The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 23:13:05 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Jon Brady

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Brady  (Read 42851 times)
Carton Lid

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #380 on: May 01, 2021, 19:29:37 pm »

Mitchell should never have let that in, but Kioso didn’t close HIS man down quick enough!
Yes there were mistakes further up the pitch but that doesn't excuse the fact the the first 2 goals were massive errors by Mitchell
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #381 on: May 01, 2021, 19:34:44 pm »

week after week Mitchell costs us .
Bring Cornell back
Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 01, 2021, 19:39:36 pm »

week after week Mitchell costs us .
Bring Cornell back
I didn't really rate Cornell but he's streets ahead of Mitchell, as stated on another thread, Lee Nicholls is out of contract at MK, got to be worth a shout?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 21:36:23 pm by Carton Lid » Report Spam   Logged
threeinabed

View Profile
Linux User Mobile User Windows User
« Reply #383 on: May 01, 2021, 19:43:41 pm »

Mitchell is possibly the worst keeper we have had in a long time.

Cornell howler today. Also an absolute clown.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #384 on: May 01, 2021, 19:43:50 pm »

As I see it, the remit for whoever comes in next season is to rebuild a team with more of a spine to it, with the quality to actually create some chances, to fire that team up sufficiently to win more games than they lose and, ideally, have a tilt at the playoffs (although with the shoestring budget that we're likely to be on, playoffs should be a hope rather than an expectation). I honestly couldn't name a candidate out there who I think is a realistic target for us and would be a better bet than Brady.

Give him the job for 12 months, or, if his conditions aren't met, I wouldn't even mind seeing Sammo and Rico given a crack with an experienced DoF - I actually think Sammo was one of our better managers over the last 15 years and at least had the team playing some entertaining stuff and scoring goals, which is going to be an absolute must if we're not going to have the budget to go for promotion next season (I can't sit through a season of finishing 12th playing Curle-ball).
Report Spam   Logged

tcobb

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #385 on: May 01, 2021, 19:56:48 pm »

NTFC Nut, For christ sake !!!! Sammo, really ? He was that good  he has done nothing as manager since he was sacked. All 3 of them need to go back to the youth set up, if you think that one or all three of them are the solution then i really do give up.
Report Spam   Logged

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
guest3063

« Reply #386 on: May 01, 2021, 20:21:00 pm »

David Oldfield the current Oxford City manager for me. If not, Paul Tisdale, he's always been quite successful in league 2. Another is Kenny Jackett, but he's well out of our league.
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #387 on: May 01, 2021, 20:22:11 pm »

It’s a real heart versus head scenario - we’d all love the Brady, Sammo, Rico and Razor team to work (and the cynic in me wonders if KT knows that this is also the cheap option) but it’s got to be whoever is the best man for the job. Having said that if it comes down to KC picking another new Manager I don’t think any of us would have any confidence in that decision based on his track record.
Report Spam   Logged
NTFC Nut

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #388 on: May 01, 2021, 20:25:26 pm »

NTFC Nut, For christ sake !!!! Sammo, really ? He was that good  he has done nothing as manager since he was sacked. All 3 of them need to go back to the youth set up, if you think that one or all three of them are the solution then i really do give up.

He was unlucky to be sacked and we've had far worse since, many of whom (Johnson, Page, Hasselbaink) were people with 'track records'. What competent manager do you actually think is going to come here and work for peanuts, sign players for peanuts, get that team motivated to play for the club and give absolutely everything they've got even when the chips are down?
Report Spam   Logged

Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #389 on: May 01, 2021, 20:38:54 pm »

Brady knows exactly what's needed & I'm glad he's not committing to anything until he's discussed the future identify of the club with KT...however if KT does not agree with Brady then i honestly expect someone like Mark Cooper to be appointed!
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #390 on: May 02, 2021, 09:37:06 am »

I've gone from wanting him long term to not wanting him to wanting him...but now Im firmly,  'top bloke but no thanks'.

Reasons?

1. Failure to beat any of our bottom of the table rivals. 5 attempts to do so. Time wasting against Rochdale at 0-0 etc. Way way too negative.
2. Failure to win, even one game away from home.
3. Way too stubborn. Started off with a single striker flanked by two wide players, and simply wouldn't move away from it despite most of our goals coming from set plays, from defenders and midfielders (Watson). When he was forced to move away from it because of injuries (Ipswich) Jones and Chuck played superbly, yet he reverted back to 'type' as soon as fitness allowed him to do so in the following game. We then score twice after he changed it (at 2-0 down) yet for the next game, again...back to 'type'. Couldn't make it up.
4. Reactive not proactive. Always waits until we go a goal down before changing things.
5. Subs. Just terrible, most of the time. Takes off the wrong players, keeps the wrong players on the pitch (Hoskins yesterday was bloody awful), and brings the wrong players on. This is a very regular ocurrence.

If he didn't have a top personality, and was more monotoned in his interviews (like KC was), there is absolutely no way people would want him as our manager. Its Austin all over again!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #391 on: May 02, 2021, 10:03:28 am »

I agree with all that Drilling, it’s either Oldfield or Wilkin for me and as soon as possible. 
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #392 on: May 02, 2021, 10:30:36 am »

Austin and Brady are a way apart, as Austin wasn’t that honest was he? He spoke about players and how hard they worked in training, how some were so good they were unplayable on their day, going hunting all that stuff? In a matter of weeks he turned on them, and the players probably knew he didn’t rate them all along, seeing through the rhetoric as shallow motivational speeches? You can’t tell me Austin didn’t know what he had from the get go, and if he didn’t he failed there as well? I don’t really mean to have a pop at the bloke because you can only play the hand you are dealt, but I think Brady is a bit more genuine in his communication? Statistically irrelevant of any record the next bloke may have we will probably go backwards again if Brady goes. Keep the 3 of them together with some continuity for a change. Brady, Sammo and Rico are as likely to be as good as anyone with the passion and desire for the club to do well thrown in for free?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #393 on: May 02, 2021, 10:41:19 am »

Austin and Brady are a way apart, as Austin wasn’t that honest was he? He spoke about players and how hard they worked in training, how some were so good they were unplayable on their day, going hunting all that stuff? In a matter of weeks he turned on them, and the players probably knew he didn’t rate them all along, seeing through the rhetoric as shallow motivational speeches? You can’t tell me Austin didn’t know what he had from the get go, and if he didn’t he failed there as well? I don’t really mean to have a pop at the bloke because you can only play the hand you are dealt, but I think Brady is a bit more genuine in his communication? Statistically irrelevant of any record the next bloke may have we will probably go backwards again if Brady goes. Keep the 3 of them together with some continuity for a change. Brady, Sammo and Rico are as likely to be as good as anyone with the passion and desire for the club to do well thrown in for free?

So recalling your former opinions on change of Managers was it correct to dismiss KC?  I for one believe your former analysis was perhaps correct. Certainly on here the vociferous few on here got there way!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #394 on: May 02, 2021, 11:21:48 am »

So recalling your former opinions on change of Managers was it correct to dismiss KC?  I for one believe your former analysis was perhaps correct. Certainly on here the vociferous few on here got there way!
There is a very very long and tedious answer to that Evers and I was having a conversation regarding the circumstances around this topic with someone earlier. TBH I can’t be bothered as its water under the bridge, would take the patience of Tolstoy to write and has all been said before in bits and pieces. As indeed has most of the stuff these days?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
ItsaSetPieceDivision

View Profile
Windows User
« Reply #395 on: May 02, 2021, 11:41:38 am »

I'm now of the opinion that it doesn't really matter who the manager is.

We've seen managers come and go. Occasionally we get lucky and achieve some short term success. Carr, Atkins, Wilson, Calderwood, Wider and Curle have all got us promoted from the 4th tier.

But any success is never sustained. At best we might hang around in League 1 for 2-3 seasons but the wheels always come off eventually.

We simply don't have the infrastructure to sustain a League 1 club.

We are a tin pot little club just off the M1, that play in a dilapidated Mickey Mouse stadium with no training facilities. How on earth can any manager achieve anything tangible under these circumstances? Any short term success is in spite of, not because of.....

Until we address these issues we're destined to just go round and round in circles and never get anywhere.

Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #396 on: May 02, 2021, 12:01:03 pm »

I'm now of the opinion that it doesn't really matter who the manager is.

We've seen managers come and go. Occasionally we get lucky and achieve some short term success. Carr, Atkins, Wilson, Calderwood, Wider and Curle have all got us promoted from the 4th tier.

But any success is never sustained. At best we might hang around in League 1 for 2-3 seasons but the wheels always come off eventually.

We simply don't have the infrastructure to sustain a League 1 club.

We are a tin pot little club just off the M1, that play in a dilapidated Mickey Mouse stadium with no training facilities. How on earth can any manager achieve anything tangible under these circumstances? Any short term success is in spite of, not because of.....

Until we address these issues we're destined to just go round and round in circles and never get anywhere.

Spot on.
Report Spam   Logged
andycobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #397 on: May 02, 2021, 12:04:52 pm »

According to the sun cobbler's keeping tabs on Derek Adams at Morecambe.
Report Spam   Logged

if you hate peterborough clap your hands and Fxxk off poxford.
Dan

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #398 on: May 02, 2021, 12:08:34 pm »

Derek Adams is exactly the man that I’d be throwing money at if I was owner of the club.....
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2013
Carton Lid

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 02, 2021, 12:10:43 pm »

According to the sun cobbler's keeping tabs on Derek Adams at Morecambe.
He came across as a really bad loser at Plymouth, with comments that were obviously not true, a bit like KC when he was at Carlisle. But you have to hold your hands up and say he's done a great job at Morecambe.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: