The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 07:20:13 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Harry Smith

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Harry Smith  (Read 4074 times)
Manwork04

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2021, 20:06:11 pm »

I believe Harry Smith could do a good job for us in Lg 2. If he can stay fit and motivated he has it in him to be a real force at that level. Hope it is with us - and that he doesn't come back and haunt us, like another big front man did today.
Harry Smith is dreadful end of conversation.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2021, 20:51:54 pm »

I agree that Smith has been a disappointment but I for one was happy when we signed him as he looked pretty useful against us and played pretty well for Macclesfield that season. Don't really see the point in vilifying the player; how many players leave the club and go onto better things?  As Brady appears to be a good coach and prefers a passing game he just might get some joy out of Smithy?
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Jim Hall Fixit

View Profile
Tenth year Anniversary 500 Posts Avatar
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2021, 08:06:48 am »

I agree that Smith has been a disappointment but I for one was happy when we signed him as he looked pretty useful against us and played pretty well for Macclesfield that season. Don't really see the point in vilifying the player; how many players leave the club and go onto better things?  As Brady appears to be a good coach and prefers a passing game he just might get some joy out of Smithy?

+1
And he looked excellent when he played against us that season.
Harry is a confidence striker. When it’s low he’s awful. When it’s high he’s capable of disrupting division 4 defences and finding the net regularly.
Brady is the sort of manager who will keep his confidence levels high - as long as he keeps well clear of thehotelend!!!
Report Spam   Logged

"My three children were born in Northamptonshire so I like to think I'm an adopted Northamptonian and it's the same for Rico and Sammo. It means a lot to us because this is our county.
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2021, 09:32:18 am »

IMO,

If, say, we went into next season with A Jones, Smith, Chucks and Rose as our four main strikers, with Watson supporting from midfield & Hoskins thrown into the mix, if we can sort out the supply line, we would be an extremely difficult opposition to any defence.

Sadly, reality will kick in & I would be surprised if only one or two of these will be here next year.
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2021, 09:33:09 am »

Oh, and a quality and reliable keeper too!
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2021, 09:41:51 am »

Here are the the strikers minutes per goal for us this season
Smith     322
Rose     500
Hoskins     564
Edmondson     578

Smith comfortably the best by quite a distance
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2021, 09:44:41 am »

IMO,

If, say, we went into next season with A Jones, Smith, Chucks and Rose as our four main strikers, with Watson supporting from midfield & Hoskins thrown into the mix, if we can sort out the supply line, we would be an extremely difficult opposition to any defence.

Sadly, reality will kick in & I would be surprised if only one or two of these will be here next year.

None of the strikers currently contracted will score enough goals to get us promoted from league 2 next season, I would still be looking to bring someone else in.
Report Spam   Logged
DrillingCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Combination
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2021, 10:28:30 am »

+1
And he looked excellent when he played against us that season.
Harry is a confidence striker. When it’s low he’s awful. When it’s high he’s capable of disrupting division 4 defences and finding the net regularly.
Brady is the sort of manager who will keep his confidence levels high - as long as he keeps well clear of thehotelend!!!

Agree 100%.

You've only got to see how he ups his game the moments after he's scored a goal. He turns into a totally different player, instantly!

As you say, Brady *might* just be the manager whom can get him to play well on a regular basis...
Report Spam   Logged
razorntfc

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2021, 05:04:22 am »

I actually thinks smith is a decent footballer, people assume he’s simply a target man and we must pump the ball up to him, get it on the deck and get people to play off him.

I know we all face difficult personal times, He’s gone through an incredibly tough 12 months off the pitch, I think with a decent pre season under his belt and a fresh start under Brady, a tune can be got from him.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2021, 06:48:04 am »

Smith and Rose to bag 20+ goals between them next year

League 2 domination awaits before Smith  to seal a big money move and to become Steve Howard Part 2

I have 50 pence on it
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Level 5 Third year Anniversary
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2021, 09:08:59 am »

IMO,

Ah, if in doubt stick with the same losing formula and hope for the best!
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2021, 12:11:31 pm »

Ah, if in doubt stick with the same losing formula and hope for the best!

Not really, in my opinion. None of these guys have been served too well whilst with us, yet Smith and Rose have both performed to a decent standard with others.

Also conscious that most of our forward line is already under contract, so that was a consideration in my thinking.

The "same losing  formula" therefore would be for us to sign more aging journeymen on a short contract rather than what I think is needed, which is proven league two, and capable of league one, creators of chances.

As an alternative view, what would your personal suggestion be?
Report Spam   Logged
Larry

View Profile
Search Fourth year Anniversary Mobile User
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2021, 13:38:55 pm »

Here are the the strikers minutes per goal for us this season
Smith     322
Rose     500
Hoskins     564
Edmondson     578

Smith comfortably the best by quite a distance

It might be fairer to count how many minutes per good chances missed.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2021, 13:41:34 pm »

We should mouth ball the club until we can get rid of greedy Thomas, otherwise in the off chance we have some success we are doomed to relegation and misery.
Twice bitten...........
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Winslow Lee

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2021, 14:16:58 pm »

It might be fairer to count how many minutes per good chances missed.

That wouldn’t take into account positioning, there’s a lot to being in the right place at the right time. It’s easy to say the strikers don’t get enough chances but Watson has scored freely and both Horsfall and Kioso have more goals than any striker since JB has taken over.
Report Spam   Logged
Coolcat

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2021, 14:33:35 pm »

We should mouth ball the club until we can get rid of greedy Thomas, otherwise in the off chance we have some success we are doomed to relegation and misery.
Twice bitten...........
Quite a lot of people should be mouth balled!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2021, 14:47:45 pm »

Not really, in my opinion. None of these guys have been served too well whilst with us, yet Smith and Rose have both performed to a decent standard with others.

Also conscious that most of our forward line is already under contract, so that was a consideration in my thinking.

The "same losing  formula" therefore would be for us to sign more aging journeymen on a short contract rather than what I think is needed, which is proven league two, and capable of league one, creators of chances.

As an alternative view, what would your personal suggestion be?

Up until January they were playing alongside the person with the 2nd most prolific assist record in league football. 2nd only to KDB.

The likes of Smith played alongside the said assist merchant for over a year and a half.

I’m not sure where we can go from there!?   
Report Spam   Logged
1971cobbler

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2021, 15:30:28 pm »

Up until January they were playing alongside the person with the 2nd most prolific assist record in league football. 2nd only to KDB.

The likes of Smith played alongside the said assist merchant for over a year and a half.

I’m not sure where we can go from there!?   

OK, but why then belittle my thought process if you don't have a suggestion?

Again, IMO, Adams was found out this year in league one though, and most of his assists last year were from set pieces.

I am referring to creating chances from open play. And from two outlets, not just one side. That becomes more difficult to counter.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2021, 16:21:10 pm »

Quite a lot of people should be mouth balled!  Grin
Haha brilliant, I’ll leave it like that, loving the predictive typing!
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Mysterious Curle

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2021, 16:24:20 pm »

OK, but why then belittle my thought process if you don't have a suggestion?

Again, IMO, Adams was found out this year in league one though, and most of his assists last year were from set pieces.

I am referring to creating chances from open play. And from two outlets, not just one side. That becomes more difficult to counter.

I think my suggestion is generally the same as most. Get rid of Smith, BAS, Rose, Edmonson and get some strikers in capable of scoring goals.

Interesting our top assists (6) from open play have come from Hoskins this season. As a comparison, Charlton currently sitting in 8th have scored over double the amount of goals from open play with their top assist contributor has only managing 5 open play assists. It goes to show what can be achieved when you have somebody half competent upfront that helps to create their own luck!
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: