The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:35:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Jon Brady

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Brady  (Read 42770 times)
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #460 on: May 06, 2021, 07:54:16 am »

Looks like Brady as manager with Atkins director of football according to Mark Webber this morning.

Not sure how that will work with the new footballing brand/philosophy that is proposed to run through all the clubs teams. Maybe Atkins has mellowed in his older years, and became a fan of 'total football'!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: May 06, 2021, 08:09:22 am »

Not sure how that will work with the new footballing brand/philosophy that is proposed to run through all the clubs teams. Maybe Atkins has mellowed in his older years, and became a fan of 'total football'!  Grin

He knew when a guy had a premier league left foot though...Cant remember if it was Speading or Hope he made that comment about.... Grin
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #462 on: May 06, 2021, 08:39:58 am »

If this is true I'll be very happy. Atko is still one of my favourite managers and he knew how to get the best out of the resources he had available at the time. He's spent most of the time since he left us scouting for bigger sides, so you have to assume he reported more back to them than "I'd sign their number 9, he's fookin massive and will kick anyone near him!"

He's been around forever, has loads of contacts and an affinity with the club.

Hmm, Atko, Brady, Sammo, Rico, Razor... what a line up of legends! Hopefully they'll get Smudger in as a striking coach and sign Bayo and we'll have the full set!! Grin
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
guest3338

« Reply #463 on: May 06, 2021, 08:43:16 am »

I keep hearing this trotted out but do you have any evidence?

All I’ve heard put forward is:

‘KC mentioned good housekeeping’
As there has virtually been zero match day income this season and no teams have gone bust it looks like most if not all teams have practiced ‘good housekeeping’ because of COVID and reduced their budget.
‘KC said he missed out on a lot of key targets’
There is always going to be big competition for the most sort after players and most clubs will miss out on many main targets. Morton & Wharton were 2 key targets which we missed out on because of Appleton’s links with WBA and the other wanting to fight for his place at his parent club. We later found out Miller & Edmondson were another 2 key targets who we were able to sign at Christmas, both have been as poor as the rest of the squad and just prove this summers recruitment process was poor.
‘Look how bad the squad is’
This could be just poor recruitment. We will finish above Bristol Rovers and Swindon so do people feel these these two teams also have lower budgets than the more logical options of Accrington, Crewe Rochdale & Wimbledon?

Our budget was 1.9 million. I know this to be true because GPC posted this to be the case recently and he's seldom wrong.
Now all we need are similarly clued up posters on each of the other 23 clubs fan sites to post their own figures and all the speculation can cease.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #464 on: May 06, 2021, 08:44:10 am »

you might all be overlooking the head of recruitment .
The band are back together again ...
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #465 on: May 06, 2021, 08:49:46 am »

please at least try and read what’s out there before posting!

You are right I hadn’t actually read the article in the Chron & Echo with James Whiting. Unless anyone is accusing the club of lying I guess the issue of whether we had a bottom for budget has been resolved!.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 08:52:14 am by Winslow Lee » Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #466 on: May 06, 2021, 08:58:27 am »

you might all be overlooking the head of recruitment .
The band are back together again ...

Calderwood or Atkins?
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #467 on: May 06, 2021, 09:10:00 am »

If this is true I'll be very happy. Atko is still one of my favourite managers and he knew how to get the best out of the resources he had available at the time. He's spent most of the time since he left us scouting for bigger sides, so you have to assume he reported more back to them than "I'd sign their number 9, he's fookin massive and will kick anyone near him!"

Hmm, Atko, Brady, Sammo, Rico, Razor... what a line up of legends! Hopefully they'll get Smudger in as a striking coach and sign Bayo and we'll have the full set!! Grin

So no Goalie for your bunch of wizards?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: May 06, 2021, 09:11:23 am »

Woody already has a job.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Tabasco Kid

View Profile
5000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day Seventh year Anniversary
« Reply #469 on: May 06, 2021, 11:39:34 am »

Looks like Brady as manager with Atkins director of football according to Mark Webber this morning.
Please not Atkins. And dont give me any crap about two games at Wembley.
Report Spam   Logged

Were in the pipe 5 by 5.
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #470 on: May 06, 2021, 11:59:24 am »

Thats exactly what I thought
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #471 on: May 06, 2021, 12:58:10 pm »

Not sure what constitutes a great DOF these days but forgot that Atkins is mid 60's now (where does the time go?!) and seems to be scouting for Wolves after time at Everton and Villa. He is one of the many in the background who will find a role in the game until he calls it a day. I'm sure he's built a tidy pension pot.
Report Spam   Logged
Battery Man

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Poll Voter
« Reply #472 on: May 06, 2021, 14:31:39 pm »

I agree, the football might not always have been pretty but the team morale was always high and they fought for everything. Could do with Woody coming back as goalkeeping coach and Heggsy teaching them how to fight!!
Report Spam   Logged
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: May 06, 2021, 14:47:31 pm »

I agree, the football might not always have been pretty but the team morale was always high and they fought for everything. Could do with Woody coming back as goalkeeping coach and Heggsy teaching them how to fight!!

Love the story about when Heggsy came in for talks and someone told Big John Gayle "his mate from Wembley" was in reception (they'd had a scrap in the tunnel, apparently!). A few minutes later, once they'd been separated, a bloodied and dishevelled Heggsy said to Atko "I take it you don't want me anymore?", to which Atko replied "Someone who'll take on John Gayle? You'll do for me, lad!" (or words to those effects) Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Terryfenwickatemyhamster
Administrator

View Profile
5000 Posts Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #474 on: May 06, 2021, 14:55:19 pm »

Love the story about when Heggsy came in for talks and someone told Big John Gayle "his mate from Wembley" was in reception (they'd had a scrap in the tunnel, apparently!). A few minutes later, once they'd been separated, a bloodied and dishevelled Heggsy said to Atko "I take it you don't want me anymore?", to which Atko replied "Someone who'll take on John Gayle? You'll do for me, lad!" (or words to those effects) Grin

Great story.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #475 on: May 06, 2021, 16:51:45 pm »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/brady-really-excited-for-cobblers-future-after-changes-but-wont-yet-to-commit-to-the-managers-job-3227013
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: May 06, 2021, 16:59:58 pm »

Not needed, just bury you under the North Stand goal with a large gravestone...
Youll be doing the team a service even in death...
Report Spam   Logged
Keith

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: May 06, 2021, 17:55:14 pm »

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
Report Spam   Logged
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #478 on: May 06, 2021, 19:14:06 pm »

He knew when a guy had a premier league left foot though...Cant remember if it was Speading or Hope he made that comment about.... Grin

I actually remember him making this comment,  it was about Bradley Johnson.
Report Spam   Logged
Travelaway

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: May 06, 2021, 19:21:12 pm »

I actually remember him making this comment,  it was about Bradley Johnson.

A few years difference on this...It was hoof back.... ie..can get it in the opposition box from our box.

BJ arrived after IA had  left by a good few years.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: