The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 17:05:35 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Jon Brady

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Brady  (Read 42801 times)
RowN

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Eighth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #480 on: May 06, 2021, 19:54:24 pm »

Hope Ian Atkins comes back, we might bloody score from a corner for once!!
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #481 on: May 06, 2021, 20:46:41 pm »

Hope Ian Atkins comes back, we might bloody score from a corner for once!!

I liked Atkins too - suited us perfectly at the time.  He got lucky in particularly with Roy Hunter and then the two full backs he signed Frain and Clarkson. Pretty sure we played wing backs at Wembley?

« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 20:53:53 pm by everbrite » Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Alfred

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #482 on: May 07, 2021, 05:27:41 am »

A few years difference on this...It was hoof back.... ie..can get it in the opposition box from our box.

BJ arrived after IA had  left by a good few years.

Correct,  it was post match when he was summariser when he made the at the time outrageous claim about Bradley Johnson ..... but he was right.
Report Spam   Logged
RowN

View Profile
Level 5 Eighth year Anniversary Combination
« Reply #483 on: May 07, 2021, 15:20:30 pm »

Calderwood or Atkins?

Calderwood was ok and tight at defence, but I was SO utterly bored out of my mind, every time I watched us play!!
Report Spam   Logged
singcobb

View Profile
Level 6 Avatar Linux User
« Reply #484 on: May 07, 2021, 17:18:34 pm »

Calderwood was ok and tight at defence, but I was SO utterly bored out of my mind, every time I watched us play!!

People used to think we had vuvuzellas, but it was the sound of people snoring.
Report Spam   Logged
sxcobbler

Proudtobe.

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #485 on: May 07, 2021, 18:33:52 pm »

I liked Atkins too - suited us perfectly at the time.  He got lucky in particularly with Roy Hunter and then the two full backs he signed Frain and Clarkson. Pretty sure we played wing backs at Wembley?

No Luck involved there, Tony. Ian Atkins knew all about Frain & Clarkson from their Cup Winning times at Brum & Roy was also from the West Midlands out of WBA. They were winners ....unlike our current crew.

All 3 great blokes & top players. As for Ian ....just about as good as any Manager there has ever been at the Cobblers. Up there with Dave Bowen & Graham Carr. A pleasure to have known them.

Report Spam   Logged

Let's show some Ambition !
guest3086

« Reply #486 on: May 07, 2021, 19:08:09 pm »

Never ever ever look back. Look forward! Atko and Col-de-sac are hold hat, they have had their day. We need a bright new future. In Iceland it is freezing but if you visit the natural volcanic pools you can luxuriate in body temperature waters whilst sipping your favourite juice, sparkling or otherwise. The pools have their origin in the core of the earth. We are not retro, we are Door Enige Vrienden Opgericht.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 07, 2021, 21:38:48 pm »

Never ever ever look back. Look forward! Atko and Col-de-sac are hold hat, they have had their day. We need a bright new future. In Iceland it is freezing but if you visit the natural volcanic pools you can luxuriate in body temperature waters whilst sipping your favourite juice, sparkling or otherwise. The pools have their origin in the core of the earth. We are not retro, we are Door Enige Vrienden Opgericht.

Agree with your short opening sentence. Atko might be a useful man on the committee; done it been there etc. On the other hand to many cooks ...............
Report Spam   Logged

Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #488 on: May 07, 2021, 22:09:45 pm »

Agree with your short opening sentence. Atko might be a useful man on the committee; done it been there etc. On the other hand to many cooks ...............
A camel is a horse designed by committee apparently? Still think it’s a good idea though.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
guest3063

« Reply #489 on: May 08, 2021, 15:43:07 pm »

Well done OCoole for some very interesting stats.

You don't need to worry too much. The club is clearly preparing for his appointment judging by the twitter feeds coming out of the club.

Latest one "Lovely words from Jon Brady on why it's so important for the community that we keep on fighting" following the one the other day "a rallying call from Jon Brady."

The club are so funny the way they prepare the supporters for an announcement  Cheesy Do they think we were born yesterday  Roll Eyes

Told you so  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Athena

View Profile
Sixth year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #490 on: May 11, 2021, 11:32:49 am »

Keith Hill has been sacked by Tranmere Rovers despite guiding them to the play-offs.  A strange decision by them but I cant help thinking he would be an excellent assistant to JB.  Cant imagine he would come but worth an ask I would have thought.
Report Spam   Logged
JeanGenie

View Profile
Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #491 on: October 30, 2021, 22:27:11 pm »

Eight months on and after an indifferent start, I think we can all agree that JB and his coaching staff are giving us more reasons to be cheerful than any manager since CW...   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 30, 2021, 22:43:51 pm »

Eight months on and after an indifferent start, I think we can all agree that JB and his coaching staff are giving us more reasons to be cheerful than any manager since CW...   Wink

Agreed and we look good too!
Report Spam   Logged

1HorshamCobbler

View Profile
Apple User Mobile User Combination
« Reply #493 on: October 31, 2021, 17:09:52 pm »

Absolutely, and if we had sacked Keith earlier and given Brady the transfer window he might have kept us up.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #494 on: October 31, 2021, 19:46:27 pm »

Absolutely, and if we had sacked Keith earlier and given Brady the transfer window he might have kept us up.
Now who’s fault could that have been 🤔
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #495 on: October 31, 2021, 20:54:52 pm »

I've gone from wanting him long term to not wanting him to wanting him...but now Im firmly,  'top bloke but no thanks'.

Reasons?

1. Failure to beat any of our bottom of the table rivals. 5 attempts to do so. Time wasting against Rochdale at 0-0 etc. Way way too negative.
2. Failure to win, even one game away from home.
3. Way too stubborn. Started off with a single striker flanked by two wide players, and simply wouldn't move away from it despite most of our goals coming from set plays, from defenders and midfielders (Watson). When he was forced to move away from it because of injuries (Ipswich) Jones and Chuck played superbly, yet he reverted back to 'type' as soon as fitness allowed him to do so in the following game. We then score twice after he changed it (at 2-0 down) yet for the next game, again...back to 'type'. Couldn't make it up.
4. Reactive not proactive. Always waits until we go a goal down before changing things.
5. Subs. Just terrible, most of the time. Takes off the wrong players, keeps the wrong players on the pitch (Hoskins yesterday was bloody awful), and brings the wrong players on. This is a very regular ocurrence.

If he didn't have a top personality, and was more monotoned in his interviews (like KC was), there is absolutely no way people would want him as our manager. Its Austin all over again!  Grin

Whilst I think the above post at the time was balanced, Im so glad I was ultimately wrong! I've read a lot of the posts on this thread, and a lot of people had more faith than I did in the Brady gang.

Yep, he's sold on me!!!!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #496 on: October 31, 2021, 21:37:39 pm »

Anyone care to guess what wage Brady is on and what wage is Calderwood on?
Report Spam   Logged
EB Claret

View Profile
Level 5 Fourth year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #497 on: October 31, 2021, 22:46:17 pm »

After reading Shoemakers comments, I would guess CC gets the minimum wage and JB as the boss, gets the living wage. Wink
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #498 on: November 01, 2021, 09:37:50 am »

They are on wages that they are both happy with. If not the dynamic would quickly fail. Same for Rico
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #499 on: November 01, 2021, 12:13:40 pm »

i wouldn’t swap our management team for anyone else’s  in the division.
When JB has a chance to root out some dead wood in january i think you will see some gaps being plugged.
I think we have a great team of people who care about the club and are committed .
JB knows his squad better now and also knows where he wants to strengthen . We will get better and are also now playing decent football to watch .
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: