The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 05:18:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Jon Brady

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Brady  (Read 42880 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #340 on: April 28, 2021, 13:22:40 pm »

TBF they must be sweating on ever seeing their money back after the past 6 years clearly not going to plan.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #341 on: April 28, 2021, 13:24:21 pm »

I have always wondered why he is wearing a funeral suit on that interview!
Report Spam   Logged
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: April 28, 2021, 14:51:14 pm »

I'm very grateful for KT saving the club but it would be in all our interests if he sold up. Set a realistic price to cover some of his loses but forget about cashing in on any redevelopment. The club isn't being run very well and really needs a new direction. 
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #343 on: April 28, 2021, 14:54:53 pm »

Remind us again how you're not stalking him  Wink Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #344 on: April 28, 2021, 15:09:04 pm »

I'm very grateful for KT saving the club but it would be in all our interests if he sold up. Set a realistic price to cover some of his loses but forget about cashing in on any redevelopment. The club isn't being run very well and really needs a new direction. 

If the land deal is anywhere near as lucrative as manwork has suggested there is no way he is leaving for some of his loses, I would want all of those loses paid plus a good percentage of potential profit from the land redevelopment. With all the red tape over the whole thing nobody else is going to touch the club with a barge pole. I would imagine we will have to wait until the whole process is done before a change of owner.

Then someone else comes in and in all likelihood like most other clubs our size we remain in league 2 with the odd trip up to league 1, a minute chance of the championship and a bigger chance of the conference. After a while fans get restless, demand change, the cycle continues.
Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #345 on: April 28, 2021, 15:42:11 pm »

Don’t forget when he and his partners acquired NTFC the day before this interview the main parcel of land under CDNL was not included and the insolvency actions on that separate business was not concluded until early 2017. So any talk of development couldn’t have been defined by realisation of that land at that point unless it has been promised well ahead of insolvency procedures.
 It was smart manoeuvring on their part and the polar opposite for NBC.

Either way five years on what have we achieved? Two promotions and most likely two relegations and a significant accumulation of debt without development progressing in any meaningful way.
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #346 on: April 28, 2021, 19:16:42 pm »

If the land deal is anywhere near as lucrative as manwork has suggested there is no way he is leaving for some of his loses, I would want all of those loses paid plus a good percentage of potential profit from the land redevelopment. With all the red tape over the whole thing nobody else is going to touch the club with a barge pole. I would imagine we will have to wait until the whole process is done before a change of owner.

Then someone else comes in and in all likelihood like most other clubs our size we remain in league 2 with the odd trip up to league 1, a minute chance of the championship and a bigger chance of the conference. After a while fans get restless, demand change, the cycle continues.
Cardoza was offered £27m for the land and turned it down.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #347 on: April 28, 2021, 20:12:49 pm »

Cardoza was offered £27m for the land and turned it down.

Your source is?
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #348 on: April 28, 2021, 20:40:42 pm »

Your source is?

I thought it was 24 million? Either way, that figure was quoted in the media.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3063

« Reply #349 on: April 28, 2021, 20:52:53 pm »

Another thread that's turned into the redevelopment thread  Roll Eyes

There I was thinking it was about Jon Brady  Huh?

Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: April 28, 2021, 21:58:32 pm »

I thought it was 24 million? Either way, that figure was quoted in the media.
Ta.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #351 on: April 29, 2021, 01:19:07 am »

Another thread that's turned into the redevelopment thread  Roll Eyes

There I was thinking it was about Jon Brady  Huh?

It is. And I hear Jon Brady was very upset about the death of Prince Philip. There we go. Back on track. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 29, 2021, 09:04:05 am »

John Brady gets my support, loving the fact he wants assurances before he takes the job full time.
He is basically saying he’s not going to take a job where your hands are tied, very sensible and savvy.
Will be very interesting how that goes down with KT?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
guest49

« Reply #353 on: April 29, 2021, 09:34:18 am »

John Brady gets my support, loving the fact he wants assurances before he takes the job full time.
He is basically saying he’s not going to take a job where your hands are tied, very sensible and savvy.
Will be very interesting how that goes down with KT?

+1 and I wasn't expecting 'fighting talk' with staring relegation in the face. Brave, stupid or keeping his integrity intact? It couldn't have been a fun time for him personally so don't blame him at all. I am sure that he has been working all hours and it must have been emotionally and physically draining, for a lot less money than a lot of us earn.
I hope he gets the opportunity to have a proper go.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #354 on: April 29, 2021, 20:05:04 pm »

i have a feeling KT won’t like being held to ransom over the job but someone is telling the truth about the state of the club here .
It’s run on a shoestring and is bargain basement under this chairmanship
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #355 on: April 29, 2021, 21:06:33 pm »

Where is all this stuff about Brady making demands coming from?
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #356 on: April 29, 2021, 22:09:46 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/brady-would-want-certain-things-in-place-before-taking-the-cobblers-job-full-time-3215850

Not necessarily "demands", just wanting assurances over things and changes in places before he'd consider taking on the role.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #357 on: April 29, 2021, 22:22:06 pm »

It’s dicey reporting by the Chron after a supposed interview and article on Brady actually taking the job! Fair amount of assumptions and in any case nobody knows what these demands/assurances are. So the conspiracy theories circulate! Bit like Boris and his wallpaper episode?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest2995

« Reply #358 on: April 30, 2021, 14:22:37 pm »

It’s dicey reporting by the Chron after a supposed interview and article on Brady actually taking the job! Fair amount of assumptions and in any case nobody knows what these demands/assurances are. So the conspiracy theories circulate! Bit like Boris and his wallpaper episode?
competitive budget , recruitment strategy , personal terms , training facilities i would suggest .
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #359 on: April 30, 2021, 15:03:01 pm »

It’s run on a shoestring and is bargain basement under this chairmanship

I have not bothered to look at the club’s accounts but as far as I’m aware the club usually runs at a loss. Forgive me if I’m being naive but if the club was run more extravagantly wouldn’t the losses be huge and potentially dangerous? Are other smaller clubs than us that bring in less revenue than us spending more on their budgets? If so how? Have they all got wealthy benefactors?.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: