Mr SOG, the penny is finally dropping on good old Kelvin.

Yes it was a good post and free from party political point scoring too! SOG raises some decent points and he is right to criticise the Brady Team for timid selections and substitutions in the first 10 or so games. After the Ipswich game it appears we may at last be firing on all available cylinders! The acid test of course will be the this coming Saturdays game. A positive result will increase the players confidence. If the others drop of the pace it will make an interesting last two games!Not forgetting Rochdale of course! What does he mean by strategy etc can the latter day bible thumper clarify please?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest49

« Reply #294 on: April 23, 2021, 08:39:56 am »

I'm not looking for a bun fight but my thoughts are this.

I started going in 1981 aged 10. Since then the highest we have been in 40 years is under Ian Atkins and 90 mins from division 2 (Championship) at the lowest we've been fortunate to hang on to our league status, so in all that time somewhere between 45th and 92nd.

Despite appointing 24 different managers in all that time, never more than a 3/4th division team and any manager that has shown real potential has been off as quick as they can. In my opinion JB with Rico and Sammo could maintain a comfortable existence without this charade. How much have we spent over the years on manager contracts?

This time its different, I see JB as our Wilder, laugh if you wish! A county man through and through and this is his job, he's deeply connected to every level at the club and so are Marc and Sammo, we appoint A N Other manager again and guaranteed they will be off to a Birmingham, Charlton, Pompey etc at the first sign of success. JB wouldn't leave for some struggling bigger club he has too much invested here.

Of course there must be a caveat, should we be clearly bombing at the bottom of the league a change would need to be made but I doubt that would happen. Give them time and support and in a couple of years we might even go that step further. By the evidence of the last 40 years we wont by appointing another Cook, Tisdale, Barton, Cotterill, Sheridan, Gray or Lunghi for that matter.

Give him the job now and let's judge the football next season, not on what's happened this one. You'd hope there'd be little chance of being cut adrift leading up to Christmas (a Sheff Utd!) and would plenty of time if the owners wanted to bankroll a new manager in the Jan window.

Right with you on this one and remember your namesake well. I'm slightly earlier (1978) but essentially the same supporting experience. I maybe go a couple of extra seasons of us being really sh*t!
I think I want to stick to Brady as any alternative isn't going to fill us with excitement, will definitely add huge uncertainty and I don't trust the owners to back them anymore on the pitch. Moments like Graham Carr and Chris Wilder can't really be planned for and come along once in a blue moon. OK, KC got a promotion which was a great achievement but in freaky circumstances. The only other way is to do it with finance and that clearly isn't going to happen anytime soon.

At least see how it turns out and you have a decent idea after a dozen games which end of the table we are likely to end up.
If we are in the unlikely scenario of doing a 'Sheff Utd' and the owners really value our status, there would be plenty of time to bankroll a new manager and Jan window.

It is a tough one as JB has clearly been dealt a tough hand but has had a bit of time to show what he can do. He gets my vote for a clean slate next season and can't fault his passion and I think he is probably respected by the players that he's had to work with. We never really know that side of things.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 23, 2021, 08:42:43 am »

Trust me, I'm not rattled by much in life. Certainly not by some self-opinionated internet nonentity. Roll Eyes As for yourself, the mere fact that I described something as woeful, and that then led you on a dictionary tirade as to 'how dare I descibe JB's team as performing woefully', well, I think that says all that needs saying about you. You're entitled to an opinion, but you'll have to learn that so is everyone else.
Feel free to carry on throwing insults, but I'm sticking to the viewpoint that a number of recent results have been woeful. I fail to see how you can believe differently. But, hey, it's your opinion.

Now, you'll really have to excuse me as I'm just about ready to be getting home. And you need to be getting to bed too, otherwise you'll never get up for school. Wink

Throwing insults? I think you've now called me clown, fool, your "bi'atch", nonentity - any more? My post was not a 'dictionary tirade' it was a detailed reply in good faith to your question about so-called woeful form. It is not my fault that you did not have the nous to form an intelligent reply to it
and nor did I appreciate your attempt to troll me. I actually think it is quite funny how wound up you have become following your own attempt to wind-up! But this is petty and boring so I will sign off positively:

Enjoy the weekend, let's hope Cobblers can do the business. And all aboard Jon Brady's League Two promotion party next year, it is going to be jolly good fun Kiss
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 08:48:25 am by OCoole » Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #296 on: April 23, 2021, 08:51:55 am »

We should keep JB, not because he's the cheap option but because the money saved would be far better spent on buying decent players. The current management are perfectly capable of managing a L2 team providing they are given decent resources.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #297 on: April 23, 2021, 09:02:14 am »

what I am exposing is that KT is running us on a shoestring budget, certainly for L1 and probably a mid to lower table L2 club.

An exposè, excellent. I guess you are just about to bring tangible proof that our player budget is in bottom couple in league1 and would be bottom half league 2. When you do I will be happy to believe, I won’t hold my breath though as my guess is you have as much genuine knowledge as the rest of us as to our player budget and how it compares to other clubs.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 23, 2021, 09:09:55 am »

We should keep JB, not because he's the cheap option but because the money saved would be far better spent on buying decent players. The current management are perfectly capable of managing a L2 team providing they are given decent resources.
And there’s the rub, what’s the point in getting promoted back to L1? We can’t sustain it because we don’t have the resources under the current Chairman and board.
If we had a proper East stand with boxes and conferencing etc 7 day income, more match day income maybe even a hotel, THEN we would have the income to survive in L1 and even prosper.
You only have to look at the likes of Boro, with a chairman who holds his nerve with players and INVESTS back into the club, their striker cost £1.2m FFS.
It all boils down as to why the current board are here and that is to make a pile of money from a land deal.
They will be gone as soon as it lands in their banks AND if the contract isn’t caveated correctly we will be left with some cladding bolted onto that hideous mess of a stand.
Then the buckets will be out and KT and his chums will be counting the cash.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 23, 2021, 09:15:42 am »

An exposè, excellent. I guess you are just about to bring tangible proof that our player budget is in bottom couple in league1 and would be bottom half league 2. When you do I will be happy to believe, I won’t hold my breath though as my guess is you have as much genuine knowledge as the rest of us as to our player budget and how it compares to other clubs.
That’s fair enough, tangible proof, I think you can see where our budget is without having the list of wages in excel in front of you, we are being relegated, we have a handful of L1 standard players the rest are all loans.
I do have sources of information but I’m certainly not going to reveal them on a public forum.
The chairman has openly said we don’t have the resources to compete in this league hence the Chinese’s debacle.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: