The Hotel End
March 29, 2024, 04:40:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 204162 times)
OCoole

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
Windows User Sixth year Anniversary Level 5
« Reply #1700 on: July 09, 2021, 23:17:52 pm »

Does anyone remember the name of that French midfielder who played on trial for us in pre-season either 2 or 3 years ago? Distinctly remember him looking very tidy at Fernie Fields. I'm pretty sure Curle decided against him and then he signed for a foreign side (perhaps in Greece or Turkey?) but really cannot remember his name..
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #1701 on: July 10, 2021, 07:41:49 am »

Anyone else feel cautiously optimistic regarding our defence?
With our two centre back signings receiving positive reviews from departing clubs, both  of which Brady described as leaders , added to Horsefalls development, think we have good options on that front.
Mills was rated by FGR fans at this level and Im fairly confident we will apply himself well and Harriman is good enough for this level.
Report Spam   Logged
Joes Sweet Left Foot

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1702 on: July 10, 2021, 08:09:17 am »

With our two centre back signings receiving positive reviews from departing clubs, both  of which Brady described as leaders , added to Horsefalls development, think we have good options on that front.
Mills was rated by FGR fans at this level and Im fairly confident we will apply himself well and Harriman is good enough for this level.

Looking O.K., especially with another experienced RB to come hopefully. Not yet convinced about the goalkeeping options though. Instead of 2 mediocre keepers would have preferred an experienced keeper in the Matt Duke mould with perhaps a young loanee as backup. A dodgy keeper will always cost you points over the course of the season, we don't want a repeat of last season.
Report Spam   Logged
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1703 on: July 10, 2021, 08:23:24 am »

We need a right back IMO.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
BackOfTheNet

View Profile
Search Level 6 Combination
« Reply #1704 on: July 10, 2021, 09:12:59 am »

I think Mills is a decent LB at this level and Harriman provides very good cover on either side. With Mills seemingly prone to niggly injuries, Harriman will get game time on that side of the pitch. Plus there's Hoskins who can provide adequate cover at full back, so I think we really just need a first choice RB to round out the squad. Any additional signings would be a bonus.
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotelend Grand National* Sweepstake Champion 2020
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #1705 on: July 10, 2021, 10:46:07 am »

I think Mills is a decent LB at this level and Harriman provides very good cover on either side. With Mills seemingly prone to niggly injuries, Harriman will get game time on that side of the pitch. Plus there's Hoskins who can provide adequate cover at full back, so I think we really just need a first choice RB to round out the squad. Any additional signings would be a bonus.
I forgot about Super Sam, TBF he was decent last time he played there.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #1706 on: July 10, 2021, 10:48:43 am »

Plus there's Hoskins who can provide adequate cover at full back

In my more fanciful moments I wonder whether Hoskins could actually be transformed into an outstanding full-back. He has all the attributes (work rate, decent tackling and pressing, pace on the recovery, ability to carry the ball forward at speed) and his deficiencies in terms of finishing and crossing would be a lot less of an issue. He played very well there against Sunderland. Have we been playing him out of position all this time?

Report Spam   Logged
Zen Master

Taxi to Kings Heath mate?

View Profile
Level 6 Search Apple User
« Reply #1707 on: July 10, 2021, 11:47:56 am »

Does anyone remember the name of that French midfielder who played on trial for us in pre-season either 2 or 3 years ago? Distinctly remember him looking very tidy at Fernie Fields. I'm pretty sure Curle decided against him and then he signed for a foreign side (perhaps in Greece or Turkey?) but really cannot remember his name..

Curtis Yebli
Report Spam   Logged

I think someone should just take this city of Peterborough and just... just flush it down the f***in' toilet

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2022
guest3338

« Reply #1708 on: July 10, 2021, 12:45:28 pm »

In my more fanciful moments I wonder whether Hoskins could actually be transformed into an outstanding full-back. He has all the attributes (work rate, decent tackling and pressing, pace on the recovery, ability to carry the ball forward at speed) and his deficiencies in terms of finishing and crossing would be a lot less of an issue. He played very well there against Sunderland. Have we been playing him out of position all this time?

I said exactly this about 4 years ago. There's a post I could reference but I camt be arsed.
I said at the time that if he learnt to tackle and mark (old terminology, but you get the drift) he could become a reasonable wingback.
Unfortunately I dont think the defensive side of his game has come on enough to get him a move to a higher level.
Could still be ok for us though.
Report Spam   Logged
cobbler151

View Profile
Fifth year Anniversary Level 5 Search
« Reply #1709 on: July 10, 2021, 12:55:55 pm »

Is defiantly the area we need to strengthen in now and  I think we will end up with a loanee that can cover both RB and LB on the cheap.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #1710 on: July 10, 2021, 12:59:05 pm »

Where do we think the trialists will be playing today then? Right-back, out-wide, up front?
Interesting to note that Sid was one of those trialists we've had for a week and a bit, and signed him off the back of it.
Report Spam   Logged
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: July 10, 2021, 14:11:36 pm »

Some odd trialists, all of them defenders. Cameron McWilliams being back is the biggest shock! Also ex-Peterborough full back, who I had on trial who I remember being pacey.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #1712 on: July 10, 2021, 15:18:47 pm »

Some odd trialists, all of them defenders. Cameron McWilliams being back is the biggest shock! Also ex-Peterborough full back, who I had on trial who I remember being pacey.
Is it a shock though? Brady clearly has some different opinions to Curle and that’s probably a good thing. Would have an in depth knowledge of Cam, has worked with him presumably extensively, so perhaps it was to be expected?
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Welly Cobb

View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: July 10, 2021, 15:20:26 pm »

Is it a shock though? Brady clearly has some different opinions to Curle and that’s probably a good thing. Would have an in depth knowledge of Cam, has worked with him presumably extensively, so perhaps it was to be expected?
Sure, but its not often a player is released and then re-signed the following year.
Report Spam   Logged
Melbourne Cobbler

View Profile
Spammer 25 Posts in one day Avatar Search
« Reply #1714 on: July 10, 2021, 20:06:11 pm »

True.
Report Spam   Logged

Not a real supporter but unelected chair of the Northampton Town Honorary Supporters Club. (Please note: any opinions given may not necessarily be shared by proper supporters. In incidents of conflict the views of real supporters shall take precedence).
Mathius

View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: July 10, 2021, 20:57:03 pm »

Sure, but its not often a player is released and then re-signed the following year.

Did suggest he might get resigned. Spent last year with Cardiff U23s which would have helped his improvement. If he's injury-free definitely worth a contract. 
Report Spam   Logged
Ragdoll Cobbler

View Profile
Linux User Level 5 1000 Posts
« Reply #1716 on: July 10, 2021, 21:22:16 pm »

Did suggest he might get resigned. Spent last year with Cardiff U23s which would have helped his improvement. If he's injury-free definitely worth a contract. 

Thought the left back who played in the first half looked far superior to young Cameron...
Report Spam   Logged
lordjord

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1717 on: July 11, 2021, 14:43:12 pm »

Would definitely like to see Debayo feature more against sterner opposition. This is what a Crawley said of David Sesay who featured at RB in the second half. "He is a right footed full back who can play either flank. Without being stand out he gets the job done. He plays and the side he is on is secure.

The thing that held him back at Crawley was his ability to play either side. Put him on the bench and you have cover at left and right back plus defensive midfield.

Imho a good player"

Considering we need cover at both full back positions that certainly would be of interest.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #1718 on: July 12, 2021, 07:24:22 am »

https://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/cobblers-looking-to-strengthen-at-full-back-3303880
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1719 on: July 12, 2021, 09:18:36 am »

I know it’s good to have versatility in the squad but doesn’t Harriman already fill this role?
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: