The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 18:45:12 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Jon Brady

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Brady  (Read 42816 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #360 on: April 30, 2021, 15:25:41 pm »

I have not bothered to look at the club’s accounts but as far as I’m aware the club usually runs at a loss. Forgive me if I’m being naive but if the club was run more extravagantly wouldn’t the losses be huge and potentially dangerous? Are other smaller clubs than us that bring in less revenue than us spending more on their budgets? If so how? Have they all got wealthy benefactors?.

Fcuk me you want to know everything, you say you haven’t looked at the accounts but go on to say it’s run at a loss?
KT won’t invest anymore in the club and he’s said as much, he’s waiting for his lottery ticket to come up at the council, who’s going to wait the longest?
Your Gareth aren’t you  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #361 on: April 30, 2021, 15:34:27 pm »

I have not bothered to look at the club’s accounts but as far as I’m aware the club usually runs at a loss. Forgive me if I’m being naive but if the club was run more extravagantly wouldn’t the losses be huge and potentially dangerous? Are other smaller clubs than us that bring in less revenue than us spending more on their budgets? If so how? Have they all got wealthy benefactors?.

Does KT take a salary and expenses, out of NTFC does anyone know?
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #362 on: April 30, 2021, 15:51:06 pm »

Fcuk me you want to know everything, you say you haven’t looked at the accounts but go on to say it’s run at a loss?
KT won’t invest anymore in the club and he’s said as much, he’s waiting for his lottery ticket to come up at the council, who’s going to wait the longest?
Your Gareth aren’t you  Grin

Yes I’m Gareth! that’s why I’ve been slagging off our recruitment and strikers all season!

I can’t buy the logic that our budget it so much worse than much smaller clubs who bring in much less revenue, that we cannot complete. I just don’t believe these small clubs all have wealthy benefactors willing to fund huge loses that they would need to have much bigger budgets than ours!.

I guess it depends on expectations of owners, is running the team at roughly break even not enough? how much is it acceptable to spunk away into the club a year, £500k?, £1m?. You use the word invest but outside of weird land deals money put into small lower league teams is far from an investment, there’s no return or profit. I think in general being an owner of a small league club is insanity and probably an ego or prestige thing.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: April 30, 2021, 15:52:19 pm »

I’m sure he does but is that different to any other club?.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #364 on: April 30, 2021, 16:05:10 pm »

Yes I’m Gareth! that’s why I’ve been slagging off our recruitment and strikers all season!

I can’t buy the logic that our budget it so much worse than much smaller clubs who bring in much less revenue, that we cannot complete. I just don’t believe these small clubs all have wealthy benefactors willing to fund huge loses that they would need to have much bigger budgets than ours!.

I guess it depends on expectations of owners, is running the team at roughly break even not enough? how much is it acceptable to spunk away into the club a year, £500k?, £1m?. You use the word invest but outside of weird land deals money put into small lower league teams is far from an investment, there’s no return or profit. I think in general being an owner of a small league club is insanity and probably an ego or prestige thing.

But he is also accountable for the money they “spunk away”. The fact is they are millions in and we are no better off on/off the pitch. Six years later, ‘saving the club’ can only take you so far and who knows what other outcomes there would have been? They pretty openly came here with an investment project in mind that has turned very sour or stretched beyond the initial timeframe. If the slot machine doesn’t pay out they’ll never recoup their cash. Totally agree, lower league owners are nuts.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: April 30, 2021, 16:13:28 pm »

The sooner there is a resolution in whatever form it takes concerning the whole land deal and everyone can move on the better.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: April 30, 2021, 17:51:53 pm »

All I know is KT and DB would be nowhere near our club if it wasn’t for the land, as I have said as long as the council caveat the deal so that the football club are protected and get their fair share of the profit then all well and good.
I completely agree no one in their right mind would buy a lower league football club, it’s OK if your willing to throw X million at it as something to stave off the boredom if your worth tens or hundreds of millions.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #367 on: April 30, 2021, 20:59:44 pm »

But he is also accountable for the money they “spunk away”. The fact is they are millions in and we are no better off on/off the pitch. Six years later, ‘saving the club’ can only take you so far and who knows what other outcomes there would have been? They pretty openly came here with an investment project in mind that has turned very sour or stretched beyond the initial timeframe. If the slot machine doesn’t pay out they’ll never recoup their cash. Totally agree, lower league owners are nuts.
Knowing how things tend to go in these situations, I would suggest the biggest risk at the moment is the relationship between KT and DB? I don’t know anything regarding this specifically, but as a general observation when things don’t go according to plan and become expensive, partnerships often have a tendency to unravel? Whatever you may say about their motives or conduct as owners I think it’s fairly obvious things have not gone as expected?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #368 on: April 30, 2021, 23:54:00 pm »

It’s inconceivable that they wouldn’t? Otherwise any eventual profit, whether it be from the sale of the club or whatever would be unnecessarily higher increasing the tax liability? They would be entitled to facilitate both at reasonable levels. So from a business sense I would say almost certainly, unless they are using another vehicle to off set the liability at a greater margin? By way of clarity I am guessing that the tax liability on a salary would be higher than the corporation tax offset, so legitimate expenses would be more likely?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 02:48:34 am by Melbourne Cobbler » Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3086

« Reply #369 on: May 01, 2021, 09:22:53 am »

Corporation tax. NTFC. That is the funniest thing I have read in ages!
Report Spam   Logged
Keith

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: May 01, 2021, 13:50:34 pm »

Tax will be calculated based on the  tax band you're in. The more income you earn, the higher your tax band, which means you'll pay a higher amount of  tax. Income tax bands are designed to make paying tax as fair as possible to everyone, so that those who earn the most, contribute more, but thats not how it works cos they have good accounts that live in Higham Ferrers, and they sometimes need electrical work.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: May 01, 2021, 15:07:37 pm »

Tax will be calculated based on the  tax band you're in. The more income you earn, the higher your tax band, which means you'll pay a higher amount of  tax. Income tax bands are designed to make paying tax as fair as possible to everyone, so that those who earn the most, contribute more, but thats not how it works cos they have good accounts that live in Higham Ferrers, and they sometimes need electrical work.
The Lithium’s not working is it Frank?
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #372 on: May 01, 2021, 17:16:19 pm »

Seems to be a Brady love in on the radio. I’m not sure, no away wins and couldn’t beat any of the sides around us when needed
Report Spam   Logged
Risdene

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Search Level 4
« Reply #373 on: May 01, 2021, 17:25:11 pm »

Excellent and eloquent interview about the current situation and future requirements by Jon Brady.

I hope he is involved in a Director of Football or Manager role.

The time is run out for KT's blustering and a detailed plan AND TIMESCALE needs to be given to fans, for the off field expansion of facilities and on the field a 3 or 4 year plan!........................this month to keep supporters onside!
Report Spam   Logged
Dr Feelgood

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #374 on: May 01, 2021, 17:27:08 pm »

Tough one this. If Brady started with his own players instead of Curles shyte would be we going down?
Report Spam   Logged

For goodness sake Doc we are NOT going down  Grin   you heard it here 1st  Wink

(I damn well hope that does not come back to haunt me)
guest3063

« Reply #375 on: May 01, 2021, 17:28:59 pm »

Seems to be a Brady love in on the radio. I’m not sure, no away wins and couldn’t beat any of the sides around us when needed

I think I have to agree with you Clarity. Something needs sorting QUICKLY -  either way.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #376 on: May 01, 2021, 17:44:10 pm »

I don't think Brady is the answer. Some of the games he has been way too reluctant to go for it. Today was embarrassing, they should have gone hell for leather and they showed a gutless performance. One of the worst teams I have ever seen at the pity-us arena. The more that go the better including contracted players, until we see the back of the duracell bunny we will see little change.
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #377 on: May 01, 2021, 19:05:37 pm »

I don't think Brady is the answer. Some of the games he has been way too reluctant to go for it. Today was embarrassing, they should have gone hell for leather and they showed a gutless performance. One of the worst teams I have ever seen at the pity-us arena. The more that go the better including contracted players, until we see the back of the duracell bunny we will see little change.
I think some people are underestimating the mental "kick in the b*llocks" that the outfield players must have felt, after dominating for 20 minutes, the first time the opposition get in our half they score down to an individual mistake.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3086

« Reply #378 on: May 01, 2021, 19:12:37 pm »

I think some people are underestimating the mental "kick in the b*llocks" that the outfield players must have felt, after dominating for 20 minutes, the first time the opposition get in our half they score down to an individual mistake.

Are you seriously suggesting our goalie is s***e?
Report Spam   Logged
super-si

View Profile
500 Posts Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #379 on: May 01, 2021, 19:15:24 pm »

Mitchell should never have let that in, but Kioso didn’t close HIS man down quick enough!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: