The Hotel End
March 28, 2024, 13:53:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Summer 2021 Transfer Window

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 139   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Summer 2021 Transfer Window  (Read 203841 times)
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
Badges: (View All)
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #580 on: June 02, 2021, 12:09:33 pm »

Seems like a decent signing and not sure what some people are expecting with a limited budget.
Importantly JB is getting to pick his own team and we’ll soon see if he is going to work some league two magic.
The keeper situation will be the biggy.

At least 3 or 4 on here are underwhelmed; of whom two already sharpening their knives. Talk about Deja Vu Roll Eyes Can see where JB is coming from; a team likely to bulldoze their way out of League 2!
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #581 on: June 02, 2021, 12:10:33 pm »

Here’s what Killie fans think of him, my personal favourite is “ he’s nowhere near our level”
Enjoy.
https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11580-kabamba/
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Gen.Disorda

View Profile
Level 6 Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #582 on: June 02, 2021, 12:11:38 pm »

From the highlights reel he looks to be strong with a solid touch. We needed someone who could play with their back to goal last year. I think he looks a very good signing, a target man with a bit of mobility.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2021, 12:36:25 pm by Gen.Disorda » Report Spam   Logged

Irchy cob

View Profile
Eighth year Anniversary Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #583 on: June 02, 2021, 12:31:38 pm »

Seems like a decent signing and not sure what some people are expecting with a limited budget.
Importantly JB is getting to pick his own team and we’ll soon see if he is going to work some league two magic.
The keeper situation will be the biggy.

Without wishing to be argumentative, who has said anything about what our budget is likely to be?  I wouldn’t have thought Brady, Foyle (and Calderwood to come?) would have signed on for the “project” without assurances that we’re going to give it a decent crack?
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #584 on: June 02, 2021, 12:44:31 pm »

Ba la la la Kabamba......
Report Spam   Logged
WasRambo

View Profile
Windows User Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #585 on: June 02, 2021, 12:47:45 pm »

damn, too slow

me, not Kabamba, hes supposed to be rapid
Report Spam   Logged
Monty

View Profile
Windows User Apple User Combination
« Reply #586 on: June 02, 2021, 13:13:44 pm »

Here’s what Killie fans think of him, my personal favourite is “ he’s nowhere near our level”
Enjoy.
https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11580-kabamba/
https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11819-kabamba/

"That’s a much higher level that I expected"
Report Spam   Logged

Hotel End Grand National Sweepstake Winner 2018, Fantasy Premier League Winner 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
1971cobbler

View Profile
Level 5 Search Fifth year Anniversary
« Reply #587 on: June 02, 2021, 13:33:19 pm »

Apparently he can't keep his footing, imagine him & Ashley-Seal upfront.  Cheesy

I wonder if them swapping boots with each other would work?  Angry
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #588 on: June 02, 2021, 14:01:18 pm »

https://www.killiefc.com/forum/index.php?/topic/11819-kabamba/

"That’s a much higher level that I expected"

https://salarysport.com/football/sky-bet-league-one/northampton-town/
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
bungle

View Profile
Search Mobile User Combination
« Reply #589 on: June 02, 2021, 14:30:30 pm »

At first glance he appears to have the physical attributes which we lacked last season: power and pace. However, we’ve made ‘first glance’ signings before and they haven’t got us very far.

I’d like to know the extent to which KT’s much-heralded new data-based approach was used for this signing. For instance, is his percentage of aerial duels won and his ratio of hold-ups to lay-offs significantly better than what we have already? (Killie fans’ testimony would suggest not.)

Also not sure that getting a former loanee full back to say a couple of words about his mate constitutes a thorough ‘character reference’.

I’m not getting at Kabamba per se here - as others have said he could well do a Vadaine Oliver and prove a very astute signing. What I’m concerned about is whether the recruitment process in general has improved. The first thing I would be asking KT/JB if I was a journalist (or in one of the open forums) is simply: tell me how this signing is evidence of an improved recruitment process.
Report Spam   Logged
everbrite

Steve Howard best since Cliff Holton

View Profile
20000 Posts Search Apple User
« Reply #590 on: June 02, 2021, 14:31:56 pm »

From the highlights reel he looks to be strong with a solid touch. We needed someone who could play with their back to goal last year. I think he looks a very good signing, a target man with a bit of mobility.

Having read the Kiliie forum appreciated this comment :
" think there is a player in Kabamba if properly coached .Wasn't that lobg ago he was supposedly being scouted from Bournemouth .a very frustrating player reminds of Jerome Varielle "
Report Spam   Logged

2020 Grand National S/S 3rd Place
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #591 on: June 02, 2021, 14:32:09 pm »

The top two here is hilarious, jesus.
Report Spam   Logged
The Rauldinho

View Profile
Search Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #592 on: June 02, 2021, 14:34:20 pm »

So we have one of the new strikers in, I am neither over or underwhelmed.

Time will tell if he is any good, remember how many people bemoaned Oliver last season and he bagged more than just a few at Gillingham this season.

Interesting to see exactly how "quick" he is compared to our current crop.
Report Spam   Logged
Winslow Lee

View Profile
Search Apple User Mobile User
« Reply #593 on: June 02, 2021, 15:00:03 pm »

I’d like to know the extent to which KT’s much-heralded new data-based approach was used for this signing. For instance, is his percentage of aerial duels won and his ratio of hold-ups to lay-offs significantly better than what we have already? (Killie fans’ testimony would suggest not.)

Killie fans though haven’t seen our useless bunch of strikers for comparison, 9 goals would definitely be a big improvement on what our guys got!.
Report Spam   Logged
guest49

« Reply #594 on: June 02, 2021, 15:02:34 pm »

Without wishing to be argumentative, who has said anything about what our budget is likely to be?  I wouldn’t have thought Brady, Foyle (and Calderwood to come?) would have signed on for the “project” without assurances that we’re going to give it a decent crack?

No argument here. Wasn’t suggesting our budget isn’t competitive for league 2 but how many league 2 players generate any serious excitement, especially before you see them?!
If we get Atkins, Calderwood, Chambers, Bayo and why not Trevor Morley, we’ll have no money left.  Tongue
Report Spam   Logged
guest2995

« Reply #595 on: June 02, 2021, 15:05:17 pm »

once we get rid of BAS and Smith we may have a bit more spending power , but who is likely to take them ?
I believe people will realise after this summer’s recruitment that actually the problem within this club is actually much deeper set .
No one has taken the club forward financially in a long time and questions must be asked over what happened to the Goode and play off money from last season.
Everything is in place from a football management point of view but no one can keep being expected to over perform by 10 league positions per season to cover up the cracks .

Report Spam   Logged
GrangeParkCobbler

View Profile
Search Windows User Level 6
« Reply #596 on: June 02, 2021, 15:10:23 pm »

once we get rid of BAS and Smith we may have a bit more spending power , but who is likely to take them ?
I believe people will realise after this summer’s recruitment that actually the problem within this club is actually much deeper set .
No one has taken the club forward financially in a long time and questions must be asked over what happened to the Goode and play off money from last season.
Everything is in place from a football management point of view but no one can keep being expected to over perform by 10 league positions per season to cover up the cracks .

The Goode money was used for good old ‘running costs’ and meant that the chairman didn’t have to write any cheques until the end of April......
The playoffs would have cost the club money, there was no income, and the loss in match day revenue was negated by the FA cup run money and the PL bailout cash......
Report Spam   Logged

The Hotel End GTA Champion 2006/7, 2007/8, 2011/12, 2012/13 and 2018/19
guest3063

« Reply #597 on: June 02, 2021, 15:16:55 pm »

This playing budget crap. You need a team, players that will go the extra mile and never give up. Just ask the Morecambe fans what is possible. And it happens every year up and down the country.
Report Spam   Logged
Deepcut Cobbler
Administrator

View Profile
Search Level 6 Windows User
« Reply #598 on: June 02, 2021, 15:28:37 pm »

This playing budget crap. You need a team, players that will go the extra mile and never give up. Just ask the Morecambe fans what is possible. And it happens every year up and down the country.

Didn't we have that last season?
Report Spam   Logged

“They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.” Laurence Binyon

The Hotelend Grand National Sweepstake Champion 2009
Manwork04

View Profile
Windows User Mobile User Spammer 25 Posts in one day
« Reply #599 on: June 02, 2021, 15:33:00 pm »

Your right the playing budget is crap, KT is throwing his toys out of his pram because the nasty council won’t give him his cake and eat it.
Report Spam   Logged

Rule Britannia
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 139   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: