The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 12:10:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Rattling the Rovers 10.4.21

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Rattling the Rovers 10.4.21  (Read 11559 times)
Shoemender

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #260 on: April 10, 2021, 19:48:25 pm »

Any 'overhaul' should include the Chairman who has been an abject failure and will drive us into non-league should he continue to speak from his arse.

Who else has he been involved with again , Torquay, Oxford. Have any of those ever been non league?
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #261 on: April 10, 2021, 20:34:28 pm »

I like Brady a lot. His passion and integrity are beyond reproach and I think it's clear that he's a very good man-manager and coach. Curle's recruitment has given him an extremely limited hand of cards to play with.

However, for me the pressure of the relegation battle has transformed him into a risk adverse manager. When he first took over we were properly having a go at teams with Marshall and Miller flying down the wings and the full-backs overlapping in support. He spoke encouragingly about increasing our touches in the opposition's penalty area.

Now Marshall has been jettisoned to the bench and we're playing some kind of weird '4-2-2-2' pseudo-diamond formation with very little width and very little creativity.

Today's draw keeps us just about alive but he needs to have a radical tactical rethink. For me there just wasn't enough ambition to get 3 points in what was a very winnable game today. It's sad how refreshing it is to watch Jones do the absolute basics of centre forward play - holding the ball up, using his strength to turn his man, directing flick ons - which seem to be beyond the purview of his colleagues. I find it hard to belief that we couldn't get 60 minutes out of him (a la McCormack last year) and this could make all the difference. This is what I'd play from now on:

Mitchell

Kioso      Jones        Horsfall        Mills/Sheehan

McWilliams       Morris

Marshall            Watson             Hoskins

Jones (sub off after 60 minutes for Edmondson/Chucks)

4-2-3-1 is a tactically coherent formation and would give us some width without compromising our ability to press and defend. It would also allow Watson to get in the box and hopefully feed off Jones. Mills is an interesting one. He looked like a great signing in the summer having scored and assisted for fun for Forest Green as a left-wing back. He's been fairly solid defensively but he looks to me like a player who could do with a rest. His crossing, passing and composure were not up to his usual standard. Sheehan started his career as a left-back and putting him in at left-back might be a way of getting some much-needed composure into the side.

At some point I hope to meet you because EVERY post you put I agree with! No one else anywhere ever does, so it would be refreshing to talk sh1t with someone who I would never argue with!  I have nothing to add, apart from one thing...

...that my frustration with Brady has been and continues to be his late subs when things are not working. He lets games drift. It was crying out for Marshall to come on at half time, yet he keeps him benched until 75 minutes. Shortly after we score. It winds me up incessantly watching it!

Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #262 on: April 10, 2021, 21:19:24 pm »

Brady is a decent coach but is he a manager? Going forward, whichever division we are in, there is a huge rebuilding job to be done in the summer as many players are out of contract. Does anyone have confidence that Brady is the man to have in that position?

Thomas was hinting at an overhaul.....perhaps a Director of Football appointment is on the cards.
i
Partly agree with you as JB might have rung the changes sooner to bring on Marshall and AJones as within a few minutes we had scored. I also thought that Chucks made a difference too. What annoys me is that the attitude of a few on here who seem to think that after todays result we are going to be relegated with 15 points to gain. As Pedji points out we appear to be set out not to lose.  I often wonder what his selection team are thinking?  Actually I believe todays result favours us more than it it did Rovers. Think Brady is coming to the point where he has to be brave and chance his luck and ours for that matter. Can we do it ? 7 more points may well be sufficient and is not beyond us.

Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #263 on: April 10, 2021, 21:31:17 pm »

i
Partly agree with you as JB might have rung the changes sooner to bring on Marshall and AJones as within a few minutes we had scored. I also thought that Chucks made a difference too. What annoys me is that the attitude of a few on here who seem to think that after todays result we are going to be relegated with 15 points to gain. As Pedji points out we appear to be set out not to lose.  I often wonder what his selection team are thinking?  Actually I believe todays result favours us more than it it did Rovers. Think Brady is coming to the point where he has to be brave and chance his luck and ours for that matter. Can we do it ? 7 more points may well be sufficient and is not beyond us.

I agree that the result did Rovers no favours at all.....and if we only had to finish above one or two teams we'd look at it as a good point, but its 4 from 6 and there are a number of 6 pointers still to come for other teams....therefore teams below WILL pick up points along the way......will we pick up any? True, we have five games left, and yes we need 7 or 8 points I think.....but Wimbledon still have seven to play, Swindon still have Rochdale, Wimbledon and Wigan to play.....Rochdale and Wimbledon still have to play each other.....they can't all lose!

FWIW, I think Rochdale are gone, Rovers will join them and then probably Swindon as well.....but I can see Wigan and Wimbledon as the two to escape which leaves us in 21st......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #264 on: April 10, 2021, 22:01:12 pm »

I agree that the result did Rovers no favours at all.....and if we only had to finish above one or two teams we'd look at it as a good point, but its 4 from 6 and there are a number of 6 pointers still to come for other teams....therefore teams below WILL pick up points along the way......will we pick up any? True, we have five games left, and yes we need 7 or 8 points I think.....but Wimbledon still have seven to play, Swindon still have Rochdale, Wimbledon and Wigan to play.....Rochdale and Wimbledon still have to play each other.....they can't all lose!

FWIW, I think Rochdale are gone, Rovers will join them and then probably Swindon as well.....but I can see Wigan and Wimbledon as the two to escape which leaves us in 21st......

Such negativity. Evers won't be impressed. Have you got some sort of anti club agenda?😮
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #265 on: April 10, 2021, 22:12:34 pm »

Such negativity. Evers won't be impressed. Have you got some sort of anti club agenda?😮

Since a great performance to beat Pompey we've won 2 in 8 and haven't scored more than one goal in any of those eight games.

I've studied the form, I've studied the remaining games and I think we'll come up just short.....

There's no doubt we can stay up....but that goes for any of the other  teams too.....and we can't all stay up!
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
JeanGenie

View Profile
Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #266 on: April 10, 2021, 23:45:56 pm »

Another disappointing result, but...
As others have said, Jones, Chuks and Marshall showed some reasons for positivity today.
Give all three (much) more game time in the coming weeks, and at least we might have a chance of scoring, and therefore gaining some much needed points...
Report Spam   Logged
guest3429

« Reply #267 on: April 11, 2021, 07:23:08 am »

Can you smoke one for me too.

I needed that too, cheers and I had many more. I couldn't see to type stuff here. Wink

I have to disagree with "The Verve," as last night the drugs did work and by half time I couldn't give a shit.

I'm going to need a lot more to get me through to the end of the season.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #268 on: April 11, 2021, 08:23:49 am »

I needed that too, cheers and I had many more. I couldn't see to type stuff here. Wink

I have to disagree with "The Verve," as last night the drugs did work and by half time I couldn't give a shit.

I'm going to need a lot more to get me through to the end of the season.
I think you’re going to need something a little stronger for next Satdy.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #269 on: April 11, 2021, 09:14:04 am »

Another disappointing result, but...
As others have said, Jones, Chuks and Marshall showed some reasons for positivity today.
Give all three (much) more game time in the coming weeks, and at least we might have a chance of scoring, and therefore gaining some much needed points...

Completely agree whatever the deal with A Jones’s fitness he has to start, it it means we end up having to take him him off early or very early then so be it, starting with the inept Rose and Edmondson puts us on the back foot from the start. As for Marshall I think the ball is in his court, it feels every game he comes on and has a great impact, he get to start the next match then has a complete mare. Would also like to see more of Chucks and hopefully his brief cameo has put him further up the pecking order.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: April 11, 2021, 09:40:41 am »

Who else has he been involved with again , Torquay, Oxford. Have any of those ever been non league?
The guy is a fcuking unmitigated disaster, apathetic doesn’t even begin to describe his attitude!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #271 on: April 11, 2021, 09:56:30 am »

Completely agree whatever the deal with A Jones’s fitness he has to start, it it means we end up having to take him him off early or very early then so be it, starting with the inept Rose and Edmondson puts us on the back foot from the start. As for Marshall I think the ball is in his court, it feels every game he comes on and has a great impact, he get to start the next match then has a complete mare. Would also like to see more of Chucks and hopefully his brief cameo has put him further up the pecking order.

Try Chucks , AJones and Marshall for Peterborough.Also consider trying Rose instead of Morris might well work as he is very mobile and combative? Defo keep Hoskins in!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
guest168

« Reply #272 on: April 11, 2021, 10:00:46 am »

The guy is a fcuking unmitigated disaster, apathetic doesn’t even begin to describe his attitude!

It's ok for him to run our club cos he's not a fan, apparently that is the main criteria many of our fans look for in an owner !!  And he has demonstrated that on so many occasions.

Surely it's time to start asking for him to leave or at least give the club back to people who actually care, do a DC and sell it for a £1.

Golden chance to start building the club and we are where we are, think we will finish bottom and the lowest scorers, it don't get much worse than that.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #273 on: April 11, 2021, 10:14:11 am »

i

The problem is, Evers, we might grind out three draws, but that can be overhauled by any of the others landing one big win. I agree with you that it is coming to the point where he has to throw the dice and have a proper go. Realistically, failure to beat either Blackpool or Ipswich and we are almost certain to go down. That is unless we can find some away form. Undecided
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #274 on: April 11, 2021, 10:24:07 am »

It's ok for him to run our club cos he's not a fan, apparently that is the main criteria many of our fans look for in an owner !!  And he has demonstrated that on so many occasions.

Surely it's time to start asking for him to leave or at least give the club back to people who actually care, do a DC and sell it for a £1.

Golden chance to start building the club and we are where we are, think we will finish bottom and the lowest scorers, it don't get much worse than that.

Which contributor or supporter has gone on the record anywhere and stated that the main criteria for someone running the club is that they are not a fan?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #275 on: April 11, 2021, 10:43:44 am »

The problem is, Evers, we might grind out three draws, but that can be overhauled by any of the others landing one big win. I agree with you that it is coming to the point where he has to throw the dice and have a proper go. Realistically, failure to beat either Blackpool or Ipswich and we are almost certain to go down. That is unless we can find some away form. Undecided

I think it’s easy to say we should be more attacking or have a proper go but that’s always going to be difficult given the players we have. We are currently playing 3 attackers, Watson is our most attacking central midfielder and we are playing 2 fullbacks (Kioso/Mills) who are arguably wing backs.
We just have inferior players and in attack very inferior players. If other teams play to their potential it doesn’t matter the formation or mindset we will struggle to create anything and get a good beating.
Report Spam   Logged
JollyCobbler

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #276 on: April 11, 2021, 11:53:07 am »

I think it’s easy to say we should be more attacking or have a proper go but that’s always going to be difficult given the players we have. We are currently playing 3 attackers, Watson is our most attacking central midfielder and we are playing 2 fullbacks (Kioso/Mills) who are arguably wing backs.
We just have inferior players and in attack very inferior players. If other teams play to their potential it doesn’t matter the formation or mindset we will struggle to create anything and get a good beating.

The defense is solid enough, we just aren't creating at the other end. We set up far too narrow yesterday, and one of Brady's major failing seems to be he is unwilling to change things early enough. The amount of times this season when it has been blinding that things aren't working, and yet changes aren't made soon enough. And when they do arrive they don't always seem logical.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #277 on: April 11, 2021, 12:02:27 pm »

At some point I hope to meet you because EVERY post you put I agree with! No one else anywhere ever does, so it would be refreshing to talk sh1t with someone who I would never argue with!  I have nothing to add, apart from one thing...

...that my frustration with Brady has been and continues to be his late subs when things are not working. He lets games drift. It was crying out for Marshall to come on at half time, yet he keeps him benched until 75 minutes. Shortly after we score. It winds me up incessantly watching it!

He’s good that Bungle ain’t he?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 12, 2021, 07:56:36 am »

He’s good that Bungle ain’t he?
He’s the greatest.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Clint

View Profile