The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 01:33:23 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Jon Brady

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Brady  (Read 42864 times)
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #300 on: April 23, 2021, 09:31:50 am »

That’s fair enough, tangible proof, I think you can see where our budget is without having the list of wages in excel in front of you, we are being relegated, we have a handful of L1 standard players the rest are all loans.

Yes we are being relegated with bad players, the same goes for Swindon and Bristol Rovers and my guess is neither of those two are in the bottom 4 budgets either.

I do have sources of information but I’m certainly not going to reveal them on a public forum.

You don’t have to reveal your sources, just the information on our budget and how it compares to others

The chairman has openly said we don’t have the resources to compete in this league hence the Chinese’s debacle.

Yes due to the size of the club we do need a wealthy benefactor to complete at the top end of league 1, Accrington have shown though with good recruitment and management it is possible for a club smaller than us to stay in this league. Unfortunately we had neither this year
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #301 on: April 23, 2021, 09:47:25 am »

Throwing insults? I think you've now called me clown, fool, your "bi'atch", nonentity - any more? My post was not a 'dictionary tirade' it was a detailed reply in good faith to your question about so-called woeful form. It is not my fault that you did not have the nous to form an intelligent reply to it
and nor did I appreciate your attempt to troll me. I actually think it is quite funny how wound up you have become following your own attempt to wind-up! But this is petty and boring so I will sign off positively:

Enjoy the weekend, let's hope Cobblers can do the business. And all aboard Jon Brady's League Two promotion party next year, it is going to be jolly good fun Kiss

And yet you still couldn't resist a final pop. I've just changed my rod and line, in the hope you'll stop biting on every post I make, right? It's not all about you.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #302 on: April 23, 2021, 09:49:29 am »

And yet you still couldn't resist a final pop. I've just changed my rod and line, in the hope you'll stop biting on every post I make, right? It's not all about you.

Just let it go now
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2021, 09:50:59 am »

Just let it go now

I have, mate.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 23, 2021, 10:03:12 am »

I'm not looking for a bun fight but my thoughts are this.

I started going in 1981 aged 10. Since then the highest we have been in 40 years is under Ian Atkins and 90 mins from division 2 (Championship) at the lowest we've been fortunate to hang on to our league status, so in all that time somewhere between 45th and 92nd.

Despite appointing 24 different managers in all that time, never more than a 3/4th division team and any manager that has shown real potential has been off as quick as they can. In my opinion JB with Rico and Sammo could maintain a comfortable existence without this charade. How much have we spent over the years on manager contracts?

This time its different, I see JB as our Wilder, laugh if you wish! A county man through and through and this is his job, he's deeply connected to every level at the club and so are Marc and Sammo, we appoint A N Other manager again and guaranteed they will be off to a Birmingham, Charlton, Pompey etc at the first sign of success. JB wouldn't leave for some struggling bigger club he has too much invested here.

Of course there must be a caveat, should we be clearly bombing at the bottom of the league a change would need to be made but I doubt that would happen. Give them time and support and in a couple of years we might even go that step further. By the evidence of the last 40 years we wont by appointing another Cook, Tisdale, Barton, Cotterill, Sheridan, Gray or Lunghi for that matter.

Give him the job now and let's judge the football next season, not on what's happened this one.

I agree with much of that. The only thing I'd say is to let the season play out before any decisions are made. We have turned in some awful results recently, and should we fail to perform in any of the final games I think that needs taking into consideration. Although I expect JB to get the job, there have been some strange tactics and even stranger substitutions thrown in with his tenure. Such as, having insisted players won't play unless they perform in training, and intimating Chucks and Jones belong in that camp, he then throws them into the side. Are they training better, or did circumstances force his hand? I appreciate all managers make - what appear to be - odd decisions at times, likely some of which are based around things we aren't privy too.
Like I say, he'll probably get the job. But there is no need to make a decision just yet
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 10:06:13 am by JollyCobbler » Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #305 on: April 23, 2021, 10:14:26 am »

I agree with much of that. The only thing I'd say is to let the season play out before any decisions are made. We have turned in some awful results recently, and should we fail to perform in any of the final games I think that needs taking into consideration. Although I expect JB to get the job, there have been some strange tactics and even stranger substitutions thrown in with his tenure. Such as, having insisted players won't play unless they perform in training, and intimating Chucks and Jones belong in that camp, he then throws them into the side. Are they training better, or did circumstances force his hand? I appreciate all managers make - what appear to be - odd decisions at times, likely some of which are based around things we aren't privy too.
Like I say, he'll probably get the job. But there is no need to make a decision just yet

I do wonder how many injuries we have, this has been intimated at a couple of times now by Brady. If we are struggling to put a team out and with most of this team not being good enough for League 1 then that may explain some of the performances. I am not saying this is the case I just wonder.

I do think we are at a crucial point with the Club now and we need to be looking long term, whether thats with the Brady Bunch or someone from outside I do think now is the time to look at a long term appointment so only bring someone new in who can agree to that. I can't see us staying up now so it needs to be someone with a view to doing more than just survive in League 2, I know I have previously said that Brady should be in charge whatever, but we do need to remain in the League as I can see some changes coming in the next year or 2 after this super league debacle. So for me it would be Brady but failing that someone who agrees to a long term vision for the club.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 23, 2021, 10:19:51 am »

I do wonder how many injuries we have, this has been intimated at a couple of times now by Brady. If we are struggling to put a team out and with most of this team not being good enough for League 1 then that may explain some of the performances. I am not saying this is the case I just wonder.

I do think we are at a crucial point with the Club now and we need to be looking long term, whether thats with the Brady Bunch or someone from outside I do think now is the time to look at a long term appointment so only bring someone new in who can agree to that. I can't see us staying up now so it needs to be someone with a view to doing more than just survive in League 2, I know I have previously said that Brady should be in charge whatever, but we do need to remain in the League as I can see some changes coming in the next year or 2 after this super league debacle. So for me it would be Brady but failing that someone who agrees to a long term vision for the club.

The trouble is, tying someone down to a long term tenure is an expensive route to travel if/when it eventually goes wrong. I agree with the sentiment, though.
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 23, 2021, 10:28:47 am »

The trouble is, tying someone down to a long term tenure is an expensive route to travel if/when it eventually goes wrong. I agree with the sentiment, though.

Which managers would be on your shortlist out of interest Jolly?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 23, 2021, 11:07:29 am »

Which managers would be on your shortlist out of interest Jolly?

I haven't looked to see who is about since JB was appointed. I have to say, even at that stage, it is the first time ever that I've looked at available managers and been totally unenthused. Though I wouldn't mind poaching Michael Duff. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
OCoole

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 23, 2021, 11:24:46 am »

I haven't looked to see who is about since JB was appointed. I have to say, even at that stage, it is the first time ever that I've looked at available managers and been totally unenthused. Though I wouldn't mind poaching Michael Duff. Grin

Brilliant young manager yes but I don’t think we have any chance with him; would imagine he’ll get a shot at a top League One club or even Championship club before long. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him go to Barnsley when Valerian Ismael is inevitably given a bigger job.

Also I can agree with you that there is a real lack of exciting available managers out there, which makes me more keen for the club to allow Brady the chance to continue.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 11:28:50 am by OCoole » Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #310 on: April 23, 2021, 13:35:42 pm »

Right with you on this one and remember your namesake well. I'm slightly earlier (1978) but essentially the same supporting experience. I maybe go a couple of extra seasons of us being really sh*t!

Glad to have shared the pain! Yet I still wouldn't swap my County Ground memories for anything in the world!
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2021, 13:38:00 pm »

I would keep Brady. With his own players we will play better football in league 2. If we're promoted it will better equip us to stay up. We need a change of ethos. It's all a bit 'Groundhog Day' with us struggling to stay in League One with every attempt. The sort of football we played last season [if you can call it that] can get you promoted out of League 2 but is far less effective above that level. You can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results.  
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #312 on: April 23, 2021, 19:25:11 pm »

I would keep Brady. With his own players we will play better football in league 2. If we're promoted it will better equip us to stay up. We need a change of ethos. It's all a bit 'Groundhog Day' with us struggling to stay in League One with every attempt. The sort of football we played last season [if you can call it that] can get you promoted out of League 2 but is far less effective above that level. You can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results.  

KC problem was that he lost Oliver, Goode, Wharton, Cornell, Adams and Morton somewhat difficult to lose and then replace those players?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #313 on: April 23, 2021, 21:01:36 pm »

Doesn’t Duff just play a similar style to KC? a return to sticking a load of tall players in the team then every throw in the opposing half being launched into the box!
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #314 on: April 23, 2021, 21:08:49 pm »

Glad to have shared the pain! Yet I still wouldn't swap my County Ground memories for anything in the world!
Hardly a day goes by when I don’t think about it either Steven.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3359

« Reply #315 on: April 26, 2021, 09:03:13 am »

I hope Brady gets the job for next season. One of the things that has made the end to the season almost bearable is his passion and love for the club.
He's got things wrong, and will next season but that's part of the development. He might not have the best connections (I dont actually know for sure) but Rico does and if we appoint a DOF or scout then that can plug the gap.
Having the stability going into next season is also more likely to persuade some of the players like Watson to stay than an unknown coming in who might not play you.
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #316 on: April 26, 2021, 10:20:19 am »

I haven't changed my position on Brady. I suggested him and Sammo be put in charge before Curle left and I haven't been disappointed.

Yes, he's probably made a few mistakes here and there but he's tightened the defence up and got us playing, for the most part, much better football. The players look more engaged and Brady's interviews are a breath of fresh air.

Where he has made mistakes is in being a little too cagey in games against other crappy sides. I guess there's a fine line but we've probably erred on the side of been too conservative in those matches, but if we'd gone into them with an all out attacking mentality and lost we'd be knocking him for being too gung-ho!

I do think some of the discussion after the Gillingham game around this sort of thing has been unfair. We, all of us, complained that Curle had no plan B and that his subs were ineffectual at best and baffling at worst. Brady has shown he can recognise when it isn't working and make positive changes to affect a different outcome but when he does, he's accused of being "reactive" because he got it wrong to begin with. Who'd be a football manager! Wink

I had said previously I'd give Brady until the end of the season and then make a call depending on whether he kept us up or not. I think I've seen enough already though to suggest he's the right man to take us forwards and would really like to see him given a chance to see what he can do with a side he's built himself.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #317 on: April 26, 2021, 11:55:29 am »

I completely concur, given KT “ the football mans” track record on appointing managers and the budget we will have next season  JB will get his chance.
The managers job at NTFC is poisonous because the funds are simply not available.

Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #318 on: April 26, 2021, 16:43:14 pm »

I completely concur, given KT “ the football mans” track record on appointing managers and the budget we will have next season  JB will get his chance.
The managers job at NTFC is poisonous because the funds are simply not available.

Manwork your relentless stalking of KT continues and still you carry on spending his (or DB's) money.

Why not try coming up with a tangible alternative instead of theory!

I hope the Brady bunch are given the opportunity to continue next season......and further seasons.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #319 on: April 26, 2021, 16:53:09 pm »

I hope the Brady bunch are given the opportunity to continue next season......and further seasons.

It sadly doesn't work that way mate. If results are poor and the fans start demanding change (and they will) Jon Brady will end up the same way as countless managers before him. On the scrapheap.

I hope for his sake and the clubs that results will be good and everything will be rosy.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: