The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 11:03:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Jon Brady

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jon Brady  (Read 42752 times)
guest49

Badges: (View All)
« Reply #500 on: November 01, 2021, 13:33:31 pm »

I wouldn't get too carried away as we know how a couple of defeats quickly change opinion.
You have to enjoy the good times as a Cobbler though so long may it continue.
The main concern is if we get a couple of injuries to key players but that's the same for most teams, especially at our level.

If we are not fighting for top three, you'd at least hope we can embed a place in the play offs. Long way to go but we're on a roll.
Report Spam   Logged
guest3359

« Reply #501 on: November 01, 2021, 13:52:33 pm »

The key is going to be how they recover from the next run of bad games as its going to happen. They've shown good resilience after the Sutton and Harlepool games which will hopefully serve them well the next time.

Cant decide if the league break is a good thing or a bad thing. Bad because we are on a roll and have momentum, good because it gives Brady a bit of a chance to maybe rest some players who are struggling. After being largely unchanged for 4 games I would think a few could do with a break or to help a slight knock, like we've seen with McGowan. I do hope he picks a strong team though which I am sure he will for Cambridge
Report Spam   Logged
Madrid Cobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #502 on: November 01, 2021, 14:20:27 pm »

It's great that we're now starting to see something approaching the "bums off seats" football promised by JB. This positive approach is similar to how he began when he took over. I can only assume that the overcautious "nullify threats" early season approach was CC's influence. Does this mean that JB has decided to go with his own philosophy over CC's opinions or has the latter finally come round to the merits of a more attacking approach (hard to believe after so many years)?

I don't really care as long as we keep trying to play the way we are. I've said already this season that we should be good enough to impose our game on the majority of sides in this division and come out on top and that is precisely what's happening at the moment. Our more adventurous, attacking play is breeding real confidence throughout the team and greater fluency. Scraping 1-0 victories with a goal from a set piece out of a total of 2 or 3 shots in the whole game breeds confidence in defence but anxiety and frustration in attack. It's very difficult to sustain a promotion challenge based on that.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #503 on: November 01, 2021, 14:36:58 pm »

When JB has a chance to root out some dead wood in january i think you will see some gaps being plugged.

Who are you thinking? the only real candidates I can see presently are Rose & Bas, since the change to 4-2-3-1 we have too many strikers and neither seem well suited to fill in the lone striker role if needed.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #504 on: November 01, 2021, 14:39:03 pm »

It's great that we're now starting to see something approaching the "bums off seats" football promised by JB. This positive approach is similar to how he began when he took over. I can only assume that the overcautious "nullify threats" early season approach was CC's influence. Does this mean that JB has decided to go with his own philosophy over CC's opinions or has the latter finally come round to the merits of a more attacking approach (hard to believe after so many years)?

Im not convinced early in the season we set out to be more defensive it was just a case of playing a formation that didn’t suit our best players.
Report Spam   Logged
JeanGenie

View Profile
Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #505 on: July 28, 2023, 23:58:35 pm »

I believe JB and co are building a culture, whereby players want to stay, and 'loanees' want to return... Team spirit will be a huge asset this coming season, and we have it in bucket loads...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 00:11:55 am by JeanGenie » Report Spam   Logged
guest3619

« Reply #506 on: July 29, 2023, 02:25:41 am »

I believe JB and co are building a culture, whereby players want to stay, and 'loanees' want to return... Team spirit will be a huge asset this coming season, and we have it in bucket loads...
this season more than ever we have to support the management team , even if we are bottom 4 at christmas
Report Spam   Logged
itsme

View Profile
500 Posts Topic Starter Combination
« Reply #507 on: July 29, 2023, 06:37:14 am »

I just hope if things don't go well this season fans don't start to call for Jon's to be sacked. This is the best management team we have had for a long while
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
1000 Posts Spammer 25 Posts in one day 500 Posts
« Reply #508 on: July 29, 2023, 06:59:34 am »

It's an interesting one. Jon Brady has achieved something no other Cobblers manager has ever managed to do. Do you know what that is?
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
West Stand

View Profile
500 Posts Search Combination
« Reply #509 on: July 29, 2023, 07:09:26 am »

Relegation and Promotion I would guess.

I wouldn't hild him responsible for the relegation.
Report Spam   Logged
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: July 29, 2023, 07:30:13 am »

Correct. The only Cobblers manager to be in charge when the club was relegated who then went on win promotion. However, if West Stand is right, he blows that achievement right out of the water.

Apart from Brady, 4 other managers have been left in charge after relegation. Wilkinson, Gray and Austin made it to September, Atkins to October but all were gone quite rapidly. I think if we are flirting with relegation all season, Brady may hang on to his job, after all, that's what all the "experts" are predicting we'll do so you can't really sack somebody for doing what is expected. However if it becomes clear we are going to be relegated, then I would expect the club to roll the dice, I can't think of many examples where clubs haven't done that.

If the worse comes to the worse, by the end of the upcoming season Brady will have been here three seasons and a bit and we would be no better off then when he started and been relegated twice under his stewardship. That wouldn't be the best CV to entrust the clubs future.

Note: I wouldn't sack him, wherever we end up. What would be the point? Without a massive investment from god knows where we are destined to remain a League 1/2 yo-yo club and no manager, however good they are will change that.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
DavCobb

View Profile
Search One year Anniversary 1000 Posts
« Reply #511 on: July 29, 2023, 07:42:28 am »

This time around I think the unrest would be aimed at the owners before the manager. Been a generation since we’ve had the good old “sack the board”.
Pep would struggle to take us much further forward, unless someone with some dosh (or significant investment) came along.

However much backing KT gets from the fan base I think JB has more.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #512 on: July 29, 2023, 08:25:00 am »

Correct. The only Cobblers manager to be in charge when the club was relegated who then went on win promotion. However, if West Stand is right, he blows that achievement right out of the water.

Apart from Brady, 4 other managers have been left in charge after relegation. Wilkinson, Gray and Austin made it to September, Atkins to October but all were gone quite rapidly. I think if we are flirting with relegation all season, Brady may hang on to his job, after all, that's what all the "experts" are predicting we'll do so you can't really sack somebody for doing what is expected. However if it becomes clear we are going to be relegated, then I would expect the club to roll the dice, I can't think of many examples where clubs haven't done that.

If the worse comes to the worse, by the end of the upcoming season Brady will have been here three seasons and a bit and we would be no better off then when he started and been relegated twice under his stewardship. That wouldn't be the best CV to entrust the clubs future.

Note: I wouldn't sack him, wherever we end up. What would be the point? Without a massive investment from god knows where we are destined to remain a League 1/2 yo-yo club and no manager, however good they are will change that.

Good post Marvo and unfortunately that last bit is so true.
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #513 on: July 29, 2023, 08:32:05 am »

Good post Marvo and unfortunately that last bit is so true.

For me it’s waiting to see how his tactical awareness develops. A number of times last year he was to late to change things, no plan B etc.

Heart and passion can only take you so far.
Report Spam   Logged
Letchworthcobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #514 on: July 29, 2023, 09:14:24 am »

This time around I think the unrest would be aimed at the owners before the manager. Been a generation since we’ve had the good old “sack the board”.
Pep would struggle to take us much further forward, unless someone with some dosh (or significant investment) came along.

However much backing KT gets from the fan base I think JB has more.

This i agree with. The owners will be to blame if we go down. I do honestly think Calderwood and brady are capable of keeping us in this division, but just with a reasonable budget.
Report Spam   Logged

I have nothing to declare except my genius
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #515 on: July 29, 2023, 09:22:58 am »

Genuine question, by how much should the budget be raised over last seasons to ensure safety as a minimum?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: July 29, 2023, 10:01:12 am »

This i agree with. The owners will be to blame if we go down. I do honestly think Calderwood and brady are capable of keeping us in this division, but just with a reasonable budget.

Well part from the anomaly of the Bowen years, we've always gone pretty much straight back down so its not just these owners, its all of the previous owners.

Unless KT is making a profit from the club, it's hard to criticise other than asking him to move aside and get someone else in with bigger pockets. Is there really that many queueing up to do this?
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Gustavo Palcrice

In past I vote Spinoza now it is Tory.

View Profile
Level 4 Search 100 Posts
« Reply #517 on: July 29, 2023, 10:10:28 am »

It would make perfect sense for Brady to take another job at a club that would give him funds.
Report Spam   Logged

There was a broken part now it fixed.
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #518 on: July 29, 2023, 10:18:49 am »

Well part from the anomaly of the Bowen years, we've always gone pretty much straight back down so its not just these owners, its all of the previous owners.

Unless KT is making a profit from the club, it's hard to criticise other than asking him to move aside and get someone else in with bigger pockets. Is there really that many queueing up to do this?

Another strange comment; why is the Bowen years such an anomaly? In fact I envisage J. Brady embarking on a similar journey! This year’s promotion has all the hallmarks of our first season in 3rd Div under Bowen! History often repeats itself.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
TPFKA Marvo

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: July 29, 2023, 10:24:42 am »

Another strange comment; why is the Bowen years such an anomaly? In fact I envisage J. Brady embarking on a similar journey! This year’s promotion has all the hallmarks of our first season in 3rd Div under Bowen! History often repeats itself.

Well how many clubs have gone straight from the bottom to the top? Hardly any and I think we may be the only one in 4 years. If that isn't an anomaly that I don't know what is.

I don't know what tablets you are on but if you could let us know so we can all order some.
Report Spam   Logged

It's all about balance.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: