The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 22:51:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

What, no Peter bog horror thread yet.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What, no Peter bog horror thread yet.  (Read 10405 times)
Keith

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
« Reply #200 on: April 16, 2021, 21:02:01 pm »

I do think that having a good keeper in earns you a lot of points for very little investment compared to what you'd have to pay to get a similar effect from a striker - however, the issue 100% year is the inability to create chances, and that's not on Mitchell.

A good keeper can earn you between 10-15 points a season
Report Spam   Logged
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2021, 21:12:40 pm »

What worries me is that, at this point next season, we will be scrapping for our league survival.
Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #202 on: April 16, 2021, 21:18:02 pm »

The Invisible Man?

Apparently he was back in the country a week or so ago......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
Clint

View Profile
Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #203 on: April 16, 2021, 21:18:34 pm »

Apparently he was back in the country a week or so ago......
Nice of him to pop in.
Report Spam   Logged
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #204 on: April 16, 2021, 21:21:18 pm »

What worries me is that, at this point next season, we will be scrapping for our league survival.
As I've mentioned several times.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #205 on: April 16, 2021, 21:35:20 pm »

A good keeper can earn you between 10-15 points a season
Thanks for that Jezza.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2021, 21:39:07 pm »

I wasn’t brave enough to watch iFollow and I couldn’t be arsed with Radio Numpty so I really feel unqualified to make any comment about the game tonight.

Given the steady stream of fans on here talking about a 4,6 or 7 goal difference (including me!) I would have thought that tonight’s result was above expectations?

If we are going to escape there are no doubt going to be easier (relatively) games than this left to do so?
It is worrying though that pens are our only hope of picking up points!
Did Jones the Goal give us any hope for the last batch of games?
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2021, 21:39:42 pm »

Who knows will depend on how good this summers recruitment is and maybe moving on some of the strikers already contracted
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #208 on: April 16, 2021, 21:41:53 pm »

Theres too many games against difficult teams left I'm afraid. It wasnt our worst performance, but the Bristol Rovers, Wimbledon, Burton results have sunk us already. Teams left are ones we'd have to be lucky to beat, and we're not going to be lucky enough. That was also the case tonight anyway.
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2021, 21:50:48 pm »

We are going down .
Secure the few best players for next season and give Brady the job now so he can plan .
Jones , Mcwilliams and watson need securing for next season .
Alex Jones could be ok if he avoids injury .
People are calling for Sheehan - he has played his last game i would say .
Release all the non performers and start again .
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #210 on: April 16, 2021, 21:52:36 pm »

Absolutely nothing wrong with the player's effort:100% today which is all we can ask.

The first half performance was very good and if we'd performed like that throughout the season we'd be in a different position.

Centre backs and McWilliams were good but I'd switch Mills for Sheehan if possible next game out. We need some composure and experience.

The central issue for me is that we have seemingly no idea how to create a chance from open play. I think overcomplicating it is a huge issue. P*sh moved the ball quickly and got simple crosses and balls over the top in early - we need to learn from that.

It seems most of the comments on here are completely at odds with yours!  Listening to Tim and Dave Buchanan they at least seem to agree with you! Mitchell seems to come in for a lot of criticism but the commentators did not seem to mention he was that bad!

Take this one "There is absolutely no fight in this side. They couldn’t give a ****.  Talk about anti JB. 

Still we are not down just but the results tomorrow might be significant.
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #211 on: April 16, 2021, 21:57:39 pm »

We can argue all day about the reasons for the way this season has gone, and whether it was justified or avoidable? At the moment though I can barely bring myself to comment. I just feel really miserable and upset, following this club at times is a truly awful experience.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Shoemender

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Second year Anniversary
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2021, 23:13:58 pm »

We can argue all day about the reasons for the way this season has gone, and whether it was justified or avoidable? At the moment though I can barely bring myself to comment. I just feel really miserable and upset, following this club at times is a truly awful experience.

Why do you think I'm such a negative fûcker?😁
Report Spam   Logged
The 12th Marquis of Sixfields
Winning Is For Losers
Administrator

View Profile
Search Mobile User Level 6
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2021, 00:25:10 am »

Not sure why people are so surprised we're going down. It's a team that were promoted through no fault of its own last season and has had no increase in fan financial participation in a decade now.

Up the Cobblers?
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2023
BP

View Profile
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2021, 04:07:29 am »

Just thought Id pop in and say goodbye and see you all again in a few seasons.
Report Spam   Logged
St Edmundsbury Cobbler

View Profile
Level 6 Search Windows User
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2021, 05:03:01 am »

First half we did well, took the game to them and were in the game, but for all our endeavour, we just lack the quality to compete at this level. The only real time P*sh put any effort in they got the first goal.

The Fen dwellers came out, knocked it up a gear after half time and without really breaking sweat, there was only one winner. 25 minutes later it was game over and they saw it out.

Safe to say we won't be seeing them again for a long time.

Report Spam   Logged

2022/23 Prediction League Champion
2022/23 Guess The Attendance Champion

Claret & White - Nothing Else Matters
guest3429

« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2021, 06:34:30 am »

Lucky for me there was a power cut just after midnight and I missed it all.

Report Spam   Logged
Clarity

View Profile
1000 Posts Fifth year Anniversary Search
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2021, 08:01:10 am »

Just thought Id pop in and say goodbye and see you all again in a few seasons.
I wouldn’t have thought so. You will probably go on a magical run culminating in a Champions League final win before the decade is over. No we’ll never play you again you’re just too good. Man City must be s***ting themselves
Report Spam   Logged
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #218 on: April 17, 2021, 08:21:12 am »

We are going down .
Secure the few best players for next season and give Brady the job now so he can plan .
Jones , Mcwilliams and watson need securing for next season .
Alex Jones could be ok if he avoids injury .
People are calling for Sheehan - he has played his last game i would say .
Release all the non performers and start again .

I agree with this.

McWilliams, Lloyd Jones and Watson are all out of contract at the end of the season. I also assume that Chucks will be out of contract.

The number one priority right now should be to secure them all for another two years. Keeping them would give us the spine of a very strong L2 side; losing them would mean that we would have to rebuild virtually from scratch.

McWilliams is the kind of player you can build a team around. I'd say he was the most dominant midfielder on the pitch in the first half yesterday. Both him and Chucks have the potential to play at a higher level and it would be nice to see us keeping hold and developing our assets for once rather than losing them for peanuts (c.f. Toney).

« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:23:11 am by bungle » Report Spam   Logged
Carton Lid

View Profile
Third year Anniversary Level 5 Apple User
« Reply #219 on: April 17, 2021, 08:27:56 am »

I agree with this.

McWilliams, Lloyd Jones and Watson are all out of contract at the end of the season. I also assume that Chucks will be out of contract.

The number one priority right now should be to secure them all for another two years. Keeping them would give us the spine of a very strong L2 side; losing them would mean that we would have to rebuild virtually from scratch.

McWilliams is the kind of player you can build a team around. I'd say he was the most dominant midfielder on the pitch in the first half yesterday. Both him and Chucks have the potential to play at a higher level and it would be nice to see us keeping hold and developing our assets for once rather than losing them for peanuts (c.f. Toney).
This makes complete sense, so what are the chances of it happening ?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: